Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Haven't they changed a bunch of animations between WoD and Legion ? That could have broken the link allowing to switch models.
    Yes they did. But... what does it matter. Animations changed in Legion, but do you think they don't have the old data anymore. In legion many spells changed, and they didn't want to carter the old models anymore, BUT these changes are not in Classic, so it would not be affected at all, because the old animations still works with the new models. Maybe not on the allied races, but we don't have them in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    are you mentally stunted? "I never said "there are changes therefore it needs more changes"." but the next sentence is "I said that "no changes" is not an argument when there are already changes." quite literally an argument for changes on the basis that there are changes.

It's not a strawman, it's almost word for word how you construct your argument.
    No, you simply have severe problems comprehending what I am saying.

If you are saying "no changes", then the game has already failed you, because there are changes. "No changes" has never been a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    No, you simply have severe problems comprehending what I am saying.

If you are saying "no changes", then the game has already failed you, because there are changes. "No changes" has never been a reality.
    ok, but there are layers and nuance to failing, which you fail to comprehend, dont throw your ignorance in my direction pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't use them.

Besides, many environments in the current game look old. Do you not go to Outland, because your character would not fit in with the environment?
    I don't really ever need to go to Outland tbh. Current WoW is played at end game where everything looks updated already.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    The new character models look absolutely ridiculous next to old low poly assets of vanilla WoW. So whats next? Updating all the old props and textures as well? That would mean using assets from new expansions or creating new ones from scratch and transforming the world that we lost once before, again.
    Did you ever equipped vanilla-loot on retail: they look ridiculous already. And go to feralas on the live-realms. This zone is one of the zones that weren't changed at all in cata and have all the old extremely low-poly assets. In Feralas on the live-realm it's actually exactly the same as feralas on the Classic-realm. Especially feralas was in classic already one of the worst looking zones. It's beautiful as long as you don't look too much around you. Especially the hideous trees. The trees didn't changed ever.

I don't really ever need to go to Outland tbh. Current WoW is played at end game where everything looks updated already.
    Yeah you never go back to the old world, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Did you ever equipped vanilla-loot on retail: they look ridiculous already. And go to feralas on the live-realms. This zone is one of the zones that weren't changed at all in cata and have all the old extremely low-poly assets. In Feralas on the live-realm it's actually exactly the same as feralas on the Classic-realm. Especially feralas was in classic already one of the worst looking zones. It's beautiful as long as you don't look too much around you. Especially the hideous trees. The trees didn't changed ever.
    Felwood trees are the stuff of nightmares, especially from above.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. It's WoD content, and has no place in vanilla. Its like if someone added Diablo 3 models to Diablo 2. It would be horribly out of place, and cause a disconnect to the shared experience where some people are experiencing different things.

Also, you'd drive away a large portion of the fanbase that will most likely make for the "core" that sticks around in classic. If you change to keep some tourists, you're gonna end up losing the loyalists.

10+ Year Old Account
    There really is no need. All the professions can be done at new zones, all the characters have already been leveled past old zones. All the game content besides holidays and other events are at max lvl unless you farm like mounts or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    No thanks. It's WoD content, and has no place in vanilla.
    You can have water effects, that aren't from Vanilla.

You can change the order of your characters in the menu. That is not from Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Felwood trees are the stuff of nightmares, especially from above.
    Ok, felwood probably tops them, yes. But there they are all dead, and it's not too bad because they are supposed to lood dead and bad. Try to fly on height of the trees in Feralas, they are so utterly utterly ugly. They look like trees in minecraft; althrough maybe minecraft have a higher resolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Also, you'd drive away a large portion of the fanbase that will most likely make for the "core" that sticks around in classic. If you change to keep some tourists, you're gonna end up losing the loyalists.
    And how when it's disabled by default? Nobody says that they should be enabled by default. All other things DOES NOT AFFECT ANYBODY ELSE. Except people who are angry because others does not play the game the way they want to.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-09-14 at 12:09 PM.

There really is no need. All the professions can be done at new zones, all the characters have already been leveled past old zones. All the game content besides holidays and other events are at max lvl unless you farm like mounts or something.
    And you never use the auction house. You never do an old raid for a mount or transmog. You never participate in a holiday. You never do a quest that sends you back to the old world? Because every expansion has those quests. You haven't done class quests in Legion? Stop lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Ok, felwood probably tops them, yes. But there they are all dead, and it's not too. Try to fly on height of the trees in Feralas, they are so utterly utterly ugly. They look like trees in minecraft; althrough maybe minecraft have a higher resolution.

- - - Updated - - -

And how when it's disabled by default?
    I believe you, Feralas is awful.

You can have water effects, that aren't from Vanilla.

You can change the order of your characters in the menu. That is not from Vanilla.
    How is any of the things I said a strawman if this is how you present your argument. You don't even disagree with me; you want to justify further changes because there are changes in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you never use the auction house. You never do an old raid for a mount or transmog. You never participate in a holiday. You never do a quest that sends you back to the old world? Because every expansion has those quests. You haven't done class quests in Legion? Stop lying.
    Auction house mount bro.

I personally wish that we would get more quests that send us back to old zones.

Auction house mount bro.
    That still leaves all the other things. There isn't a single person that doesn't visit the old world.

10+ Year Old Account
    That still leaves all the other things. There isn't a single person that doesn't visit the old world.
    Also I don't play the game for its graphics. People who judge a game by its graphics miss so many amazing gaming experiences.

Also I don't play the game for its graphics. People who judge a game by its graphics miss so many amazing gaming experiences.
    Now you're contradicting yourself. You say the new models would look too awful with the old environments, and then you say you don't care about graphics.

You can just play retail instead. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    You can just play retail instead. LOL
    Both games are retail. Only pirate server players would call the current game retail.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Why models are so important? O_o
    sounds like you just can't understand people who like high rez better than 15yo graphics.

your character and the UI are the only things you see at all time when you play. we can work the UI to our likings pretty much. what's wrong with something to help with the look of our chars? specially if it's an option that changes things only for the player who use the option. would be happy with transmog even if I'm the only one to see it.