Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    No, i actually blame the developers which turned WoW into a relentless competition driven meritocracy, by focusing on eSports and limiting the best items and intrinsic rewards to premade group play only.

In the end, it was the devs who created their toxic playerbase. The game is not really about playing together with friends, but playing together with those who perform. That, and only that, turned the WoW community into a gold and min-maxing focused cesspool.
    Thats pretty much what the game has always been

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Thats pretty much what the game has always been
    Not so much at the start. Nowadays, the level of meritocracy and competition based design is unbearable.

If the game design only adresses the most toxic part of gameplay, where you leave friends behind, and only group up with those who perform, it is no wonder the community becomes what it is today.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

As a rogue, ive gotten the true vanilla experience of running across a continent for 5 quests because im sure as hell not getting into any dungeon farmgroups thats for sure.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    As a rogue, ive gotten the true vanilla experience of running across a continent for 5 quests because im sure as hell not getting into any dungeon farmgroups thats for sure.
    Gameplay first.

Not so much at the start. Nowadays, the level of meritocracy and competition based design is unbearable.

If the game design only adresses the most toxic part of gameplay, where you leave friends behind, and only group up with those who perform, it is no wonder the community becomes what it is today.
    Thats exactly how it was in Vanilla for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Thats exactly how it was in Vanilla for raids.
    No, it was not. Shadowpriests and hunters had been in raids and dungeons in classic as well. Just only because the game was new.

The aged community, nowadays, focusing on min maxing, just builds their groups based on op classes and op class combos.

That changed. And was different in original classic.

The aged community is a direct product of the game design bias of the developers, which continued to develop WoW.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-09-11 at 05:37 AM.

No, it was not. Shadowpriests and hunters had been in raids and dungeons in classic as well. Just only because the game was new.

The aged community, nowadays, focusing on min maxing, just builds their groups based on op classes and op class combos.

Human nature goes towards the most viable solution. Its not exactly a new thing.

In vanilla the raid comps were more diverse because the information on how shit certain specs were wasnt know before it was too late and thus taking a worse spec was much easier thsn picking a specific.

But if you did have the option of taking anything over a ret paladin, you took it.

I personally did myself few cathedral runs and few ZF runs, no more then like 1 level per each dungeon, just to be ahead of the zone im questing for abit. Im level 49 and 47 levels i got from questing and i saw alot of people questing where i quested and that includes both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I don't know if it's just my server but it feels like nobody is playing the game normally anymore. I actually don't see that many people questing, but I see everyone constantly spamming LFG looking for warriors, mages and healers for cleave runs.

I know I don't need to participate, but it's honestly ruining my experience that people just don't seem to be able to stop this try-hard bullcrap and just enjoy the game. It's the exact same crap the ruined the community on retail.
    this are the same players that ruined retail wow and now infecting classic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    this are the same players that ruined retail wow and now infecting classic as well.
    You mean the private server guys who figured out cleaving dungeons is the fastest way?

Looks at the 50 players in Gadget, the 15 in the Pirate cove, the 8-9 I saw on the way from Gadget to Pirates cove.

No, Op, plenty of people still questing.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I don't know if it's just my server but it feels like nobody is playing the game normally anymore. I actually don't see that many people questing, but I see everyone constantly spamming LFG looking for warriors, mages and healers for cleave runs.

I know I don't need to participate, but it's honestly ruining my experience that people just don't seem to be able to stop this try-hard bullcrap and just enjoy the game. It's the exact same crap the ruined the community on retail.
    By all means, go to STV and try questing.

And there you have the answer as to why everyone is doing dungeons. Because the world cant support the amount of players that blizz has crammed into each layer.
    Nobody wants to stand around waiting for mobs to spawn and try competing for mob tags wherever they go.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    why do people who never played p servers talk like they know? lol

go away

this is how the people who brought u classic do things. Laughably ignorant comment

Pro tip - if u didn't paly p servers. You have no idea how the people who wanted classic play teh game. Obviously

Slow leveling's only boon is you can semi afk for it. No1 does these terrible quests for the flavor lol
    So combative and unpleasant in every single post you put out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    im actually glad this is a thing it keeps all these d-bag mages out of questing zones AE farming. I love watching them get ganked and not helping
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    With you on that. I watched an allied mage die trying to AOE farm mobs I needed for a quest (and so did like 5 other people). He asked me for a rez. Sorry pal, them's the breaks.

