10+ Year Old Account
    What pissed me off the most about KH3 and specially KH3...that it has waaaaaaaaaay too much cinematics and less gameplay like you have 30 mins of dialogs and cinematics then 10 mins of actions I mean I personally enjoy JRPG and dialogs and how characters interact with each other after all I love RPGs but the way KH3 does it soooo annoying. Like sometimes I just ask myself "Can I play my game please instead of watching million of cinematics?"

15+ Year Old Account
    I still dont get how people still have trouble understanding the plot but call it made by a 12 year old.

I can understand the plot just fine, it's just thinking about it is what causes the headache.

Just about the only plot twist I like is the revelation that Braig/Xigbar is Luxu. Certainly explains why Xigbar was so intent on sticking around trying to get a "Keyblade." Or, rather, in this case, get his Keyblade back. But that's only because Xigbar is one of my favorite characters. And I look forward to what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Bummed out that the first big DLC seems to be adding in a bunch of stuff that would have just been in other games' original version. I doubt we'll get all of whatever assbackward nonsense logic they use to bring Kairi back to life in this dlc, at best we'll get a hint to it or see the beginning of it.
    I absolutely agree. I remember reading interviews of them saying "yes, you can play more than just Sora and Riku" which technically is true, but you didn't even really "play" Riku, just Riku and Aqua for... 3? fights. And the game just felt like they were thinkin "fk this, put everything in the last 2 hours and call it a day". I was just sitting there "That's it? Already? The handheld games felt longer already"
    I really hope additional DLC will make it feel more complete for people that have yet to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    I absolutely agree. I remember reading interviews of them saying "yes, you can play more than just Sora and Riku" which technically is true, but you didn't even really "play" Riku, just Riku and Aqua for... 3? fights. And the game just felt like they were thinkin "fk this, put everything in the last 2 hours and call it a day". I was just sitting there "That's it? Already? The handheld games felt longer already"
    I really hope additional DLC will make it feel more complete for people that have yet to play it
    Its because that's really the only place they CAN put more stuff in. The Disney Worlds are nearly 100% disconnected from the main plot outside of a Xehanort clone showing up to vaguely reference their grand plan and say somehow it applies to X character from the world. Unlike KH1, where the Princess of Heart were a key story point or even KH2 where they were actively trying to create new, powerful Nobodies from specific characters in each world.

The Disney Worlds never felt more disconnected from the franchise plot and its because 99% of the franchise plot happens in the last 3-4 hours.

Its because that's really the only place they CAN put more stuff in. The Disney Worlds are nearly 100% disconnected from the main plot outside of a Xehanort clone showing up to vaguely reference their grand plan and say somehow it applies to X character from the world. Unlike KH1, where the Princess of Heart were a key story point or even KH2 where they were actively trying to create new, powerful Nobodies from specific characters in each world.

The Disney Worlds never felt more disconnected from the franchise plot and its because 99% of the franchise plot happens in the last 3-4 hours.
    well, they could've added more original stuff, maybe a new original world midway or something. I never thought they would do anything with the Disney worlds because they're very much dicks about their "precious characters and story", but the original stuff felt like it was maybe 15% of the whole game, whereas in the others, it felt more and wasn't only there in the very end.

10+ Year Old Account

I disagree. The Disney Worlds are indeed very loosely connected, only being part of the journey because Sora needs to train to unlock the power of waking, but I agree that is pretty weak. However, they are connected to the heart of the story. Sora learns an important lesson in each world, be it the power of love, the meaning of being a hero, or the different kinds of bonds that people share. Usually, at the end of each world's story, Sora connects the journeys of the characters to his own, and it does truly help him mature for the final showdown.

Oh, and are we forgetting how Vanitus was resurrected thanks to the negative energy gathered from the scream power at Monsters Inc.? That seems pretty important.

It's been bugging me for a few hours, but do we have a character in the Kingdom Hearts universe that represents the Air element? We got Aqua for Water, Lea/Axel for Fire, and Terra's name literally means Earth. But do we have a character that represents Air? As much as I like the games, I can't remember seeing one character that fits that bill.

Ventus is for air

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still dont get how people still have trouble understanding the plot but call it made by a 12 year old.
    It's because it's so hard to follow and seemingly all over the place, that it seems written by a severely ADHD 12 year old, rather than a more cohesive understandable and well put together plot that would be written by a more literary mature person.

That's where that statement comes from...had to be kind of explained to me too.

It feels like it's being told by an ADHD child with the help of their ADHD friends ad hoc....

