Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have no clue about coding or anything of the likes, but the only reason I can see going against it is that the updated models were made on a later version of the game. So probably with a boatload of changes to the engine. I have no clue how classic is made, if its emulated on the later versions of the engine or if its made on the old engine from back in the day.

If its the old engine I can see compatibility issues with the new models. Updating engine to support it would introduce a lot of other bugs and glitches probably so not really worth the effort then.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Irrelevant to you maybe, but important for others.
    It is pretty irrelevant. You see you as you are, other might see it different. But the character behind the screen is what makes the character in the game. Not just the looks. Aside from that, 90% of the time you can't even see your character due to your helmet and things like that.

I know people on RP servers circumvent that by unequipping their helmet when in the city or something, but that shouldn't stop the rest of the playerbase from enjoying newer charater models.

Aside from my reason stated above, there is really no downside to implementing updated models. Its like classic in a smoother fancier new skin which I am all up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So as you can see, people don't want YOU to have the new models option. Even if they won't ever see them themselves.
    I think that draws some not so pretty conclusions, doesn't it?
    Seriously, people, how having an switchable option impacts you if you wont use them? Additional toggle in settings is a change and thus unholy evil to you?
    Because they want to decide how you play. They can't stand that you don't see and play how they want that you should play the game, even if this things never affect them and they are only available on a personal basis. So naturally they are against it.

Even more: there were even #nochanges-idiots who didn't even want a colorblind-mode because of well: #nochanges. (and yes, people who don't like a colorblind-mode because of this reasons are idiots, period. Going against disabled persons because they want to be the purest #maga... i mean #nochanges-person in the game is simply an stupid moron)

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, these exact #maga... i mean #nochanges-people (i always mix them, so similar) are probably the first who switch layers and are the first that are now FURIOUS because of the nameplate-change. I saw exactly the same people who screams #maga... #nochanges now totally being outraged because they can't change the range of nameplates anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why Classic players (Atleast some of them) Are so rude at times. "Go play Retail" I think it's kinda an unfair thing to say to someone wanting to play Classic. Makes it sound like it's a special club for all the cool kids who live in their parents basement.

On topic though: Let's not make the classic fanboys cry. Keep it as is for now. Even if many of the male models are ugly as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We already had like 20 of these threads.
    No changes.
    Everything is perfect in Classic.
    Stereo typical classic fanboy/girl here. Lying to themselves to live the so called "Glory days." Classic has SO many issues. Issues Vanilla had that would be fixed in TBC.

Also, Links to these threads? Or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I don't get why Classic players (Atleast some of them) Are so rude at times. "Go play Retail" I think it's kinda an unfair thing to say to someone wanting to play Classic. Makes it sound like it's a special club for all the cool kids who live in their parents basement.

On topic though: Let's not make the classic fanboys cry. Keep it as is for now. Even if many of the male models are ugly as hell.
    And the award to the "Hypocrite of the Day" goes to you.

OP is being rude, insults everyone who disagrees with him and then you come here and then you act the same. But the "classic fanboys" are rude haha.

Also yeah this thread sucks. We've had this discussion a billion times already and yet people like OP come here with the same non-arguments. Get over it, we're not getting the WoD models in Classic.

It's kinda funny. I was just in Loch Modan on Classic, some Hunter was fighting a level 22 Crocolisk rare spawn. It was tagged by him. Since I wanted it for me, I just sat next to him and watched him die, so that I could get a shot. If he failed, he had his shot and he messed it up. If I help him, I'm not gonna get anything out of it, because that's the way it works in Vanilla. He also made no attempt to invite me into the group so that we could both have a shot at the loot. So I watched him die, then pulled and killed the thing. He whispered me "People like you should play retail"

How does that make any sense? In BFA (retail is a term from the pirate server community btw, both classic and BFA are actually retail) we most likely would've shared the rare spawn. It would've counted for us both and we would have had personal loot. I would have had every reason to help him in the current game. In Classic however, the game encourages you to compete with each other. He didn't invite me because he knew I might get the loot and he'd get nothing. (Depending on the loot rules). I did not help him because when the mob was tagged, I would not have gotten anything out of it and only prevented myself from having a shot at the rare spawn myself. Letting the guy die, who wasn't even able to kill the mob by himself, made all the sense in the world with the systems that are set up in Classic WoW. There is no incentive for helping someone in that situation, other than a warm feeling in my heart. But if a guy intentionally does not invite you into a group, even though he wants your help, because he fears you might "steal" his loot, there is no reason to help the guy just for the sake of doing him a favour. He automatically seems unworthy of your kindness.

It seems to me that if he does not like the consequences of such systems, that he is the one that should go play "retail".
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; 2019-09-14 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Also yeah this thread sucks. We've had this discussion a billion times already and yet people like OP come here with the same non-arguments. Get over it, we're not getting the WoD models in Classic.
    Oh nice, isn't it exactly the same argument as said before: Get over it, we're not getting Vanilla. And then the community wanted it and they got it. Whoops. Sorry, but just because you don't agree with the thread does not mean that it sucks. I know it's hard to accept, but other people have actually other views.

And this we want vanilla-argument was also repeated without end while people said the same thing you said on page 1 and repeated the same here too. Again and again and again. Just because something get's talked over and over again does not mean that we should stop talking about it. It's an interesting topic and many people also want the new character models.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-09-14 at 11:15 AM.

woudn't mind, but also wouldn't use it

old animation skeletons tickle the right spots in my brain

5+ Year Old Account
    And the award to the "Hypocrite of the Day" goes to you.