There's that good Classic community I've been hearing so much about but have yet to actually see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    True. To an extent.

Right now no-one gives a shit about who you are or what kind of player you are. Once the dust settles and server communities take off that will change quickly. Now that’s not to say you won’t find groups. You’ll just find groups with other people who don’t get invites.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that there’s literally a right way and all other ways. ������
    You forgot one thing though, the Classic servers are much much larger than Vanilla's original servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Because slowly walking cross country sucks, rather just blizzard spam and eradicate some farm of humans 300 times or dungeon spam.

Less travel time.

- - - Updated - - -

You okay? Seem to be freaking out over nothing resorting to insulting someone guessing the OPs potential class.
    Are you okay? The guy who made the post was passive aggressive af. If you fail to read between the lines, not my problem. Stop defending your boyfriend butterbeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Are you okay? The guy who made the post was passive aggressive af. If you fail to read between the lines, not my problem. Stop defending your boyfriend butterbeast.
    So, good to see you're incapable of responding to anything without an attempt at an insult. That's fine though, can safely add you to ignore knowing you bring absolutely nothing to any discussion on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Because you just assume that the OP plays some shit class that is left out due to not being a mage, a healer, or a warrior, and I wanted to get through your thick skull (because it must be thick if you don't get it still), that you don't necessarily have to be excluded from these runs due to your class to find this farming method retarded.

Literally my first sentence should have been enough to understand why I said that to you. I stated that your assumption was stupid.
    Don't forget to write another response to me. I'm definitely going to read them.

The aged community is a direct product of the game design bias of the developers, which continued to develop WoW.
    so min-maxing community is blizz creation? shall we blame league builds, dota builds, Runescape builds and literally any other game which is slightly competitive on Blizzard? How could they have possibly stopped it's community from min maxing culture of gaming today? Disconnect them from network after vanilla got launched? Or discourage minmaxing? Impossible. There are always advantages or there is perfect balance. A balance in the game means mechanically and number wise all classes should work identically.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    so min-maxing community is blizz creation?
    Yeah. In a game which does not focus on competition, you do not need min maxing.

shall we blame league builds, dota builds, Runescape builds and literally any other game which is slightly competitive on Blizzard?
    No? But we should blame them for World of Warcraft. Interesting in this context is, that you compare WoW with MOBAs. Apples and oranges, you know?

How could they have possibly stopped it's community from min maxing culture of gaming today?
    With focusing on a cooperative gameplay instead of a competetive one.

Disconnect them from network after vanilla got launched? Or discourage minmaxing? Impossible.
    Sure it is possibe. You just need to limit challenges to the typical level of a RPG, and not to the typical level of a MOBA.

There are always advantages or there is perfect balance.
    There exists no "perfect balance" in a MMORPG. And it should not exist there, as it is a RPG. Class diversity should be the main factor, and not sheer performance. Only in a world of a performance focus every class wants to be homogenized. Which is detrimental to an immersive story or class fantasy.

A balance in the game means mechanically and number wise all classes should work identically.
    No, a wish to let perform every class same leads to that. As blizzard showed in their past development which lead to unfun classes and just to performance based changes. Blizzard changed the classes because of esport, and not because of casual gamers having problems with many abilities. The WoW devs do not really care about casual gamers, but about having arena and mythic dungeon tournaments. They want WoW to be a competetive brawler, instead of focusing on the role playing game.

Well, and if you create a competetive brawler with focusing on the elbow, you get a community full of asshats that only know to use their elbow. As example, see the cesspit that follows streamers like Asmongold.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-09-12 at 05:35 AM.

I'm horde on Fairbanks and I see a lot of people questing and dungeoning.