Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.
    odd. i got a statue in the mail from for playing a decade?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    The same could be said about the MMORPG I play the most, GW2 (where my avatar comes from), but that's silly to just advertise it everywhere.

And the thing I want most from WoW is an ability to play any character immediately at max level in PvP with equal gear and skill choices as everyone else. I love just playing with different classes' gameplay mechanics in a PvP scenario.

Does FFXIV have this? Because GW2 does. Also, I don't pay monthly for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't mean to bash on ya, you seem like a knowledgeable fellow, but not every thread has to be turned into a "my MMO is better" thread.
    Indeed FFXIV has it's share of weaknesses. PvP is underdeveloped. Items are less interesting. While the non-instanced housing leads to nice vibrant neighbourhoods it also creates a panic that housing plot will be filled up. The protagonist is voiceless and I dislike the direction where the raids are going. It's by no means perfect.

But if someone spouts obvious bullshit about it, I will defend it. And if someone is looking for a feature it actually has, I will point it out. I think that's fair.

And thanks for not being a Hitei about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    Only if you had been subbed continuously from launch to the 10th anniversary. If you arrived a year late or had to take a break due to certain circumstances you got jack shit.
    I played from 4 months after launch, had to take a break during late tbc/early wrath and then stayed subbed from then on and all through wod and Legion.
    I had over 10 year of sub, straight too, but no statue for me

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Indeed FFXIV has it's share of weaknesses. PvP is underdeveloped. Items are less interesting. While the non-instanced housing leads to nice vibrant neighbourhoods it also creates a panic that housing plot will be filled up. The protagonist is voiceless and I dislike the direction where the raids are going. It's by no means perfect.

But if someone spouts obvious bullshit about it, I will defend it. And if someone is looking for a feature it actually has, I will point it out. I think that's fair.

And thanks for not being a Hitei about it.
    Appreciate your attitude and mature response! No MMO is perfect but it's our passion for the perfect one to exist that keeps us here talking about 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    It seems like a weird promo since most returning players are returning for classic..

I would like if they let you opt in for game time from the start.
    its a retarded cash grab.

but there is also asy solution - blizzard should give the same rewards as bundle in shop for 69.99 . or more expensive if bought single

this would imidiately shut up everyone because then people instead making fake account would just buy it from shop direckly .

maybe thats their goal so people start asking openly for more items being in shop

the release timing does allow the accusation of an user-unfriendly cashgrab. although the game is in general a cashgrab (as companies have to be profitable, hm?), this particulary one is just purely business orientated greed, since most potential resubs have already been activated due to Classic release.
    so the outcry is somewhat plausible, as fans feel forced to artificially push sub numbers for "Blizzney" just for business rankings.
    it could have been a brillant move, if not for the very harsh restriction of 2 years inactivity, the 12 months and the post Classic release announcement.

personally i would prefer these mogs for archeology, but would accept a shop placement rather than the stupid clickfest of reactivating inactive account, cuz iam not coercing any friends to resub for my mog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those look good. It will prolly cause the old LF RAF thread to necro itself.

I got all the RAF rewards from that thread, looking forward to doing it again. Back then all that those nice folk required is to lvl with them to cap, provide them some starting gold + best bags, and some dung boosts.
    Lots of new people who want the benefits, and many who wanna reroll.

Also lol at all the people complaining. If you do this right it's free rewards, and a few alts leveled up fast.
    Can you recruit yourself like before? Sure, but don't come bitch to us for wasting money instead of looking for people. To each their own man.

Now I do wonder will the summon and bonus exp apply to classic as well? Don't assume it will on the day it comes out (8.2.5?) due to classic being fresh, but I could see it in P3 or later. One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    It will prolly cause the old LF RAF thread to necro itself.
    It doesn't need to be necroed, it's been sticked a the top of this forum for years.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol alright man. yeah i would love to see you even buy metal that large for 3$

- - - Updated - - -

this one didnt have anything new.
    but the last one did, it had a few new things, so...
    Last one didnt as well?? Its 2 times in a row then.. there is quite some time inbetween them so it sucks even more not having anything there we could collect. No one is waiting on another wrath recolor we can just get in a dung if you get what I mean.
    Anyway this was just an example, I was talking in general realy, but honestly the transmog micro holiday sucks and they could have done so much more with recolors that are only available on npc.

Why should we respect it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    Appreciate your attitude and mature response! No MMO is perfect but it's our passion for the perfect one to exist that keeps us here talking about 'em.
    Indeed. Or at the very least to find one that is closest and if we feel charitable, help other find theirs. Things get complicated when you have to change favorites. Games can change and some times don't change the way we want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    A free copy of Diablo 3, and three free mounts are 100% based on sub time, so I mean... No.

Sorry I missed two of the twenty one items that, sure showed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Sorry I missed two of the twenty one items that, sure showed me.
    I mean four, but I guess inability to count and inability to read go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Off the top of my head, if you've been playing since Vanilla then:
    These are things you earned yourself by accomplishing things or paying, not a reward for being a veteran.

When you work at a company for X years, your salary isn't a reward for veteran status, normally its better vacation scheduling, bonuses, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    odd i got to play for a decade for playing for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    These are things you earned yourself by accomplishing things or paying, not a reward for being a veteran.

When you work at a company for X years, your salary isn't a reward for veteran status, normally its better vacation scheduling, bonuses, etc.
    Paying is exactly what being a veteran is. That is the whole point of rewarding veteran customers, they consistently pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    odd i got to play for a decade for playing for a decade.
    sounds like you win this round. congratulations on your prize!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So you want veteran rewards? Like in Final Fantasy XIV?
    I want a fucking unicorn that fly and leave trail of rainbow similar like altar of ashes (kinda) and poop out rainbow stuff... that's all i am asking for...

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears...

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

Veteran players: ...

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    There's always been an opportunity for Blizzard to reward long term persistent subs with any number of perks, from free transfers, race changes or whatever after x number of months / years of playing, up to things like mounts and what not. (to my knowledge, the mount reward for a long term sub has only been done once?).

They seem to continually miss this pretty basic business opportunity. RAF rewards should be fine, but they shouldn't eclipse what persistent players are offered.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There's always been an opportunity for Blizzard to reward long term persistent subs with any number of perks, from free transfers, race changes or whatever after x number of months / years of playing, up to things like mounts and what not. (to my knowledge, the mount reward for a long term sub has only been done once?).

They seem to continually miss this pretty basic business opportunity. RAF rewards should be fine, but they shouldn't eclipse what persistent players are offered.
    Ah, thanks random internet poster. I'm glad you know how to run billion dollar businesses better than billion dollar businesses. Have you tried to submit your insights to Blizzard directly? Or would that possibly interfere with what I'm sure is your pending application for CFO?