Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is fall like?

I live in Texas. What is the season fall like for those who live in places where you actually get it?

Besides the south, what are states that don't get four distinct seasons?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-13 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Adding in the other OP comment.

Vermont has 4 seasons, Winter,Mud,Spring,Summer,Fall,occasionally a second Mud,back to Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Besides the south, what are states that don't get four distinct seasons?
    Depends on how "distinct" you're talking about. Temperatures and rainfall vary a bit in San Francisco, Los Angeles region, and San Diego but not too much. It's definitely a narrow band in SF. Rains a bit more during the winter.

Distinctions are greater in the rest of California.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weather is pretty much perfect, temperature wise. You get around 60-70 degree weather and sometimes in the 50s, which means you get to wear those comfy hoodies and sweatpants again, trees are colorful with their red, orange, and yellows.

It's just the best time of the year. It's the main reason why I never want to move down south. I like the colder weather.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wet and brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The wind gently blows cool the leaves from the trees that fall after they changed from green to red...fiery orange..and...gold..and brown.
    The very air is touched with a sense of anticipation that has one looking to the horizon, as if a new beginning will come when the sun sets and the twilight darkens the shadows, and the moon rises.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like 3 weeks long here. :/

December can be anywhere between 90F and 20F.

Temperature is perfect.

Mood is gloomy - every plant is brown, it's raining, windy.

There's leaves everyfuckingwhere. And leaves on wet pavement or road are slippery af, not cool. And what's also super uncool, is having to rake the god damn lawn.

Winter is coming, that means it's time to change summer tyres to winter tyres. Change early - lose the amazing grip of pilot sports 4s and have shitty tarmac grip for all autumn. Change late - lines. Lines lines lines. And you cannot simply buy another set of rims and change in your yard, because you still need to balance the wheels.

Days getting shorter.

So yea, brown, tons of leaves on the ground and rain. But when sun is shinning, this brown and yellow and orange does look good.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I'm with you. SE Texas is basically boil you for 9 months, 2 months of torrential rain, and about 3 weeks of decent weather scattered in there somewhere... Heat index here is 114 this week, and the humidity is high enough it's labor to breathe outside...

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Wet and brown.
    Just like I love my kittens.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Western Washington - Summer and Clouds. Every few years it snows for a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Depends on how "distinct" you're talking about. Temperatures and rainfall vary a bit in San Francisco, Los Angeles region, and San Diego but not too much. It's definitely a narrow band in SF. Rains a bit more during the winter.

Distinctions are greater in the rest of California.
    SF has two seasons - lots of fogs (May through August) and less fogs (the rest of the year). The concept of summer does not exist in SF. Fog is wet. It generates a cold, damp wind as it comes in. SF is probably the only city in the US where you see people walking around in heavy sweater in the middle of summer.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-09-13 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have two seasons in Calgary - Winter and Construction.

5+ Year Old Account
    The threads have been merged, since the topic and responses were similar.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    The threads have been merged, since the topic and responses were similar.
    just like Texas's seasons

Damp, cool and gloomy. I remember the actual color change in the leaves being very brief.

I do like the smell of fall though. Very earthy

apple cider, apple butter. It's all you need to know.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    The weather is pretty much perfect, temperature wise. You get around 60-70 degree weather and sometimes in the 50s, which means you get to wear those comfy hoodies and sweatpants again, trees are colorful with their red, orange, and yellows.

It's just the best time of the year. It's the main reason why I never want to move down south. I like the colder weather.
    This. Could not have said it better. For Ohio.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Windy and rainy but a little less humid.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Impending doom of incoming shit weather that lasts from late October straight through next May. Pretty for a few weeks then garbage for over half a year.

Welcome to the so called "beautiful" northeast. Don't ever wonder why there's so many alcoholics here.