Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    or any pvp
    Sorry, griefers and gankers arent wanted. There is no "wurld pee vee pee".

I like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Sorry, griefers and gankers arent wanted. There is no "wurld pee vee pee".

I like it that way.
    You do realise there is pvp outside world pvp?

Like the battlegrounds that are in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You do realise there is pvp outside world pvp?

Like the battlegrounds that are in the game?
    Do you realize that you are posting on FFXIV subforum?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Like what? Shitty minigames in Gold Saucer? Running around and doing screenshots with /gpose and ugly filters?
    Crafting. They all have their own story.

Doma reconstruction.

Other jobs.

Roulettes.

Guildhests.

Sidequests.

Raids all the way back to ARR.

Eureka.

HoH and PotD.

Orchestrions.

Minions.

Mounts.

Glams.

Housing ( I have my own apartment and it aint a garrison). Took me HOURS to decorate and furnish.

Seals and Grand Company missions, crafting and turn ins.

Squadrons and instances you can do with them, no queues.

We will be rebuilding Ishgard very soon.

New game plus also on its way.

Hunts, hunt marks, elites.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2019-09-11 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Do you realize that you are posting on FFXIV subforum?
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Assumed you thought that you were on WoW forum. No world pvp in FFXIV, so saying that there is additional type of PvP besides world PvP that doesn't exist...

Pointless and shitty gameplay.
    Doma reconstruction.
    Sell vendor shit a dozen times for a small bit of story. Also one-time content.
    Other jobs.
    Run dungeons ad nauseam to have nothing to do on 17 jobs in endgame instead of just one. Yoo fucking hoo.
    Roulettes.
    Also known as "boring shit everyone runs for useless gear".
    Guildhests.
    Also known as "shitty tutorial that doesn't even give enough experience to justify queueing for".
    Sidequests.
    Boring one-time shit for leveling.
    Unless you are into terrible FFXIV transmog, it's "run one time for story in unsynch and move on".
    Eureka.
    HoH and PotD.
    FFXIV version of drying paint. Also Eureka is dead content.
    Orchestrions.
    Minions.
    Mounts.
    Glams.
    Only if you have OCD.
    Housing
    Terrible UI, terrible system in general, time waste.
    Time waste for marginal rewards.
    That's not even content.
    The same thing I wrote about Doman Enclave.
    Not content.
    Dead content.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post

This is just a positive review of someone that picked this up in 2019 and I encourage others to jump in and get that feeling of a new, unexplored world.

Thanks for your time.
    Stop that. You might accidentally encourage Blizzard's fanbase to infect FF universe with positivity and companionship

The big thing I enjoy in FFXIV over WoW is the classes.

In FFXIV you have long rotations with different phases you go through during the fight that change up what you're doing. It feels like you're building up to more powerful abilities and it's more satisfying to hit something that powerful. And those abilities can be that powerful because you aren't using them every 10 seconds, but maybe once every 30 seconds-1 minute.

In WoW your entire rotation is maybe 15 seconds long and you just repeat it over and over again. You spend your resources nearly as fast as you generate them for most classes. Leaves a very spammy feel and the spells in general just feel kind of weak. Using Scorch on Red Mage feels a lot more impactful than using Stormstrike on an Enhancement shaman for example.

And yes, FFXIV has a longer GCD, but for a number of classes you're using a ton of off GCD abilities. A WoW class will get about a little less than 2 GCDs in during 1 FFXIV GCD, in FFXIV you're using 2-3 abilities during that GCD so you're ending up using more abilities in that time frame than you do in WoW. The off-GCDs are something I really missed when trying out WoW again after playing summoner and machinist who use a ton of off GCDs in their rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Its been 3 days now
    Yeaaaaah. Come back when the honeymoon phase is over

(I'm not saying it's not a great game, but everything you said and complained about WoW will kick in there too once you settle in)

10+ Year Old Account
    To each, their own.

