Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    He stands a better chance to kill her than others. I don't consider him a counter.

In my my mind, counter is what reaper is like to Winston, there's no way Winston will kill reaper or survive him unless he runs away. This is not the case with many other matchups. Widowmaker just stands a better chance at fighting back than others vs pharah, pharah can still win that.
    I mean, Widow is pretty much the poster-child for counters when it comes to Pharah so already we're just on completely different wavelengths.

Like, really it's not even about Widow but "Hitscan" counters Pharah and Widow is just perfect for it since she does so much damage in a single shot with hitscan. Ergo Widow counters Pharah because that's just how the mechanics work. Reaper was designed as the tank killer pretty much, so he does particularly well against the tanks especially those that don't have mitigation, like Hammond and Roadhog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Except, what you appear to be misunderstanding, because you're fucking dumb, is that Roadhog isn't used to counter Reaper in halt/hook comps. Neither is D.Va, she brings better shieldbreak and soft counter to Reaper as a bonus.

But you're right, y'know, using an example of a comp where no one's trying to counter Reaper as an example of Roadhog not countering Reaper.

Next shitpost.
    You're just so salty because you can't prove shit. The potential is still there. He's such a good counter, why does he get benched at all? Better shield break is bullshit. Like she was such a bigger threat to Reaper that he can't go in until Mei freezes her. But keep calling the truth shitposts to feed your own ego.

- - - Updated - - -

If they can be beaten, they're not counters but only heroes that has a better chance at fighting them.
    I mean, in that case no on counters anything because any hero can have a chance. Hammond can beat Mei, Tracer can beat McCree, Symmetra can beat Winston. That the latter doesn't counter the former.

I mean, honestly it doesn't even quite need to kill them. McCree/Reaper were considered counters to Sombra because they care less about Sombra hacking them.

The only counter in the game atm is reaper vs winston. The others just stand a better chance at fighting back.
    I've seen Winstons beat Reaper. It takes a lot of in and out of the bubble. So I guess in your mind there are NO counters in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Mei, Reaper, Doomfist (LUL), Soldier, Symmetra, Bastion, Ashe, Genji, McCree, Torbjorn, Sombra. All countered by Roadhog because "LUL Shot, Hook, Shot Melee".
    Mei can IB out of it, Doomfist dies to the combo but is harder to hit because he's always moving too quickly, Soldier is effective out of hook range (but I've already explained that, so I can only assume from this that you don't know how to read) same goes for Bastion (plus the whole always being played in bunker with shields in front of him) McCree, Torb. Sombra and Symm are harder to hit consistently because of their needle hitboxes, but they do die to the combo if they walk into a hook, though unless you're playing like a retard you shouldn't be Hog's space anyway.

But anyway, given your insistence on not reading my posts, refusing to argue in good faith and just generally being an ignorant jackass, I'll call this done. Refuting you being wrong gets boring.

Not that I should be surprised by someone who thinks it's mechanics keeping him out of plat.

Have a nice day!

Mei can IB out of it
    So hold on. I'm gonna stop you there.

It is impossible for Reaper to survive with 200 health. But Mei with just 50 more can?

Edit: Actually, I'm wrong, Reaper also has 250 LUL. Shit math doesn't matter now cause they got the same.

- - - Updated - - -

If the reaper is brain dead, sure. I don't consider that a showcase though. He can blast the bubble before Winston can kill him and heal up on Winston.
    Exactly. And outside bad Widows she counters Pharah. You remove the bad players to see what counters what, you don't include them.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-09-13 at 11:54 AM.

Reaper has a huge body and head hit box compared to mei.
    He's not that much bigger. Honestly, she's just a little bit shorter.

So hold on. I'm gonna stop you there.

It is impossible for Reaper to survive. But Mei can?
    IB breaks CC. Do you even play this game?

IB breaks CC. Do you even play this game?
    You can't Ice Block while stunned.

You can't Ice Block while stunned.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...-this/353942/8

Even if that was a temporary bug you've also got the fact that both her hitbox is smaller and her ratio of head to body within her hitbox is smaller, so you can't guaratee the combo will kill. Further, her ice wall allows her to get within effective range more easily.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/Z3gJnqr.jpg

Comparing hitboxes with ana as the base at 100%, mei is 106%, reaper is 160%. He has a huge hitbox compared to mei.
    That's a fantastic image.

https://i.imgur.com/Z3gJnqr.jpg

Comparing hitboxes with ana as the base at 100%, mei is 106%, reaper is 160%. He has a huge head and body hitbox compared to mei.
    Not really when you consider that the tanks are at 300-500%

He's about 60% bigger than Ana compared to Mei. That's really not much. Although it is quite interesting to see how the empty space below his arms is also considered a hit.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...-this/353942/8

Even if that was a temporary bug you've also got the fact that both her hitbox is smaller and her ratio of head to body within her hitbox is smaller, so you can't guaratee the combo will kill. Further, her ice wall allows her to get within effective range more easily.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a fantastic image.
    It wasn't a bug, it was a latency thing. So, what you have here is she STILL can't Ice Block out of hook. So you're saying that Reaper dies with 250 health to Shot/Hook/Shot/Melee but Mei with the same Health lives.

Not really when you consider that the tanks are at 300-500%

He's about 60% bigger than Ana compared to Mei. That's really not much. Although it is quite interesting to see how the empty space below his arms is also considered a hit.

