Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    I was thinking about world revamp and for Duskwood, I invented a mysterious human lord, who's very very rich and he just bought Raven Hill and built his own castle on top of it. It turns out later that he's a vampire and there're all these Dracula/Van Helsing vibes in the zone now.

And few years ago, I had this fantasy where Sylvanas found her living male relative and possessed his body in order to have sex with Calia (who was still alive) to produce a heir to Lordaeron's throne who has Menethil and Windrunner blood.
    Uughhh, almost prefer some out of nowhere a bastard child of Arthas rather than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    So Legion Order halls.
    you mean the other half of xelnath's MoP plans for warlock?

hmf...Raven Hill/Duskwood has always had that horror vibe going anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    So Legion Order halls.
    I'm thinking a bit less monolithic and more long-term, actually. Characters who could persist from expansion to expansion, recurring within the theme of class-centric content and perhaps even granting rewards that grow or expand with new stories in a progession-based fashion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Hm.. this is kinda hard

Race: Black Dragon
    Class: ....dragon?
    Alignment: Dragon Flights
    Narrative Contribution: Helping to wrap up the aspect plot. She doesn't need to be the new aspect, just help pick one. It would be nice to have a black dragon that isn't biased to the factions and focuses on her flight's mission/the fate of her species. I want an older female dragon preferably, with a warm maternal personality. Of course purified, since I think it's silly dragons are extremely weak to whispers when even mortal races can combat them now.

Race: Worgen
    Class: Rogue - A Noble
    Alignment: Gilneas
    Narrative Contribution: I want him to represent the pre-Cata Gilneans that still carry deep resentment towards all things nonhuman and carry an undeserved arrogance. I want him to be a hypocrite that takes pride in his worgen form, while calling others monsters, denouncing witchcraft, and making a profit off alchemy. A self serving man that is easy to hate, but entertaining to watch. The type of swindler that Genn wouldn't mind losing to the blight. That sort of guy. And I want his narrative contribution to stay within the world building of Duskwood and Westfall.

Race: Blood Elf
    Class: Priest - Archaeologist
    Alignment: Neutral to Either faction
    Narrative Contribution: A silly side character tied to leveling archaeology. A blood elf that is obsessed with learning about his 'troll heritage' and adores Troll history, culture, and civilization. Essentially, a Troll-weeb. He used to be a typical BE priest, but after learning about elven ancestry he's become obsessed with finding his "true roots". Even better if he behaves more like a troll priest, praising loa rather than the light. I like fun side characters when Blizzard adds them in.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Draenei mage, artificer, or soulbinder. Just a draenei that isn't all light 24/7. You know, draenei that are the old school eredar classes who never got fully on board with the naaru and the light, but also wanted nothing to do with the Legion/fel magic. Or maybe even a draenei who was on team naaru but jumped off that train after the draenei were left to be slaughtered by orcs on Draenor. Someone who doesn't like the Light, but is not at all a villain.

And also a draenei who wouldn't be all in on the Alliance(since that's based on Velen's prophecy) and who is questing the lack of aid the draenei got on Argus and fed up with the faction war. And not because "muh peace," but because they don't see the Alliance or the Alliance's wars as beneficial to the draenei people. Maraad held some anti-Alliance views until Blizzard strip him of them for WoD because reasons.

Even when we have a draenei artificer(Romuul) and the leader of the Auchenai(Maladaar) both are paladins. And we've never really had a draenei mage character despite draenei being masters of the arcane in lore.

To fill out the OP's thing:
    Race: Draenei
    Class: Mage, Artificer, or Soulbinder
    Alignment:Neutral
    Narrative Contribution: Just an old school eredar-like draenei mage, artificer, or soulbinder who still has some of that iconic eredar arrogance and who questions the current state of draenei affairs in regards to both the Light/Naaru and the Alliance WITHOUT being a villain or evil or bad.

It would bring diversity to both the draenei story with having someone questioning the place of the Light in their culture and to the Alliance story since everything is all homogenized and everyone loves the Alliance.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2019-09-11 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thought of an interesting wrinkle (mostly because I'm playing a Zandalari Druid at the moment). Malfurion is believed to be the oldest and first mortal Druid, but say the Zandalari, having been newly brought into the world, make a claim on the title themselves. They claim the Raptari predate even the existence of the Night Elves by millennia, and while they weren't granted the Gift of the Wild by Cenarius or Malorne (arguably what makes a Druid a Druid), they did pioneer the concept of shapeshifting via the gifts of Loa such as Gonk and Gral. This Raptari Druid, along with his followers (Druids of all races and creeds), create a competing organization to the Cenarion Circle that emphasizes the concept of shapeshifting primarily and being at one with the Wilds over the ideas of conservancy and external balancing the Cenarion Circle espouses. A more chaotic and primal philosophy that holds some sway over the more martial Druids, and could in time open the doors of Druidism to races not traditionally interested in exploring the doctrine.