Spoiler: 
    Pointless and shitty gameplay
    Some people, myself included, enjoy crafting. Might have to do with logistics or the feeling of joy when you miscalculated progress/quality/CP(!) and yet manage to craft a HQ item. Disregarding it as "pointless and sh*tty gameplay" when the perks (self-sufficiency, repair, overmelding) more than enough

Doma reconstruction.
    Sell vendor shit a dozen times for a small bit of story. Also one-time content.
    True. Completely optional to do, but for some the extra amounts of gil might mean the acquisition of a crafted armor piece much faster. Or something else they might want (Zeta, for instance)

Other jobs.
    Run dungeons ad nauseam to have nothing to do on 17 jobs in endgame instead of just one. Yoo fucking hoo.
    I fancy myself as a "Jack of all trades, master of none", having dabbled in any and every job and role, thus making efficient calls when reacting to other players. While not a definate raider per se, I still tackle the different situations as other jobs the best way they can.

It really makes for a fun side-thing to do later on. "What should I play as now?" "Oh jolly goodness, this man is close to dying. *swap to a healer and heals* Another deed done."
    Personal opinion, but people should try other roles, just to see what they have to deal with and how you can improve your main job / yourself as a player.

Roulettes.
    Also known as "boring shit everyone runs for useless gear".
    MMOs are filled with useless gear. RPGs are filled with useless (but later on BIS) gear. Main difference between these two is that MMOs continously evolve whereas RPGs have different installments.
    MMOs in general should be played with teamwork in mind. You are not alone and you cannot solo anything in current content.

Guildhests.
    Also known as "shitty tutorial that doesn't even give enough experience to justify queueing for".
    Still a tutorial. We've all been new at a point, but I agree with your point.

Sidequests.
    Boring one-time shit for leveling.
    And new stories for people who really enjoy them. Remember, while they put the most focus in the MSQs, this is a story-driven MMORPG, as opposed to WoW. Well, WoW has in the later years tried to catch up and create plots for story purposes, and again, in my opinion, it has excelled forward in a good direction. The gameplay, however, has taken a big hit.

Some sidequests are made for different purposes and therefore some will hit people for better or worse. Again, optional.

Unless you are into terrible FFXIV transmog, it's "run one time for story in unsynch and move on".
    I wouldn't call the Illuminati (Alexander) sets "terrible". But yes, prior to current content, unless you are story/glamour/mount/achievement hunting, there's little-to-no incentive to do them.

The only one recommendation I have is to complete the Crystal Tower raid series before starting Shadowbringers.
    Seeing a happy/tearful G'raha Tia after Hades was tearjearking.

Eureka.
    HoH and PotD.
    FFXIV version of drying paint. Also Eureka is dead content.
    Eureka, in its current iteration, is pretty much dead, yes. While there are some that still do the challenge log, it's far better to wait a bit off until they make a solo, or at least less tedious than its current form.

As far as the Deep Dungeons goes; you can test yourself in different jobs as well as playing in an ever-changing environment. Some enjoy a good trap hidden beneath your every steps and triggering an explosive trap before a Mimic hilarity ensues.

Orchestrions.
    Minions.
    Mounts.
    Glams.
    Only if you have OCD.
    Or for the sake of vanity. Some are collectors, which makes this a lovely hobby.

Housing ( I have my own apartment and it aint a garrison). Took me HOURS to decorate and furnish.
    Terrible UI, terrible system in general, time waste.
    At the very least it's something you can call "your own" (a house, that is). Retreating into your own sanctuary, free of noise and filled with your own imagination is sometimes the one thing you might need.
    While the UI is horrible, compared to garrisons, it's a far improvement.

Time waste for marginal rewards.
    You can work towards something without thinking about it. That's a great merit in my book. I mean, if you are missing loads of currency, wouldn't it feel far worse having to grind it instead of having it bi-passively generated?

That's not even content.
    Describe content.
    Some people are content with them.
    Again, optional (for the time being). Good for leveling low-leveled DPS classes/jobs.

The same thing I wrote about Doman Enclave.
    Still an untold story. As mentioned before, there is something for everyone. This one is specifically pointed towards crafters/gatherers and God knows how it'll play out. Personally can't wait for the great DoH/L PvP grand games.

Not content.
    I wouldn't call reliving the different (quest) chronicles/sagas/eras as "not content". The general consensus of Heavensward was a positive impression on the storytelling. Having a feature to re-enable the (MSQ) quests for a second, third, fourth, umpteenth time is a delightful feature for those who enjoy the story.
    Personally I want to do the Shadowbringers again, but apparently the first iteration of New Game+ only features ARR, HW and SB (per latest updated info in time of writing). Again, some are "content" with this.

