Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean I don't think it would have been hard to put on a better show than the Rams. The Saints have been there before at least at the key positions QB/Coach and Payton wouldn't have been as intimidated with his play calling like McVay was in the super bowl imo. That was one of the worst super bowls since the blowouts of the late 80s/early 90s.

As far as the 'whiny bullshit', get over it. I don't get what being a Philly fan does for you, is that like a badge of honor or something?

Did the call hurt them? Well the game would likely have been over if the call was made.
    Did the Saints have plenty of opportunities to win despite that? Sure, don't forget there was also the missed PI on the overtime interception if you remember. Brees got hit as he threw the ball but the ball was not touched by a Rams player but that didn't stop a defender from hitting the receiver on the play and then making the interception. Go and watch both of them and tell me if you were a fan of the team that got hosed by those two calls if you'd not be a bit angry at the Refs and ticked off your team got robbed, twice. It is one thing to beat a good team, it is another thing entirely to beat a good team and a team of bad refs.

Are you serious? As I said damn near any team could have put on a better show than that snooze fest. At least there is some karma in that the Rams were woefully outmatched in the Super Bowl they shouldn't have even been in and got to lose it. I'll take some solace in that.
    A bit of irony in you telling me to get over it when every post is you not getting over the loss and continued blame to the refs. And the Philly fan comment should be obvious--as we're generally known as insufferable--assuming you pay attention to anything outside of your area code. It's not a 'badge of honor' or whatever half-assed insult you want it to be.

Every team gets a raw deal with refs at times. You aren't special. And not every one moans about it incessantly. The whole "we would have done better if we were good enough to play in that game" is a sorry ass thing to say. Who's to say they don't play exactly like they did against Dallas?

You sound like Kamara did when he said the Saints would have beat the Eagles if they had gotten past the Vikings two years ago. Just pure excuse-laden salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    A bit of irony in you telling me to get over it when every post is you not getting over the loss and continued blame to the refs. And the Philly fan comment should be obvious--as we're generally known as insufferable--assuming you pay attention to anything outside of your area code. It's not a 'badge of honor' or whatever half-assed insult you want it to be.

Every team gets a raw deal with refs at times. You aren't special. And not every one moans about it incessantly. The whole "we would have done better if we were good enough to play in that game" is a sorry ass thing to say. Who's to say they don't play exactly like they did against Dallas?

You sound like Kamara did when he said the Saints would have beat the Eagles if they had gotten past the Vikings two years ago. Just pure excuse-laden salt.
    Oh sure, totally every team gets a raw deal in the NFC Championship were all of America can see such an obvious fucked up call. That's why PI is reviewable now, because that was how bad the fuckup was.

Yeah, you're still trying for a badge of honor as insufferable Philly fans, oh noez you booed Santa Claus, such badasses. Do me a favor though and stop wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh sure, totally every team gets a raw deal in the NFC Championship were all of America can see such an obvious fucked up call. That's why PI is reviewable now, because that was how bad the fuckup was.

Yeah, you're still trying for a badge of honor as insufferable Philly fans, oh noez you booed Santa Claus, such badasses. Do me a favor though and stop wasting my time.
    Hahah. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knee-jerk reaction from the no-GM Texans cutting Aaron Colvin the day after the Saints went 8 of 9 for 117 and a TD targeting him.

His $7.5 mil salary for this season is guaranteed.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If that's legit that may help explain why the Raiders were so willing to just cut him days before the season.
    or it could be that the organization is a dumpster fire.

or both.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    AB accused of three separate incidents of sexual assault/rape, from the NYTimes:

https://twitter.com/benshpigel/statu...81904669368325
    I can only shake my head at anyone that would believe that. Hopefully New England doesn’t knee jerk cut him and let’s it play out, the suit will obviously not go anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enunwa done for the year, looks like D. Thomas really should be needed in NY.
    /s

Hunter Henry hurt again already. Maybe Virgil Green will have a breakout year as a receiver finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnathan Abram confirmed out for the season after a torn labrum in his shoulder. He did it in the first quarter and played the rest of the game just hitting with his other shoulder.

For those who watched Hard Knocks, he's the guy who doesn't know how to pronounce salmon.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Good news for the Bears offense, Bryce Callahan still isn't practicing. They can be next to just pick on Isaac Yiadom all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Johnathan Abram confirmed out for the season after a torn labrum in his shoulder. He did it in the first quarter and played the rest of the game just hitting with his other shoulder.

For those who watched Hard Knocks, he's the guy who doesn't know how to pronounce salmon.
    I guess that is karma.

For hurting his own teammate after launching himself instead of tackling correctly, not the salmon part.

Darnold has mono, out multiple weeks according to Adam Gase....

....so many jokes to be made about kissing Jersey girls.....must resist.....

I do have to wonder if he had it while playing in week 1, cause that'd be dangerous as fuck. Mono can enlarge your spleen and a hit to it could rupture it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Browns banned the wrong fan (players shouldn't jump in the stands on the road anyway)

Darnold is out for weeks with mono

Saints are playing the Rams so I have to put up with another week of talking heads rambling about PI

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I do have to wonder if he had it while playing in week 1, cause that'd be dangerous as fuck. Mono can enlarge your spleen and a hit to it could rupture it.
    Apparently they thought he had strep throat as of Tuesday, so doesn't look like he was showing symptoms until a day or two after the game.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the Browns lose this game now I'm officially off the bandwagon.

Pfft, Mono. Only theJets.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    For hurting his own teammate after launching himself instead of tackling correctly, not the salmon part.
    That happened after he'd already done the injury. I don't think karma works in advance.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Sucks for Darnold, he won't fully recover from that until after the season unless he got really lucky.

If Siemien played like he did with Kubiak, not sure he would actually even be a downgrade from Darnold. Doubt it will happen though, he has not been the same since he got hit every play when Rick Dennison started running the offense after whatever Kubiak's health problem was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed the start where they were explaining why they are only on Sky Cam. Anyone know why that is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know either, but I won't be watching long if that's the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, apparently it has something to do with lightning in the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause this game didn't start late enough as is. Great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible call right before a delay. Maybe when they come back, the lightning will be gone and they'll have more cameras for replays.

Well, at least they're back. Still 2 cameras.