Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Another side effect is that Blizzard (and other companies) just learn to flat out ignore its critics. Should Immortal make tons more than PC Diablo, then the lesson will be: do the opposite of what the critics say in order to maximize our profits.
    Critics have literally nothing to do with profits. Look at FIFA games. They're literally teh same game over and over that nets EA billions of dollars because there are lots of people just buying it and spending an awful lot of money in the cards/lootboxes.

A game may be the worst ever designed, but if it's going to make money, why they shouldn't do it.

I also despise D:I. I'll try it and very likely uninstall it after a few days because i've played so many games like this already. It brings nothing to the table and it's worth nothing - to me as a player. For Blizzard, it's an easy chance at making money though the PR damage has hit the game reputation before it comes out, hence lots of people won't even install it for this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Will I be executed here on the spot if I confessed that I am tempted to give it a try...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber91 View Post
    Will I be executed here on the spot if I confessed that I am tempted to give it a try...?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes.

Don't be ridiculous. That is completely over the top... just the tip would suffice;

I wonder why theres basically 0 news about DI. Blizzard just realised how crappy it is on mobile or they are waiting for Blizzcon to show it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I wonder why theres basically 0 news about DI. Blizzard just realised how crappy it is on mobile or they are waiting for Blizzcon to show it?
    From the rumors I've heard, it's been finished for months and Tencent is ready to release, but Blizzard is delaying it for the sake of optics. Most likely it won't release until after they announced Diablo 4, and they can position Immortal as "something to mess with while you wait for the real deal" or whatever.

By all accounts, the Blizzcon demo was actually pretty fun. I don't really see why the formula shouldn't translate to mobile, it's not like Diablo has an especially complex control scheme or anything. I mean, I'm not a big fan of virtual pads and buttons, but it works fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    From the rumors I've heard, it's been finished for months and Tencent is ready to release, but Blizzard is delaying it for the sake of optics. Most likely it won't release until after they announced Diablo 4, and they can position Immortal as "something to mess with while you wait for the real deal" or whatever.

By all accounts, the Blizzcon demo was actually pretty fun. I don't really see why the formula shouldn't translate to mobile, it's not like Diablo has an especially complex control scheme or anything. I mean, I'm not a big fan of virtual pads and buttons, but it works fine.
    The problem was that it was teased as something big, from a primarily pc-centric dev, and it's a reskinned mobile game. Optics matter a lot, and the way it was announced as a full-on diablo sequel was awful. Not to mention the "do you not have phones" meme

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The problem was that it was teased as something big, from a primarily pc-centric dev, and it's a reskinned mobile game. Optics matter a lot, and the way it was announced as a full-on diablo sequel was awful. Not to mention the "do you not have phones" meme
    Strongly disagree that it was teased as something big, they explicitly tried to lower expectations for Diablo going into Blizzcon.

However, it being the only Diablo announcement, and getting so much stage time, was a huge mistake. I think nearly everyone agrees that all they needed to avoid the debacle was a a short Diablo IV logo tease. Barring that, it would have been fine if they announced it at Gamescom or a PAX.

There's also definitely an element of them being out of touch with their core audience. Allen Adham had a similar moment in 2017, I think it was, when they announced his return and he mentioned being interested in pursuing mobile gaming. He seemed to expect applause and got nothing from the crowd, then moved on. I think at an executive level they must see the incredibly high maus and revenue that mobile games generate and assume they're widely popular, not realizing how much core gamers actually resent them, rightly or wrongly so.

Personally I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with them doing Immortal, at least depending on how they handle monetization. I do think they would have been better served by making it available on other platforms, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with immortal. It was just the wrong time and place for it.

I will be playing it when it comes out. If I like it I will keep playing it. If I don't I will stop.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Personally I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with them doing Immortal, at least depending on how they handle monetization. I do think they would have been better served by making it available on other platforms, however.
    Basically this. They're tring to do this year what they needed to do last year at Blizzcon, but now a) people know already of D:I and anyone informed knows that it should just have been out already and b) D4 expectiations are both really low and really high depending on the people watching, so they cannot really miss it.

10+ Year Old Account

Why is not released yet? Simple...

They didin't finished microtransactions stuff yet!

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

Why is not released yet? Simple...

They didin't finished microtransactions stuff yet!
    Mah, if anything it looks exactly the opposite (while it's obvious microtx will be there, don't know the extent).

Blizzard KNOWS they have bombed hard last year. It's just stupid to assume they're in chaos because as it's been confirmed the game is ready for launch - are they testing/refining it? We don't know.

What we know is that a release now won't do anything good. The game is already in a bleak aura because "DAMN MOBILE AND THEIR MICROTRANSACTIONS" while taken as a standalone it can go from "generic #873578452639867298 mobile arpg" to "actually playable thing that i kill some time on".

They're just saving it for later and very likely for Blizzcon. There are high chances it will be a big Diablo Blizzcon this year (hopefully) and they're likely to announce/present something D4 related at least. This way, with a big Diablo announcement, they can throw in D:I as "hey, D:I releases, play that while we finish D4" and actually work as a bridge between D3 and the next game (as everyone imagined it to be).

It's either that or nothing at all. It's not going to be canceled obviously, but given how Gamescom didn't bring anything, best bet is BCon. They're just waiting for the proper moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    I have no problem with immortal. It was just the wrong time and place for it.
    Basically This. They announced hearthstone at gamescom and it had a significantly better reception. Announcing a mobile game at your hardcode PC gaming convention is not very smart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Basically This. They announced hearthstone at gamescom and it had a significantly better reception. Announcing a mobile game at your hardcode PC gaming convention is not very smart.
    Hearthstone was announced at PAX actually.

How much does it cost?

I don't play on phone so no Diablo for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    How much does it cost?
    Not out yet, still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    How much does it cost?
    as much as you're willing to pay. its an in-game shop mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    They spit in the face of overy diablo fan
    How would you know there arent true diablo fans who actually are happy about this? Playing their fauvorite game on their cellphones. You and me may disagree about releasing Diablo Immortal to mobiles. As much as I hate to admit, the game actually looks fun to play. The only sting is, it cant be played on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    How would you know there arent true diablo fans who actually are happy about this? Playing their fauvorite game on their cellphones. You and me may disagree about releasing Diablo Immortal to mobiles. As much as I hate to admit, the game actually looks fun to play. The only sting is, it cant be played on PC.
    Didn't you know? True fans hate their franchise; just look at Star Wars fanbase.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.