Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Except most people will alawys pick easyest difficulty and quit when they clear content. If content is exclsuive it retain players far more than acessible content. Most people do lfr no becouse it is fun but becouse it is easyest option.
    Confirmed you can't read, hopefully people dont waste time with your posts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    Good to know Retail is so well designed I need to use outside chat platforms to actually meet people instead of meeting them in the game.
    Joining a third party voice chat when you're doing high keys or mythic raiding is pretty normal when you find a group. I see what you're trying to do though, but nah.

3 and 4 is very wrong as of my experience
    as i say about rdr2: if RDR2 feels boring - you're boring

i make a plan of going to some zone and do like 3-4 quests, meanwhile it all turns into gathering 25ppl raid to push hordies away of quest mobs
    4 hours played: no exp, but tons of pvp fun
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-09-14 at 11:19 AM.

Another classic hater that feels the need to post something about it. Just play retail dude. Nobody cares that you don't like classic.

Quote Originally Posted by deadhorse12 View Post
    They cleared 1 raid. ONE.
    Molten core, the starter raid of the game.

I keep seeing this moron point being brought up.
    They act like it's some kind of prove that if the first raid instance of the game can be cleared by scrubs, that all raids are suddenly cleared by scrubs and are easy.
    Nice logic there.

If a raid of greenies can clear AQ/naxx, then I'll tip my hat.

Molten core was the farm raid, it wasn't hard at all.
    And after MC you went to wipe on razorgore and Vael and if there was another raid day before the reset, you had better hope you could have 40 ppl to show up to continue in BWL cause the loot didn't drop as freely there as in MC.

Aside from that, wasn't it done by a raid team that had done it thousand times before on private realms?
    On warcraftlogs there are 1742 people with a Ragnaros entry and that's only the ones who bothered to do a public upload, so it's far more than just the one private server guild. And nothing will change the fact that Vanilla bosses only had a pitiful amount of basic abilities executed at an extremely slow pace.

Its funny you mention Vaelastrasz. Here is a video from way back when: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlfiv8YrigY
    Just like you I really wonder how people will be able to master this extremely intense fight and learn these complex tactics without years and years of training them on a private server. Classic haters, prepare for the first wall!
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2019-09-14 at 11:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    That's just your wet fantasy man. BfA is doing just fine, and yeah I am playing it right now, while playing FF14 on another screen, because at least that allows me to launch both these games at the same time.
    Thanks for the good idea man, I play both too, but never thought of this for some reason!

And yes, lols at the idiot who thinks retail it a ghost town :P
    Here is something to believe in!

Classic will soon be 3 weeks old and for many of us it's been a colossal experience in various different ways. On launch day, all my guildies and almost all my B-Net friends were desparately trying to get in, to have this old school experience. Many hours and days of gameplay have been devoted to Classic since then, and during that time we all verified the things we've been told over the months and years leading to the Classic launch ourselves. The hype train is slowing down and by now most people have quit the game already and I'm about to follow. So what about that hype we were being fed, mostly by influencers, streamers and youtubers turned out to be untrue?

1. Classic raids are very hard.

This has already been extensively discussed in other threads, but nonetheless I wanted to get this out of the way first. This was heavily pushed as one of the selling points of Classic. How many hours you have to spend on farming consumables, how many hours you have to spend on getting this and that...in the end it turned out that people below the level cap in greens are able to clear the raids. The only difficulty in clearing the raid is actually getting to level 60.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones

This is something that was advertised not only with Classic in mind, but in general in any discussion about the talent system in the current game. These initial weeks of people having access to Classic has shown that not only are those old talents not interesting (the vast majority of them just being +1% dmg on ability), but they also allow no options to pick at all, because resetting them costs a fortune. Depending on the class, about 2-4 talents in the whole tree actually make a difference in your gameplay. The rest is filler that doesn't give any tangible power up.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60

Probably one of the most pushed ideas by all the veteran/elite players/streamers. What ended up happening was of course all those people who were pushing this idea went and grinded dungeons in raids with premade groups. Various excuses were employed, but in general the truth was laid bare for everyone to see. Turns out it’s not about the adventure in the zones, as that’s just boring grindfest of poorly balanced quests. It’s getting to the cap as fast as possible that is important, and people just playing normally are treated as some weirdos wasting their time. And for good reason - questing seems to be one of the worst possible ways to level up in Classic. Instance grinding, layer hopping, or just simple mob grinding in one spot are all faster.

