Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skaarlaw View Post
    Yes, anybody who is high enough level for their character's level to be red would beat a rogue.

/s
    Rouges are overpowdered.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Whoever said 100-0 is clearly exaggerating. It definitely doesn't break "on a sneeze" though. Yesterday I went from 100%-60% in one fear. I've had other situations too where I've taken at least 10-15% in a fear. This is all pre-60 though, I can't remember if it's different at max level.

Warlocks definitely have game against non-UD rogues in a 1v1.
    Its how big he individual hits are. The DoTs at low level dont hit that hard (i think my rank 4 corruption hits for all of like 30), so itll last quite a bit longer.

An Amped Agony though, will break it almost immediately. You have to choose between loading them up with DoTs or fearing them, theyre somewhat mutually exclusive.

Still useful for breaking spellcasts, though, or just geting a few seconds of relief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    SL locks shouldn't be much different.
    SL PvP builds didn't get a lot of attention at the end of Vanilla because the changes/overhaul to demo came so late and Destro and Aff were already entrenched, so people dont remember how much of a terror an SL PvP build can be.

Now that we're in Classic, where TBC isn't a few months away, its going to be a LOT more common.... and its a holy terror.

You dont even need to use Fear to beat a rogue as the 20/31/0 PvP build... no Rogue can do enough damage to kill you before your DoTs kill him. Its effectively (with Fel Dom) ~16K HP they have to beat through, while getting pounded on by a Voidwalker who actually hits decently hard and Dots and drains (and spammed fire spells to bait the kick - eiither kick them, or eat chained Searing Pain to the face).

Its EXTREMELY slow to kill anyone (in fact, if they choose to run away, you CANT kill them) but you're basically invincible.

I wished I cared about anything in BFA as much as I do about this subject in Classic, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    SL PvP builds didn't get a lot of attention at the end of Vanilla because the changes/overhaul to demo came so late and Destro and Aff were already entrenched, so people dont remember how much of a terror an SL PvP build can be.

Now that we're in Classic, where TBC isn't a few months away, its going to be a LOT more common.... and its a holy terror.

You dont even need to use Fear to beat a rogue as the 20/31/0 PvP build... no Rogue can do enough damage to kill you before your DoTs kill him. Its effectively (with Fel Dom) ~16K HP they have to beat through, while getting pounded on by a Voidwalker who actually hits decently hard and Dots and drains (and spammed fire spells to bait the kick - eiither kick them, or eat chained Searing Pain to the face).

Its EXTREMELY slow to kill anyone (in fact, if they choose to run away, you CANT kill them) but you're basically invincible.
    I ran SL/SL in BC with the succubus out. Can confirm I hardly ever used fear, seduction on the other hand...
    1 on 1 is basically not even a challenge for that build, easy to take on 2 people. Looking forward to some mayhem in Classic and seeing how differently the lock plays here.

None. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I wished I cared about anything in BFA as much as I do about this subject in Classic, lol.
    The only thing i care about in BFA is when is it going to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    What classes can beat rogues in Classic or even stand a chance against them ?
    All of them.... and none.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Until pvp tinkets are out, then every lock is pretty much rocked.
    Warlock PvP trinket breaks Charm, Fear and Poly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

Do any of you people know that Improved Sprint exists?

Just a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    It's not based off the class, its the skill of the player btw. Take a crappy rog vs a skilled *insert class here* It's a no brainer. Pin a skilled rogue against any unskilled player, another no brainer.
    Thats Sarcasm?
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Warriors, lol at people sayin paladin in this thread. They maybe can survive a lil bit longer but theres no way they can outdps a rogue.
    You've clearly never seen a Paladin with full reckoning stacks. You use a shield until the Rogue finishes their opener, use HoJ, then switch to a two hander and turn around. A Paladin can often times one-shot a Rogue.

Skip to about 1:24 in this video, the Paladin takes out about 80% of the Rogues health instantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Iqp3XWfWk

My answer: Reckoning Paladin, but you have to spec very far down the prot tree to get it.

