Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    You can just play retail instead. LOL
    Congratulation, now you have given it to us; you postet something that many parrots before already said before too. Sadly not even the LOL is unique, somebody on site 2 already posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Also I don't play the game for its graphics. People who judge a game by its graphics miss so many amazing gaming experiences.
    And most others do. WoW is still so popular because of it's graphics. It's quite timeless, and compared to 15 years later it's still not entirely outdated. Even more, WoW back then was graphically very up to date. Look at the time WoW came out: it was 2 years after oblivion, a game that was graphically so extreme bad and still got sold. Half Live 2 came out and was graphically not much better than wow is. Even back in Vanilla WoW had some hidden settings that could make it look so well. Especially the grass you could turn it up to an extreme high level with some console settings.

Now in Classic we got many, MANY changes in the graphics-section: Shadows for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    sounds like you just can't understand people who like high rez better than 15yo graphics.

your character and the UI are the only things you see at all time when you play. we can work the UI to our likings pretty much. what's wrong with something to help with the look of our chars? specially if it's an option that changes things only for the player who use the option. would be happy with transmog even if I'm the only one to see it.
    I think the biggest issue with transmog on the live-realm is that it can't be disabled. Yes, here even Transmog would not change anything, AS LONG as you need to enable it for yourself. But here it could actually come to some gameplay-issues; especially when some have it enabled and some don't, that's for sure. So i would also be against a transmog-system like we have it on classic.

But as you said: what i would like to see is a transmog that works only on your character only and nobody else can see it; it doesn't matter what you see, as long as only you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post

Also, you'd drive away a large portion of the fanbase that will most likely make for the "core" that sticks around in classic. If you change to keep some tourists, you're gonna end up losing the loyalists.
    that's bullshit. "loyalist" are not playing classic because they want to play old models. the one who quit the game because another player chosed to use an option to have new model. how ridiculous of an argument that is? "drive away a large portion of the fanbase that will most likely make for the core that sticks around in classic".... lol that's just ridiculous..... everything in that sentence comes straight out of your ass and is laughable at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I would really like to see this. Some of the old models, like Dwarf are just awful and especially the new Gnome female looks so gorgeous and I would love to be able to use that model. I don't see anything wrong with this as an option.

This could even extend to new NPC models, like wolves and bears, and even druid forms. As OPTIONAL of course.

Some people will say that it is not classic, if there are any changes being made to the game.

1. If you don't like it, don't use it. It won't ever have an effect on you at all. This is a purely positive thing.
    2. We already have many changes in Classic, like being able to rearrange your characters in the login screen, being able to restore your deleted characters and even something very similar to an optional graphical update. The water effects in Classic were different. If I have my settings on high I see the new, wonderfully clear water that was later updated.

So I really don't see anything wrong with having these things as options. I have yet to see one coherent argument against an option for new character models.
    Yea, you see nothing wrong with these changes you want... and others see nothing wrong with the changes they want... and another group sees nothing wrong with the changes they want...

You cant always get what you want. I'll even counter with I have yet to see one coherent argument in favor of an option for new character models. Because you didn't make one.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yea, you see nothing wrong with these changes you want... and others see nothing wrong with the changes they want... and another group sees nothing wrong with the changes they want...

You cant always get what you want. I'll even counter with I have yet to see one coherent argument in favor of an option for new character models. Because you didn't make one.
    The question is, can you make an argument as for why adding the option to use the new models would be bad? For as long as you can't, there's no reason not to make it optional. Nobody in here could give a good reason for why this option would be bad for the game, and would harm the enjoyment of the players with it. Every single issue people brought up can be solved by "don't use the models".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok. If I have the option to see my character with the new models, it would destroy the integrity of the game. Of course it would. The space-time continuum would explode.
    Completely obliterated.

It would be like, legal model hacks - improvements to your appearance must be FOUGHT FOR in Classic, you can't just win it with the flip of a switch!

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Completely obliterated.

It would be like, legal model hacks - improvements to your appearance must be FOUGHT FOR in Classic, you can't just win it with the flip of a switch!
    How can I "fight" for new character models in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is, can you make an argument as for why adding the option to use the new models would be bad? For as long as you can't, there's no reason not to make it optional. Nobody in here could give a good reason for why this option would be bad for the game, and would harm the enjoyment of the players with it. Every single issue people brought up can be solved by "don't use the models".
    I dont need to make an argument against your wish... My position is secure (in fact its backed by Blizzard)... YOU are the one seeking the change, and if Blizzard thought your change was worthy they would have added it with the other minor changes they added. You are the one that has to make the case, and thusfar you have failed.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was it possible back in the days?
    No.
    Vanilla is about that.

Thats it.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I dont need to make an argument against your wish... My position is secure (in fact its backed by Blizzard)... YOU are the one seeking the change, and if Blizzard thought your change was worthy they would have added it with the other minor changes they added. You are the one that has to make the case, and thusfar you have failed.
    1. It's not a change, it's an option.
    2. I don't even know what your position is. If your position is that adding the option to use the new player models would cause the game to "compromise the spirit of Vanilla" then you need to cite Blizzard agreeing with that position.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can I "fight" for new character models in the game?
    You can't. There's no way to upgrade your character model in Classic besides gear appearances, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Was it possible back in the days?
    No.
    Vanilla is about that.

Thats it.
    It wasn't possible back then to rearrange the characters in the log in screen. It wasn't possible back then to use the new water effects, they were added later. I'd be able to give you a list with things that weren't possible "back in the days", but have made it into the game. Apparently the game is still fun, otherwise you would have already abandoned it. The game was never supposed to have no changes at all, since that is impossible. If only for the fact that Blizzard can't properly recreate it, even if they wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You can't. There's no way to upgrade your character model in Classic besides gear appearances, as it should be.
    Then your comment was completely nonsensical.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. It's not a change, it's an option.
    2. I don't even know what your position is. If your position is that adding the option to use the new player models would cause the game to "compromise the spirit of Vanilla" then you need to cite Blizzard agreeing with that position.
    Tell all of us... Is it in the game, or is it not in the game? Now, after you answer that, tell us WHY it is like that. Then, tell us why it should change from that.

I'll wait. tick tock.

I don't like the new models at all, but I don't see why they couldn't add an option to change it. I certainly appreciated being able to still use the old models in Retail at the time.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you're contradicting yourself. You say the new models would look too awful with the old environments, and then you say you don't care about graphics.
    They do look awful in comparison but it doesn't stop me from playing.

Tell all of us... Is it in the game, or is it not in the game? Now, after you answer that, tell us WHY it is like that. Then, tell us why it should change from that.

I'll wait. tick tock.
    Already did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already did that.
    No, you didn't... Why is it NOT in the game?... If you have told us why, tell us again.

They do look awful in comparison but it doesn't stop me from playing.
    Then nothing you said had any relevance. There's no reason to not have an option for the new models in Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then nothing you said had any relevance. There's no reason to not have an option for the new models in Classic.
    RPG character building is still a valid reason.

RPG character building is still a valid reason.
    Having the option to use the new models does not hurt character building.

Exactly the opposite, it supports it, because it gives players more options to have their characters look the way they want them to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the option to use the new models does not hurt character building.

Exactly the opposite, it supports it, because it gives players more options to have their characters look the way they want them to.
    If you are right, why do you think Blizzard left out that option?