Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    when blizzard has to artificially nerf abilities regardless of "no changes" because players play only 1 meta comp ^^

hillarious

so blizz what happened to no changes ? some changes after all eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    when blizzard has to artificially nerf abilities regardless of "no changes" because players play only 1 meta comp ^^

hillarious

It's a "nochange" hotfix.

Those abilities doesn't work that way back then so they corrected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Demo shout should still be used in heavy AoE situations and will still generate the most threat- it did in actual vanilla. To my understanding it was just simply doing too much, it shouldn't do so much threat that a mage spamming AoE can't peel any mobs off you.
    Now it won't even hold aggro off a healer, I was healing live strat just now and the trash at the entrance I tanked not the warrior. It was impossible for him to do those packs at all. This isn't just fixing a bug, they went in and flat out broke it.

The battle shout fix was in their not a big list. Do you really, honestly trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Funny how Classic still needs fixes, you would think all of that had been fixed 15 years ago.
    This isnt a bug from "15 years ago". This is a bug that exists in modern classic client that was not faithful to the 1.12 reference client. It's being fixed to replicate 1.12 behavior

- - - Updated - - -

hillarious

You're an idiot. This isnt some fix to stop meta comps. This is a bug that exists in modern classic client that was not faithful to the 1.12 reference client. It's being fixed to replicate 1.12 behavior. Found the BFA baby / Panda baby

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Yes, make it even harder to tank! *facepalm*
    The whole threat and tank mechanic in classic wow is bullshit. Poor threat generation and no AOE abilities.
    I actually enjoy it over retail, granted today when People dont want to wait 2 sunders, it can be annoying

Can't wait for them to buff Ret and Balance and claim they are just fixing a bug

We're never going home at this rate

10+ Year Old Account
    That kind of makes me curious just how much less threat Demo Shout does now. Was completely broken, causing multiple times what it should or just something in the 1-10% range?

First, what's with all the "No changes" people saying that fixing a bug to make it work ike it should is "changes"? Second, changes are good, GTFO. You people ruined what could have been an improved game with your parroting of 15 year private server meta horseshit and refusing to let blizzard tweak the game to keep the feel and atmosphere without all their terrible design choices from a different day and age. #NoChanges is toxic and cancerous and Blizzard should have told you people to fuck off.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2019-09-12 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I actually enjoy it over retail, granted today when People dont want to wait 2 sunders, it can be annoying
    Not really annoying, tell your healer to not heal people who have aggro, and do not chase mobs to taunt them back, let the casters come to you, they will learn as their dps goes down when they are getting hit, and have to run to you.
    I always put a skull on mobs as dps if the tank doesn't.

It should never be annoying for you, cause people are fast learners if you do it this way. It's easier if you pair up with a friend or two. People have forgotten that taunt is melee range now also. Hard lessons make better teamplayers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    First, what's with all the "No changes" people saying that fixing a bug to make it work ike it should is "changes"? Second, changes are good, GTFO. You people ruined what could have been an improved game with your parroting of 15 year private server meta horseshit and refusing to let blizzard tweak the game to keep the feel and atmosphere without all their terrible design choices from a different day and age. #NoChanges is toxic and cancerous and Blizzard should have told you people to fuck off.
    Probably has to do with a 2.0.1 patch note mentioning similar fix

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    #nochanges

...btw that means no changes from 1.12 reference client, not no changes once released. fixing a bug that prevented a mechanic from being faithful to the 1.12 client is faithful to the #nochanges mantra. i am pro-#nochanges\

though to be frank, #nochanges would also mean reproducing the behavior of now-protected API to be allowed to be run by unsigned code as long as it was triggered from a hardware event. This would restore addons such as Decursive's 1.12 behavior, but it would also open up an extremely harmful category of addons that completely play your character for you which boils down to "1-button macros". I'm not talking about "swifty 1 shot macro". I'm talking about macros that would make decisions for you; "if A then cast B elseif C then cast D elseif E then cast F..." etc. Blizz drew the line at that and, while it bothers me this change was made, it was healthy for the game. If this change was not made, it would open up a terrible can of worms and stigma against a person if they did or did not use "1-button macro" addons and create a divide among the playerbase, removing players from groups if they did or did not use such an addon.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2019-09-12 at 01:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

hillarious

Ironically these changes are to take it back to "no changes" levels. It's not a nerf, its a rebalancing to how it actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    It's a "nochange" hotfix.