Dead content.
    Wouldn't call Tomestones and Clusters dead. You yourself said "Also known as "boring shit everyone runs for useless gear"." (when you answered to the item "Roulettes") in regards to the instanced content, yet the mix of the best gear in slot is a mix between Savage raiding and Tomestones.
    Hunts, generally at start of expansions/new crafting patches, are perfect for the overmelding phase, and you also have the vanity-seeking hunters for the titles and mounts.

Most of the stuff in FFXIV is optional. The only things that are required are MSQs, leveling your character (tied into MSQs), and corresponding dungeons/trials/events.
    Ultimately: To each, their own.

(I spent far much time editing the BB codes than figuring what to say)
    Spoiler: 
    [collapse][QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Crafting. They all have their own story.[/QUOTE]Pointless and shitty gameplay[/QUOTE]
    Some people, myself included, enjoy crafting. Might have to do with logistics or the feeling of joy when you miscalculated progress/quality/CP(!) and yet manage to craft a HQ item.

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Doma reconstruction.[/quote]Sell vendor shit a dozen times for a small bit of story. Also one-time content.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Other jobs.[/QUOTE]Run dungeons ad nauseam to have nothing to do on 17 jobs in endgame instead of just one. Yoo fucking hoo.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Roulettes.[/QUOTE]Also known as "boring shit everyone runs for useless gear".[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Guildhests.[/QUOTE]Also known as "shitty tutorial that doesn't even give enough experience to justify queueing for".[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Sidequests.[/QUOTE]Boring one-time shit for leveling.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Raids all the way back to ARR.[/QUOTE]Unless you are into terrible FFXIV transmog, it's "run one time for story in unsynch and move on".[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Eureka.
    HoH and PotD.[/QUOTE]FFXIV version of drying paint. Also Eureka is dead content.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Orchestrions.
    Minions.
    Mounts.
    Glams.[/QUOTE]Only if you have OCD.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Housing ( I have my own apartment and it aint a garrison). Took me HOURS to decorate and furnish.[/QUOTE]Terrible UI, terrible system in general, time waste.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Seals and Grand Company missions, crafting and turn ins.[/QUOTE]Time waste for marginal rewards.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Squadrons and instances you can do with them, no queues.[/QUOTE]That's not even content.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]We will be rebuilding Ishgard very soon.[/QUOTE]The same thing I wrote about Doman Enclave.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]New game plus also on its way.[/QUOTE]Not content.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Rogalicus;51589695][QUOTE=Aehl;51589565]Hunts, hunt marks, elites.[/QUOTE]Dead content.[/quote][/collapse]

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Some people, myself included, enjoy crafting. Might have to do with logistics or the feeling of joy when you miscalculated progress/quality/CP(!) and yet manage to craft a HQ item. Disregarding it as "pointless and sh*tty gameplay" when the perks (self-sufficiency, repair, overmelding) more than enough
    AFAIK (I didn't torture myself past level 15 of any DoH or DoL) endgame crafting is usually done through macro, so essentially at the level whrere it matters there's no difference with WoW's one button crafting. I'm not sure where exactly is self-sufficiency, crafted gear (other than gear specifically for crafting) is worse than any other option of the given patch. Or are you talking only about cooking?

As for why I personally didn't enjoy crafting in FFXIV:

1) First and foremost, UI/QoL. You can't craft with reagents from retainers' inventory, you can't search said inventory for reagents other than tedious /isearch chat command, you can't see which materials come from where (some are from vendors across the world, some are collected from monsters, some from DoL, some are crafts themselves). AFAIR you can't even check if crafting is profitable at all without going to market board and check prices of reagents and price of result every single time you want to craft something.

2) NQ/HQ system is terrible. For reagents it just doubles amount of slots you need, because they don't stack. For result of the crafting, NQ = garbage.

3) Game economy doesn't feel alive at all, probably because you don't really need gil for anything.

FFXIV crafting system might have been good if it was done like in DQXI.