Early on (just at 60 and not sure what patch) i use to crush rogues on my arms warrior, although good rogues would gouge kite into stealth or kidney shot and thats pretty impossible to handle if you dont resist a stun. then i started tanking and once i got t2 a rogue simply could not do anything to me at all. once i got thunderfury i could win practically any 1v1 melee matchup. Badass dps warriors were hard to kill.

i remember having a geared ambush backstab rogue (t2 and perditions/core hound tooth, maybe slightly better) and a disc priest with good shield cooldowns wouldnt .. beat me? but i couldnt kill them if the opener didnt 100-0 them

edit: while playing a rogue i felt pretty invincible with all my cd's
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Shadowpriests, Frostmages, Warriors, Hunters..
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    Warlock PvP trinket breaks Charm, Fear and Poly.
    He meant that the classes warlocks already have problems with, basically ALL of heir trinkets break fear.

Against warriors, it makes them basically immune to fear for the common PvP specs as they often have Deathwish in addition to Berserker Rage, which with the trink = 3 breaks, meaning they can go immune due to DR without ever having to sit a fear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You've clearly never seen a Paladin with full reckoning stacks. You use a shield until the Rogue finishes their opener, use HoJ, then switch to a two hander and turn around. A Paladin can often times one-shot a Rogue.

Skip to about 1:24 in this video, the Paladin takes out about 80% of the Rogues health instantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Iqp3XWfWk

My answer: Reckoning Paladin, but you have to spec very far down the prot tree to get it.
    Reck is also not working right now. Its not gaining stacks, merely instantly resetting the swing timer and adding a second AA.

Don't forget Thistle Tea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Do any of you people know that Improved Sprint exists?

Just a question.
    lol I mentioned it earlier, I don't think people know about it.

imo, let's keep is secret.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-09-13 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Hunter/Shaman/Paladins (especially Protection)

- - - Updated - - -

You sound salty. Do you play on a PvE server?
    Why would they say any of that if they were on a PVE server? Lmfao
    Mighty one, never forget.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nope.

Paladins don't have the DPS to kill a rogue before the rogue kills you.
    Apparently you've never saw a paladin using ret aura. Between improved ret aura, eye for an eye, redout, shield specialization, blessing of sanctuary, and holy shield (all which can be picked up by 1 paladin in a 0/31/19 build) you've got yourself a rogue who is literally beating himself to death with the paladin doing nothing but cleansing himself as needed and maybe throwing a judgement and/or hammer out.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Apparently you've never saw a paladin using ret aura.
    yeah man, that ~25 damage per hit is totally going to kill a rogue with 3000+ health

fucking lol

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Between improved ret aura, eye for an eye, redout, shield specialization, blessing of sanctuary, and holy shield (all which can be picked up by 1 paladin in a 0/31/19 build)
    holy shield only has 4 charges, and isn't 100% block chance
    the rest are negligible

I mained paladin for the entirety of N****dale, paladin does not counter rogue at all; at best you hope that he doesn't sprint away and reset the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nope.

Paladins don't have the DPS to kill a rogue before the rogue kills you.
    Unless you're horrible a rouge will never kill you, that was one of the perks of being a pally. Hell There where times where you could survive a 1v2 with them fairly easily, and before you say no way, I personally did it multiple times back in the day. the truble they had is they do piss all for damage VS you and of the 2 classes you are the one with a heal.

I have been having fun in classic dueling rogues 3-4 levels above me.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-09-13 at 05:32 AM.

Pretty much all classes have a good shot against rogues in classic, as they don't have all the immunities/heals that they have in retail. Some casters probably have the hardest time against rogues, but it's usually a function of who gets the drop on who. As a Feral I can wreck rogues pretty easily, especially if I get the opener due to Faerie Fire, bleeds, and being a hybrid for dispels/heals and offensive/utility spells in some cases.

In general, this is one of the aspects of classic that I like compared to retail: the arms race for CC's/immunities and self-healing hasn't begun. Also, abilities tend to have much longer cooldowns, so you aren't constantly dealing with high uptime of defensive/offensive power from classes with small windows of actually being able to turn the tide of battle. It's a case of Blizz making things so convenient that it causes massive power and balancing issues as a result, which is why there are many things that turn me off about retail PvP.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville