Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I thought they killed Varian because Garrosh died in WoD
    Although the Alliance lost Bolvar in Wrath.
    You didn't lose crap since Bolvar still plays a role in the story. Get your victim complex out.

bolvar is still alive...ish though. Varian... i dont really think he needed to die but they wanted to shift focus to anduin and they gave him a pretty badass send off.

Voljin though... he had so much build up over MoP, then sidelined completely in WoD and killed off far too early in legion. And considering how badass varians sendoff was, voljins was just a major disappointment, getting killed off by a no-name felguard. His death felt like it was a footnote in varians obituary: VARIAN, KING OF STORMWIND HAS DIED!!!!! -also voljan.

And hey, horde lost varimithras in wrath too, he was like the hordes bolvar! /s

the entire Illidan story starting from Broken Shore until Argus. That shit made 0 sense

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    We never returned from the Emerald Nightmare. Everything that has transpired since then, the Legion's defeat included. has been just an illusion, a dream crafted by Tentacle Boi to prevent us from meddling in his affairs.
    Oh that's an interesting idea.

Undercity happens first, Teldrassil burns from horde being overzealous in their retaliation. I think Genn could be given some sympathy if he started the war (more so than he already did in Stormheim) due to his son, and the horde's reaction is more understandable if they commit an atrocity like the burning of Teldrassil if it's at least in response to losing Undercity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm I'm gonna change my Vote. Here is my version:

Garrosh doesn't escape his trial. The August Celestials still vote to spare him cause nobody is beyond redemption and whatnot. But he is demoted from being warchief. WoD doesn't happen, but the legion still returns in Legion somehow. On the Broken Shore Vol'Jin and Saurfang both die. But Varian does not. Now roll BfA with Varian in Anduin's place and Garrosh in Saurfang's. Let's see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Ok, my golden ticket is simple but i think changes a ton.

Battle for lordaeron happens before the burning of teldrasil.

Suddenly bfa makes sense, we dont need the 'horde civil war' plot again, both horde and alliance can get invested in the story (alliance had every reason to invade lordaeron, horde had every right to defend it) and we dont need to resort to narrative bullshit to further the story.

The rest of BFA could essentially be the exact same without the horde getting all backstabby on themselves and focus instead on taking down the alliance without being the evil stupid baddies. Honestly, it fixes so many things wrong with bfa! go through all the issues and see how much it affects the whole story, its massive.

Honestly, the rest of BFA imo is actually fine, the stories, plots and lore has pretty much all been really interesting, and i actually really like the alliance vs horde war.

Close second would be not offing voljin for no reason at all. His death accomplished literally nothing over the entirety of legion and has barely done anything bfa, so his death could have easily been saved for a time when it actually mattered, while also ensuring that he even had a legacy to leave behind other than being warchief during an expansion that the main horde forces had nothing to do with. seriously, he got the position of warchief, then suddenly everyone important was kidnapped to alternate draenor while he did nothing but sit in orgrimmar, then the legion turns up and he dies.
    The problem is there is no way in hell a character like Anduin would start a war unprovoked

I'll go with Med'an...
    "There is a hole, in a more ancient part of the mmo-champion forum. A pit where men are thrown to be forgotten. But sometimes a troll rises from the darkness. Sometimes, the hole sends something back... to make some pointless comment"

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'Jin is the bad guy in Cata, he does the whole 4.1 stuff and tries to summon Hakkar to kill garrosh and all the orcs. The players kill him and Rokhan is the new leader.

t
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I'd retcon Khadgar having Atiesh and give it to its rightfull owner Me'dan who then stands allong side the alliance at first untill he eventually leads the unified forces of azeroth into victory as the golden glory boy he is.

I'd mostly do this just to see and enjoy the pure rampage and people losing their minds because of one character. I'm a simple man like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Alliance doesn't lose heroes. They just go Neutral and then berate the Alliance for fighting the Horde.
    Hey horde heroes does that too as for BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    ... Anything?

Okay! I'd retcon the fuck out of the Cataclysm. My reason? I've leveled so many characters through 1-60 fucking Cata Zones... UPDATE THEM BLIZZ! GIVE ME NEW STORIES!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unmake all Knaak lore.

I re-ran Sunwell yesterday and was reminded of how stupid all the Anveena stuff is. And every other contribution the author has made to the franchise.

I’d kill thrall all in wc3 or erase him entirely. He turned my glorious horde of wc2 into a band of hippies

I’d rather have my bloodthirsty conquer the world orcs over Woodstock orcs that preach honor and peace

Any of these changes

Lore: There are no merely-just-a-set-back's, when you die, you stay dead.

Gameplay: Stop blizzard from making every new class melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd retcon WoD. All of it. Get rid of infinite demons across dimensions, the embarrassment of the OG Orc leaders, pale orcs, Yrely Sue, Ashran, loss of Farahlon, Admiral Taylor survives, Gul'dan being brought back and garrisons.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Easy question. I’d retcon the absolute shit out of the multiversal Legion.

Like, execution-style. Back of the head with an additional double-tap to make sure.

retcon the actiblizz merger

Sylvanas stays dead after Wrath.

I would have made Sylvanas the antagonist in MoP instead of Garrosh.