Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everywhere I go is absolutely packed... I have not noticed any dropoff yet whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    Sounds like you got yourself a shitty guild full of young'uns
    I love the grandpa bullshit. As if finding Classic a dull grind means you are a child ... since obviously everyone over some subjective age cutoff just loves one tedious grind after another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Everywhere I go is absolutely packed... I have not noticed any dropoff yet whatsoever.
    That's the thing with layers though ... you wouldn't notice until it's down to 1 layer and it keeps dropping. I hope that doesn't happen because then it will suck for everyone. It's just not a good game to play without an adequately supporting population.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    That's the thing with layers though ... you wouldn't notice until it's down to 1 layer and it keeps dropping. I hope that doesn't happen because then it will suck for everyone. It's just not a good game to play without an adequately supporting population.
    I understand that, but people here are saying that there has already been a drop-off, and I am confused as to what server/game they are playing or where they are getting that information from since all the info I have (from playing the game) is in complete contradiction. Obviously I am not privy to layering info but just from experience alone I don't know how someone could say there's a significant drop-off.

Yes, there will be a drop off as people realise the slow introduction of content and the fact that we know what future content has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Yes, there will be a drop off as people realise the slow introduction of content and the fact that we know what future content has to offer.
    I cleared MC with 2 Characters now, I am kinda disapointed since there is litterarely nothing to do.

Pre-Raid BiS is No longer needed, professions are easy to get to 300 and Epic riding was Done instantly, Thanks to Herbalism.

And PvP IS useless without Honor. Guess have to wait for P3 now and Play BL3 Til next phases.

Hardly news, Moana

https://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/g...-on-a-console/

The average age of someone who plays games is 31 years old. In fact, more gamers are over the age of 36 than between the ages of 18 to 35 or under the age of 18. They are also mostly men, but by a slimming margin. Men make up 52 percent. From 2012 to 2013, the number of women gamers over the age of 50 grew by 32 percent.
    I expect a steep drop off the same time the rose coloured glasses fall off. 15 year old gameplay, primitive graphics, outdated mechanics, 15 year old paradigm,. the older gamer doesnt have the time to waste on useless trivia.

If WOW had launched this without a dedicated fanbase the game would crater at mach 10. Any new game with Vanilla like gameplay would be a financial black hole.

- - - Updated - - -

and I am confused as to what server/game they are playing
    FF 14
    BDO

Any number of others games, both MMO and singleplayer genre.

Vanilla WOW is nostalgia. Its a nice place to visit....but anyone with half a brain wont want to live there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very strongly. I was adamant that around 90% of the player base would quit within the first two months and I now feel this more strongly than ever.

That doesn't mean it's not a massive success for me personally though. I'm enjoying it, but I don't see it as something to be addicted to. I've even taken a break for a couple of days and feel confident that I can come back at any time and still enjoy myself. That's the mark of a good game, no matter how much or how little it may suit today's gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Phases are not gonna bring people back though
    I think it will. Mostly the BG one (phase 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Very strongly. I was adamant that around 90% of the player base would quit within the first two months and I now feel this more strongly than ever.

That doesn't mean it's not a massive success for me personally though. I'm enjoying it, but I don't see it as something to be addicted to. I've even taken a break for a couple of days and feel confident that I can come back at any time and still enjoy myself. That's the mark of a good game, no matter how much or how little it may suit today's gaming world.
    We shall see but at this moment there is no drop-off whatsoever. The server is packed. The guild is growing and people are loving leveling again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im a Classic fanboy and this game is for me the one and only game i will be playing for months to come.
    And even though i used to get mad everytime i read Blizzard's "we expect a steep drop-off in interest"...after playing the game, i have to say i agree with them.

I dont think i need to repeat myself but this game is for me the best thing in videogame history, yet i think its only for incredibly patient people.
    And do you think the majority of the current market is "incredibly patient"? In the age of "zoomers"? I dont think so...imo.

This is all a personal opinion after playing the game AND thinking to myself...there is no way the rest of the world enjoys the same things i do.
    Even though im enjoying it like crazy, i dont believe todays market enjoys the things a 30y old me enjoys.

And im "ok" with this.
    I dont need Classic to be a success to prove anything to others. I just want it to exist so i can play it with other people who also enjoy it.

What is your opinion after playing the game and CONSIDER in your opinion the current market of videogames?
    This is why i couldnt stress enough to people not to transfer from full realms.

i'm waiting out 1-2 hour queues everyday, what are you talking about? )

The drop off is inevitable, at some point people run out of content to do.

I enjoy classic more than I thought I would, and I have hardly touched retail since but at some point I know I am gonna be bored of Classic, hell I sometimes space out completely while questing because it isn't fun nor is it particularly challenging but I really wanna do the end game again so thats basicly the only thing that drives me forward.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-09-11 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im a Classic fanboy and this game is for me the one and only game i will be playing for months to come.
    And even though i used to get mad everytime i read Blizzard's "we expect a steep drop-off in interest"...after playing the game, i have to say i agree with them.

