Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    the real question is if you hate wow so much and like ffxiv why dont you go to ffxiv forums instead of behaing like this
    otherwise you prove you are nothing more than imbecile
    So when people are looking for certain features and I point them towards the way that's dumb? Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Trust me I know.
    You know jack shit mister "Im so insecure about my hobbies I have to insult others to feel validated and I have no friend so I make clumsy troll attempts hoping somebody will find it funny".

Go seek a therapists. You need help. Lots of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So when people are looking for certain features and I point them towards the way that's dumb? Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

You know jack shit mister "Im so insecure about my hobbies I have to insult others to feel validated and I have no friend so I make clumsy troll attempts hoping somebody will find it funny".

if they are obsessed like you yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean... 15 years worth of now exclusive event pets, toys, mounts, transmog, etc.
    Don't be obtuse. Those are not veteran rewards. Veteran rewards are veteran rewards.

Generally, I think it's kind of odd Blizzard hasn't introduced something like that. It seems like a good business strategy. Gives people an incentive to stay subbed for a bit longer if they know they'll get an exclusive mount in another 3 months or so. They could make tiers just like the RaF system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

Lol. I'm quite confident in my hobbies. That's why I hang out on a wow forum. Why are you here again? To shill your cosmetic store and then get triggered when people point out its rampant flaws and utter lack of quality or polish?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You're welcome

Just be careful though because coercion (from Coerce) carries subtly different implications depending on context. In this context I'd go with this definition:

"to compel to an act or choice"

This really is a case of the gentlest kind of coercion.

Correct. But just because I WOULDN'T do it if not for rewards doesn't mean I am inherently opposed to it. A more accurate way of describing it is that I am ambivalent towards doing it.

Why not?

Sometimes giving people a gentle nudge to do "the right thing" is necessary and good.

How so?

As I understand it, you get the reward once the person has added 12 months of game time. If they buy 2x 6-month bundles and apply them immediately, then as I understand it, the reward should be immediate.

Not that I am too bothered either way.
    Its the possible bargaining...the possible drama that comes with this.
    Your "friend" is not going to sub for 12 months "balls deep", unless you are a real life rogue with "speech level 100" in Skyrim.

You make a commitment in your head once you decide "i want this rewards"
    More commitment when you put in the code.
    At that point is too late to go back...you now "must" get this rewards...you are in too deep.
    Bargaining etc, leveling up your speech skill in real life etc

Or maybe your friend gets addicted and subs for 12 months.
    In that case you will only find out 12 months from now...because a normal person, specially a new player subs only for a few months at a time.

What if he doesnt sub for the 12 months?
    Find a new friend in real life and use /bargain again.

This is really funny because its a "real life" adventure and its breaking the 4th wall of the game...but the possibility for drama is endless. IMO
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-11 at 10:15 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The recruit a friend part is cool.
    The possible bargaining and your commitment to get this rewards coming after that is not.
    Surely that depends on the individual.

The problem here is that you are making a commitment in your head as soon as you decide "i want this rewards"
    No you aren't. It's a statement of intent, not a committment. You are free to back out at any time you want and take the rewards you have already earned with no obligation to pursue the rest.

Step 1
    "I want this rewards"

From this moment forward, you are in for a ride.
    What You could tell me here is "stop right there, you are not supposed to want this rewards"...and that is a nice point.
    But if you so happen to get this idea in your mind...you are in for a ride.
    What do you mean by "you are in for a ride"?

Step 2
    Bargain or convince a friend to join the game and make a new account. More commitment to the rewards.
    Why do you think this is a bad thing?

Step 3
    Make friend/s keep playing the game for 12 months. Sense of helplessness because its not depending on any of your actions. Possible bargain as last resort.
    Yeah, I'd agree that there is the potential for unhealthy behaviour here. Still though, it's up to the individual in question. The game is encouraging you to help to build the community, not forcing you to resort to dickish behaviour if you can't achieve it the way it's intended.

This line of reasoning is akin to blaming something like the Brutosaur (5M gold mount) for the fact that some people will buy gold from goldsellers.

Imo this is not fun at all and has a lot of potential for "drama"
    It also has the potential to bring old friends back into the game, leading to fun for both of you. I just find it cynical when people look at something like this, assume the worst possible outcome (due entirely to players making poor choices) and then blaming the system.

All of this would be a non issue if the things were available at the store and you simply got them for free with RAF. IMO
    An interesting idea that isn't without merit. I guess though that Blizzard is actually more interested in getting players to come back the game than in a short term cash grab.

@Raelbo

Could you please tell us what "speech" you have prepared to convince a friend to play BfA and to give you the code for the RAF? for entertainment purposes to all of us?
    I admit i dont have speech level at 100 in Skyrim, and have absolutely no idea how to propose this to a friend without revealing my true intentions.

I imagine myself being "discovered" as soon as i started talking. My friends are as cynical as me or even worse than me.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-11 at 10:34 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its the possible bargaining...the possible drama that comes with this.
    Your "friend" is not going to sub for 12 months "balls deep", unless you are a real life rogue with "speech level 100" in Skyrim.
    While I'd agree that convincing a friend, up front, to commit to 12 months subscription is a tall order, it's also not a requirement. At all.

What I actually need is 1 to 12 months worth of subscription divided between up to 10 friends. Every time one of my friends subscribes for a month, I get another reward. If a friend decides to bail 3 months in, I have still won. I have 3/12 of the rewards banked and every opportunity to recruit more friends and progress to the next rewards.

Also handily, Blizzard give us 4 months worth of game time in there, which I am free to give to my friends in order to help convince them.

