Each passing week i doubt more and more we will get a WoW expansion at blizzcon.

I can only see them announcing 8.3 at blizzcon if there will be such a patch at this point.

Especially because well we dont know anything about the future.

Aside from that there will be a 9.0 coz else they would have fixed all the classes and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just like cata, but people are obnoxious to think its 8 or 80, full faction war or end of the factions and unification.
    cata did it fine, it wasnt a main focus in cata. Raiding and endgame stuff was related to deathwing etc and world threats. instead of war between the factions.

There were skirmishes and battles. but it wasnt main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Each passing week i doubt more and more we will get a WoW expansion at blizzcon.

I can only see them announcing 8.3 at blizzcon if there will be such a patch at this point.

Especially because well we dont know anything about the future.

Aside from that there will be a 9.0 coz else they would have fixed all the classes and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

cata did it fine, it wasnt a main focus in cata. Raiding and endgame stuff was related to deathwing etc and world threats. instead of war between the factions.

There were skirmishes and battles. but it wasnt main focus.
    8.3 can be revealed in streams. And yes, there will be such a patch since by Jesus Christ are you people incapable of reasoning? If 8.2.5 was literally the end of this expansion, it would have been revealed as such LONG ago, with 8.2 wrapping up rather than building. The reveal of 8.2 literally ended with "and beyond".

Blizzcon will have 9.0, in keeping with every damned Blizzcon cycle that's ever been. I'll look forward to the deafening silence from the crowd spouting nonsense though, until they restart the same old mental gymnastics for 9.0 and beyond.

Dude classic can take away the focus for 6 months going forwards while they develop 9.0.

After the failure of 2018 blizzcon there is no way they don't announce 9.0 this time around. I expect them to go all out.

imagine if the next two expansions 9.0 and 10.0 are revealed. the content of 9.0 and just the title of 10.0 to hype everyone
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    imagine if the next two expansions 9.0 and 10.0 are revealed. the content of 9.0 and just the title of 10.0 to hype everyone
    Why would they even do this... 10.0 would instantly overshadow 9.0.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    just like cata, but people are obnoxious to think its 8 or 80, full faction war or end of the factions and unification.
    Blizzard isn't good at subtlety. They tend to paint with broad strokes. Although really the true question is do Horde and Alliance go back to small skirmishes (no change) or will there be a true unification (like not just the warning Varian gave to Vol'jin type one).

Also so fucken glad that we get the conclusion to the War Campaign and to me it basically debunks the dumbass leaks we've been getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Blizzard isn't good at subtlety. They tend to paint with broad strokes. Although really the true question is do Horde and Alliance go back to small skirmishes (no change) or will there be a true unification (like not just the warning Varian gave to Vol'jin type one).

Also so fucken glad that we get the conclusion to the War Campaign and to me it basically debunks the dumbass leaks we've been getting.
    It wouldn't surprise me if we went back to this faction nonsense in the distant future(Earthtime not Azeroth time). I'm not so certain Blizzard themselves want to close that door for good. If they do, I don't know how it will happen, it could be nothing like we think(Saurfang might die to something else instead of faction..nonsense).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Muffinus tweets are building up hype:

The way he phrases the first one seems to imply we're getting it soon.
    Makes me think it's coming soon too. Maybe my end of Sept/early Oct will hold true!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If they do, I don't know how it will happen, it could be nothing like we think(Saurfang might die to something else instead of faction..nonsense).
    Yeah it's still murky (heh), other than Saurfang dying tho. It would surprise me more if he DIDN'T die. It feels like they've been foreshadowing/building it up so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    but in cata was fine, even in MOP, there was ton of faction conflict but was something for sidequests, the plot was mroe about pandaria itself, the shas, the enemies there, only in 5.4 they fucked up because they tried to put the conflict and union in the spotlight

every time they try to focus on it it goes to shit, knowing that, they can continue to do like before, small skirmishes, sidequests, and we can stop banging together for good.

war campaign ending don't mean the "war" will end there, 8.3 still could be H/A together against sylvanus after she conquer stormwind, or n'zoth with shadowlands stuff like argus

either way it look it will be shit

The end of the Alliance/Horde faction conflict in 8.2.5 is a little earlier than I expected, but I'm still holding to my prediction, as it didn't require the Alliance/Horde conflict in 8.3 for the things to happen. I even expected the faction war would end in questing and have no importance in the final raid...
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    but in cata was fine, even in MOP, there was ton of faction conflict but was something for sidequests, the plot was mroe about pandaria itself, the shas, the enemies there, only in 5.4 they fucked up because they tried to put the conflict and union in the spotlight

every time they try to focus on it it goes to shit, knowing that, they can continue to do like before, small skirmishes, sidequests, and we can stop banging together for good.
    Was Horde / Alliance even a focus in Cata? It seemed like it just existed and the focus was on the dragons and stopping deathwing. MoP was strange cuz it tried to do a little "Horde/Alliance cause destruction themselves, but also being adversaries is what makes each stronger in unity" or some shit like that. Like you said it couldn't settle on what it wanted to do.

