Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are lot of people getting whoosh'd in this thread. Nice bait OP 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Stop being a professional passenger and make your own groups then, its faster and easier than coming on here and whining about try hards. Again, hunter main and I successfully get groups within atleast 15-20 minutes by starting my own as opposed to waiting for someone else to start one. Don't let other people ruin your fun.

Actually, people do not even want to join grps that aint spellcleave. I am sonn 60, just about to farm some more Brd cus questing as Paladin is meh.

If i play with a tank, they just want mages invited. I invited a Rogue, tank instantly left. "I want fast runs".

If i play as a tank and find a healer, same same not different. People indeed are rn really stupid - rather waot 2 hours to find a cookiecutter grp, then just smash some runs and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    you probably never bothered reading skill effects on some classes OR bothered looking at special item drops.
    or he didnt play then like most of the playerbase.

Anyone who says this happened back in vanilla...hmm. Not in my experience on US or EU servers, nor did it happen on PServers that I've played on.

This is a new classic meta. But like others have said, just start your own group. There's plenty of mages who are happy to single target too along with all the other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    LFG is full of "LF 3 mages ZF farm" and no one wants "normal" dps anymore, not really vanilla experience if you ask me since aoe wasn't thing back then.
    Mages aoe lvling and farming has been a thing since day one

Invented? aoe was a thing even before vanilla wow 2004.

Meh, I think it is kind of BS, I play a Hunter. When I get a good explosive trap in, I am matching mages for dps, sometimes outdoing it. Maybe they are just bad mages who knows. I am straight up outdpsing hellfire spam warlock, and I dont almost die every time like the warlock. People are just stupid and see everyone asking for mages or spellcleave only so they copy it and assume skilled players of other classes cannot compete. I dont even have Volley yet on my Hunter (Altho if I remember right it is weak in Vanilla). Now I know some classes such as Rogue has pretty much no AoE capability.

All this said, I personally was not with #NoChanges, I would have liked some of these balance issues to be sorted out for classic. Mage/Rogue/Warrior fest is a bit dull.
    Last edited by Geo9999; 2019-09-11 at 01:36 PM.

"WAHH WAHH LITERALLY EVERYONE JUST WANTS MAGES WAHH"

100% false in my experience

I don't see a single advertisement for "spell cleave" or "mage aoe dungeon grind" or whatever the fuck you call it.

Also, why not just make your own group, OP? Oh wait, it's easier to just come to MMO-C and whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "WAHH WAHH LITERALLY EVERYONE JUST WANTS MAGES WAHH"

100% false in my experience

I don't see a single advertisement for "spell cleave" or "mage aoe dungeon grind" or whatever the fuck you call it.

Also, why not just make your own group, OP? Oh wait, it's easier to just come to MMO-C and whine about it.
    Your post is basically a copy/paste of the second post in this thread. What is the point...
    I for example make my own group often, and tbh I havent had too much trouble finding groups. But I DO see alot of groups LF Mages or Spellcleave, if you have not seen this, I guess you are blind.

not really vanilla experience if you ask me since aoe wasn't thing back then.
    So you're saying I didn't level my mage in 2006 mainly by AOE grinding?

Hm... very strange.

not really vanilla experience .
    It was never going to be "vanilla experience" because the experience came with people who had no clue what they were doing. Majority of people didn't know how useful aoe stacking was then like we do now, or anything else that's going to be different because it wasn't widely known.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I had a noob tank last night claim we needed mage aoe ideally to go into RFC... R F C. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Geo9999 View Post
    Your post is basically a copy/paste of the second post in this thread. What is the point...
    it's almost like this is an open discussion forum or something
    imagine that

Quote Originally Posted by Geo9999 View Post
    you are blind.
    No argument, resorts to insults. Nice. Another addition to my ignore list.

For every spell cleave group their are plenty of other non-spell cleave groups. I just notice they tend to scream the most in the lookingforgroup channels.

The only thing jokerd "invented" was the sight of a bunch of mages in every zone using blizzard on 2 mobs. It's so cringy to watch. If you don't know how to do it please stop. Using blizzard on 2 mobs is ridiculous.

Im a tank in Golemagg server in the horde side, and I dislike this kind of runs. In the moment I see what are they doing, I leave. I like to do the things with time and care, and right.

AoE has always been a thing. AoE tanking, not so much.

Welcome to the classic experience. Sorry everyone is educated on a 15 year old game.
    Nothing wrong with spellcleave just like there's nothing wrong with everyone knowing pre-raid BiS and pallies dressing in full cloth.

Wouldn't focus your time too much on worrying about others, instead just enjoy the game and do you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Stop being a professional passenger and make your own groups then, its faster and easier than coming on here and whining about try hards. Again, hunter main and I successfully get groups within atleast 15-20 minutes by starting my own as opposed to waiting for someone else to start one. Don't let other people ruin your fun.
    Except it takes hours to get a balanced party going for ZF, or SM. Everyone joins either "spellcleave" or "meleecleave" groups and hunters are just out of luck.
    The only solution is to join a guild of like minded ppl, but on Mograine EU I'm not sure if a single such guild exists XD

Even regular groups are nothing like they were in vanilla. Tanks pull as if it were an m+10 timed run, nobody wants to wait for mana..

LFG is full of "LF 3 mages ZF farm" and no one wants "normal" dps anymore, not really vanilla experience if you ask me since aoe wasn't thing back then.
    Mages you to sell leveling services by Aoe farming Dire Maul trash, if I recall.