You make a commitment in your head once you decide "i want this rewards"
    More commitment when you put in the code.
    At that point is too late to go back...you now "must" get this rewards...you are in too deep.
    Bargaining etc, leveling up your speech skill in real life etc
    I am really not getting why you keep harping on about this supposed "commitment in your head" that you "must" adhere to. The only person I would be "committing" to would be myself, and I am free to renege on that "commitment" any time I please. The entire structure of the contract is such that you're never committed to more than a month at a time.

Biggest reward so far is sticking with the game which made it possible to have Classic again. At least imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While I'd agree that convincing a friend, up front, to commit to 12 months subscription is a tall order, it's also not a requirement. At all.

What I actually need is 1 to 12 months worth of subscription divided between up to 10 friends. Every time one of my friends subscribes for a month, I get another reward. If a friend decides to bail 3 months in, I have still won. I have 3/12 of the rewards banked and every opportunity to recruit more friends and progress to the next rewards.

Also handily, Blizzard give us 4 months worth of game time in there, which I am free to give to my friends in order to help convince them.

I am really not getting why you keep harping on about this supposed "commitment in your head" that you "must" adhere to. The only person I would be "committing" to would be myself, and I am free to renege on that "commitment" any time I please. The entire structure of the contract is such that you're never committed to more than a month at a time.
    You have 10 friends willing to play WoW for you? this is the part where i worship you as King of the Nerds.
    And you have a high enough skill of "speech" to be able to do this? i worship you again

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: going to sleep, but will talk with you later! I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    From what I've seen in the blue post there is nothing preventing veteran players inviting new friends to the game and getting rewards
    except the fact they removed them. No more 300% exp.

I like how the taliesin and evitel of mmoc aka shadoci and felplague, have tried to dismiss this stuff as usual.

Also the pathetic attemp to tag sylverian mount and dreadwake as exclusive rofl.

All this RAF stuff was 100% archeology reward but lets squeeze playerbase even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have 10 friends willing to play WoW for you? this is the part where i worship you as King of the Nerds.
    And you have a high enough skill of "speech" to be able to do this? i worship you again

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: going to sleep, but will talk with you later! I hope
    I mean its not hard especially if you have a job or multiple groups of friends. Hell a friend of mine just started playing BFA not that long ago and is loving it. Unfortunately it was before this

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    I like how the taliesin and evitel of mmoc aka shadoci and felplague, have tried to dismiss this stuff as usual.

Also the pathetic attemp to tag sylverian mount and dreadwake as exclusive rofl.

All this RAF stuff was 100% archeology reward but lets squeeze playerbase even more.
    People really believe this was for archaeology? New rewards? Mid expansion?. No, if there were going to be new rewards they would be at next expansion launch.

How is this squeezing

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    People really believe this was for archaeology? New rewards? Mid expansion?. No, if there were going to be new rewards they would be at next expansion launch.
    I'm begin sarcastic, because Archeology is a dead profession and had a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    How is this squeezing
    People will make alt account and moneyshot 200bucks for the rewards, Blizzard knows it.

The recruit a friend part is cool.
    The possible bargaining and your commitment to get this rewards coming after that is not.

The problem here is that you are making a commitment in your head as soon as you decide "i want this rewards"

Step 1
    "I want this rewards"

From this moment forward, you are in for a ride.
    What You could tell me here is "stop right there, you are not supposed to want this rewards"...and that is a nice point.
    But if you so happen to get this idea in your mind...you are in for a ride.

Step 2
    Bargain or convince a friend to join the game and make a new account. More commitment to the rewards.

Step 3
    Make friend/s keep playing the game for 12 months. Sense of helplessness because its not depending on any of your actions. Possible bargain as last resort.

------

Imo this is not fun at all and has a lot of potential for "drama".
    All of this would be a non issue if the things were available at the store and you simply got them for free with RAF. IMO
    i would say is more like :

step 1 - fuck this greedy company for 120 euro purchase

step 2 - reading what is in there

step 3 realising that if you buy it 4 months sub is added to main account so its 80 euro

step 4 - ok so what is exackly there ... hm 2 mounts , transmog , pet , enchant , title ....

step 5 realising 80 euro is not even whole day of work

step 6 - accepting that you will buy it

and new whale is born

lets be honest here - 99,9% wont be looking for anyone but will simply create artificial account and buy it for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Except that if you were a veteran and changed region, you weren't allowed to get a statue either..
    i had my main acc, which had a real name and i made a second acc. first acc went for about.. three to four years when the second acc was created. since i liked two active accounts for a while and seemed to play new stuff on a new server (whilst my guild was falling apart), i transferred most of my characters to this new WoW1 account over time. which had cost me a lot. then i let the sub run out on the legacy acc.

in a way, i was subbed for the ten years at the moment of the gift and some months even double-subbed. sadly, it didn't count.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

I'm begin sarcastic, because Archeology is a dead profession and had a lot of potential.

People will make alt account and moneyshot 200bucks for the rewards, Blizzard knows it.
    there have been people that multibox for more than 10 accounts already

calling this a pay to win or squeezing of any sort is retarded

10+ Year Old Account

This i agree with. They havent really touched it since it came out with anything meaningful.

Actually we have veteran stuff already in game. Remember all those mogs you can't get anymore from Vanilla > WotLK, the chosen gear and some of the stuff that are removed from the game ? They are veteran rewards. But people complain when this kind of stuff is added to the game so that's why you won't see stuff like that. And of course, I know what you want, a true veteran system like in FF. I want this too because it's free stuff for me and a good way for them to keep their subs, but people asked for something like this for years now and it never happened.

As for this, I don't really know how it works. There's still some shady spots about the recruit-a-friend. Will we be able to use the summon all the time ? Or will it be for 3 month like the old RaF system ? Because if it lasts forever, the free month rewards could be cool for a second account. And hell, it's useful to have 2 acc in the current WoW.