4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends

This just isn't the case. We can blame the current times and how people are in general these days, but I'm willing to bet it's been like that years ago too. People don't socialize. Sure, they do group up for quests, because those quests necessitate that. They sometimes say "hi", "bye" or "warrior taunt the mob" but usually nothing beyond that. There is absolutely nothing different about grouping in Classic in comparison to grouping through lfg-type systems in retail wow. People enter a party, they do the task, they leave, and never speak to each other again.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.

False. Everyone and their mother spends their whole day on twitch now, and they already know the “leveling meta” for dungeons. Different class, or a spec without specific aoe abilities the party leader wants? No invite. And sure, I'm not saying you won't ever find a group for dungeon, and you can always make your own group, but about 80-90% of the groups advertised past level 40 are for specific classes and specific comps only. Yes, you will be able to do a dungeon run for quests while leveling, but it will take a long while looking through the "meta only" group advertisements to find one that just wants you as a player, not as an aoe mage. Other than that, thanks to loot options in Classic, most of the groups usually have a list of "reserved items" that you have to agree to pass on when you join the party. So which is worse, requiring a higher RIO, or asking that you pass on 10 items that you actually need?

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy

Class quests are the epitome of the antiquated game design. Not only are they fully skippable, which makes them horrible for people who are not playing the game on rails following a complete leveling guide for their class, but they often also require a group, and the ability to kill an enemy that is like 10 levels above your current level. For many of those quests you literally have to ask for boost, or you'll not complete them. Them being fully skippable also means that you may end up at a level cap while lacking skills essential to your class. Not only are those quests fully skippable, they also give no mention of the actual final reward in the game itself, so again, you have to follow 3rd party guides to even know what's coming.

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW

It is obviously not. In no way, shape, or form. Leveling is broken, imbalanced and just badly designed. Quests are few and far between, and you have to juggle 3-4 zones at once to even keep doing them. Otherwise you just have to grind mobs. As for the mobs themselves, you often die while fighting 1 mob that is on your level on lower. It's not even about everything taking long, it's about you wasting a lot of time if you don't know the proper route or not paying like 10$ for the proper questing addon that will take you through stuff you need to do. Leveling in Classic while not having any prior knowledge or memorized routes is just a pain. But okay - let's say you are a casual and you reach the level cap in a month or two. What can you do? You can level your professions, maybe farm some gold for an epic mount...content ends. You can always level an alt I guess, but why put yourself through that hell again? There is absolutely nothing to do in Classic if you don't plan to raid in it, which is why I personlally quit on level 42. The grind has become really tredious, and I would put myself through it if there was something waiting at the end - and there's not. I'm not afraid of long grinds, I've reached max overal level in the original Runescape 2 (the one osrs is based on) years back. And I'm grinding some stuff on retail wow for years now, on 30 characters. There needs to be an incentive though, and there is none in Classic.

So these are the main ones I know about. If you have any other myths that were completely debunked by Classic's release feel free to post.
    even when your list is true, so game design must be HORRIBLE good in comparision with retail, when some ppl still think Classic is the better game, despite your list.

or in short: your list do not show how bad classic is and how rose tinted ppls glasses are, it just shows HOW bad retail must be, when ppl nontheless prefer classic.

see what i did here ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-09-14 at 11:46 AM.

They are only reality for Classic fanboys and/or streamers. Fortunately, Classic is actually out now so everyone can go and see for themselves. People check Classic out, and people leave after finding out all I wrote in the OP.

More BS...