Race: Zandalari
    Class: Druid
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Narrative Contribution: Creator and leader of a new Druid order competing with the Cenarion Circle, emphasizing unity with the wilds by living among them as opposed to stewarding them from the outside.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Race: Blood elf
    Class: Mage
    Alignment: chaotic good
    Narrative Contribution: I envision a teenage Sunstrider queen, a mage prodigy with no experience. Probably a bastard daughter Kael had in Outland. She grew up there, has never been to Quel'thalas before. She faces problems with her legitimacy claims, lack of understanding of her own culture and her own teenage lack of judgement, feeling she knows better than her elders, disregarding due process, and repeatedly failing as a result. Her character and Lor'themar would become very closely weaved together, with Lor'themar acting as regent lord until she comes of age, but her still having executive power, so we have a dynamic between the older, battle-hardened Lor'themar trying to reign in this young, prodigy firecracker of a queen. If done properly, younger people should identify with her, while older players should identify with Lor'themar.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Draenei
    Priest

Kills Anduin, either because of void corruption or zealotry to the light. This puts the spotlight on Velen. It also lets Genn off his leash and he and Sylvanas can kill each other.
    Basically a priestess Yrel? Sounds good but I would like if we got a Dreanei that is like Archimonde with the light and take the role of Malkoror to her as Exarch Hellscream takes the role of Nazgrim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

why dont take any existing character and add some lore for them?
    like dark iron dwarf who works for Venture Co but is member of Shattered Hand clan
    add there legendary Gamon and several other characters that were introduced for Rogue class quests since vanilla. (alliance equivalent was Amber Keanen and some other characters who were used already)

invent some lore for them. who they were. where did they come from and where are they now. add some sort of stuff that Blizz missed. like Barrens invasion from legion. add that they too fought there. helped or were heloed by horde or ratchet members. new relations formed. uniting against some random demon and so on

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I want a conquering unknown human nation that is xenophobic and believes all other life on Azeroth is an abomination. They are willing to recruit disgruntled humans from fractured kingdoms but that's the extent of their tolerance. I want them to be powerful not just in magic but in faith and steel and technology. I want this force to constantly win each engagement until all of the player races must unite to push back. I know it's cliche but it would finally end the Alliance/ Horde conflict as survival becomes more important. Lastly, I do not want this to be a player faction. It must remain NPC controlled even if they end up recruiting former allies into their ranks.
    Sort of like scarlet crusade to an extent.? I like that.
    I miss those guys tbh.. their fanatical ways inspired me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I feel like we were supposed to be this in Legion.

If this isn't lead by the lost son of Garithos it's not even worth considering.
    So human version of Garrosh?.....I can dig it

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I support the Scarlets nation idea from above. It'd be beyond awesome if Othmar Garithos jr. would grace the lore with his presence. Humanity is in peril.

I'd also enjoy non Thrall orc warchief who Horde wouldn't turn against. That one would be great.
    Make him like an absolute monster to anything non humon and make him hard to find or get to ( Just not some one who gets killed instantly)

Also as extra.. I would like to see a pirate nation aka booty bay x100, with spike cliff kins of islands where you have to go by a underwater cave to enter or some realy long slipery stairs in the cliffs. Huge pirate fortress with like trade area, sparring areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I just want to see an Azerothian version of Cersei Lannister.
    Sylvanas is similar minus being mother.

- - - Updated - - -

Race: Dwarf
    Alignment: Neutral
    Contribution to the story: Formation of Church of the Titans. Dwarves were always fascinated with their titanic origins and now with Sargeras' defeat by the titans there was movement to worship the creators as true gods. The church reveres arcane magic as cosmic force higher than the Light. Their current goal is to stop mortals from feasting on Azeroth's lifeblood.

