Remaking azeroth with blizzard/players together

Since Cataclysm, that the world didn't change, nature has not recuperate from all that obliteration Deathwing caused.

Since as well, that blizzard needs to change the world, would be reasonable for blizzard to have a help from the players so we could all feel we contributed for the world to be healed. In this case, where i want to go with this is:
    - Broken shore style of construction as contribution, gathering materials all over the world, and in all this places that the world needs healing, we would contribute for it.
    This can either be from herbs/trees planted to/or re-construct buildings.

In fact, if this was possible, we could also have a type of housing for ourselves to kind of help store all the materials.

I have always felt that many places are desert in the game, way too damaged and still not going forward even after knowing the days/years have been passed on wow as well. We all know nature is strong enough to bloom again and that's not happening.

In a shorter way of expressing myself, i would like, as a player to help heal the world along with blizzard and i always felt places like orgrimmar and stormwind has so many nice buildings but with classic armor and stuff that we barely visit anymore, and with classic out there, i think it's time to add NEW equipment, still can stay with the old ones there but add something to make the cities and places actually useful, that people today only visit because it's main city to chill and go Auction House (which who has the brutosaur(longboi) mount don't even put their character's feet in there anymore unless there's some kind of event or want to go get a portal.) Overall, make it matter.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-11 at 04:36 PM.

Almost an AQ-opening, but for world healing?

Man that'd have been a great BFA idea.

i have bad news for u, Azeroth will burn until she is bled out, as her forces were occupied since the Cataclysm with Old Gods (Pandaria, Garrosh, NZoth) and the Burning Legion.
    the actual plot is not simply the aftermath of the Legion, but the intro of the Void. the plot is not going to calm down to some Stardew Valley, its going to implode into a galaxy fighting for survival, Azeroth is a Titan born in Pain as her champions r.

but i like the idea of housing and the addition of some (replay) value to the vast continents (maybe WQs? WQs would be great for leveling, as WoD bonus objectives r). esp. housing could revitalize some abandoned places (may i have a lounge on a floating isle in Nagrand BC), although even with all the QoL WoW still doesnt feel like a lobby game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna mention where I got the idea but maybe the story could return to old places. Maybe even open new dungeons in old zones. Like imagine Siege of Orgrimmar actually having the instanced portal in Durotar. The old world is abandoned cause nothing of note happens there. Legion did a pretty good job at bringing us back to old places.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Not gonna mention where I got the idea but maybe the story could return to old places. Maybe even open new dungeons in old zones. Like imagine Siege of Orgrimmar actually having the instanced portal in Durotar. The old world is abandoned cause nothing of note happens there. Legion did a pretty good job at bringing us back to old places.
    This would be pretty cool. I think it's fine for the zones from other expansions to be largely ignored, like going back to Outland doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but traveling around Azeroth would be logical. I think it'd be pretty cool to have an expansion about fixing Azeroth, where they add new dungeons, raids, cities, etc. back in Azeroth so there's a reason to go there and things to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Since Cataclysm, that the world didn't change, nature has not recuperate from all that obliteration Deathwing caused.

Since as well, that blizzard needs to change the world, would be reasonable for blizzard to have a help from the players so we could all feel we contributed for the world to be healed. In this case, where i want to go with this is:
    - Broken shore style of construction as contribution, gathering materials all over the world, and in all this places that the world needs healing, we would contribute for it.
    This can either be from herbs/trees planted to/or re-construct buildings.

In fact, if this was possible, we could also have a type of housing for ourselves to kind of help store all the materials.

I have always felt that many places are desert in the game, way too damaged and still not going forward even after knowing the days/years have been passed on wow as well. We all know nature is strong enough to bloom again and that's not happening.

In a shorter way of expressing myself, i would like, as a player to help heal the world along with blizzard and i always felt places like orgrimmar and stormwind has so many nice buildings but with classic armor and stuff that we barely visit anymore, and with classic out there, i think it's time to add NEW equipment, still can stay with the old ones there but add something to make the cities and places actually useful, that people today only visit because it's main city to chill and go Auction House (which who has the brutosaur(longboi) mount don't even put their character's feet in there anymore unless there's some kind of event or want to go get a portal.) Overall, make it matter.
    There's a practical reason for that: it takes a ton of time, resources and testing to revamp the old world as we saw in Cataclysm. That took away from the level 85 endgame, and ended up being a huge regret on Blizzard's part. Spending thousands of man hours, who knows how much money, etc on old zones that players are just going to blitz past to get to level cap just isn't a good use of their time.

Mind you, that isn't to say that I wouldn't like a way to rebuild - I absolutely would. But I don't see Blizz ever overhauling the world to the extent that they did for Cataclysm ever again unless its something like 'destroy Teldrassil because plotline'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Totally. Legion was just fantastic in many ways and that's one of them. Such amazing places to go and are forgotten until you go for mount runs or something you need while leveling or to actual level up, but at maximum level they really don't matter but seeing the cities with vendors with old stuff no one buys anymore (even leveling cause they put on heirlooms), makes me realize how much i want this vendors and the city to be fulfilled with good sellers and current expansion equivalent. As an example, i could give the vendor for Vial of the sands materials that is on pandaria and there's one that sells still a unique item in uldum, so you can visit both, but if you need a certain material you still go to Uldum.