You have the same concept: turn limit (temperature goes down after every action until it hits 0, after that crafting is failed) and special resource, that you spend on actions to fill the bars that correspond to the item creation. Instead of HQ chance being RNG, landing bars within green areas gives you guaranteed increase in stats up to +3 (+3 if you hit most of them, lower rank otherwise and if you hit higher than green area, item is more likely to be just normal craft). And it doesn't stop there: for every craft you get perfectionist pearls, that allow you to have more tries at hitting +3.
    Personal opinion, but people should try other roles, just to see what they have to deal with and how you can improve your main job / yourself as a player.
    I've tried them long enough (level 50+) to make sure I don't enjoy these roles. Doesn't help that tanking is pulling several packs, turning them away from party and pressing AoE combo while rolling through defensive cooldowns. Healing is caster DPS with 3 damage buttons and some off-healing.
    And new stories for people who really enjoy them.
    I've done most of the sidequests in ARR and Heavensward as a distraction from spamming dungeons. Most of those didn't really have any enjoyable story and very repetetive pattern of "kill 4/loot 5" was pretty grating.
    I wouldn't call the Illuminati (Alexander) sets "terrible".
    I don't call gear appearance terrible (it's actually one of the best ones in all MMOs), just everything connected to it is pain. Storage, glamour prisms, glamour plates, tracking what you already have is all kinds of terrible.
    As far as the Deep Dungeons goes; you can test yourself in different jobs as well as playing in an ever-changing environment.
    New virtual jobs levels come so fast that you spend more time setting up action bars than actually killing stuff. I find it annoying.
    At the very least it's something you can call "your own" (a house, that is). Retreating into your own sanctuary, free of noise and filled with your own imagination is sometimes the one thing you might need.
    If I need some time away from people, I turn off the game and play some single player instead of spending hours on decorations that don't really have any purpose.
    Describe content.
    Squadrons are the same dungeons with worse group (just as trusts), they are not worth counting as something different to do like the original poster did.
    Having a feature to re-enable the (MSQ) quests for a second, third, fourth, umpteenth time is a delightful feature for those who enjoy the story.
    If there was any option to replay specific quests, I'd agree, but replaying the whole expansion including absolutely menial teleporting and/or "ride 20 yalms and talk to NPC again" doesn't sound exciting.
    Wouldn't call Tomestones and Clusters dead. You yourself said "Also known as "boring shit everyone runs for useless gear"." (when you answered to the item "Roulettes") in regards to the instanced content, yet the mix of the best gear in slot is a mix between Savage raiding and Tomestones.
    I didn't really bother with this system past couple of hunts and my impression is targets themselves are just big elite mobs with little to no mechanics, basically free marks, that don't give anything useful themselves (roulettes give tomestones faster and you don't really need that much materia). I've also yet to encounter anyone actually doing them.
    Looking for Raid.

Like what? Shitty minigames in Gold Saucer? Running around and doing screenshots with /gpose and ugly filters?
    Leveling crafting jobs, leveling alt jobs, gold saucer indeed with all it's challenges, solo challenges, eureka, adventurer squadron, trust system, pvp, old raids and trials for mounts and glamours, side quests, beast tribes, hunts...

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure i'm forgetting something. There is no lack of what to do in FF unless you limit yourself.

AH! Housing!

Wich if you're in an FC also means sub and airship missions for mats, crossbreeding plants in the garden so you can change or chocobo max rank and color too!

You sir are so engrained by the mindset of a certain game that funnels us all to one activity cause it has nothing else that you don't even consider that in different games there might be something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    to be fair... "raids" in ff14 are generally 1-4 bosses with no extremely little to no trash, generally a single room, though sometimes there are two to three. its essentially ToC, but its ALWAYS essentially ToC.

i play both ff14 and wow, they both have their ups and downs. but to praise ff14 because it releases raids so often - which honestly isnt true, you generally get 12 "raids" (read single bosses, 3 releases, 4 at a time) and 7-9ish trials (also read single bosses, including leveling ones) per expansion - is just silly. while i dont mind not having trash, ToC got so much shit for that model that blizzard never wanted to do it again. it isnt difficult to make a single room with a boss in it, so they can be brought out more often.

they do tend to add 3-4 full length dungeons per expansion, not including the ones on release, though.

however, if you were only referring to alliance raids (24 mans, trash, bosses, etc.)... they still arent released more often than wow raids. alliance raids are the raids that you would consider to be raids in wow, except essentially LFR style where you queue up with randoms and its a giant pushover with no harder difficulties, so the balancing is fairly easy. there are generally 3 of these per expansion.

its a decent amount of content sure, but you have to also consider balancing. the normal "raids" have to be balanced, but they are single boss fights with nothing else in the area. the alliance raids need virtually no tuning, by comparison.

that said, most of my time is spent afking in ff14 these days, rather than afking in wow. i like my houses.
    I play both as well, but i'm struggling here in understanding what you find a negative. I find delivering smaller raids than wow more often and without trash a good thing. WoW's 6 month tier are effin boring. Day one they are overwhelming with how many bosses you got to learn at once and it forced you to go through every earlier boss before you can progress on the later ones. So... i don't see the negative there, sorry.

