Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Try to justifi retail difficulty as whole vs classic as whole without saying words like mythic or high/higest difficulty. MMORPG game should not have difficulty levels. Yes retail would be harder if mythic and mythic +15 would be only viable difficulty levels. Fact game have easy mods makes game easy.
    Dude you are like the only guy that plays classic that genuinely thinks that classic raids are harder, just stop it, its borderline pathetic at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    But it's not possible to have one difficulty that fits all players. For many players, M raids would be far too difficult. The solution definitely isn't the Classic model.
    Retail: 4 difficulties: faceroll, easy, medium, hard
    Classic: 1 difficulty: easy
    And now Classic fans argue that Retail is easier just because it has 1 mode that is even easier than their one single mode. It's just great. Instead of simply doing the modes that they should be playing.
    Yes it is. You are should be forced finish raid to experience content in his hardest form or you dont get to see content period.

My war is level 52 now and i made more friends leveling up then i did entire bfa expansion. I also feel a much deeper connection to my classic char then my bfa one i havent logged into bfa in weeks honestly. Classic is everything i expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    My war is level 52 now and i made more friends leveling up then i did entire bfa expansion. I also feel a much deeper connection to my classic char then my bfa one i havent logged into bfa in weeks honestly. Classic is everything i expected it to be.
    Enough of this nonsense. All the vanilla fanboys repeat the same thing like parrots "AGhgAH I mAdE MoRE FrIenDS heREee!!" . It's no one's fault you don't interact in Retail, the option is there (and encouraged) for those who want it.

Figure out something new and actually true to promote how "good" Classic is.

1 - I don't know yet
    2 - You are right, the get 1/2/3/4/5 hit chance for 5 levels is crap and not even exciting
    3 - the journey for now is 70% walking, and the rest is killing 50 of the same enemy to get 4 items. it's a real mess
    4 - well not really, people for now are grouping for questing, we will see later when most players are 60
    5 - again, we need to wait for end game
    6 - meh of the meh
    7 - Retail is for casuals, Classic is for nolifers.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Why are you so invested in a game you dont like?
    Wow is among my all time favorite games. I like discussing all its iterations, even the older, less advanced ones. I also never said I dislike Classic, but actually repeated multiple times I very much enjoyed parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I must have imagined how 20 of my classic guild's 35 members were playing concurrently last night...
    I'm glad you're having fun. This isn't relevant to the my thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    OP
    I so disagree in every way, but ty for the post anyway. But now pls stop playing and posting, if you dont like the game, dont spread any negativity towards people who enjoy the game!
    There's no negativity here, just some commentary and debunking of the popular myths. Just because you disagree, doesn't mean I am obligated to not post those.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    damn I feel so sorry about the crappiest experiences you've had through. Sounds like you encountered only retail players. I've been tanking dungeons as warrior and I've made so many new friends, it's astounding! My friends list grows every day, and I'm building my reputation and creating a network of players to play again later. Never in my almost 7 days /played have I had a single dungeon where people didn't talk or only said "hi" or "gogogo". We socialize, we discuss tactics, I even volunteer to help them with anything they need even after the dungeon. This leads to them whispering me everyday if I can help them with some elite quest, or proteting them from a ganker or whatever. Same thing happens when I randomly join another player to tackle a mob we're both looking to kill. We talk, we socialize, and in the end I tell him if he enjoyed playing with me he can add me as friends so he could ask me for any help, any time of the day I'm online, and people do!

Just yesterday I flew from kargath to Hammerfall simply because one of the friends I've made online asked me if I could help him with the elite quests in Stromgarde keep, which I obviusly accepted! This is what Classic is all about, it's mindblowing to even think there's people outhtere not experiencing this
    You are most probably one of the hardcore players who are way ahead of the curve. Those who got ahead quickly, who know leveling routes etc. are a different community than everyone else. I don't dispute that this is your experience, because you hang out in circles of hardcore players who tend to be friendly and interact with each other a lot. This does not however happen to an average casual player at all. I'm glad you're having fun, but your experience is happening in a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    It's a bit sad how upset some people are that Classic is vastly more popular than retail currently. Though to be honest I probably would be too if I was a fan of BFA and face the reality that Classic, buggy content that came out 15 years ago, has generated more hype and is more popular with the gaming community than the launch of retails latest expansion.
    Game launches always generate a lot of hype, but it's been almost 3 weeks and the dust is settling slowly and the reality is sinking in. Classic was vastly more popular than retail, for like the first 5 days. It is no longer so today.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Are you for real? People play on the same realm and eventually get to know a large group of people there. Just because you don't socialize doesn't me others don't. If you think BFA with all the phasing and xrealm with LFR that is cancer is better for community than Classic wow, then you are truly delusional.
    I addressed this above. You can't socialize in cases where if you say hi to people and they just don't reply. It has nothing to do with one's personality, character etc. most of the average players you meet just don't socialize, and most people outside of specifically premade communities will tell you the same.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-09-14 at 11:01 AM.

You just went full retail. Never go full retail

Yes it is. You are should be forced finish raid to experience content in his hardest form or you dont get to see content period.
    So you have 2 mediocre players, player A sees the raid content on retail thanks to the diff difficulties that adapt to how good/bad the player is, player B sadly misses on all naxx thanks to classic having only 1 difficulty, who actually managed to see the content despite both of them being mediocre? now use your brain before making posts like this 1.