You know, those randomly generated stories told by multiple kids with incredibly vivid imaginations that "kind of" make sense? That's kind of what Kingdom Hearts story feels like.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing confusing about the Kingdom Hearts story until you get to Dream Drop Distance and even then it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    There is nothing confusing about the Kingdom Hearts story until you get to Dream Drop Distance and even then it's not that bad.
    To be fair, the Time Travel rules as stated in DDD are the least brain damaging Time Travel rules in any franchise ever. Have to leave your body to do so, can only go back to a moment in time where a version of you existed, can't interfere with events that are already set in stone to happen and can only travel forward through time from the past to the point when you leaped through time.

I still kind wonder how that one world in KH2 worked since it's obvious it goes against the rules outlined in DDD. But I guess I can just chalk it up to Nomura not planning that far in advance in regards to Time Travel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Ventus is for air
    That actually makes sense, don't know why I didn't think of it.

Aqua, Ven, Axel and Terra confirmed for big roll in the next KH game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's because it's so hard to follow and seemingly all over the place, that it seems written by a severely ADHD 12 year old, rather than a more cohesive understandable and well put together plot that would be written by a more literary mature person.

That's where that statement comes from...had to be kind of explained to me too.

It feels like it's being told by an ADHD child with the help of their ADHD friends ad hoc....

You know, those randomly generated stories told by multiple kids with incredibly vivid imaginations that "kind of" make sense? That's kind of what Kingdom Hearts story feels like.
    Actual children followed the plot. Why are you having trouble?

Actual children followed the plot. Why are you having trouble?
    The plot of KH3 by itself is fine, it's not exactly straight forward but the game does a good job hand holding you through it. The issue is the overarching Kingdom Hearts story. I highly doubt the children you speak of are actually able to follow the entire Kingdom Hearts plot from beginning to end with no confusion whatsoever.

Why am I having trouble? That's a bit hard to put my finger on but it boils down to the different characters throughout the series and how many of them are actually a different version or a shadow, or echo or nobody or whatever of some other character. It's hard to keep track of who is who. KH3 spells it out for you within the context of the game as far as who is who, but that's still a lot to keep track of.

There's a reason when KH3 was about to launch and right after there were a ton of videos going over the plot in Kingdom Hearts to try and piece it all together so everyone would understand.

You'll never convince me it's a simple, easy to follow, story.

15+ Year Old Account
    The plot of KH3 by itself is fine, it's not exactly straight forward but the game does a good job hand holding you through it. The issue is the overarching Kingdom Hearts story. I highly doubt the children you speak of are actually able to follow the entire Kingdom Hearts plot from beginning to end with no confusion whatsoever.

Why am I having trouble? That's a bit hard to put my finger on but it boils down to the different characters throughout the series and how many of them are actually a different version or a shadow, or echo or nobody or whatever of some other character. It's hard to keep track of who is who. KH3 spells it out for you within the context of the game as far as who is who, but that's still a lot to keep track of.

There's a reason when KH3 was about to launch and right after there were a ton of videos going over the plot in Kingdom Hearts to try and piece it all together so everyone would understand.

You'll never convince me it's a simple, easy to follow, story.
    I was a kid when it first came out and followed them all just fine. If i cant convince you that sucks but it will continue to be my favorite series with an easy to follow yet complex strory. Quality or not.

I was a kid when it first came out and followed them all just fine. If i cant convince you that sucks but it will continue to be my favorite series with an easy to follow yet complex strory. Quality or not.
    I never said the story was bad, just that I found it hard to follow and felt it was a bit all over the place. I enjoy what I experience and think the series is great, not sure where you got the idea that I think the game or story is bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never said the story was bad, just that I found it hard to follow and felt it was a bit all over the place. I enjoy what I experience and think the series is great, not sure where you got the idea that I think the game or story is bad.
    I didnt say you did. Im just confused on why youre confused when everything is laid out fairly well or theres more information in the reports. Not to mention the trillion videos on youtube. But mainly i was saying i wont say its a good story anymore post 3d.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is just me but it annoys me a lot that KH3 has more cinematics than actual gameplay..I played the previous KH games and I can't remember it was this bad.

In KH3 basically 30 mins cinematic dialog then 10 mins of gameplay then again another 30 mins dialog cinematics then 10 or 15 mins actual gameplay and rinse and repeat. Sometimes I get super pissed and put my controller down and say "SquareEnix can I god damn play the game instead of watching an anime? if I want to watch an anime I could do easily... I want to play the actual game instead of holding my hand with cinematics after cinematics come on!"

I didnt say you did. Im just confused on why youre confused when everything is laid out fairly well or theres more information in the reports. Not to mention the trillion videos on youtube. But mainly i was saying i wont say its a good story anymore post 3d.
    My point is that if someone has to go to the effort of finding additional or outside resources to help tell you what is going on in the story, because on it's own you don't get it...it's not an easy to follow simple story.

did we get any new information on the dlc?