I consider all raids btw. Not just the 8 or 24 man ones. Why would i seperate them? Raids are raids. WoW raids are in lfr too. Actually, again i'd much prefer lfr and serious raiding had it's own raids in wow, so again i'm failing to see the negative here. FF does it all better than WoW imo in the raiding department. I'm also quite surprised to see someone defend trash packs. Huge wastes of time.

I could tell you what WoW does better than FF though... but it certainly isn't the raid cadence model.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-11 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Leveling crafting jobs, leveling alt jobs, gold saucer indeed with all it's challenges, solo challenges, eureka, adventurer squadron, trust system, pvp, old raids and trials for mounts and glamours, side quests, beast tribes, hunts...

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure i'm forgetting something. There is no lack of what to do in FF unless you limit yourself.

AH! Housing!

Wich if you're in an FC also means sub and airship missions for mats, crossbreeding plants in the garden so you can change or chocobo max rank and color too!

You sir are so engrained by the mindset of a certain game that funnels us all to one activity cause it has nothing else that you don't even consider that in different games there might be something else.
    I'm not engrained by the mindset of a certain game I haven't played for two years (Classic doesn't count). And WoW has plenty of obsolete content too: you can level 12 classes, do everything in Darkmoon Faire, over hundred dungeons, dozens of raids, dozens of reputations, thousands of quests, thousands of transmog models, hundreds of toys, mounts and pets, alive PvP that doesn't require entire game community to queue for one map once a week to play it. Nobody gives a shit about it, I bet you don't either.
    Looking for Raid.

I'm not engrained by the mindset of a certain game I haven't played for two years (Classic doesn't count). And WoW has plenty of obsolete content too: you can level 12 classes, do everything in Darkmoon Faire, over hundred dungeons, dozens of raids, thousands of quests, thousands of transmog models, hundreds of toys, mounts and pets, alive PvP that doesn't require entire game community to queue for one map once a week to play it. Nobody gives a shit about it, I bet you don't either.
    Yes, you are. You have not broken free. The mindset of rushing to end-game cause it's all about the power grind and ignoring everything else. I know what it is. I played WoW for many years. Heck, i will probably check out the next xpac too. But after playing FF my eyes were opened to what is the WoW shallow end-game infinite hamster wheel and how it was stopping me from enjoying other mmo's.

Yes, those kinds of content it has, though darkmoon faire is not comparable to the gold saucer wich is always on, has challenges every 20m and daily games, weekly challenges, complete card games with progression, chocobo racing and breeding progression, even mahjong. It is not even close to the same even if you throw pet battling in there.
    What about housing? hunts? Palace of the dead style dungeons? Eureka like zone? Dynamic events (fates)? Going to dungeons with your adventurer squadron or trust? Solo challenges (mage tower was the only and got removed)?

Let me guess. All passable cause you only care about the power grind? Gotta spin the wheel!
    The rewards from those places may be gear or may be more permanent ones, or may simply be fun, but if your brain is still hooked on spinning that wheel, you won't see it.
    Then you claim to have broken free from the mind-set. Sure, clear for all to see. Playing WoW for so many years has engrained a gameplay style for mmo's in our heads and just like every mind-wash, you will only break free if you allow yourself to.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-11 at 01:36 PM.

Fair warning, you'll hit a slog during two points in A Realm Reborn, but it'll pick back up at the end going into the first expansion. The newness is great right now, but once you hit that slog point, just push through it and know it'll get better again once you're through them.

Welcome to Eorzea!
    @Rogalicus Seriously...find a game you actually can enjoy instead of spending your energy on a game you personally despise. There are mountains of games out there. I seriously don't understand why you dedicate so much time to one you hate. This is your third most posted forum, yet your posts are about how much you hate everything about this game.

I don't mean this as "go away, stop posting if you're not going to praise FFXIV." I just mean it as.... you clearly do not enjoy this game and I think you'll be happier if you look for a game you do enjoy.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-09-11 at 01:42 PM.