You can see the evidence yourself. Just open the realm selection for wow classic. Here's a snapshot for you just in case that seems too hard to do.
    https://i.imgur.com/AraYm0F.png

More BS...
    Or simply reality for people with different tastes, but that's a notion that simply seems to be over your intellectual abilities. You're literally that Phantom Menace fan that keeps spitting on fans of the original trilogy because new is always better, more action is always better, better graphics are everything, and you simply can't understand that some people are looking for other things. Are some people leaving Classic? Yes. Is it for the reasons you said? Maybe but not necessarily. Are some people joining or staying and still having a blast? Yes. But keep trying to persuade yourself that it's not the case. Maybe once you hit 100 stupid and biased messages, you'll get there, even though people will still know your messages are still full of crap.

And your screenshot of a server list from the top early morning the best proof of that.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are most probably one of the hardcore players who are way ahead of the curve. Those who got ahead quickly, who know leveling routes etc. are a different community than everyone else. I don't dispute that this is your experience, because you hang out in circles of hardcore players who tend to be friendly and interact with each other a lot. This does not however happen to an average casual player at all. I'm glad you're having fun, but your experience is happening in a bubble.
    why thank YOU! It's the first time I get associated with hardcore population. But unfortunatly, I'm not. I'm a relatively casual player, been playing since Classic was released, almost 7 days /played but I'm still at lvl 42, whereas the truly hardcore players are in their late 50s or already 60s. Out of curiosity, where are you playing Classic? On NA or EU? On a PvE server or a PvP server?

EDIT: Nvm, I just saw a post where you linked the realm selection and we can see that you're playing on a PvE server. Not shitting on servers like that, I've played on PvE servers up until BfA pre patch where I started using warmode ON all the time, and I'm now playing on a PvP server on Classic, but the fact is PvE servers create boring interactions. Might aswell just put LFG on these servers, since thre's no real sense of comunity or danger out in the world. Obviusly people don't talk in those servers, and why would they?
    Last edited by vitor210; 2019-09-14 at 11:50 AM.

just wait until they remove layers and introduce pvp and u will see a grand marshal decked in pvp armor running around on his cool black pvp tiger while u are a lil dicky and ur only trinket is carrot on a stick, thats when u will understand vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Add to that that the rewards are forever in classic vs seasonal play the patch of retail. Hell, retail raids don’t even remain relevant patch to patch

Mc and ony will still have value to people when people are doing bwl, aq, and beyond. That’s good game design

Vs retails diablo 3 like “play the patch” where your gear will be worthless again in 3 months like diablo seasons
    Are you saying there is no gear progression in classic? Isn't dungeon gear better than leveling gear? Isn't MC gear better than dungeon gear and so on? For most classes/slots at least?

itt: myths about classic as understood by the mind of an ignorant person.

- - - Updated - - -

Add to that that the rewards are forever in classic vs seasonal play the patch of retail. Hell, retail raids don’t even remain relevant patch to patch

Mc and ony will still have value to people when people are doing bwl, aq, and beyond. That’s good game design

Vs retails diablo 3 like “play the patch” where your gear will be worthless again in 3 months like diablo seasons
    say that when pvp is released and ashkandin00b1337 absolutely melts you in pvp vs your ice barbed spear.

Come back and say that progression is meaningless, because in classic character progression and gear progression are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Are you saying there is no gear progression in classic? Isn't dungeon gear better than leveling gear? Isn't MC gear better than dungeon gear and so on? For most classes/slots at least?
    No, go re read what I said again. I’m saying it’s a positive that your character will stay powerful once there

Retails biggest issue imho, is that it’s too diablo 3 with different difficulties, personal loot, different versions of every item, and it’s play the patch not the expac. Each patch makes the entire expac up to that point 100% irrelevant and provides easy catch up to skip it so essentially, there’s no progression ladder to climb. No beating A to get to B, B go C, etc. it’s just A and next patch will be A again. That’s boring af to me

I’d rather have classics real progression ladder climb where my gear isn’t devalued immediately with a patch

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    No one is claiming they are hard today. They *were* hard.

No one thinks finding food today is hard, but it *was* hard thousands of years ago.

