Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why would she lose her role as Forsaken leader though? They're all behind her except the Desolate Council which has basically been obliterated?
    While there was a certain overlap, most notably Vellcinda, the leader, not all those that went to Arathi were with the Council, and not all Council members went to Arathi. They were silent since the Fall of Lordaeron, but that doesn't mean they're completely disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    And what's wrong with that explanation, exactly? I mean, literally everything is "predictable" if you think hard enough about it.
    Keeping information from the audience is almost as bad as giving them false info, and it is rather hard to pull off so the audience doesn't feel cheated. Have you ever read a Poirot novel? I enjoy them a lot, but often Poirot will notice a detail or find a clue that is kept secret from the reader, meaning the reader could never have solved the riddle/crime by carefully studying and reading.

Also, prophecies are an extremly stupid and outplayed deus ex machina.

And last but not least, a good ending doesn't suddenly change a shit story into a good one. It just turns it into a shit story with a good end. A journey should be enjoyable from start to finish. Hiiking through the desert barefoot in underwear made out of sand paper for three days with a nice comfy bed and drinks at the end still makes for a shitty experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Keeping information from the audience is almost as bad as giving them false info, and it is rather hard to pull off so the audience doesn't feel cheated. Have you ever read a Poirot novel? I enjoy them a lot, but often Poirot will notice a detail or find a clue that is kept secret from the reader, meaning the reader could never have solved the riddle/crime by carefully studying and reading.

Also, prophecies are an extremly stupid and outplayed deus ex machina.

And last but not least, a good ending doesn't suddenly change a shit story into a good one. It just turns it into a shit story with a good end. A journey should be enjoyable from start to finish. Hiiking through the desert barefoot in underwear made out of sand paper for three days with a nice comfy bed and drinks at the end still makes for a shitty experience.
    People's opinion on BFA aren't united..like at all. Hiding the information in a situation where the good stuff is datamining(Not like a novel) and people know what happens is well a very unique situation. We're all used to knowing whats coming up and start speculating the future. Now we're in the dark for once...in like forever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People's opinion on BFA aren't united..like at all. Hiding the information in a situation where the good stuff is datamining(Not like a novel) and people know what happens is well a very unique situation. We're all used to knowing whats coming up and start speculating the future. Now we're in the dark for once...in like forever.
    I think this would work well if the expectations wouldn't be as low as they are now when it comes to the story. I mean are the players / we really expecting much from Sylvanas storyline at this point?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-09-12 at 10:19 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Have we even heard anything about a possible 8.3 Raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Have we even heard anything about a possible 8.3 Raid?
    The fish slide from Blizzcon and the comment about "the 8.2 cinematic reveals the final boss of BfA", that's it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think that Stormwind is the final raid in 8.3.

Muffinus tweets are building up hype:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/

"Keeping this hidden was a fun challenge, hope you enjoy it " (re: War Campaign conclusion)

"The revolution will not be datamined."

The way he phrases the first one seems to imply we're getting it soon.
    Last edited by Rae888; 2019-09-12 at 11:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Muffinus tweets are building up hype:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/

"Keeping this hidden was a fun challenge, hope you enjoy it " (re: War Campaign conclusion)

"The revolution will not be datamined."
    "revolution" hum

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I've long thought that the final "Allied Race" of BfA was going to be the other faction. That is, Horde would have Alliance races as choices and vice versa.

Would make for a fantastic throw-in to whatever pre-order bonuses might be getting set up already
    I don't know why I never thought of that.. Oh, wait, because that makes no sense. Of course not like a Nightborne in Outland makes sense either.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    so, there is no way to decipher the encrypted stuff? we will have to wait until things are live?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    PTR is not for testing though, it's for publicity.
    I have the impression all open beta phases are for publicity.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

No way these encrypted cinematics are nothing other than new ones.

You guys are nucking futs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't know why I never thought of that.. Oh, wait, because that makes no sense. Of course not like a Nightborne in Outland makes sense either.
    Depends on the story they are trying to tell. If Blizz is trying to fully enforce that this Alliance/Horde war is over and done with, that would be a pretty solid way to do so which would in turn still keep the factions around in some fashion.

I feel sorry for wow as retail is losing hope fast. Especially with the encryption stuff.

The fact we are getting a revolution this patch doesnt surprise me in the least.

Also confused as i thought PTR would at least have gotten a release thing at login screen but nope.

End of the War Campaign doesn't mean the end of the Sylvanas threat either. It just means there no more AvH. Sylvanas is going to become the big bad or a minion of the big bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    End of the War Campaign doesn't mean the end of the Sylvanas threat either. It just means there no more AvH. Sylvanas is going to become the big bad or a minion of the big bad.
    Thanks captain obvious.

AvH should continue, just not being the main focus.
    by that I mean instead of having major focus it should just be Alliance wants to get an edge against the horde and the other way around.
    This can be presented as subplots.
    But we will probably end up with soyfang with Alliance Panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Thanks captain obvious.
    You're welcome.

It is so obvious people wouldn't be saying it debunks the Shadowlands leak.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    AvH should continue, just not being the main focus.
    by that I mean instead of having major focus it should just be Alliance wants to get an edge against the horde and the other way around.
    This can be presented as subplots.
    just like cata, but people are obnoxious to think its 8 or 80, full faction war or end of the factions and unification.