Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Facts prove you wrong, your reasoning is false.
    You're just saying "Nuh uh, BC was hard because mechanical details."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So vanilla is harder if you ignore the difficulty settings?
    They cant comprehend that the game has changed towards their needs.

In their tiny low knowledge/skill mind they cant understand many things, you will never get anywhere talking to some particular people.

I think its a pride thing that they cant accept some things like the fact has so many difficulties to enable them to learn slowly rather than being forced to if they cant.

Its the logic of..I dont know? Their pace? Their choice? Or something like that, they dont care that they didnt even get to see half of the expansion cause they finally managed to clear tier 1 raid/instance , 1 month before WoTLK launch, its their achievement and no one will take that memory for them.

But if you tell them something like "Ah, you were supposed to clear Karazhan 15 months ago...Wait did you clear it with Sunwell badge gear?".

You get my point.

Now they know that the is a difficulty setting, and they choose to ignore the harder with whatever excuse they can find.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-09-13 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Vanilla is shit man, just admit it and stop trying to lie to everyone.
    Do you live in a cave? Are you unaware of the success that is WoW Classic? I pity you for having access to so many resources and using it to project your denial onto a forum instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Pretty much, thats the argument they will use, ignoring everything thats harder in retail, classic is harder, well no shit sherlock.
    Ofc you have to ignore difficulty settings. New difficulty do not add new content. If you beat Azashara in LFR you beated Azashara. it diesnt matter which mod you killed her. You finished content. It is over done.and finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Ofc you have to ignore difficulty settings. New difficulty do not add new content. If you beat Azashara in LFR you beated Azashara. it diesnt matter which mod you killed her. You finished content. It is over done.and finished.
    I know this post lacks braincells but ill bite anyways, @potis summarized it pretty much, classic gives you the illusion that you are somehow good cause you completed a raid, despite you being late af to the party (completing molten core when proper raiders are already done with AQ for example) since thats the only difficulty available, but in reality you as a player are mediocre, thats why people like you cant handle retail, cause they are fine with the lowest setting "hurr durr i completed the content m8, i killed azshara LFR".
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2019-09-13 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    You're just saying "Nuh uh, BC was hard because mechanical details."
    I provided the facts in the part of the quote you conveniently omitted. Guess it says it all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the same logic, if you bought a carry back in Vanilla - which did happen - you also saw the content. Doesn't matter if you didn't do shit and didn't contribute to a kill. People who are satisfied with LFR don't care about the difficulty, so it's a meaningless example anyway. You want to be challenged, you go for Cutting Edge, which is harder than anything Classic has to offer.

I know this post lacks braincells but ill bite anyways, @potis summarized it pretty much, classic gives you the illusion that you are somehow good cause you completed a raid, despite you being late af to the party (completing molten core when proper raiders are already done with AQ for example), cause in reality you as a player are mediocre, thats why people like you cant handle retail, cause they are fine with the lowest setting "hurr durr i completed the content m8, i killed azshara LFR".
    Your answer completely miss the point he made. You're not even bothering to address his reasoning, you just repeat some derogatory judgements. Ad hominem isn't an argument.

Notice that I don't even necessarily entirely agree with his point. I just don't see your answer having any relevance to it.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-09-13 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    By the same logic, if you bought a carry back in Vanilla - which did happen - you also saw the content. Doesn't matter if you didn't do shit and didn't contribute to a kill. People who are satisfied with LFR don't care about the difficulty, so it's a meaningless example anyway. You want to be challenged, you go for Cutting Edge, which is harder than anything Classic has to offer.
    Ofc if bough carry and clear content you finished game. Nobady cares about challenge. People just want to see anf experience content. Retail have asy mods. Press button and you wint classic do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Your answer completely miss the point he made. You're not even bothering to address his reasoning, you just repeat some derogatory judgements. Ad hominem isn't an argument.
    What point? he didnt make a point, he just ignores the highest difficulty cause it fits his narrative, thats what classic players do.

What point? he didnt make a point, he just ignores the highest difficulty cause it fits his narrative, thats what classic players do.
    And your answers are different in how ? You just ignored his point because it doesn't fit your narrative and then threw some insults as if they were a counterpoint.

Also, "that's what classic players do" is just downright low-level trolling, and you just use it as a pretext to not having to even bother to try to understand his point. Don't look down on people when you are doing yourself what you accuse them of.

His point is that if you've seen a boss, then you've seen the content, and the difficulty level doesn't erase the fact you already saw the content. You can disagree with this and make counter-arguments, but that's not what you've done, you've just relied on being insulting.

Ofc if bough carry and clear content you finished game. Nobady cares about challenge. People just want to see anf experience content. Retail have asy mods. Press button and you wint classic do not.
    Now im gonna explain you why your post is stupid and you contradict yourself, read slowly ok?