I believe the whole cinematic with Thrall saying, "but what's different this time" was exactly said because that's how many players feel ("what's gonna make it different for us to unite if we go back to fighting again all over").

It just remains to be seen if they decide to follow through with it or if they do a final "there can never be peace between Horde/Alliance" type thing.
    war campaign ending don't mean the "war" will end there, 8.3 still could be H/A together against sylvanus after she conquer stormwind, or n'zoth with shadowlands stuff like argus
    The War Campaign has been about Horde vs Alliance so if they're uniting then yes - the War Campaign - is indeed reaching its end.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, Shadowlands leak said there's going to be a comic come October so it'll either be proven or debunked in October.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt its "There can be no peace" unless its Tyrande because.................well I don't need to say it, how they handle that part of it....since it's 8.2.5 Tyrande may not be involved at all...or....she's overruled(Possibly Malfurion actually saying to stand down but Tyrande much like in WCIII is like "NO ONLY ELUNE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO."

If the war went through 8.3 I half expected Tyrande to do something drastic on her own(Much like how she went on her own to do the Night warrior thing). I do predict we'll know by next week.............maybe

This post will probably age....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I really wonder what exactly will happen in this patch. What events.

There's so much I hope they'd cover, but I really doubt it.

How long will this campaign be? Will it have anything important for the Alliance or will it be mostly Horde-centric with Alliance sidekicks?

I think some sure things we will have: find out who manipulated Vol'jin to make Sylvanas Warchief, and find out least a glimpse of Sylvanas' endgame.

Aside from that, I'm afraid we may have another "Siege of Orgrimmar" with the Horde retaking the city yet again.

I doubt Sylvanas' story is done in it. She will escape or go on her own, with her plot continuing in 8.3.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Was Horde / Alliance even a focus in Cata?
    thats the point, it was not the focus, thats why it was good and enjoyable, it happened in between the events as a side thing, like twilight highlands the focus was the twilight hammer, Sinestra(?) and the twilight dragons, but we had HxA with the dragonmaw clan and the wildhammer dwarves
    The War Campaign has been about Horde vs Alliance so if they're uniting then yes - the War Campaign - is indeed reaching its end.
    like i said, yes, it would mean the HxA ended, but, not the "war", we would go "H&A x Sylvanas" or x N'zoth, that could be the subject of 8.3
    Btw, Shadowlands leak said there's going to be a comic come October so it'll either be proven or debunked in October.
    it did? i didn't even remember that, but not imposible
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-13 at 03:08 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    it did? i didn't even remember that, but not imposible
    Yup, right here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-Cinematic

Patch 8.3:
    >The last boss of BfA was indeed shown in the Azshara defeat cinematic, but it's more metaphorical than people realize. The last boss is us: Alliance & Horde, as indicated by the last shot of Jaina and Lor'themar. Azshara and N'Zoth are both bosses in the next expansion. We won't be facing them again (at least physically) in BfA.
    >Sylvanas will prepare a strike against Thunder Bluff, tricking both the Alliance and Horde into defending it. During this distraction, she will invade and conquer Stormwind. The latter will be explained through a comic released in October.
    >It has always been the plan to finish the expansion with a raid-version of Stormwind. Therefore, patch 8.3 includes a 10-boss raid within Elwynn and the city itself, along with a complementary, all-new 40-player battleground.
    So truly, we don't have to wait for patch 8.3 datamining. Just wait till October to know if it's true or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    How long will this campaign be?
    I should probably finish the 8.2 campaign then :/ I've only been trying to work through BfA Pathfinder (3 more emissaries left for Naz, and I think 8 or less dailies left for Mechagon).

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You wouldn't be, because canceling the rest of BfA wouldn't do anything for moving 9.0 up.

All that'd achieve is making BfA's post final patch drought longer. You'd just make your misery worse.
    You are giving in to something like Stockholm Syndrome. "Blizzard has to keep kicking us or things will be worse!".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    You are giving in to something like Stockholm Syndrome. "Blizzard has to keep kicking us or things will be worse!".
    Kicking makes it sound like your's is the better option.

Cutting the hyperbole, the choice is "You get another major patch worth of bad content," or "You get nothing for at least the next 11 months."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You don't just cut development time on a new expansion by a year or even half a year. If BfA doesn't run its course 9.0 will just be even worse.
    Seriously, anyone who hopes BfA ends with no 8.3 patch doesn't understand how game development works.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    If they really are doing a level squish, the new cap will probably be 60. It's such an iconic number, representative of a fresh start and the beginning of a new adventure. No way in hell Blizzard isn't going to use this to their advantage in terms of marketing, hype, etc.

One thing is for certain though, it definitely won't be an uneven number.
    60 makes the progression feel too off.
    you will have the cap at 60 in BfA before the launch though because while it being the new cap "seems" nicer....the reality is it is much easier and leads to fewer complaints when the simpler solution is used.

scaling tech allows 65 to still have the same feel as the 10 level run that people have enjoyed and the rewards for those levels definitely make each one feel meaningful compared to now where we have 20 levels of nothing.

once 10.0 launches we get another 5 and 11.0 combines previous two expansions leveling