Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i wouldnt care if they made it a toggleable option like it was in WoD

No.

nonononononononono.

NO!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    One of the only things. The other was leveling and Gladiator Stance. But yes, WoD let you decide between old and new models, and everything there worked perfectly in this regard.
    I completely forgot they did that....

One of the only things. The other was leveling and Gladiator Stance. But yes, WoD let you decide between old and new models, and everything there worked perfectly in this regard.
    no. it did NOT.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I would really like to see this. Some of the old models, like Dwarf are just awful and especially the new Gnome female looks so gorgeous and I would love to be able to use that model. I don't see anything wrong with this as an option.

This could even extend to new NPC models, like wolves and bears, and even druid forms. As OPTIONAL of course.
    So, you need to understand that Classic is a mmo-rpg, where the same world is perceived by you, me and many others. This world must look as close as possible to both of us, to keep it's integrity.

An option to use new character models would devastate the core of Classic: the interaction with other players. When I create an "awful-looking" Dwarf, I want to be perceived that way, but if you activate new character models, you'll see me as a new model, ruining my character creation process. You are what you conquered in Classic, and I conquered that ugly-ass Dwarf, so I'm allowed to show it off without you modifying my appearance for your eyes.

This is why there are no new models in Classic, be it a personal or a global setting.

I already adressed that. Twice.

There are already changes that have been made to Classic.
    That's just playing semantics here. #nochange is about the least possible amount of changes, so it's not because "there has been change" that suddenly everything is on the table. I mean, a six-years-old could understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    no. it did NOT.
    Yes it did. Interface old models on, they worked, new models on, they worked. I know that WoD was the second most crappy expansion and you have probably a hate of it (justified), but character models worked there, both the old and the new ones. I testet them enough to know it.

Why mmo champ changed policy and allows troll accounts to create threads and then bait ppl on their normal accounts to get infracted I don't get it.

Go back to retail OP. Your issue should be fixed instantly.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about. We could pick between old and new models in WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

Absolute nonsense. I play both so... your point? I still have not seen a coherent argument against having the option for new character models.
    YOu even know how to read instead of trying to pick fights? I LITERALLY SAID THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ON BFA. You can toggle the new skins on and off BUT the actual model (aka runing animation, attacking etc) is the same. This is literally why people made a big deal when blizzard announced they would use the Legion client for Classic, bc people didn't want the new models (NOT THE RESKING, BUT THE ACTUAL MODELS) in Classic.

I swear to God, people on MMOC just get a stiffy for trying to pick fights when they only read the first 3 letters of a comment

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    Go back to retail OP. Your issue should be fixed instantly.
    Not reading what the op wrote - check
    Saying that everyone who don't agree with your opinion is a troll - check
    Go back to retail - check

Congratulation, you get the #maga... #nochanges-medaillion on the red band.

Please read before you are posting. It's a change that will not affect your gameplay at all. We already have many changes: why aren't purists uprising because we have working raidframes in Classic. Why not complain to blizzard that you want the unusable raidframes back that no one used because of #nochanges.

BECAUSE THEY DON'T AFFECT YOU. NOBODY USED THEM, AND EVERYONE CAN DECIDE THEIR OWN RAIDFRAMES AS THEY WANT. The same can be said about character models: only the player who enables them would be affected by them, not the general public.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-09-14 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    So, you need to understand that Classic is a mmo-rpg, where the same world is perceived by you, me and many others. This world must look as close as possible to both of us, to keep it's integrity.
    Ah ok. If I have the option to see my character with the new models, it would destroy the integrity of the game. Of course it would. The space-time continuum would explode.

guy who wants classic: no changes its a slippery slope one thing leads to another and threatens the integrity of the product!

ppl who want changes: dont be stupid its not a slippery slope it doesnt even affect you

OP: there are changes therefor it needs more changes

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    YOu even know how to read instead of trying to pick fights? I LITERALLY SAID THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ON BFA. You can toggle the new skins on and off BUT the actual model (aka runing animation, attacking etc) is the same. This is literally why people made a big deal when blizzard announced they would use the Legion client for Classic, bc people didn't want the new models (NOT THE RESKING, BUT THE ACTUAL MODELS) in Classic.

I swear to God, people on MMOC just get a stiffy for trying to pick fights when they only read the first 3 letters of a comment
    And that is supposed to tell me what? Give people the chance to pick whatever models they want to use and then have whatever fighting animations fit the model. As long as you can choose what you see, where is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    To be fair. I didn't bother to read the OP's post. I just saw the title. Read a few things people were saying, and posted what I said. Don't know how that makes me a hypocrite.
    I'd say if you're rude to a bunch of people while complaining they are rude, without even bothering to read what they are answering about... yeah, that's pretty much a textbook definition of hypocrisy. Do you even know what hypocrisy means ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it did. Interface old models on, they worked, new models on, they worked. I know that WoD was the second most crappy expansion and you have probably a hate of it (justified), but character models worked there, both the old and the new ones. I testet them enough to know it.
    Haven't they changed a bunch of animations between WoD and Legion ? That could have broken the link allowing to switch models.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    OP: there are changes therefor it needs more changes
    Strawman.

I never said "there are changes therefore it needs more changes".

I said that "no changes" is not an argument when there are already changes.

And changes should always be made based on whether they are good or not and whether they allow people to experience Classic as close to the original as possible. Optional graphical changes allow this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    Why mmo champ changed policy and allows troll accounts to create threads and then bait ppl on their normal accounts to get infracted I don't get it.
    The Classic forum are pretty much overlooked when it comes to moderation. I've seen people infracted for trolling in the Off-Topic forum for being somewhat snide, while account who constantly post downright insulting answers and repeatedly troll here are just left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Sorry, i've read many answers. Some totally understandable, some not but this is probably the worst of them at all. Sorry, but that's totally crap. First RP. WoW was NEVER AN MMORPG. WoW was always an MMOG. Blizzard already made this clear in vanilla, and the RP-Argument is around as stupid. IF this was really an issue on RP-Server, do you know what could be easily done: disable them on RP-Servern.

But all other server are no RP-Server, so it does not matter. And the integrity was already compromised when they introduced layering, or when people now are uprising because blizzard changed the nameplates back to how they worked in vanilla. Or when they changed the Water to be not as ugly as it was in vanilla or so on. Classic is not Vanilla, and personal character models would not affect you at all, except on RP-Server, but first it could be easily disabled there, and really, who gives a crap about RP. Many servers were opened, but no RP-Servers or some things like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new character models look absolutely ridiculous next to old low poly assets of vanilla WoW. So whats next? Updating all the old props and textures as well? That would mean using assets from new expansions or creating new ones from scratch and transforming the world that we lost once before, again.

Strawman.

I never said "there are changes therefore it needs more changes".

I said that "no changes" is not an argument when there are already changes.

And changes should always be made based on whether they are good or not and whether they allow people to experience Classic as close to the original as possible. Optional graphical changes allow this.
    are you mentally stunted? "I never said "there are changes therefore it needs more changes"." but the next sentence is "I said that "no changes" is not an argument when there are already changes." quite literally an argument for changes on the basis that there are changes.

It's not a strawman, it's almost word for word how you construct your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    The new character models look absolutely ridiculous next to old low poly assets of vanilla WoW. So whats next? Updating all the old props and textures as well? That would mean using assets from new expansions or creating new ones from scratch and transforming the world that we lost once before, again.
    Then don't use them.

Besides, many environments in the current game look old. Do you not go to Outland, because your character would not fit in with the environment?