Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But those murlocs had Illidan wings! Totally different yo! And Wrathion's "powerful Individual" comment probably refers to mortals. And Thunderking died and was still recharging.
    Well it took thunder king 30 days to beat an average wild god xuen who is either same power level or weaker than cenarius and during wc3 how mannoroth talked about cenarius saying he wishes to face him again would imply that they fought against each other before and either they were similiar in strenght or mannoroth was stronger and players defeated mannoroth without help in wod who was being helped by Gul'dan and at final phase mannoroth was empowered meaning stronger than nornal.

putting players in wod at lk arthas level as a party.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    But lorewise, the NPC's told the paladin that the day we picked up Ashbringer we unlocked more potential in it than Tirion ever did. So... doesn't that mean we are stronger than Tirion who beat the Lich King?
    With the ashbringer yes but that doesn’t mean we are stronger then him without it. Hell the statement it self is rather nebulous.

The ashbringer is a reactive weapon of light or darkness so does that mean the pally is stronger in the light then Tirion or can they just channel it better? What does being stronger in the light really mean? Velan can turn demons to ash but the champions can’t so if velan has the ash bringer would be unstoppable? There are to many questions to really know any thing other then with the weapons we are stronger then Tirion with a normal weapons though don’t seem to be on the same tier as artifacts though.

As far as Tirion beating arthas he kinda didn’t. He broke frost mourn which freed the souls which let us beat arthas something he appenrly couldn’t have done earlier even when arthas was weaker due to holy ground.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Fully essence empowered heart of Azeroth wielding champions vs. Arthas atop Icecrown?
    Welp, Fury of Frostmourne did over a million damage and went through immunities. Prot Warrior might be able to survive with all CDs and the absorb essence?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Either way frostmourne and Arthas are off the table now. Even if the sword was still there it isn't powered by all the souls like it was before. Say we could go with our current characters vs icc 25 Arthas who knows. While we are making nonsense cases for each we might as well point out the you can kill him now prior to the ice part and people survive the freeze that is now just a stun. So it really depends on what sort of power creep you believe in and what is just for game play and not lore reasons.

Well ya gameplay wise or with an empty frostmourn he’s proabbly get murdered.

I’m more so looking at it as if we had a time machine and just landed on the frozen throne alone at the peak of his power. With what we have now I don’t think we’d win with just the heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its a full raid group, the Champions steam roll Arthas

Note: Though to be fair, if that were the case, the Lich King would already have some Azerite on his power, so he wouldn't be just the Lich King a top ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well ya gameplay wise or with an empty frostmourn he’s proabbly get murdered.

I’m more so looking at it as if we had a time machine and just landed on the frozen throne alone at the peak of his power. With what we have now I don’t think we’d win with just the heart.
    Just have a few people run in with Azshara's staff and watch him get 1 shot when he tries to take us down. In that case it would probably be some strange draw and the next fool that came by would become the new LK and oddly powerful with titan blood in Frostmourne.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Just have a few people run in with Azshara's staff and watch him get 1 shot when he tries to take us down. In that case it would probably be some strange draw and the next fool that came by would become the new LK and oddly powerful with titan blood in Frostmourne.
    I don’t quite think lore fights work that way.

Well Bolvar doesn't have frostmourne and all the souls stored in it so probably a lot weaker
    His body is imbued with dragon fire, we have no clue what power he does or doesn't possess, blizz have him on hiatus in case they want another LK expansion, so dont count him as a weak one.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Fully essence empowered heart of Azeroth wielding champions vs. Arthas atop Icecrown?
    Are we talking about the one that we already killed..or the new one? It would be hard to use Arthas cause he's dead. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I mean thunder king power came from a similar source as the heart of Azeroth. We know for a fact the Thunder King can take Lich King so I'll side with the champions here

We beat aggamar without them though didn’t we?
    That was his avatar.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I beat his ass a long time ago with no empowered azeroth titan neck, so yep
    Not quite, if we didn´t have helped we would have lost

The heart is far from a tiny fraction of the power of our artefact weapons. After we are through with the grinding process for this patch it will essentially have become a mini-demon soul (because we and everyone else in lore is a bunch of morons), empowered by the aspects, housing the very power of the god's damned planet and it's assigned custodians. The power of our damn necklace was literally used to free a fucking old god from his titan prison, something that apparently even powerful artefacts like the Tidestone of Golganeth (typing this out kinda makes me feel dirty) couldn't do.