It's all fun and games till someone constructs a swastika.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Exactly that. I Feel Bfa could even have this for healing "azeroth" not just only in Kultiras and Zuldazar. I mean Azeroth is huge and as well there's more destruction that we didn't recuperate, we could start healing overall all places and not just the azerite, if this makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There's a practical reason for that: it takes a ton of time, resources and testing to revamp the old world as we saw in Cataclysm. That took away from the level 85 endgame, and ended up being a huge regret on Blizzard's part. Spending thousands of man hours, who knows how much money, etc on old zones that players are just going to blitz past to get to level cap just isn't a good use of their time.

Mind you, that isn't to say that I wouldn't like a way to rebuild - I absolutely would. But I don't see Blizz ever overhauling the world to the extent that they did for Cataclysm ever again unless its something like 'destroy Teldrassil because plotline'.
    Indeed it does and that's why it would be interesting seeing players and blizzard working together, everyone would feel a bit more involved into the world, slowly.
    Teldrassil, i'm horde and i love Sylvanas but i still find the scene strong and emotional for me cause i loved Teldrassil as well was where i started playing for the first time, so i will always have good memories.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Totally. Legion was just fantastic in many ways and that's one of them. Such amazing places to go and are forgotten until you go for mount runs or something you need while leveling or to actual level up, but at maximum level they really don't matter but seeing the cities with vendors with old stuff no one buys anymore (even leveling cause they put on heirlooms), makes me realize how much i want this vendors and the city to be fulfilled with good sellers and current expansion equivalent. As an example, i could give the vendor for Vial of the sands materials that is on pandaria and there's one that sells still a unique item in uldum, so you can visit both, but if you need a certain material you still go to Uldum.
    No joke I legit planned to come back to WoW from FFXIV. Then I played the redesigned classes during pre-patch and was bored out of my mind. But the 'have a reason to visit old zones' game was strong in Legion.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would kind of like to see a "reverse Cataclysm" where the old world gets updated (with new starting experiences for all the races) to reflect stuff that should be fixed by now.

Like...how long has it been since Cataclysm, and Menethil Harbor is still pretty much in ruins with people standing around in ankle-deep water? You'd think they'd have made an effort to repair things or rebuild further inland or something by now. A lot of post-Cataclysm areas are still in that state.

Although I do recall some blue posts that talked about how rebuilding the old world for Cataclysm was a lot of work and not something Blizzard would be crazy about doing again.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-09-12 at 04:22 PM.

No joke I legit planned to come back to WoW from FFXIV. Then I played the redesigned classes during pre-patch and was bored out of my mind. But the 'have a reason to visit old zones' game was strong in Legion.
    I didn't had that problem only because i played demon hunter whole expansion lol i love feeling this big world is there, the world is so big you can't just walk anymore, you need to get portals, so at least healing the world and making zones matter again makes me feel so much enthusiastic about the whole game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I would kind of like to see a "reverse Cataclysm" where the old world gets updated to reflect stuff that should be fixed right now.

Like...how long has it been since Cataclysm, and Menethil Harbor is still pretty much in ruins with people standing around in ankle-deep water? You'd think they'd have made an effort to repair things or rebuild further inland or something by now.
    They said they will revamp zones and it will take time, they already updated some mobs and zone textures and i want to see more of that in the future. I want as well for them to take it slow cause stuff made in a rush always end up bad. So players contributing and helping slowly would be a great opportunity for us to be able to decide what to restore and blizzard giving options all around the world, and you have a random contribution with random herbs from that same place we want to restore for example. i would love that and would make even Auction House better in terms of selling old stuff cause people would like to contribute as well, so a few of them would buy it. And you get this rewards for voluntary helping that i didn't think of what yet. Because it's just an idea so i won't put much detail into it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I would kind of like to see a "reverse Cataclysm" where the old world gets updated (with new starting experiences for all the races) to reflect stuff that should be fixed by now.

Like...how long has it been since Cataclysm, and Menethil Harbor is still pretty much in ruins with people standing around in ankle-deep water? You'd think they'd have made an effort to repair things or rebuild further inland or something by now. A lot of post-Cataclysm areas are still in that state.
    The worst offender is the Exodar.

I get what you mean but in the end, it's just more work for them as they would not only have to revamp the zones (and test them all in the short time we usually have a beta running) but also create quests/events for us players to pretend that its us doing the work.

If it's 1-2 zones every patch, that'd be reasonable to do for them, but at the same time an extremely lenghty process. If it's cata levels of revamping plus quests/events for every single zone all at once, that would cost us 3 raid tiers (to express it in a memey way).

Man that'd have been a great idea.
    That's exactly why it won't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets kill the planet and move to a new world

BfA seemed more about breaking down Azeroth's mortal constructs while neglecting that the planet was dying. Perfect reflection of what humanity is doing to our own planet.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I get what you mean but in the end, it's just more work for them as they would not only have to revamp the zones (and test them all in the short time we usually have a beta running) but also create quests/events for us players to pretend that its us doing the work.

If it's 1-2 zones every patch, that'd be reasonable to do for them, but at the same time an extremely lenghty process. If it's cata levels of revamping plus quests/events for every single zone all at once, that would cost us 3 raid tiers (to express it in a memey way).
    We are always heroes but we barely do anything. lol at least for once we could actually do something like that. Because usually is just blizzard like "CHAMPIONS" AND I FEEL LIKE A PINEAPPLE that was thrown to force questing somewhere and being called a champion when i'm an actual pineapple in the wrong salad. To make this a better analogy, that's how pineapple pizza was made.