Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    It's a two year old laptop...
    Just because it's not old doesn't mean it's high-end.

It's a 2c/4t CPU. New chips have 6-12 cores and 6-24 threads and clock 1-2GHz faster

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when i played on geforce 2 mx 200 (or 400) and it was fine cant believe ig chip will be thaaat bad, but no idea
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

5+ Year Old Account
    Never mind, I got a macbook pro (for work, not for this game before you start complaining), that should run the game fine
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

I had a 7-8 year old laptop with integrated graphics that I used up until last Christmas, and it was great. I played on private servers, played LOTRO, Rift, ESO, etc and it ran just fine. Just had to tweak settings. I think you'll be totally a-OK with Classic. I was somewhere in the middle settings-wise and it ran smoothly. May have to turn things down a bit with all the people though.

Although if you're a laptop person and looking to upgrade, I bought the ROG Strix Scar (GL703GE) and it's basically my new boyfriend (long-term relationship here I come!)

Don't listen to people here telling you that you can't play on integrated Intel graphics. They don't know shit, trust me. I sometimes used to play Wow Legion on my old ThinkPad X230. That's a 5 years old business notebook with an i5 dual core cpu and integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics. It ran Legion at full HD and I got solid 40 fps on low settings, and about 50 fps on 720p (which was sufficient, since the display was only 720p as well).
    It's not the best experience, and during raids and battlegrounds there was noticeable lag, but for questing and classic dungeons on low graphic settings it will be absolutely fine.

Never mind, I got a macbook pro (for work, not for this game before you start complaining), that should run the game fine
    I am actually curious if you tried that previous laptop and how did the game run on it.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I managed to run WoW in the past on a Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T8300 and Intel GMA X3100, so.. At low settings, but still, it managed 30fps, and compared to a i5 7200u + Intel HD 620, well, the T8300 and GMA X3100 are pathetic junk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I am actually curious if you tried that previous laptop and how did the game run on it.
    Unfortunately it broke before I could

On my new macbook pro (still with integrated graphics mind you) the game runs fine at 1800p (yes, almost 4k) classic settings at stable 60fps
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

I tried BfA with a Ryzen 3 3200U laptop with Vega 3 graphics. World quests in Nazjatar were tolerable, not smooth but 30-50 fps at 1080p setting 3. I also tried LFR Azshara and it was...possible at 720p, 10-30 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I tried BfA with a Ryzen 3 3200U laptop with Vega 3 graphics. World quests in Nazjatar were tolerable, not smooth but 30-50 fps at 1080p setting 3. I also tried LFR Azshara and it was...possible at 720p, 10-30 fps.
    We are talking about classic WoW here. In particular I'm interested if the current classic client has higher requirements / worse performance than old vanilla client
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since none of you seem to be able to read, net me rephrase:

I have a laptop (i5-7200u, Intel HD 620, 8GB RAM) and I'm asking how well wow classic runs on that kind of a setup.

I don't need to know how my laptop sucks or how I need to buy this or that desktop. Thank you.
    My wife is running it on a 2008 Vaio with integrated graphics, it's very sub-optimal but I found a few macro commands to speed things up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...y_to_play_wow/

Just add them to some macros and make sure you use them every time you log on to squeeze a bit more fps on lowest settings.