The problem i personally see with praising the "optimism" of the general community is the age of the game. FF14ARR launched August 27th 2013. So roughly 6 years ago. Where was WoW at 6 years age? Exactly...it was at it's all-time-high with the transition from WotLK to Cata. It was EXACTLY the highest point of players in WoW's history.

That's not to say FF14ARR is a bad game at all. It's probably better than any of the other MMOs that came and went in the last 15 years. But all data suggests that FF14ARR is now at its pinnacle and player satisfaction will begin to decline rapidly...just as it did for WoW during Cataclysm.

Edit:
    That said, i think FF14's job system is inherently MUCH superior for the longevity and extendability of the game. WoW's classes are an archaic system mainly used to sell more character boosts today. Also not segregating the players by completely artificial factions that only hurt the story is a huge plus. So by not having any of this stupid shit FF14 is definetly better prepared for the years to come.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-09-11 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The problem i personally see with praising the "optimism" of the general community is the age of the game. FF14ARR launched August 27th 2013. So roughly 6 years ago. Where was WoW at 6 years age? Exactly...it was at it's all-time-high with the transition from WotLK to Cata. It was EXACTLY the highest point of players in WoW's history.

That's not to say FF14ARR is a bad game at all. It's probably better than any of the other MMOs that came and went in the last 15 years. But all data suggests that FF14ARR is now at its pinnacle and player satisfaction will begin to decline rapidly...just as it did for WoW during Cataclysm.
    That will be interesting to watch, especially since this is the last expansion of the original plot line Yoshida planned out when he took over.

The mindset of rushing to end-game cause it's all about the power grind and ignoring everything else.
    That's pretty fun, consindering my main MMO never had any lever or ilvl increases since launch. It's not my mindset, it's FFXIV design. The game is built around ever growing power of character, every tier gives 30-50% more DPS to trivialize anything prior to it.

What about housing? hunts? Palace of the dead style dungeons? Eureka like zone? Dynamic events (fates)? Going to dungeons with your adventurer squadron or trust? Solo challenges (mage tower was the only and got removed)?
    I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired of splitting quotes. Don't care, rares and world bosses, expeditions, Isle of Giants, world quests (and don't call FATEs dynamic events, please), what's so different in going to dungeons with bots, there are no solo challenges in FFXIV (or are you talking about blue mage? I doubt there are people who still play it).

As a counter: where's mythic+ in FFXIV? Scenarios? Warfronts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Fair warning, you'll hit a slog during two points in A Realm Reborn, but it'll pick back up at the end going into the first expansion. The newness is great right now, but once you hit that slog point, just push through it and know it'll get better again once you're through them.

Welcome to Eorzea!
    @Rogalicus Seriously...find a game you actually can enjoy instead of spending your energy on a game you personally despise. There are mountains of games out there. I seriously don't understand why you dedicate so much time to one you hate. This is your third most posted forum, yet your posts are about how much you hate everything about this game.

I don't mean this as "go away, stop posting if you're not going to praise FFXIV." I just mean it as.... you clearly do not enjoy this game and I think you'll be happier if you look for a game you do enjoy.
    I already have a game I enjoy, I just think it would be healthy for future or new players to see a different opinion on the game. I'm always up for actual discussion that is not started with hyperboles like "FFXIV is perfect, Yoshi-P is genius, WoW is the worst game ever".
    Looking for Raid.

I already have a game I enjoy, I just think it would be healthy for future or new players to see a different opinion on the game. I'm always up for actual discussion that is not started with hyperboles like "FFXIV is perfect, Yoshi-P is genius, WoW is the worst game ever".
    Nobody said it was perfect or WoW was the worst. Swnem said there's a lot to do outside of endgame raid and you jumped on them saying everything was garbage and pointless. You introduced the aggressive hyperbole.

"Like what? Shitty minigames in Gold Saucer? Running around and doing screenshots with /gpose and ugly filters?" is not inviting actual discussion. It's aggressively antagonistic. Going on to say everything in the game is pointless shit is not discussion either. You're just stating you hate literally every aspect of this game with no discussion present.

Again, this is your third MOST posted forum, not far behind your second. To specifically focus on negativity. That seems more than just "a different opinion on the game." Whatever game you enjoy doesn't seem to be where you spend much time.