The rubbish about dragon flame on the other hand is pure speculation with no base in reality. It seared him but also breathed life into him, nowhere does it say that he somehow gained super powers just by being a burning zombie. The helm is probably the bigger source of power here and frankly, his instant mastery over ice upon taking up the helm is certainly source for concern.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That was his avatar.
    when do they say its just an avatar?

when do they say its just an avatar?
    https://youtu.be/Ql1dv4elqk4?t=1415
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Yes. I believe he would. Though, in Legion, we would obliterate him no-diff. The problem with the Heart is that, while it is empowered by the World Soul of Azeroth, the Heart itself is rather weak, and the World Soul of Azeroth is especially weak, due to being literally negged by Sargeras during the whole Antorus BS, as well as the whole N'zoth and Faction War situation post-Legion. And also, the Heart itself doesn't give all that much of a boost. All it does is just absorb Azerite so that it could heal the Planet, and therefore the world soul inside of it. That's not really a feat, considering how, in Legion, the players were doing cosmic level'd attacks and all that shit prior to even 7.2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    ah hadn't seen that interview.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the Lich King on farm :P still waiting on the mount
    No heart needed

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The heart is far from a tiny fraction of the power of our artefact weapons. After we are through with the grinding process for this patch it will essentially have become a mini-demon soul (because we and everyone else in lore is a bunch of morons), empowered by the aspects, housing the very power of the god's damned planet and it's assigned custodians. The power of our damn necklace was literally used to free a fucking old god from his titan prison, something that apparently even powerful artefacts like the Tidestone of Golganeth (typing this out kinda makes me feel dirty) couldn't do.

The rubbish about dragon flame on the other hand is pure speculation with no base in reality. It seared him but also breathed life into him, nowhere does it say that he somehow gained super powers just by being a burning zombie. The helm is probably the bigger source of power here and frankly, his instant mastery over ice upon taking up the helm is certainly source for concern.
    "Empowered by the aspects" Who lost almost all of their prime abilities after the Cataclysm. Some of our Artifacts were empowered by even stronger sources anyway prior to us wielding them.

"Empowered by the power of our World's Titan" A dying Titan who is still in a fetus state. The Titan itself is likely less developed than Argus himself atm (And Argus got empowered by Sargeras and all so that he could gain actual Titan status against us).

"The Heart also freed an Old God" Something any of our Artifacts could've done had the Naga beaten us in Azsuna. The Tidestone itself also could've freed N'zoth's Prison and sundered the world once more with ease.

Also, the "Mini Demon Soul" thing doesn't mean shit anymore, considering we've dabbled in powers much greater than even that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I have the Lich King on farm :P still waiting on the mount
    No heart needed
    Just because you can do it in the game, that doesn't mean you can do it in the lore. There's a reason why the game does what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Yes. I believe he would. Though, in Legion, we would obliterate him no-diff. The problem with the Heart is that, while it is empowered by the World Soul of Azeroth, the Heart itself is rather weak, and the World Soul of Azeroth is especially weak, due to being literally negged by Sargeras during the whole Antorus BS, as well as the whole N'zoth and Faction War situation post-Legion. And also, the Heart itself doesn't give all that much of a boost. All it does is just absorb Azerite so that it could heal the Planet, and therefore the world soul inside of it. That's not really a feat, considering how, in Legion, the players were doing cosmic level'd attacks and all that shit prior to even 7.2.
    That is some otherworldly reach.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is just your opinion because you provide nothing that backs your statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    "Empowered by the aspects" Who lost almost all of their prime abilities after the Cataclysm. Some of our Artifacts were empowered by even stronger sources anyway prior to us wielding them.

"Empowered by the power of our World's Titan" A dying Titan who is still in a fetus state. The Titan itself is likely less developed than Argus himself atm (And Argus got empowered by Sargeras and all so that he could gain actual Titan status against us).

"The Heart also freed an Old God" Something any of our Artifacts could've done had the Naga beaten us in Azsuna. The Tidestone itself also could've freed N'zoth's Prison and sundered the world once more with ease.

Also, the "Mini Demon Soul" thing doesn't mean shit anymore, considering we've dabbled in powers much greater than even that.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you can do it in the game, that doesn't mean you can do it in the lore. There's a reason why the game does what it does.
    May you, at the very least, provide any MODICUM of evidence backing those ridiculous statements?

What proof do you have that the tide stone could shatter an old god’s prison?