Nobody cares about challenge -> False, people do care, but you do you.
    If you buy a carry and you clear the content you finished the game -> False again, people have diff standards for when they can be satisfied with the game to consider it "done".
    People just want to see and experience the content -> This is the hilarious one, you want to see and experience the content? yet just a tiny part of vanilla ever set foot on Naxx, way to go for everyone to experience the content right? guess what blizz did to adress this, in case you cant guess, LFR, so this point you made is a walking meme.

Maybe next time try to come up with something better.

"The top 0.1% of players cleared the raid super fast! OBVIOUSLY IT'S NOT HARD!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bac8YDHFvFY

This guy beat Dark Souls in 32 minutes. Can we all agree that Dark Souls is not a hard game?

that's what you sound like, OP

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If nobody cared about challenge, nobody would raid anything above normal - and only because LFR is gated and not immediately accessible. This is obviously false, as thousands of guilds are taking part in mythic raiding, at various levels of progress.

The only difference is that people who don't want that sort of challenge are not limited to 5 man content, not having an option of even seeing raid bosses wihout getting destroyed by trash mobs. The way I see it, everyone wins... well, except for people who care that someone else "won" against training mode Azshara and probably has 40ilvl less than them.

How come nobody cares about the challenge? Why are there hard modes in the first place then? By your logic, mythic guild don't care about the challenge, they only care about content. So why do they raid after clearing heroic or Normal? Can you see how false your logic is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ppl just dont get what "harder" meaning. In retail you can pug cutting edge with randoms. Many ppl even do progress with randoms. But in vanilla you CANT do that. Especially when Naxx came. In retail you can bring any friend, lvl up him and gear up within 1 week to mythic level. But in Vanilla this process takes MONTHS. You need to make Naxx progress that require specific gear. Some events like 4 horsmans require 8 (eight!!!) GEARED tanks! Can you explain where you can get this amount? Even if gearing average tank required months? You have 2-3 geared tanks. Others guilds too. Well, while you gear up another 5-6 tanks it takes months again. with NO progress. Cos you are stacked here. And this process require high amount of alchemy that cost A LOT. Same with repair bills. No dailys that give you free gold. You can get only few silvers from mobs that you kill, thats all. Plus some green trash with some luck. So you do zero progress for months and just gearing tanks but wasting tons of gold. What ppl do? Right! They are f** leaving. Because tired from this shit. And some of this ppl can be your geared tanks. So you have to start process from zero and again start to gear them up. Vanilla was hard cos its required STABLE and highly motivated group who are rdy to work for nothing just to get a chance to get something without defined time. Vanilla is about organization. And thats why it was intresting and ppl love it. Retail is more about spinal reflex that have any monkey. Just repeat something 1000 times with any retards and you get it. But organize and motivate 40+ ppl for stable raiding that gives them only repair bills aint simple task. Also you are limited by ppl who play on this realm. So retail pretty ez because you can get any top progress during season with randoms. Yes, this ppl required some exp and instincts above average. But that never was a problem actually. Especially with x-realms.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    How come nobody cares about the challenge? Why are there hard modes in the first place then? By your logic, mythic guild don't care about the challenge, they only care about content. So why do they raid after clearing heroic or Normal? Can you see how false your logic is?
    I guess it's time to use the "but only 1% of people do mythic" excuse ... even though there's almost 5k guilds, so around 100k people. Not so insignificant, as it turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Ppl just dont get what "harder" meaning. In retail you can pug cutting edge with randoms.
    Yeah, I remember all those Mythic Uu'nat pugs spamming LFM in /general. Blizzard should really do something about it, these end bosses are far too easy, nothing like Classic. And just look at all those Azshara kills - 100 out of 120+ is just random pugs. What a disgrace.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-09-13 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Ppl just dont get what "harder" meaning. In retail you can pug cutting edge with randoms.
    Too bad i cant react with twitch emotes to this, cause this deserves a LUL and LULW spam.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "The top 0.1% of players cleared the raid super fast! OBVIOUSLY IT'S NOT HARD!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bac8YDHFvFY

This guy beat Dark Souls in 32 minutes. Can we all agree that Dark Souls is not a hard game?

that's what you sound like, OP
    Exactly.

Like a lot of people have been saying since before classic released - a lot of the difficult(of MC at least) is going to be on the organisation side of things.

Will be interesting to see how the playerbase at large deals with it.

I do predict that this go around will not be that much different from the last, with the majority of people never seeing past MC.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I do predict that this go around will not be that much different from the last, with the majority of people never seeing past MC.
    Idk if you are aware of streamers, but even asmongold got his week 2 ony and rag kills XD