I'm using past tense for a reason.
    Yes you did use past tense, yes. You also said "Starting at 1.12 IS NOT Vanilla difficulty. Anyone who played Vanilla knows how much of a difference 1.12 was compared to 1.0." which does make it seem like you are saying that if we started at 1.0 again it would have been difficult. Sorry if i misunderstood. That to me seems really irrelevant in light of all the other things, mostly just knowledge, that make the game really easy today. People are killing it with raids filled with 52-59 leveled players with questing gear. Just as a point of reference i'd say something like ragnaros in firelands still holds up today no matter how much i know as a difficult boss where vanilla bosses do not.

There was a lot of people amongst people who wanted classic who shat on retail and a big part of it was them shitting on class design and difficulty of the current game (not saying that the person i quoted did that). They explicitly were claiming that vanilla is "actually difficult". I just don't see anything so far being level 53 in the game that would warrant it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I experienced things quite differently from you OP, and since you're not showing any kind of objective metric of this happening to anyone else I'm gonna take this as just being your personal experience. I'm sorry that people didn't help you, and that you found the game boring. Its clearly not for everyone with todays short attention spans and need for instant gratification. I recommend trying Battle for Azeroth or Fortnite, those games might be more your pace.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    retail players are trying so hard xD

The fact is that everyone plays classic, and no one plays retail.
    Yeah, that subscription data published by Blizzard is a final nail in the coffin for Retail. 10 billion players, who would've thought?

This thread is bullshit, but so is your post. I think you ought to be on reddit, "retail sucks, upvotes to the left" works better there.

Yesterday I watched a streamer do Molten Core. They were at Garr.

Half the people had no idea what they were doing, they didn't even know what DBM was. There was one hunter who didn't even use his pet to attack the boss, it just ran next to him the whole time while he was auto attacking. The healers threw out one healing touch every 1 minute.
    The only actual strategy in the whole thing was Warlocks CC'ing adds, but that's like a minor side-activity in today's raids.
    Still, the group managed to kill the boss with zero effort while only 1 person died (i dunno how tho).
    And half the group weren't even 60.

Go on twitch, watch how hard raids are.
    A semi-competent group could clear this week 1... oh wait they did.

As raids are the only form of end-game content in Classic, this level of non-existent challenge paired with this level of incompetence (I can pug hc Eternal Palace 8/8 in 1,5 hour, and those are pugs) made me quit leveling altogether. Not this specific stream, but as I looked around.

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    Good to know Retail is so well designed I need to use outside chat platforms to actually meet people instead of meeting them in the game.
    The first or second ingame chat message from any normal vanilla guild was a TS/ventrilo IP at first contact with a new player.

You can hide all you want in your casual-single-player minded bubble, but WoW is and allways was an MMO and communication with chat only did never work.
    -

No, go re read what I said again. I’m saying it’s a positive that your character will stay powerful once there

Retails biggest issue imho, is that it’s too diablo 3 with different difficulties, personal loot, different versions of every item, and it’s play the patch not the expac. Each patch makes the entire expac up to that point 100% irrelevant and provides easy catch up to skip it so essentially, there’s no progression ladder to climb. No beating A to get to B, B go C, etc. it’s just A and next patch will be A again. That’s boring af to me

I’d rather have classics real progression ladder climb where my gear isn’t devalued immediately with a patch

It's true that retail has a seasonal character, but is that necessarily such a bad thing? Why are for example catch up mechanisms a bad thing? Why is it better if people are lagging behind for almost an entire x-pac, just because they did not or could not play the game for a couple of weeks at a crucial time? Retail's mythic+ system is based on repetition, but it also keeps 5 mans relevant throughout the expansion, is it really better if you spam 5mans for 1-2 weeks after hitting 60 and then they are almost completely irrelevant and it's basically raid or do nothing for the entirety of the x-pac? I also find it hard to outright agree with your progression ladder point. As you've said yourself, retail has near constant progression (re-)started by every new patch, it's just a different model than classic. On the other hand your Classic progression basically ends shortly after hitting 60, if your toon doesn't raid.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2019-09-14 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Lol this guy again, you really need to find more productive things to do with your life. Why are you so invested in a game you dont like?
    He won't. Just replied to everyone to further the troll and thinks replies are somehow a goal post to truth.