Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I'm curious because i don't see so much about it.

While i think Arerite traits was a disaster as i felt it was just grinding something your spec should have had in the first place in the best case scenario it s mostly boring passives with no added value.

Essences in the other hand i really liked. I often change my essences and what they do is clearly defined. I dont feel overwhelmed by too many traits and the 3 level are easy to get and entertaining (minus the pvp ones that should only be for pvp)

That's the only thing I'd save from BFA.

What are your thoughts?
    I liked getting the essences. It was nice to have something to work towards. For example, blood of the enemy gave you an actual reason to do pvp.

However the essences themselves I think are boring. They don’t really change your gameplay in my opinion. They just give you an extra button to press.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would have been a lot better if every ability wasn't shared among the rest of the classes. I was hoping we would start seeing new class abilities, but that would require more effort, so they didn't do that.

Essence are good gameplay for a one character player. Once you get into alt territory it becomes a really boring slog. System wise at least. Then the whole system feels pretty lazy. Not even class tailored but instead blanket role abilities.

I'm not a huge fan of the system. In my opinion, they're generic, underwhelming, and I have no motivation to grind something like that which will be obsolete in a few patches. I guess that's also the reason why I no longer really care about pushing ilvl or end game content anymore -- my priorities have just changed over time. I understand some folks enjoy it, it's not for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Honest, how often do you revisit a place, that have given you no indication anything is happening? Without a new content patch have been applied, ofc.

57 was the last time you needed to go to chamber to use the 2nd Essence. Not having returned before 62 is not really that s t range..
    Why did you wait until 57 to unlock your minor slot? And why were you actively avoiding (it must have been actively considering how many blizzard throws at you for doing the content you claim to have been doing) all of the other essences?

I really like the basic concept of the essences but the ranks and connected time sink really kills the system for me. Especially having in mind that in legion the whole system got scrapped at the end of an expansion and I fear this will be the same here too.

Another skinner box. The reward is more interesting than the gameplay.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Why did you wait until 57 to unlock your minor slot? And why were you actively avoiding (it must have been actively considering how many blizzard throws at you for doing the content you claim to have been doing) all of the other essences?
    55 was the minor slot, 57 was the stamina slot, which also require you to visit Chamber.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

55 was the minor slot, 57 was the stamina slot, which also require you to visit Chamber.
    I know that. You said 57 was the last time you needed to go to the chamber to use the second essence. I'm still unsure of why you waited till 57 to use it when it unlocked 2 levels earlier. Or why you avoided getting/upgrading any of the other essences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that. You said 57 was the last time you needed to go to the chamber to use the second essence. I'm still unsure of why you waited till 57 to use it when it unlocked 2 levels earlier. Or why you avoided getting/upgrading any of the other essences.
    Semantics

57 was the last time you needed to go to Chamber, regardless of reason.

Thus: It's not strange, that you don't notice there is a quest at 60, when next stamina-increase is 62.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-09-10 at 04:34 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

As a Destro Warlock, Essence of Perfection is one of my favorite things ever, having 3 Infernals running around sometimes is amazing.

Neck level and essences should be account wide. Then it would be perfect

Semantics

57 was the last time you needed to go to Chamber, regardless of reason.

Thus: It's not strange, that you don't notice there is a quest at 60, when next stamina-increase is 62.
    It is kind of strange that you would avoid any of the other essence upgrades and the questgiver that suddenly appears in the capital when they weren't there before.

It is kind of strange that you would avoid any of the other essence upgrades and the questgiver that suddenly appears in the capital when they weren't there before.
    And the tooltip of the essence that tells you about the quest.

I wish it was more alt freindly

I really enjoyed it....the first time going through unlocking them on my main. Now I don't even want to think about my alts, which is unfortunate.

I think a better system would be more varied ways to unlock them, and once they're unlocked on one character than they're available across the board. Also, I'd add to lock the legendary Rank 4 to each class. That way you can show how big your "e-peen" is but it doesn't stop you from playing that DH you leveled to run around herbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    But he wasn't in capital; he was s in chamber, for which there was no way of knowing that you needed to pay him a visit, until 62, when you go there for the stamina upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    I enjoy the whole essence system, but hope they make it account-wide in the future.
    This. They could even remove all azerite gear and benthic stuff and just leave essences, making them account-wide.

But he wasn't in capital; he was s in chamber, for which there was no way of knowing that you needed to pay him a visit, until 62, when you go there for the stamina upgrade.
    Yes, there is. You missing it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Too late, I don't care anymore.