Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The lore team could go either way with all of them. The Blues could go as much Alliance as Horde thanks to Blood Elves and their history with the arcane and magic. Kalecgos' humanoid form is literally a human, while Malygos' form was a blood elf (high elf?) which means he used a form he best felt comfortable due to whatever race relations he engaged in before going mad.

Blacks seem like a natural fit for the Horde given Horde are always painted as provocateurs (thanks a lot Garrosh and Sylvanas) and therefore antagonists, but given Wrathion's proximity to Anduin, the Black Dragonflight could easily be written to side with the Alliance.

Reds seem pretty neutral, they're the aspects of LIFE, they might not be willing to side with the Horde simply due to the Undead which I believe is an antithesis to what the Reds stand for unless I'm understanding them wrong.

Greens could also go either way as it's been said, Tauren or Night Elves', especially night elves and Malfurion's closure to The Dream (Emerald, not Dusty Rhodes.)

Nozdormu and his Bronze is the most polarizing of the 5, the most enigmatic so his is the one that could definitely go either (H) or (A.)

5+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this is that most Dragonflights are heavily Alliance-biased (blue) or neutral (red). Except maaaaaybe the bronze one.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I could see Alexstrasza, in her almost endless beneficence and magnanimity, perhaps allying her Dragonflight to the Horde with the goal of helping them better peacefully integrate themselves into life on Azeroth and serving as warders and advisers, protectors and help-meets. But beyond that it seems an unlikely proposition all the same - the Alliance definitely resonates much better with the Red Flight's mission statement and general ethos. Personally I don't think *any* of the Dragonflights would ever join one of the two factions - their mandate is above political reality, really; as they serve more concrete roles woven into the bedrock of existence itself (things like Time, Life, Magic, the Emerald Dream, etc. etc.)
    That's the route I would take too, to help the horde better integrate. It is also a possible solution to the Thalyssra dilemma too, while I have generlaly been in favour of blizzard replacing her with a restored Elisande who I feel is both more powerful and better suited to the horde and blood elven midnset as opposed to Thalyssra who really feels like a virtuous arcane Tyrande whose character feels ruined on the horde and disappointingly weak too, as shown by Jaina being superior in the stormwind escape. The one condition that i could accept Thalyssra staying on the horde is to help it improve. I did like the idea someone gave of the elves actaully working together with each other in both faction to heal wounds.

I found the topic:

It was saying that night elves and nightborne collaborate to guide the horde and alliance, in lore they are actually working together, and have the alliance night elf group and nightborne horde group work to ensure the horde and alliance are ready to face world threats instead of destroying each other like Azshara/N'zoth almost manipulated them into, they also work to ensure no Arthas/Garrosh ever arises to use the factions for evil or war. Finally they ensure the horde and alliance conflict doesn't stop them from rebuilding their civilization and forests all which keep getting uprooted and attacked by conflics. Tot hat effect they flood broken isle nightbonre areas with night elves and Kalimdor night elf areas with nightborne.

The Thalassisan elves operate differnetly, the blood elves actually work witht eh draenei, unlike the night elf/nightborne who feel thesmelves far avbove the faction conflict and would rather manage it so that it doens't interfere with more importnat goalls like protecting/defending Azeroth or rebuilding their shattered lives, the Thalassians are more noble minded for peace. Teh blood elves work with the Draenei to help make the alliance and horde find peace. Now nnot all blood elves are on board for this ofc, but enough, and the effort i s lead by Liadrin and Alleria - it involves a complex horde/alliance relationship, and you still have hatreds running between some high elves and blod elves specifically old silver covenant/sunreaver individuals, however you also have those working for peace. this eventually leads to a stalemate peace in Quel'thalas when the alliance armies attakced and the sunwell was almost destroyed forcing the high and void elves leading the alliance, and the blood elves leading the horde to finally come to their senses and agree that for the High home to ever survive, war most never come to it at least from the factions, and so they force a power share betweent he horde and alliance, with the void/high elves representing hte allinace and the blood elves representing the horde, Quel'thlaas becomes controlled exclusively by Thalasisians, membbers of factions need their respective thalassians to agree to them visiting the area, and inter-elf fighitng is strictly forbidden on penalty of death.

