Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    They have done an uneven number for a level cap for and technically for 2 expansions the level cap was raised by an odd number
    Well, yes, because it takes two odd numbers to make it even again. They realized their mistake and had to fix it the tough way. With scaling mobs and quest rewards, a level cap of only five increments makes a lot of rewards redundant and mobs bland. 10 level increments provides a smoother scaling curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Well, yes, because it takes two odd numbers to make it even again. They realized their mistake and had to fix it the tough way. With scaling mobs and quest rewards, a level cap of only five increments makes a lot of rewards redundant and mobs bland. 10 level increments provides a smoother scaling curve.
    it all depends on how they scale it also an easy way to make leveling feel good is to have something for every level which is easier to do in smaller increments instead of larger ones and I don't know about you but I prefer 2 have leveling field meaningful in the way that doing most of the content is what will get you to cap instead of doing like half of it because the leveling system for the last 2 expansions has felt like s*** because we haven't gotten new abilities and we haven't gotten you talents for over 20 levels now if there's also a level talents change then that would also be interesting I'm personally I'm okay with going up five levels honestly it's just a number and you can make the difference between level 61 in level 64 feel meaningful as long as blizzard doesn't f*** it up which they probably would because for some reason they have a problem with the character feel like they're making progression and they decide to keep the characters essentially feeling bland oh wait that's right we had the same thing happen in the last two expansions because of the mob scaling so it's almost as if the system of having only five levels wouldn't feel any different from what we have now

what's different from using a scaling leveling system and only going up five levels and using the same scaling leveling system and going up 10 levels other than the fact that if rewards are redundant and mobs are bland it just happens over smaller. Plus not feeling as bad as say going from level 100 to level 120 and not getting any new talents and having a bland leveling experience through the current expansion so much to the point that players are rushing to max level using the island expeditions which blizzard had to Nerf because it was the best way to level since after you do the story ones you essentially did on every character because no character will change at all in terms of play style during leveling because you don't even get meaningful azerite gear until after you cap because the leveling azerite gear is still the same gear that the game launched with so it has essentially half of the available traits plus it only has three rows

my point is with the new level scaling system they could increase the max level by 7 and it wouldn't matter

it all depends on how they scale it
    Which is at least partially dependent on granularity. 10 levels are always going to be smoother than 5 levels simply because of that.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    new 8.2.5, 8.3, 8.4, 9.0 leak on 4chan
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/...le-for-azeroth
    this one is ruined since it mentions that 8.4 is a thing and 9.0 won't be announced at blizzcon and more..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's Alliance flagged in the journal.

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance takes several weeks to months after the Horde to get to the 100 raids cleared. The split matters quite a bit.
    Players pick horde or alliance based on the bonuses they get for doing so. The fact is already old and everyone knows why guilds that wanted that 1% extra effect went that road. Therefor horde finishing always first is a consequence of choices already made, not a condition. But it requires reason to understand cause-effect relations.
    Last edited by Bogdand131980; 2019-09-11 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Miss s

Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    this one is ruined since it mentions that 8.4 is a thing and 9.0 won't be announced at blizzcon and more..
    In absolutely no way there will be 8.4 - fake. If we’d already were way into 8.3 maybe, maybe. But this way? No chance.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    I actually want all the trash shitposters for all these fake leaks to keep speculating about 8.2.5/8.3.

Then when we get patch 8.2.5 live or 8.3 info at Blizzcon we can see how stupid some of the leaks were.

I don't think there's ever been this amount of trash leaks for WoW ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I actually want all the trash shitposters for all these fake leaks to keep speculating about 8.2.5/8.3.

Then when we get patch 8.2.5 live or 8.3 info at Blizzcon we can see how stupid some of the leaks were.

I don't think there's ever been this amount of trash leaks for WoW ever.
    Dude, leak season hasn't even started yet. In October we will have 2+ leaks a day.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dude, leak season hasn't even started yet. In October we will have 2+ leaks a day.
    My hope is we actually get 8.2.5 stuff to talk about before then so we don't have to pay every single crap leak attention.

It seems like people are just posting "leaks" for the minimal attention they get because the community right now doesn't have a whole lot to talk about.

Which is at least partially dependent on granularity. 10 levels are always going to be smoother than 5 levels simply because of that.
    Is it though??

I mean what do you think the difference between the current level cap and say a situation where instead they had the cap at 115 doing nothing but changing the number

Would the mobs mean less??
    Would the rewards mean less??

Personally I don't think so because with the scaling system there's no difference between level 112 and level 119 heck the only difference between cap and 112 is the access to the systems locked behind cap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    My hope is we actually get 8.2.5 stuff to talk about before then so we don't have to pay every single crap leak attention.

It seems like people are just posting "leaks" for the minimal attention they get because the community right now doesn't have a whole lot to talk about.
    We have 2 possible 8.3 lines

1. Wasting the dragons and killing n'zoth
    2. We lose to the black empire on some fronts

With the new essence system we now have a sense of the kind of content 8.3 will have

Likely heroic darkshore
    New dungeon
    New raid
    New daily content possibly old zones
    New warfront

Is it though??
    Yes. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Yes. And there's nothing you can do about it.
    Such a powerful argument ignoring the rest of the post

hmmmm wasn't there a build about to be deployed like... yesterday ?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    The servers were updated, but the new build was not deployed.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-09-11 at 10:08 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Stiven jinxed it.

wish it was true

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like shit, and also semi-basic. And so much stuff is just outright wrong lmao, just in the Wrathion section alone. We already know what happens there.
    ''Looks like it's a little project in Blizzard for their defence. They decided to create this Shadowlands leak as the cover up.''
    Thankfully this quote killed it outright.

But yeah ''leak'' season is in full swing alright, and since this expansion has been so fuckin' bizarre in more than one way, any of these ''leaks'' could be 90% true.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-09-12 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Freaking Stiven xD
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

">WoW Classic had a big impact on this expansion in terms of gameplay, lore and storytelling."

WoW Classic wasn't even in actual development during most of 9.0s development time. Do people not realize Blizzard starts on these expansions years in advance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    ">WoW Classic had a big impact on this expansion in terms of gameplay, lore and storytelling."

WoW Classic wasn't even in actual development during most of 9.0s development time. Do people not realize Blizzard starts on these expansions years in advance?
    I'm not sure they'd care even if they did. Most "leaks" IMO tend to be more wish lists that various players have rather than something with strong substance towards the future of the game.

Given how many fans of Classic are around, it doesn't surprise me at all that Classic would be something they'd claim was leveraged, even though as you stated it wasn't even really in development during the main design stages for whatever 9.0 is.