Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    *groan* too much effort... although for a second I read contact instead of contract.... :P

Really want that backpack though lol
    It feels more and more like they are either recuperating from Classic not giving the numbers they want, or they are testing the subconscious ideas of monthly login rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Admazzola View Post
    In my opinion I think that it's a real shame that Activation is pushing for most of the new content and rewards to be based around non-game actions.

It seems like all of the best gear, mounts, transmogs and more just require a credit card swipe. That is empty and lifeless. If you walk around in town with that on , it's meaningless. All I can infer from that is that you have a rich daddy and you funnel money to these CEOs.

In Classic, you get rewards for Playing The Game. That's its. For having epic adventures, braving dragons, forming friends, spilling blood in the world. Your armor and weapons are a testament to your prowess on the battlefield and tell a story about what you have done and what you can do. Blizzard lost this and by losing this, destroyed the game. That is why sub numbers are rock bottom. All of these garbage rewards are meaningless. They are just polygons. They don't tell a story. Its not an RPG anymore it's a cash shop with wheels.
    Cash shop with wheels? Yeah, no, WoW still isn't even close to the amount of cash shop you see in other MMO's..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean 140+ you get 4 months.
    Yeah, but isn't that too much?
    I mean it's clearly a cashgrab, I think that there will be people who will just pay with their own money(making a new accounts etc, instead of getting a friend) for that.

It just seems to me they spent 5 expansions to tailor the game around tourists and cyclical unsubbers only to be now desperate to get some long-term subs instead. The ship, the sylvan drake and now the "get your 'friend' to be subbed for a year" promo.

Sorry, that won't fix the problem your game has no longevity and your typical player subs for 1 month, unsubs for the next 4 and goes on like that. The whole gameplay is tailored to reward those the most and any long term player will soon find out that past the low hanging fruits the only thing that is left are unfun, boring grinds that don't even feel rewarding at all and get nullified by the next big patch.

P.S. I don't deny that we'll soon see whales who bought 6 secondary accounts to get all the rewards in 2 months.

turns out also once you get the 12 month rewards, every 3 months you get game time, so as long as you have 3 recruited friends buyying a month each month, you get to play for 100% free!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.
    I have achievements that aren't available anymore. I have mounts that aren't available anymore. I have gear transmog that isn't available anymore (challenge mode stuff from WoD/MoP). I have crafting patterns that aren't available in the game anymore. As a veteran player, I have a lot of stuff new or returning players don't and won't ever have.

That's not "nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I agree that long term subscribers could be thrown something every once in a while, but it's not like this is just a Blizzard thing. Cell phone companies, cable companies, all sorts of companies do promos for new customers, hell when I got my storage unit, it was $88/month for the first year, and now it's like $235/month despite them not being full. It sucks bit it's the nature of many businesses.
    And you can if you want, get those same deals by either changing your cell/internet/tv provider or generally simply researching the competitors offers and citing them.

Anyone paying more than a new customer promotional rate for any of those things is just throwing money down the toilet. If it comes down to it, then actually cancel and within a week you'll have the fucking idiots begging you to come back. This happens every time when I cancel my natural gas provider because they won't match their own promotional rate. I go somewhere else and in 3 days have an offer from the original company not only offering me a better deal but also offering to pay the contract breaking fee.

Blizzard can get away with this because you can't move your wow subscription. Other big companies get away with it because inertia.. nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account

turns out also once you get the 12 month rewards, every 3 months you get game time, so as long as you have 3 recruited friends buyying a month each month, you get to play for 100% free!
    Would be neat if it wasn't for the 24 month lock out, or the timing it was released.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2019-09-10 at 10:30 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i have a feeling you wont get a full month each time. they very carefully said "game time reward" everywhere in that announcement without specifying how much game time, if it was a full month each time that sounds like something they would want to advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    i have a feeling you wont get a full month each time. they very carefully said "game time reward" everywhere in that announcement without specifying how much game time, if it was a full month each time that sounds like something they would want to advertise.
    game time is literally always listed as a month...

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime they've used the term 'Gametime reward' it has been 30 days game time.

game time is literally always listed as a month...
    eh i've gotten gametime in chunks of 1, 5, 7, 10, 14, 30, 60, 90, 180 and 360 days over the years. it'll be nice if its 30 days each time but i wouldn't put it past them to put a diminishing return on it.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    He said it, not me

eh i've gotten gametime in chunks of 1, 5, 7, 10, 14, 30, 60, 90, 180 and 360 days over the years. it'll be nice if its 30 days each time but i wouldn't put it past them to put a diminishing return on it.
    except they always say game time, its the only way you can buy yout time, you can buy 7 days of wow, you cant buy 15, you can only buy 30, and extensions of 30

1. a statue

stop mentioning the fucking statue

NOONE has the stupid statue. Literally less than 3 people were actually subscribed for every single month for 10 years straight without canceling for just a single day, also while not changing regions and all the other bullshit reasons that disqualified you from getting the fucking shitty small disgusting 200 dollars statue

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post

NOONE has the stupid statue. Literally less than 3 people were actually subscribed for every single month for 10 years straight without canceling for just a single day, also while not changing regions and all the other bullshit reasons that disqualified you from getting the fucking shitty small disgusting 200 dollars statue
    wow that is alot of claims with 0 evidence.
    "without changing regions" yes because idk about you, but the average person i think moves across the world.
    also as confirmed by people who got the statue, you did not need to"NEVER UNSUB" just a certin percentage, as there were many people who quit for a few months who got theirs.
    also "fucking shitty small disgusting 200 dollars statue" is the most backwards sentence i have ever hear.

1. fucking- how can a statue be fucking?
    2. for statue size it was pretty big actually
    3. disgusting? how can a statue be disgusting unless its that one dead island made of the girls tits where her head and arms were chopped off.
    4. 200 dollar statue- how is that bad? "Wow look at you and your 2000$ computer" ok..? what point ya making? also how is it 200$ when blizzard gave it away for free? are you talkig about what people are selling it for on ebay?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-09-10 at 10:58 PM.

Yep, this is the only way Blizzard is being creative nowadays. With their monetization schemes.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So two? Because I'm one of them. Where are you soulmate

10+ Year Old Account

You mean the statue that a few hundred gotta have recieved? How much I would've wanted mine if not for region bullshit, I know for a fact of 15 that has it, and the thread on MMO-champion with people sharing their packages and as well from YouTube, seem to be some numbers too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stuff is neat, but it's kind of a shame that it wasn't rewarded from Explorer's League/Reliquary content as @melzas said on page 1.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Blizz giving stuff for free if u recruit a friend

Mmo champ neckbeards crying. Nothing new