This opens the door for a sophisticated cold war amongst haters, but also people working together to forge peace. The lightfoged become pretty friendly with the light seeking high elvs and blood elves, which helps, and they become the main draenei face in the land. While these guys work to finally bring peace between the factions, others continue to try to undermine that and defeat their opopnents, this tug of war is how the balance plays out.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nice logic.

No way that red dragonflight would join the Horde if they had any occasions. Dragons are stubborn race that doesn't forgive that easily.
    And Krasus was a close friend to Rhonin, a human mage.
    Ah yes, but Krasus died, and the red's are magnanimous. Furthermore, all the lore in wow, especially the most crucial dragon novels and cataclysm have put the reds working and being saved by the horde.

Without Krasus, the alliance link is much thinner, and the horde have already worked with the reds, while it was under enslavement the first time round, because the orcs were enslave by the legion and being manipulated by deathwing - the reds would understand this and Alexstrazsa actually likes the orcs despite everything.

i think she would be more of the mindset to save them or help them to more benevolent ends.

I would buy that.

Neither, because they fought to protect Azeroth itself, and Faction wars do nothing but destroy it.

I think is impossible for dragonflights to pick a side. Their role is to protect the planet.
    More than that they already had to fight the blacks in the past and I think they would never make a choice to fight another dragonflight.

If we return to their role as protectors then they should act against certain races that brings unbalance to the world like orcs and undead, even without affinities for the alliance.
    They also have a history with some alliance races, like night elves and humans (mainly because the late guardians were humans). Also as a very distant relationship they are close to dwarves and gnomes since they share titan heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdand131980 View Post
    I think is impossible for dragonflights to pick a side. Their role is to protect the planet.
    Exactly. Rather than choosing a side, they would try to broker peace or even unite the factions.

But for the sake of the thread, assuming the dragons had already achieved that peace between the factions, certain flights could show preferences for certain races:

• Black: Tauren, Trolls, Dwarves, all Shamans, for their connection to the earth & the elements
    • Blue: Humans, High and Blood Elves, Nightborne, all Mages
    • Bronze: Tauren, Trolls, Pandaren, Night Elves, Draenei - mostly regarding the age and history of these races, making them optimal agents for time travel missions (also see Timewalkers)
    • Green: all Druid races, this is definitely less race-based, even for Night Elves
    • Red: similar as Black, I'd say, but for the connection to "life" rather than for "earth". Esp. Dwarves have a connection due to the proximity to the Vermillion Redoubt. The Reds might also care for the Curse-of-Flesh'ed races, and healers of all kinds.

Overall, this is probably still more about affiliation and calling than race and faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdand131980 View Post
    More than that they already had to fight the blacks in the past and I think they would never make a choice to fight another dragonflight.

If we return to their role as protectors then they should act against certain races that brings unbalance to the world like orcs and undead, even without affinities for the alliance.
    They also have a history with some alliance races, like night elves and humans (mainly because the late guardians were humans). Also as a very distant relationship they are close to dwarves and gnomes since they share titan heritage.
    But that role ended after cataclysm, the flights don't have that duty, it might make now the perfect time to pick sides.

An easy guess would be the group they choose to look like in their "human" form
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Exactly. Rather than choosing a side, they would try to broker peace or even unite the factions.

