The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shitposter View Post
    You are absolutely correct.

I had no idea whether "Age of Awakening" is real or fake until I saw this laughable "Chinese" translation.

NO ONE who excels at Chinese would translate the "Age" in this case into "年龄",
    because it doesn't make any sense at all.

We who know Chinese very well will definitely translate the "Age" in this case into "时代",
    or sometimes "年代" which is closer to "era", and we'll also tend to not use the "的" in the middle,
    because using "的" feels too colloquial.

"觉醒时代" or "觉醒年代" are what its Chinese name will likely be if this "Age of Awakening" is real.
    Smells like someone put their fake name into Google Translate and just used copy/pasta, completely forgetting that there's a reason Google Translate is so unreliable translating to Asian languages.

I bet this "leaker" is under the age of 18.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think the infamous Shadowlands leak just got thoroughly debunked by the latest PTR build. Same for a Black Empire expansion. If we're dealing with Sylvanas in 8.2.5, that points pretty strongly to N'zoth being 8.3.
    I still want next expansion to be about the Dragon Isles, with maybe Shadowlands stuff as a side plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    I think the infamous Shadowlands leak just got thoroughly debunked by the latest PTR build. Same for a Black Empire expansion. If we're dealing with Sylvanas in 8.2.5, that points pretty strongly to N'zoth being 8.3.
    I still want next expansion to be about the Dragon Isles, with maybe Shadowlands stuff as a side plot.
    Yeah Shadowlands is pretty much dead leak walking pending those cinematics dropping. Only way it has any real hope now is if 8.3's been scrapped.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah Shadowlands is pretty much dead leak walking pending those cinematics dropping. Only way it has any real hope now is if 8.3's been scrapped.
    It has no hope. Question is, do we have any hope? To find anything mineable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It has no hope. Question is, do we have any hope? To find anything mineable?
    In this patch no way. 8.3 maybe but it may not hit the PTR until after Blizzcon specifically to avoid a mess like last time.

5+ Year Old Account
    In this patch no way. 8.3 maybe but it may not hit the PTR until after Blizzcon specifically to avoid a mess like last time.
    Crap. That will slow down speculations. But maybe. Just maybe it will lead to more surprised when BlizzCon comes. I mean we expected Kul Tiras, Zandalar, and all sorts of Void Elf related stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Crap. That will slow down speculations. But maybe. Just maybe it will lead to more surprised when BlizzCon comes. I mean we expected Kul Tiras, Zandalar, and all sorts of Void Elf related stuff.
    Honestly as soon as we get our hands on the end of the War Campaign there's gonna be a lot of speculation to go around.

Since that, it seems, will blow up all current leaks. Yes, even Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    world revamp and lv squish will not fix things, what the game need is a time skip of at minimal 10 years or more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    world revamp and lv squish will not fix things, what the game need is a time skip of at minimal 10 years or more
    Nah. That's a bandaid fix for a bigger problem.

Whaf the game needs is to stop the sequel escalation that's been going out of control since WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah. That's a bandaid fix for a bigger problem.

Whaf the game needs is to stop the sequel escalation that's been going out of control since WoD.
    and a timeskip will fix that and will fix shitloads of other problems

Level squish, world revamp & time skip is what the games needs. It would allow them to reboot the game some what.

10+ Year Old Account
    and a timeskip will fix that and will fix shitloads of other problems
    Or its time to fix the Exodar and ride off to fight more literal gods.

Wouldn’t a time-skip almost demand a world revamp, and level squish has no bearing on a time-skip?

Time-skip would bring about thousands of questions, I can see one happening, but 5 years seems to be the most plausible and that only brings it down to hundred of questions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Wouldn’t a time-skip almost demand a world revamp, and level squish has no bearing on a time-skip?
    thats what im saying, world revamp alone will do nothing, we need timeskip for things to make sense, and that would mean the world revamp.

Lv squish is unnecessary, its just numbers

Time-skip would bring about thousands of questions, I can see one happening, but 5 years seems to be the most plausible and that only brings it down to hundred of questions.
    thousand of questions is what we need, mysteries, plots, new threats, new characters, new enemies

Lv squish is unnecessary, its just numbers
    Imagine being this shortsighted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Imagine being this shortsighted.
    go on, expand my sight

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Level squish, world revamp & time skip is what the games needs. It would allow them to reboot the game some what.
    Which is why I wish they'd just go for WoW2. Levels would be restarted, a world revamp included. Have it happen 10-15 years later, make better graphics engine with better character customization (maybe even with actual windows), go with some more realistic faction system (A+H should've already falled apart twice or thrice) and rid of the anachronisms from Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

go on, expand my sight
    Considering how long it takes to reach the last expansion and the endgame is the reason why XP on sub-last levels is constantly reduced, so the leveling time doesn't pile up too much for fresh characters with each expansion - and the reason why leveling became meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would love a time skip for Azeroth but if it was up to me, I would not just do a straight up time skip. I'd rather do an adventure in another world, WoD style, in which our contact with Azeroth will by lore be severed and then when we come back it would be several years later.

But what I will reiterate. I do not want them to do a World Revamp only for the Revamp to bring us to a world in crisis like in Cataclysm because then we'd be stuck in that crisis (which would be resolved by that expansion's end) for the next decade.

An alternative to a world revamp would be a world that is DESTROYED. If e.g. N'zoth floods the world, we could have a Black Empire expansion in a world with much fewer zones than the current one (because flooding).
    I think the best revamp solution is just.... peacecraft.

I know, "Warcraft means WAR!" but come on people it's that mindset that's put us on this path of endless revolving doors of faction war and cosmic gods that decided they wanted to piss on Azeroth today. What we need at this point is just to take a few steps back and make a starting experience that is just that, a starting point. Not dumping you in the middle of a crisis, handing you a legendary sword, and going "you're our only hope now, Luke."

go on, expand my sight
    Ion has stated that Blizzard would like to reduce the amount of time needed to reach current content, and that a level squish would be the way to achieve that. So no, not just numbers. Congratulations on your new & expanded sight.
    Last edited by Frood; 2019-09-13 at 06:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Ion has stated that Blizzard would like to reduce the amount of levels needed to reach current content, and that a level squish would be a way to achieve that. So no, not just numbers. Congratulations on your new & expanded sight.
    they could just make the damn lv faster, so you get to the current content faster duh

just cutting numbers but you spend the same time to get to the current lv, what a great idea, nothing will change