Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Which is interesting, because I'm not sure if the other blues even respect Kalec. He had a rival for his position and most blues remain scattered. They generally don't answer his summons or commands, unless they're his personal friends. I also consider Kalec to be unique for a blue, like Ebonhorn is to the black flight. Blue dragons are subconsciously power (mana) hungry and self serving, while he is uncharacteristically very involved with the mortal races and likes to be 'special' (his half elf form for example).

Maybe the blues are a candidate for a neutral split like the black flight?
    That's true about the blues, but when they have worked with mortals, it's been night elves and high elves - not really the horde variants of those (blood elves / nightborne) and given that the highborne and high elves are both alliance allied, even with Kalec a weird one, I dn't see them coing over to us.

Besides, if he brought the flight back together, they'd follow his leading.. he is the aspect of magic, I don't see blizzard choosing another when they power the aspects up. IF the shadowlands leak is correct I suspect Ysera would return as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If Wrathion is the leader of the Black Dragonflight right now, I think they would side with the Alliance. Wrathion was cheering for the Alliance against the Horde during MoP, so I honestly doubt he'd side with Sylvanas, who looks to be "Garrosh 2.0" so far.
    But is he though? With Ebonhorn around, he is merely a pup in comparison. Mayla releases him from his debt to their family, wouldn't he lead the flight? And while Wrathio is friends with Anduin, he has played both factions and helped the horde more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Which is interesting, because I'm not sure if the other blues even respect Kalec. He had a rival for his position and most blues remain scattered. They generally don't answer his summons or commands, unless they're his personal friends. I also consider Kalec to be unique for a blue, like Ebonhorn is to the black flight. Blue dragons are subconsciously power (mana) hungry and self serving, while he is uncharacteristically very involved with the mortal races and likes to be 'special' (his half elf form for example).

Maybe the blues are a candidate for a neutral split like the black flight?
    I know that in alternate reality Kalec made entire Blue Dragonflight fight for the Alliance until they are extinct.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

How about not even thinking of cramming them into these two freakshows.

Dragons see our faction wars as childish, if anything theyd choose their own.

Staying on topic most likely the alliance for all, for reasons being that alexstrasza is probably still salty about being locked up and forced to mate to produce dragon offspring regardless if that was deathwings doing or not

the blue love magic anf the alliance have the most magic oriented society.

The green because the horde is full of nature destroying races such as goblins, and orcs

Black would choose the alliance because the horde is in such chaos and infighting that the alliance seem to be the strongest and the black value strength

The brown, honestly they dont care unless it has to do with time, but they would still most likely ally with the alliance because anduin is a softy and would offer them sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    But is he though? With Ebonhorn around, he is merely a pup in comparison. Mayla releases him from his debt to their family, wouldn't he lead the flight? And while Wrathio is friends with Anduin, he has played both factions and helped the horde more.
    Hence the "if".

Besides, we don't know how the dragonflight's leadership thing works. Is it hereditary? If so, then Wrathion is the leader. Is it 'strong rule the weak'? If so, we don't know, as we don't know the extent of Wrathion's powers or Ebonhorn's.

Hence the "if".

Besides, we don't know how the dragonflight's leadership thing works. Is it hereditary? If so, then Wrathion is the leader. Is it 'strong rule the weak'? If so, we don't know, as we don't know the extent of Wrathion's powers or Ebonhorn's.
    How would make a hereditary dragonflight wrathion the leader? He isn't deathwings son.

If Wrathion is the leader of the Black Dragonflight right now, I think they would side with the Alliance. Wrathion was cheering for the Alliance against the Horde during MoP, so I honestly doubt he'd side with Sylvanas, who looks to be "Garrosh 2.0" so far.
    Yet when help from Dragonflights in imbuing the Heart Forge with power was needed it was Ebyssian that was picked by MOTHER and it was Ebyssian that picked up the mantle of answering the call to protect Azeroth that Neltharion ultimately refused.

Also, Wrathion sided with Garrosh for most of MoP and only changed sides when Garrosh turned almost the entirety of the Horde against him. Sylvanas only turned a handful of Alliance's doormats against her. On top of that Wrathion condemned Varian's unwillingness to do what he thought necessary in a faction conflict and did not continue the war. Do you really think Anduin will be any upgrade over that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    How would make a hereditary dragonflight wrathion the leader? He isn't deathwings son.
    He is Deathwing's grandson.

Hence the "if".

If it's hereditary then Sabellian would be the leader as he's Deathwing's only known remaining child.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

He is Deathwing's grandson.
    And Ebyssian could be his son, we know for a fact that Wrathion isn't deathwings son, Ebonhorn is still very much up for discussion, since he calls deathwing father all the time and him being son of Neltharion makes far more sense, since he could be from the last clutch deathwing sired before his form made it pretty much impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yet when help from Dragonflights in imbuing the Heart Forge with power was needed it was Ebyssian that was picked by MOTHER and it was Ebyssian that picked up the mantle of answering the call to protect Azeroth that Neltharion ultimately refused.
    The Dragonflights are no longer the "protectors" after they lost their Aspect powers. And I don't think Ebonhorn was "picked by MOTHER", more like he was the black dragon closest to the area to investigate the issue (being in Highmountain and all). We don't know what Wrathion is doing or where he is.

Also, Wrathion sided with Garrosh for most of MoP and only changed sides when Garrosh turned almost the entirety of the Horde against him. Sylvanas only turned a handful of Alliance's doormats against her.
    Wrathion's goal was for a unified Azeroth. Sylvanas is not working for a unified Azeroth.

On top of that Wrathion condemned Varian's unwillingness to do what he thought necessary in a faction conflict and did not continue the war. Do you really think Anduin will be any upgrade over that?
    Same as above. Sylvanas goes directly against his goals of a unified Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

And Ebyssian could be his son, we know for a fact that Wrathion isn't deathwings son, Ebonhorn is still very much up for discussion, since he calls deathwing father all the time and him being son of Neltharion makes far more sense, since he could be from the last clutch deathwing sired before his form made it pretty much impossible.
    Wrathion is still part of the direct lineage for the "throne", if leadership is hereditary. As for Ebonhorn, we don't know his relationship to Deathwing, so we cannot assume he is a direct descendant.

Wrathion is still part of the direct lineage for the "throne", if leadership is hereditary. As for Ebonhorn, we don't know his relationship to Deathwing, so we cannot assume he is a direct descendant.
    He constantly calls him father, this is more than enough for discussion.

The Dragonflights are no longer the "protectors" after they lost their Aspect powers. And I don't think Ebonhorn was "picked by MOTHER", more like he was the black dragon closest to the area to investigate the issue (being in Highmountain and all). We don't know what Wrathion is doing or where he is.
    How does Aspects losing their powers translate to them losing their task? Alextrasza said they will still be around to help the world in its time of peril. While Wrathion did the opposite and in his stark incompetence brought the Legion to Azeroth regardless of losing their powers.

Wrathion's goal was for a unified Azeroth. Sylvanas is not working for a unified Azeroth.
    Once Alliance is dismantled as it should be what remains would be pretty unified.

Same as above. Sylvanas goes directly against his goals of a unified Azeroth.
    Doesn't change the fact that Anduin will be completely incapable of continuing the war to the point of subjugating the Horde.

And, again, Sabellian still would be above Wathion in line of succession.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-09-12 at 02:46 PM.

Doesn't Wrathion also call Deathwing "father"?
    "They wanted to hold me, to keep watch over me – a prisoner in all but name. But I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own."
    "I do not share my father's madness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Green. They are the only flight that come close to achieving the things they were tasked with.

Black - All mental.

Blue - Former leader mental, sent flight on genocidal witch hunt. They've been okay, however, since Kalec took over.

Bronze - Leader mental and is the one most responsible for fucking up that which they're pledged to protect. Time.

Red - Protectors of Life? Where were they when Arthas murdered his entire nation or his elven neighbours? Where were they when Archimonde tried to hump the World Tree? The only time the Reds lift a claw is when their own flight is at risk.

Green - Ysera actively tries to help mortals beyond self-preservation and (sort of) lost her life in the line of duty.

EDIT: Oh, you weren't asking which Dragonflight we'd choose! You were asking which faction they'd choose!

Black - Horde
    Red - Alliance
    Blue - Alliance (Kalec is giving Jaina the bad-dragon.com (don't go there!))
    Green - Alliance
    Bronze - Don't care.

I wouldn't want any flight except the Greens being welcomed into either faction. Dragons, for the most part, suck.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2019-09-12 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    If the dragonflights were going to side with the factions, which ones will side with each?

It's tougher than you think.

Green Dragonflight : Taurens and night elves have the strongest druidic traditions, but the pact with the night elf druids is much older than tauren druidsm, and even though the horde has more druid races, we see Greens take night elf humanoid forms and often seen in night elf areas.
    - my guess Alliance

Blue Dragonflight: Arcane wielders is a tough one, you have humans and elves pretty good at this. Especially elves, however with humans, high elves and the returned highborne all on the alliance, I don't think the blood elves compete. The sin'dorei haven't really re-connected with the blues like they did as high elves, to compound things further, the blues have a long standing tradition with the Farondis of Azsuna and nar'thalas academy who end up saving them. The nightborne attacked the blues in Azsuna - even though they were evil ones, which indicates for their time as nightborne, the blues have known them as enemies - although Valtrois and Stellagosa worked well together, the Farondis and blues are more connected, and the night elves have the reverenec for magic they lost in Azshara's day back. While the nightborne do also - the link is stronger.

Finally humans, Kalecgos and a lot of blues take human form, Kalecgos is in love with Jaina too, and has been working with the Kirin'tor, it is said dragons sometimes hid amongst them. While thrall did help the blues, there is not a strong connection to the flight or him with the rest of the orcs, the horde, and nor have the sin'dorei interacted much with them.

- my guess, Alliance, blue is also the colour of the alliance, purple/blue the night/void elves.

Black Dragonflight
    This is also quite tough. The black dragonflight manipulated both horde and alliance, but it was the horde races Deathwing showed his true colours and was able to be most effective. Blackrock clans etc.