But for the sake of the thread, assuming the dragons had already achieved that peace between the factions, certain flights could show preferences for certain races:

• Black: Tauren, Trolls, Dwarves, all Shamans, for their connection to the earth & the elements
    • Blue: Humans, High and Blood Elves, Nightborne, all Mages
    • Bronze: Tauren, Trolls, Pandaren, Night Elves, Draenei - mostly regarding the age and history of these races, making them optimal agents for time travel missions (also see Timewalkers)
    • Green: all Druid races, this is definitely less race-based, even for Night Elves
    • Red: similar as Black, I'd say, but for the connection to "life" rather than for "earth". Esp. Dwarves have a connection due to the proximity to the Vermillion Redoubt. The Reds might also care for the Curse-of-Flesh'ed races, and healers of all kinds.

Overall, this is probably still more about affiliation and calling than race and faction.
    Interesting. But I would also add highborne night elves to the blues, and while Tauren and troll races have existed a long time, the individuals are just averaged 70 year cycled lives. Unless you mean because htese races exsisted long ago, i'ts easier ot send them to the past without too much stir - but then seeing the flight can disguise you for that mission - the only qualifiers would be the elves - both night and thalassian peoples (i.e. night/nightborne elves, and high/blood/void elves) who live thousands of years. Draenei too, bu then most of thier history is on another planet, the bronze don't operate in draenor time travel things nor do they on argus i think

Good point on the Reds though and Greens. Very insightful on the Blacks, which would lean them more towards the horde for both numbers of actual shaman and the number of races that can be shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    But that role ended after cataclysm, the flights don't have that duty, it might make now the perfect time to pick sides.
    Collectively I do strongly doubt they would pick either faction knowing at the same time it meant fighting themselves. As we have seen through the neck quests they still are trying to hold their old roles as protectors off Azeroth even if their strength has diminished.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Most choose Thalassian elven forms - but whether that's high elf or blood elf is not know.

Nozdormu sounds much like a blood elf.

Krasus also sounds like a blood elf

Alexstrazsa takes on a blood elf form.

The blues take on high elf or human forms - and have historical connections with Azsuna Farondis night elves

The blacks take on human forms almost always, though one took a tauren form

The greens take either high elf or night elf forms. Ysera had a night elf form as did her daughter, but her consort had a high elf form

The bronze are mostly seen as gnomes but some are high/blood elf in forms.

Red- Alliance - I doubt the red flight cares for any Horde races except for possibly the Tauren
    Blue - Alliance - Specifically Dalaran
    Green - Alliance - Specifically Night Elves
    Black - Horde - Black dragonflight being misunderstood appears better fit for the Horde
    Bronze - Neither - Can't see the bronze flight choosing sides. Seems pretty beneath them

Red, Green, and Black are obviously Alliance. Alexstraza showed her favor when she saved and empowered Bolvar at the Wrathgate. Ysera serves Elune; the Night Elves have a direct connection to Elune and the Tauren simply do not. Wrathion literally chose the Alliance during MOP.

Blue would definitely go Horde because they are in possession of both the sunwell and the nightwell.

Bronze / Infinite would never choose sides. Twilight will remain in opposition to the binary.

7+ Year Old Account
    None of them would ever choose sides.

The factions just cause havoc, and it would mean they'd fight each other.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    None of them would choose horde

Maybe some of the Black Dragonflight
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    That's mostly Humans and Elves, hardly covers the races.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Interesting. But I would also add highborne night elves to the blues
    Yeah had them in the first draft of that line, but replaced that with Mages in general.

Unless you mean because htese races exsisted long ago, i'ts easier ot send them to the past without too much stir
    That, yes. Until a lore confirmation, I take the CoT disguises as a game mechanic/explanation.
    Plus, there's a Tauren that has lived for over 10,000 years, presumably due to his ties to the Bronzes.
    Draenei... Eredar infiltration during times of Legion invasions? Travel back in time, then to another world? Admittedly a somewhat long shot, but the possibility popped up in my mind. Also, just history/lore in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Wrathion literally chose the Alliance during MOP.
    He's regretting his actions of that time now, see 8.2.5 datamining. Also, it was less "choosing the Alliance" than trying to use them to dominate the Horde, because the Horde was weakened after SoO, effectively uniting the factions.