Race: Blood Elf
    Class: Warlock
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Contribution to the story: Overthrowing Lor'themar. He would still be bitter after Kael'thas' fall and now his loyalty would be to the Banshee Queen. After Lor'themar's betrayal he would start revolution in Silvermoon. Is goal would be to place (real or false) Sunstrider kid on the throne and rule as the new Regent Lord. He would love to bring Kael'thas' techniques of mana tap and fel back to blood elven society in order to make them strong.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-09-11 at 04:19 PM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Sylvanas is similar minus being mother.
    Comparing Sylvie to Cersei is like comparing a toy car with an actual one.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrunner View Post
    Race: Blood elf
    Alignment: chaotic good
    Narrative Contribution: I envision a teenage Sunstrider queen, a mage prodigy with no experience. Probably a bastard daughter Kael had in Outland. She grew up there, has never been to Quel'thalas before. She faces problems with her legitimacy claims, lack of understanding of her own culture and her own teenage lack of judgement, feeling she knows better than her elders, disregarding due process, and repeatedly failing as a result. Her character and Lor'themar would become very closely weaved together, with Lor'themar acting as regent lord until she comes of age, but her still having executive power, so we have a dynamic between the older, battle-hardened Lor'themar trying to reign in this young, prodigy firecracker of a queen. If done properly, younger people should identify with her, while older players should identify with Lor'themar.
    I like this idea. It would be also cool if she would be fascinated in "evil" characters in some way. For example, she could be Sylvanas apologist to little extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Comparing Sylvie to Cersei is like comparing a toy car with an actual one.
    That's because we are comparing Golden to Martin.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The fan fiction enthusiast in me had to reply with my own idea, why not? That's the point of these threads.

Race: Night Elf
    Alignment: Alliance
    Narrative Contribution: With the death of Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande, the night elves look to new leadership in a Highborne Night Elf to counterweight the new Nightborne influence on the Horde. Yorumaho Ravenseer is a proud night elf who has spent a millennium in self-imposed exile. Relatively young in night elf years, he is well aware of Queen Azshara's past mistakes, but also finds weakness in the late Tyrande and Malfurion's brand of leadership. A proud Night Elf, he wants to embrace his Druidic brothers while bringing the night elf race back to their peak of dominance in Kalimdor with a new city where Darnassus burned. Yorumahu Ravenseer also sees weakness in young king Anduin Wrynn, often clashing ideally with him as it pertains to the interests of the alliance and his people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we were supposed to be this in Legion.
    Yep, we were. We were considered the leaders of our order halls, second only to the Odins and Bolvars/etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Difficult for me to narrow this done to a single character, per se; but I think the various classes need their own distinct leaders in addition to the leaders of the current groups and racial leaders - new characters who epitomize that class in the world: the model Warrior, the most learned Mage, the shiftiest Rogue, etc. etc. The important thing about this little cast is that they be unassociated with previous or the current goings-on in WoW. Alignments could vary, of course; but the narrative contribution would be distract from purely factional narratives and focus instead on class-based quest chains and stories resulting in unique incomparable rewards (like class-based xmog's, titles, mounts, toys, etc. etc.)
    Well we are geting a lot of this with mages, in particular night elf mages from both Legion and BFA - Mardivas being the latest.

Farondis and Thalyssra were two of the best characters of 7.0, and both were mages.

Many of the other characters were weak.

Talanji is the strongest new horde character, outside her we don't have a clear new deifned Loa Priest. Zantabra could have done th job, but she's not Zandalari, but darkspear.

Tess Greymane really doesn't stand out much, nor does Lucia Waycrest.. Talanji dominated the narrative for both Nazmir and Voldun really didn't interact much with its main character because we were looking for her.

Overall, the new characters in BFA seem rather weak overall or gimmicks for game devices (like Mardivas).

Jaina got a decent character development. Rokhan had more light but not enough to be that outstaning. We also see a lot more of Mattias Shaw. Gazlowe didn't really impact. The island expedition characters woudl have been interesting to use a lot more, I think they would have fit the bill for new interesting characters.

Villains were better though. Both Lady Ashvane and Gallywix seem a lot more invovled and stand out. King Rastakhan did have an impact from players, but i don't understand why, except for being killed he really doesn't do much.

Shandris Feathermoon perhaps has the greatest development - but i have never understood blizzard and night elves, Tyrande is a famous character that sees the first proper action in wow in 8.1 , nearly 15 years after release, Shandris is for the first time actually having a role.

Lor'themar also since TBC is the first time we actually do stuff with him.

BFA is doing much better on established characters than it is on new ones.

...If this isn't lead by the lost son of Garithos it's not even worth considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The Scarlet Crusade kind of fits this bill, no?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I support the Scarlets nation idea from above. It'd be beyond awesome if Othmar Garithos jr. would grace the lore with his presence. Humanity is in peril...
    Yeah pretty much... the Scarlet Crusade and Scarlet Onslaught were small scouting type organizations compared to the power of the Scarlet Nation that completely obliterates everything in their wake. Being lead by Garithos Jr. is a given and recruits like Sky Admiral Rogers would give the invaders strategic intelligence and access to the Alliance's Military hardware. They could have spies everywhere like the Crimson Pilgrims in Dalaran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.