It wasn't a bug, it was a latency thing. So, what you have here is she STILL can't Ice Block out of hook. So you're saying that Reaper dies with 250 health to Shot/Hook/Shot/Melee but Mei with the same Health lives.
    Yes, because of the size of her hitbox and the ratio of her head hitbox to her body hitbox. But I've already explained that. Ergo, you are literally, fundamentally, too fucking dumb to understand basic concepts. You literally have evidence that Mei is barely 2/3 the size of Reaper and still you are utterly perplexed. You are such a waste of time.

Your issue with OW is not execution. You're silver because you're retarded.

When you're getting shot at by roadhog, it does make a huge difference in how much damage you receive compared to mei when you have a 60% bigger hitbox. That's a lot of pellets that will hit reaper but not mei.
    60% when compared to Ana does not equate a 60% increase overall. I'm just saying.

Yes, because of the size of her hitbox and the ratio of her head hitbox to her body hitbox. But I've already explained that. Ergo, you are literally, fundamentally, too fucking dumb to understand basic concepts. You literally have evidence that Mei is barely 2/3 the size of Reaper and still you are utterly perplexed. You are such a waste of time.

Your issue with OW is not execution. You're silver because you're retarded.
    She's really not that much bigger. That's pure bullshit. If we consider it. 35 of 50, so just a little over half of the pellets need to hit. If we consider your situation, do you think that 35 of 50 would be able to hit Reaper but not Mei? The one not understanding basic concepts is you.

Just no use arguing with this idiot who just can't understand the difference between a 60% increase and a 60% increase compared to Ana.

Oh well, tired of seeing him. So, I'm done.

Edit: BTW, if you want to see why comparing it to Ana is a bit of an issue.

If we make D.Va the 100%

Reaper would be 34% head, 26% body comparitively.
    Mei would be 21% head, 17% body.
    Great, now Reaper is only has a 13% bigger head and a 9% bigger body.

Edit 2: Really the conversions look more like "Reapers head is 58% bigger, and his body is 50% bigger. than Mei's" But even that can be problematic without actual numbers because 6 is 50% bigger than 4 but that's not a huge leap.
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2019-09-14 at 12:34 AM.

Did you know that if Mei is only two thirds the size of Reaper she'd still take as much damage as Reaper because I can't understand the idea that pellets have to hit a heroes hitbox to deal damage.

I still don't understand this after seeing visual evidence that Mei is 106% the size of Ana, compared to Reaper's 160%, because both using my eyes and comparing percentages is too hard for me.
    How are games in Silver? I haven't been there for a few years but it sounds hellish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

This is interesting. It explains why people who are bad at a certain task are incapable of understanding why they're bad, and assessing what they'd need to do/learn in order to stop being bad. Imagine being so far below average at a game that you literally can't begin to fathom why you suck so much.

Not even looking at what you're writing dude so don't waste your breath.

LALALA I'M NOT LISTENING!
    You sure showed me, buddy.

He's still trying. LOL

15+ Year Old Account

Difficult just because support get targeted by DPS? What supports do you play?

Moira/Lucio are really strong right now and both are pretty good at getting away from most DPS in a brawl and can take many of them in a duel. I'm currently trying to rank up my DPS SR but I have the opposite problem, I target the healers but struggle secure the kill while my team just shoot the tanks and charge support ults.

Comms can help a lot with things like this, but when I'm just spamming soloQ after work I can't be bothered to get invested enough to shotcall but that's on me.
    Yeah, but mostly because I'm terrible against certain heroes and a LOT of maps. Idk what it is, but Moira starts to bore me after a while, so does Lucio. I don't have and can't seem to pick up the mechanical skill to make Ana/Zen/Bap work, so I'm left playing supports that get eaten for breakfast by everything.

I also can't play with comms. People get mad I'm not listening, but I can't listen to them and the game at the same time. People's voices quickly become noise that annoys the hell out of me and causes me to play worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Yeah, but mostly because I'm terrible against certain heroes and a LOT of maps. Idk what it is, but Moira starts to bore me after a while, so does Lucio. I don't have and can't seem to pick up the mechanical skill to make Ana/Zen/Bap work, so I'm left playing supports that get eaten for breakfast by everything.

I also can't play with comms. People get mad I'm not listening, but I can't listen to them and the game at the same time. People's voices quickly become noise that annoys the hell out of me and causes me to play worse.
    When it comes to heroes like Ana I'd say just practice. She's so much fun once you get a little used to her, after the few hours of missing sleeps and whiffing nades. But it's well worth it once you get the hang. If Moira is getting boring, Ana will be a breath of fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Then I don't know how you expect to do well in Ranked if you can't communicate with your team. Kinda makes
    you a burden on them doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Then I don't know how you expect to do well in Ranked if you can't communicate with your team. Kinda makes
    you a burden on them doesn't it?
    Not always true, many games in gold and platinum are silent except for being people being toxic. I, and I'm sure many others, will perform better by avoiding getting annoyed at fuckwits on comms.

If you could guarantee people would listen to calls/make calls (which you can't) then sure, avoiding comms is bad. Comms is stupidly powerful if used correctly but in a lot of games it's easily a detriment if you're subjected to assholery. I generally only use comms if I'm in a duo so I know at least one person will call/listen to calls. Right now "Reaper no wraith" and "Mei no wall" are probably the best things I can hear in-game because fuck me are those heroes hard to deal with in the lower ranks.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would anyone ever want to be on voice? People speak such broken english that you can't understand them in many cases and it's a cesspool of racism, sexism and other toxic behaviour.
    Don't forget immediately screaming at DPS when you lose any fights at all. I've been trying to learn Doom and fuck me between the queue times and the assholes in-game it's wearing me down.