Considering how bat shit insane the Horde leader is right now I don't see ANY Dragonflight supporting The Horde. Not even close. Especially not after burning the World Tree, gasing her own people with blight, using their corpses as a undead army, allying with the old god servant Knifu which lead to the release of N'Zoth. etc.

Well. The Black would consider it. But there technically isn't a Black Dragonflight thanks to Wrathion killing most of them off. We'll see if he is leaning towards rebuilding it. Wrathion was mad because he wanted a united front against the legion and letting the Horde go in a weakened state with possible power struggle would leave Azeroth forces strength diminished.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The Horde, who ensalved dragons .. would gain the red flight????
    the queen herself already forgive the horde, and there is a difference between old demonic horde and thrall's horde, like i said if they stretch enough

Ogres to the Alliance! I think the Alliance needs beefier races anyway .. especially with more gnomes probably going to the Alliance.
    the alliance piss on their pants with fury if they ever get ogres, lmao, they don't want that, and after getting kultirans? nope

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Considering how bat shit insane the Horde leader is right now I don't see ANY Dragonflight supporting The Horde. Not even close. Especially not after burning the World Tree, gasing her own people with blight, using their corpses as a undead army, allying with the old god servant Knifu which lead to the release of N'Zoth. etc.

Well. The Black would consider it. But there technically isn't a Black Dragonflight thanks to Wrathion killing most of them off. We'll see if he is leaning towards rebuilding it. Wrathion was mad because he wanted a united front against the legion and letting the Horde go in a weakened state with possible power struggle would leave Azeroth forces strength diminished.
    Do you view Ebonhorn as the figure head of the black flight or more Wrathion? Until 8.2, i'd have said Wrathion, but it is Ebonhorn, not Wrathion taht lends the black scale to the heart of Azeroth..but then maybe Wrathion would canonically spot the old gods plot and would not have assisted until it was undone

I can see the Red flight go Horde, but only if we get Thrall in charge, and the Banshee Queen is kicked out.

The Orc Clans that enslaved the Red Dragonflight are those of the Dark Horde clans and Dragonmaw. Dark Horde clans never joined Thrall's Horde. Dragonmaw joined, but largely met their fate as Garrosh loyalists. And according to the Shaman questlines in Legion, the Highlands were completely overrun by the Burning Legion. So the Dragonmaw are a limited factor. Meanwhile, the mortal Alexstrasza is closest to, likely is Thrall.

Green Flight has ever held strong bonds with the Night Elves. While Malfurion champions the Emerald Dream, I don't see anything breaking that bond.

Blue Flight is an interesting one. They've been friend and foe with both. As Kirin Tor isn't part of the Alliance, and as they enjoy magic above everything, that should make the Horde a tempting candidate, with all those elves. However, the one obstacle is Kalecgos and his love of Jaina. Also his half-Human avatar. They're just not going to make that guy go Horde, with his baggage.

Black will go with Wrathion. Honestly any side would be crazy to accept him. His flight probably suits Horde more. Wrathion is the obstacle here. He has a clear Alliance-bias. But he's about as trustworthy as Loki. While he might like the Alliance more in principle, that's never changed his actions before. I'm gonna go with "Whichever side he feels like, at the time."

Bronze would be an interesting discussion. Location-wise, Horde seems more valuable. But Alliance has a lot more involvement in history. Personality-wise, I see them be rather structured. Their role is maintaining an ordered system. That seems Alliance. All of those arguments are garbage though. Because Chromie is the most famous Gnome NPC in the game. And so Alliance is the only option.

I don't really see the other flights being worthy of much consideration. I doubt they'd get involved. I could argue how Nether Dragon most suits the Horde. But let's face it, Alliance isn't going to open its door to any of those dragonflights, so if somehow they joined any site, it's Horde by default.