Those abilities doesn't work that way back then so they corrected it.
    Yes it worked exactly like that. Many people just didn't know about it.

Look at a warrior using it in BWL

https://youtu.be/qVeIEDZkXrs?t=38

They basically took the fix from a later patch and applied it to an earlier version of the game. Classic plus I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Yes, make it even harder to tank! *facepalm*
    The whole threat and tank mechanic in classic wow is bullshit. Poor threat generation and no AOE abilities.
    Go back to retail then.
    This is how tanking was in classic, actually required skill patience and dps/healers had to manage their aggro.

Posting a video showing aoe tanking through shout was possible in raid in no way a prove that the amount of threat was bugged and too high on 1.13. Demo shout tanking will still be possible, to keep threat from healer, not to keep aggro on 3 different mobs that all get single targeted by different dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    At least warriors CAN tank in vanilla lol. Druid and pally were garbage (other than as mediocre heals/buff whores) and DK/Monk/DH don't exist.
    I've been tanking as an enhance shaman since RFC. I'm level 42 tanking uldaman now. Druids can tank very well too. You re probably just talking about raids where only 2 guys out of 40 can tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    Yes it worked exactly like that. Many people just didn't know about it.

Look at a warrior using it in BWL

https://youtu.be/qVeIEDZkXrs?t=38

They basically took the fix from a later patch and applied it to an earlier version of the game. Classic plus I suppose.
    Exactly, the strategy for razorgore was just to go in circles around the ramps spamming demo shout. This is like being able to DI razorgore to skip phase 1. Now clearly its a bug, but it was a bug that was in vanilla the whole freaking time.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Welp, there’s gonna be a lot of dead mages as they adjust to this.

Rip speedclearing dungeons for xp?
    Probably not, my chain lightning grabs aggro even on mages spamming AOE, shaman tanks will have the AOE farming advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    I've been tanking as an enhance shaman since RFC. I'm level 42 tanking uldaman now. Druids can tank very well too. You re probably just talking about raids where only 2 guys out of 40 can tank.
    It isn't even entirely true that Shaman, Druid and Paladin cannot main tank they just need more passive mitigation to get close enough to push the crushing blow off of the damage table or close to it, they will get hit by one eventually but for the most part out gearing a give raid is more than enough to start main tanking it as any of the other tanking specs. The issue of aggro swapping is the hardest thing to overcome in fights where you have to taunt off of each other but there are ways around it, mainly potions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sarcastic reply, but please tell me how prot paladins are worth a shit without a taunt and without ways to regen mana in combat. They are irrelevant. They can tank 5 mans but at that point you might as well just heal because it's a waste of gold on the re-spec because it's worthless in raids.

BC fixed prot paladin tanking and made them viable, anyone trying to use them in classic gets 4 face palms out of 5. They are not used for AoE raid tanking like they where in BC, let's cut the BS about it being their niche lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my deer sweet child, I'm going to guess you are one of the players on live that don't understand why skittish exists either right?

All our Dungeons are Done with Protpally their are Aggro Monsters, and with propper Gear from Scholo this is the way to Go, we doing almost 1k gold by Spam Dungeons every day with a Paladin.

And we Done MC 2. After Avid in DE.

If they want to say this is a bug that's fine. People parroting that this isn't an accurate representation of Vanilla are wrong. Demo shout spam for tanking mass pulls was possible in the original game as was battle shout spam in a group with 4 hunters + 4 pets. My guild did both starting in BWL for Razorgore and Nef. The reason it's getting 'fixed' now is because it's getting popular traction due to all the power leveling and dungeon farm happening and not because it is a bug that wasn't part of the original experience.