OP is being rude, insults everyone who disagrees with him and then you come here and then you act the same. But the "classic fanboys" are rude haha
    To be fair. I didn't bother to read the OP's post. I just saw the title. Read a few things people were saying, and posted what I said. Don't know how that makes me a hypocrite. I've met some really dick players while playing classic (And I am still playing it) It's sad that they wanna drive people away from classic. Would just prove those posts saying "Classic will be dead after a year" right. *Shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    woudn't mind, but also wouldn't use it

old animation skeletons tickle the right spots in my brain
    Jep, and as we had already it in WoD before it was later removed there was a checkbox in the interface-options that you could activate to get the old models back. They later removed it, because they didn't want to program the animations for both models again and again, but that should not be an issue in wow-classic.

Exactly this: someone who want to be a purist will never see how others see their game. "But they could see them in screenshots and it would ruin their vanilla-experience..." *sigh*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    It's kinda funny. I was just in Loch Modan on Classic, some Hunter was fighting a level 22 Crocolisk rare spawn. It was tagged by him. Since I wanted it for me, I just sat next to him and watched him die, so that I could get a shot. If he failed, he had his shot and he messed it up. If I help him, I'm not gonna get anything out of it, because that's the way it works in Vanilla. He also made no attempt to invite me into the group so that we could both have a shot at the loot. So I watched him die, then pulled and killed the thing. He whispered me "People like you should play retail"

How does that make any sense? In BFA (retail is a term from the pirate server community btw, both classic and BFA are actually retail) we most likely would've shared the rare spawn. It would've counted for us both and we would have had personal loot. I would have had every reason to help him in the current game. In Classic however, the game encourages you to compete with each other. He didn't invite me because he knew I might get the loot and he'd get nothing. (Depending on the loot rules). I did not help him because when the mob was tagged, I would not have gotten anything out of it and only prevented myself from having a shot at the rare spawn myself. Letting the guy die, who wasn't even able to kill the mob by himself, made all the sense in the world with the systems that are set up in Classic WoW. There is no incentive for helping someone in that situation, other than a warm feeling in my heart. But if a guy intentionally does not invite you into a group, even though he wants your help, because he fears you might "steal" his loot, there is no reason to help the guy just for the sake of doing him a favour. He automatically seems unworthy of your kindness.

It seems to me that if he does not like the consequences of such systems, that he is the one that should go play "retail".
    I honestly think those kinds of people who say that crap to others are from Private servers. I've met some good people on Classic.. But i've met so many rude people while playing. Also, Isn't that the "Classic experience" people wanted? A person dying, and watching what they were trying to kill get killed by someone else?

I honestly think those kinds of people who say that crap to others are from Private servers. I've met some good people on Classic.. But i've met so many rude people while playing. Also, Isn't that the "Classic experience" people wanted? A person dying, and watching what they were trying to kill get killed by someone else?
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Many such things were changed over the years especially because of the negative feelings it causes.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to interfere with the "hardness" of Classic. Helping would be detrimental to their experience.

OP, I support you and understand but it isn’t that easy.

The main issue isn’t overcoming nostalgia, it’s that the new character models don’t work with the old animations and gear. And once you start changing animations it becomes a very slippery slope.

If it was just as simple as controlling how you look it would be one thing but animations, gear clipping, and so many other small things would have to be done that it’s just not financially worth it

It would be the equivalent of having to introduce them again in retail (brand new) due to how much they’d have to redesign those new models to fit into the old world animations and gear etc

It wouldn’t bother me to see it but from a business POV it isn’t worth it

Rather than an option it might be easier for them to just release an official, optional patch that replaces the models clientside.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

The main issue isn’t overcoming nostalgia, it’s that the new character models don’t work with the old animations and gear. And once you start changing animations it becomes a very slippery slope.
    First: that's not true, all old animations and all old gear was fitted for the new models. Especially gear, others it would not be possible. Every piece of gear in the game needed to be refitted for the new models. If you have quite a complete classic-transmog-list on retail you can see that nothing there was changed, not even were they made more high-rez. they are as ugly as in Vanilla.
    And where would here be the slippery slope: If you have the old character-models, you already have all the old animations, it would not change anything at all.

If it was just as simple as controlling how you look it would be one thing but animations, gear clipping, and so many other small things would have to be done that it’s just not financially worth it
    Again sorry, but that's not true. As said above: all work on it is done in WoD. They retrofitted all the gear of vanilla, bc, wotlk and so on. There is no clipping, at least not more than we already have.

It would be the equivalent of having to introduce them again in retail (brand new) due to how much they’d have to redesign those new models to fit into the old world animations and gear etc

see above. No work actually at all, the models and the characters are fitted to wear the old gear, and have as far as i know also all old animations still available, since not many spells were completely removed or changed in WoD. Even the old mind flay i think worked with the old models, and that's not so much work as you think it is. Maybe there would be a few spells where it would be necessary, but i doubt it
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-09-14 at 11:30 AM.

Did we really need another thread with 0 new arguments?

No we're not getting the new character models. They don't fit into the world, they don't fit with the old gear, the old animations don't work with them etc. Also the entire point of classic is to be as close as possible to the original. Just because some small changes were made it doesn't mean that they should continue changing stuff.

Just get over with it ffs. This topic has been brought up here since classic was announced and nothing happened and your thread won't change that either. There's nothing new you're saying here.
    Did OP purposefsully ignore your points? I mean I came here on a natural ground and your post convinced me.

5+ Year Old Account

I actually have to agree with what you are saying here. As much as I dislike the male models for Classic (And OG wow in general) The new models would probably break the game.. Blizz could fix that... but this is activision blizz we are talking about. They will likely put instant 60 in classic.. (Which would be horrible.)

It worked in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    It worked in WoD.
    One of the only things. The other was leveling and Gladiator Stance. But yes, WoD let you decide between old and new models, and everything there worked perfectly in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    Did OP purposefsully ignore your points? I mean I came here on a natural ground and your post convinced me.
    Already adressed it several times.