On the converse they tend to take the form of humans like the blues, so this may make them prefer the humans. However, in the long run, several recent things have happened. Most of the blackflight is dead, and we have the following:

Wrathion - heavily alliance leaning
    Ebonhorn - heavily horde leaning.

- my guess alliance or shared.

Red Dragonflight
    Well, another tough one, the horde enslaved Alexstrazsa and her brood, so this would set them against them, however, since Thrall's horde,t he relationship has been very very good.

Most of the red interactions has been with horde, Thrall also playing a large role in the book. So post WC2 relations are very different. There have been no really defined alliance interactions post Wc2 with the red flight. I would say thanks to Thrall, the reds lean over to the horde

- my guess, HORDE, red is also the colour of the horde

Bronze Dragonflight
    The most neutral of all the flights.. they do take the form of high elves or gnomes. Though that is more to deal with stopping alliance mages breaking the timeline. Leaning them towards the horde. No reports of blood elves offending the timeline that i know of

Also the nightborne joining the horde with their time magic expertise would make them fit very well with the bronze flight. Although you can view it as the alternative or the alliance answer to that. Also the yellow colour does fit the blood elves hair colours and the zandalari gold colours.

- my guess, Horde - nightborne make the difference

Twilight Flight
    While this is currently hostile to everyone, if it became it's own flight, would be a tough one. The void elves have the void connection, but then so do the Mag'har orcs and the forsaken, while the void elves might be the stronger connection, given the pruple themes of the night elves, void elves and draenei, we'll go with the horde for more void wiedling members. Although someone could counter the night elves black moon group combined with teh void elves is a better match.

The twilight flight has hurt the red flight the most, so I would say that would lean them towards the alliance. Kililng Krasuss too

- my guess, Alliance - both, however maybe alliance leaning?

Nether Flight
    I think these will be horde all the way, but then the horde did try and ensalve them, but you could say that was Illidan's orcs and that they were paying the price for the sins of their father..

If we were to split blacks, and have one half led by Wrathion and one by Ebonhorn, with one of the halves being the Nether dragonflight, , that could work out.

Horde:
    Red flgiht
    Bronze flight
    Nether & Black flight - Ebonhorn half

Alliance
    Green Flight
    Blue flight
    Twilight & Black flight - Wrathion half
    The five dragon flights were created to watch over azeroth. They viewed the scourge as a corruption that was a thread to azeroth and fought against it. Sylvanas is turning the undead slowly into a new scourge and the horde follows here. I don't see why any flight would ally with the horde, as they are fighting life itself now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How does Aspects losing their powers translate to them losing their task?
    "We, dragon aspects, have fulfilled our great purpose, and our ancient power is expended."
    "You are Azeroth's true guardians, and the future of this world, is in your hands. For the dawning of the Age of Mortals has begun."

Alexstrasza's words in the cinematic after you defeat Deathwing. Sounds pretty conclusive.

Once Alliance is dismantled as it should be what remains would be pretty unified.
    By "dismantled" you mean dead. She already practically decimated the night elves. The only "unification" Sylvanas is doing is to unite Azeroth against her.

Doesn't change the fact that Anduin will be completely incapable of continuing the war to the point of subjugating the Horde.
    Better than having everyone dead. Also, who's to say Wrathion, in the end, didn't take the lessons of Pandaria to heart? Remember the pandaren waiter schooling Wrathion at the end of MoP:
    Tong the Fixer says: "He did so to keep the land whole. Living with the mantid for ten thousand years has made us both STRONG."
    Tong the Fixer says: "So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another."

Mm, I can see the Black and Bronze Flights going Horde. The other three would almost certainly lean Alliance.

The Red Flight going Horde would be problematic not just because of the enslavement of Alexstrasza, but one of the Horde’s major playable races is pretty much the antithesis of what the Red Flight is about.

For balance, it would probably be Bronze and Black go Horde, Green and Blue go Alliance, Red stays neutral.

Doesn't Wrathion also call Deathwing "father"?
    "They wanted to hold me, to keep watch over me – a prisoner in all but name. But I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own."
    "I do not share my father's madness."
    And? Does it change the possibility that Ebonhorn could be Deathwings legit child? Not that it really matters, because sabellian is still around, but if Ebonhorn is the legit son it would be a duke out between him and Sabellian.

At the end of the day Wrathions hereditary leadership is in no way secure, heck he is outranked.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Black will go with Wrathion. Honestly any side would be crazy to accept him. His flight probably suits Horde more. Wrathion is the obstacle here. He has a clear Alliance-bias. But he's about as trustworthy as Loki. While he might like the Alliance more in principle, that's never changed his actions before. I'm gonna go with "Whichever side he feels like, at the time."
    An interesting bit, I know the Black Dragonflight is essentially all dead since Wrathion killed off the remaining ones in Cataclysm (aside from the retcon of Ebonhorn who is now alive.) That begs the question, if the Blacks make a come back... wouldn't they technically follow Ebonhorn who is more like what the traditional uncorrupted Black Dragon was rather than a conniving rogue (no pun intended) like Wrathion?