So much hate towards Classic from BfA fanboys these days. Or may be it is just jealousy? Because your game feels dead and hollow two weeks after another content patch hits live, and noone talks to each other in that game except guild chat and gold spam in trade channel.
    There is no need to bring your hate and misery here, we don't force you to play Classic, you can play whatever game you want to play. Leave us be with our 15-years old and outdated game which we love. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Many of you got too defensive about everything I wrote here.
    Oh, so that's the tactic ? Write factually false bullshit and then claim "defensiveness" when called on about it so you can try to make the other side look bad instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Game launches always generate a lot of hype, but it's been almost 3 weeks and the dust is settling slowly and the reality is sinking in. Classic was vastly more popular than retail, for like the first 5 days. It is no longer so today.
    That might be your experience. In my battle net friend list and immediate discord community not a single person plays Retail currently. Everyone is still playing Classic and in the weeks since launch I've only seen one dude who logged in Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Enough of this nonsense. All the vanilla fanboys repeat the same thing like parrots "AGhgAH I mAdE MoRE FrIenDS heREee!!" . It's no one's fault you don't interact in Retail, the option is there (and encouraged) for those who want it.
    A fun fact in Retail is that you can't even do a weekly 15+ or heroic raiding without getting invited to discord conversations pre-run and after. Its close to impossible to avoid socializing and meeting new player in Retail even at m+15/heroic raiding levels. And since Retail is full x-server/international(EU), you have the possibilitys to talk with FR/DE/UK/RU/++ players around the world, its probably the best parts of WoW, because the playerbase is so wide spread around the globe.

I am glad that there is Classic for people unable to connect even at the lowest difficulty levels in Retail and get drained into the Classic gutters.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    That might be your experience. In my battle net friend list and immediate discord community not a single person plays Retail currently. Everyone is still playing Classic and in the weeks since launch I've only seen one dude who logged in Retail.
    Same. It’s beautiful to see classic so successful. Shame the Bfa fans like the op, have to be so incredible insecure about their preferred product

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post

Figure out something new and actually true to promote how "good" Classic is.
    It should not be otion. It should be forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    A fun fact in Retail is that you can't even do a weekly 15+ or heroic raiding without getting invited to discord conversations pre-run and after. Its close to impossible to avoid socializing and meeting new player in Retail even at m+15/heroic raiding levels. And since Retail is full x-server/international(EU), you have the possibilitys to talk with FR/DE/UK/RU/++ players around the world, its probably the best parts of WoW, because the playerbase is so wide spread around the globe.

I am glad that there is Classic for people unable to connect even at the lowest difficulty levels in Retail and get drained into the Classic gutters.
    Good to know Retail is so well designed I need to use outside chat platforms to actually meet people instead of meeting them in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It's almost amazing how accurate the points in the OP are. None of the big reasons people talked about beforehand why classic would be great has turned out right. If you enjoy it then good for you though.
    Considering :
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Why do i get the feeling people are only voting TBC because it's what came next by order of release?
    You haven't played Classic. How exactly can you judge that the OP is accurate when he's describing the situation in a game you haven't played ?
    (and actually is telling complete lies in most of his point, BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Almost none of what you wrote is correct, especially 2, 3, and 7.
    He is MOSTLY TRUE with 2. The old talent trees are bad, period.

BUT there is a big difference here: The old talent trees are simply better for leveling. Every levelup you gain a point and put it in your tree to get stronger and stronger. So yes, the talent trees are better at leveling, but at max level the new ones are by far better. So i rate it MOSTLY TRUE.

About 3: That's HALF-TRUE. people who want to go as fast possible to max level will do it nontheless. And then there are people who think that they miss something if they aren't 60 already.

But there are MANY people who also simply want the experience. So i say here he's only half right. questing is slower, but it's also the more rewarding experience. Not in terms of gear, but in general, the lore and so on. You are missing so much when you skip it all.

While i actually are right with you on point 7. Here it's mostly PANTS ON FIRE. Classic is far better for casuals then Retail is: you are faster at 60 on retail, but exactly here is what casuals are struggling with: there is either too much to do or nothing to do at all. Daily-reputation grinds

See WoW: there are reputation-grinds too, but you can decide the pace and not the game: you have more time, you farm the crap out of the zones, you don't, you only do a little. On Retail you need to do the WQs because they are running out on time and you have to do them to get not behind. And when you have actually time, there are not enough quests, because every crap is gated there. There is nothing to grind to get more reputation (and don't come with the crap called island expeditions, that's too expensive)

Also classic is harder and requires a slower pace, something that many people are missing. You are never in danger in retail, and that's actually a good thing for casuals who maybe want to play in a slower pace.

Tbh OP, most of your points are entirely subjective on what the player likes and how is his/her experience so far in classic, the only objective point you made is that classic raids are way too easy compared to retail, and everyone knows this anyways except some omega trolls like elias01.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    So you have 2 mediocre players, player A sees the raid content on retail thanks to the diff difficulties that adapt to how good/bad the player is, player B sadly misses on all naxx thanks to classic having only 1 difficulty, who actually managed to see the content despite both of them being mediocre? now use your brain before making posts like this 1.
    Except most people will alawys pick easyest difficulty and quit when they clear content. If content is exclsuive it retain players far more than acessible content. Most people do lfr no becouse it is fun but becouse it is easyest option.

Except most people will alawys pick easyest difficulty and quit when they clear content. If content is exclsuive it retain players far more than acessible content.
    Add to that that the rewards are forever in classic vs seasonal play the patch of retail. Hell, retail raids don’t even remain relevant patch to patch

Mc and ony will still have value to people when people are doing bwl, aq, and beyond. That’s good game design

Vs retails diablo 3 like “play the patch” where your gear will be worthless again in 3 months like diablo seasons