I dont think i need to repeat myself but this game is for me the best thing in videogame history, yet i think its only for incredibly patient people.
    And do you think the majority of the current market is "incredibly patient"? In the age of "zoomers"? I dont think so...imo.

This is all a personal opinion after playing the game AND thinking to myself...there is no way the rest of the world enjoys the same things i do.
    Even though im enjoying it like crazy, i dont believe todays market enjoys the things a 30y old me enjoys.

And im "ok" with this.
    I dont need Classic to be a success to prove anything to others. I just want it to exist so i can play it with other people who also enjoy it.

What is your opinion after playing the game and CONSIDER in your opinion the current market of videogames?
    Already a slow drizzle off from players. Luckily Live/Current/Progression seem to slowly get players too as Classic updated the gametime to cover both.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I always expected the game to reach good numbers in the initial rush, then fall greatly to a stable population of dedicated players. It should work well that way.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I enjoyed classic at first, but for me it's too ugly and too slow. Levelled a priest till 40 and am done for now. For me the nostalgia has worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    I cleared MC with 2 Characters now, I am kinda disapointed since there is litterarely nothing to do.

Pre-Raid BiS is No longer needed, professions are easy to get to 300 and Epic riding was Done instantly, Thanks to Herbalism.

And PvP IS useless without Honor. Guess have to wait for P3 now and Play BL3 Til next phases.
    So you've been rushing two characters to max level (group AOE grinding or whatever) finishing MC in a time window where 99% of the players aren't even close to level 60 and now you are complaining that there is nothing to do? How about you treat a game as a game and not a list of check marks...

Some people have some serious issues...

Will there be a drop off in terms of active players? Definitely! Let's just wait and see what the numbers look like in a few months. I can't make any predictions regarding how many players will stay. I don't even know how long I will play.
    This is what an actual Vanilla WoW character looked like after 69 days of playtime:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...olf/resseshold

Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post
    So you've been rushing two characters to max level (group AOE grinding or whatever) finishing MC in a time window where 99% of the players aren't even close to level 60 and now you are complaining that there is nothing to do? How about you treat a game as a game and not a list of check marks...

Will there be a drop off in terms of active players? Definitely! Let's just wait and see what the numbers look like in a few months. I can't make any predictions regarding how many players will stay. I don't even know how long I will play.
    There we go, another one.

"PLAY AS I SAY, DONT HAVE FREE TIME AND DO WHAT I SAY CAUSE I CANT DO THE SAME".

Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post

This is the weirdest thing I've ever read. Leveling in classic is fucking slow, tedious and boring as hell. Of course people are trying to rush through it to get to the actual game part of the video game. Leveling will always be a chore, it isn't now nor has it ever been a core part of WoW, because everything you do from 1-60 (or 1-120 on retail) is made irrelevant within a few hours of doing dungeons. Then you can start actually playing the game, the problem with classic is the game has already been figured out. Raids will all be one shot because we've all done them before, and there's no point farming gear because it's completely unnecessary given how easy the raids are. So until PvP comes out in phase 3 there really isn't much of a game to be played in classic, which is why it'll fall off hard once the majority of people start hitting 60 in a month or so.

I'm still not seeing any population drop yet, two weeks after release. I honestly expected the population to be halved by now, but no.
    I'm waiting for a slowdown to start my main (playing my alt since release) as I want the best experience playing her and this doesn't happen when there is five people killing the same mob in the same place, but so far even Desolace is packed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Except you can alter the /who search to get global or layer-dependant results, and I haven't had a significant difference for a week. I regularly do a "/who 2" to see newly created char which aren't bank alt on the whole realm, and it's a consistent 25 to 35 each time. Remember that going from 2 to 3 takes at most 15 mn, so it's not the same characters from one check to another.
    Even sunday at 7 in the morning (I play early to be able to enjoy playing without too much crowd) there were 11 of these new characters (though at that hour I can usually quest in peace).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post

Not like everyone and their mother loudly shouted : "no point in rushing through leveling guys".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I understand that, but people here are saying that there has already been a drop-off, and I am confused as to what server/game they are playing or where they are getting that information from since all the info I have (from playing the game) is in complete contradiction. Obviously I am not privy to layering info but just from experience alone I don't know how someone could say there's a significant drop-off.
    I'm wondering too, because I also certainly don't see any drop-off.
    That being said, when you look closer, a lot of the people saying loudly that population is shrinking, tend to be people who post history shows a strong bias against Classic. I wonder just how much is an attempt at convince themselves and others and how much is factual constatation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Looking at my own guild roster we have a growing list of people who haven't logged on for several days some as much as 12 days. It is to be expected but on a busy server I don't see it being a major issue. There are people who rushed ahead, will burn out and get bored but those playing it in a "normal" way will get months of entertainment out of classic.