Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just here to read the comments of all the raging classic fanboys.

OP did make plenty valid points, but this thread could only go one way since it's in the Classic Sub forum where you're not allowed to say anything negative about Classic without getting a pack of rabid faboys on you. Less forums more playing Classic no? lol

You would've had to be a pretty delusional moron in order to believe that Classic was hard

Any mythic or even heroic encounter in the live game is much harder.

And you know what, that's fine. I love Classic because it's brain dead easy, not in spite of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's better to have a significant talent every 10-15 levels, than lots of filler useless ones every single level.
    The old talent trees give a significant talent every 10 levels anyways, I literally explained this in the post you JUST quoted... The old trees have a significant talent every 10 levels in addition to minor talents every single level, it literally has the part about the new talents that you think is better in addition to the benefit of giving leveling players something every single level to work towards.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-09-14 at 08:04 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The old talent trees give a significant talent every 10 levels anyways, I literally explained this in the post you JUST quoted... The old trees have a significant talent every 10 levels in addition to minor talents every single level, it's the best of both.
    Minus the significant part.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Minus the significant part.
    "no u"

Compelling argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Any mythic or even heroic encounter in the live game is much harder.
    Every time someone says retail is harder, they just keep pointing to mythic raids.

Almost like...mythic raiding is literally the only thing in retail that is hard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Every time someone says retail is harder, they just keep pointing to mythic raids.

Almost like...mythic raiding is literally the only thing in retail that is hard anymore.

It's almost like blizz tries to adapt to every single player that they made different difficulties, but its always gonna be a meme depending on your point of view anyways, classic players = "hurr durr retail has easy modes like LFR its an easy game", retail player "hurr durr classic is easy af compared to mythic raiding", so pick your point of view then throw your useless argument pretty much, the only issue is when people say that classic raiding as a whole is harder, cause this is objectively false given that in retail mythic exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Just here to read the comments of all the raging classic fanboys.

OP did make plenty valid points, but this thread could only go one way since it's in the Classic Sub forum where you're not allowed to say anything negative about Classic without getting a pack of rabid faboys on you. Less forums more playing Classic no? lol
    Which is odd. Almost all of his points seem to come from someone who's hardly touched classic. That or his/her server sucks.

His first point is correct other than I've heard nobody mention T1 as difficult. No guide or vanilla veteran I've heard mention MC as a difficult raid.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Jesus, I can smell the bias from a mile away.

Normal raids in retail have more diverse mechanics than Classic this far. To claim otherwise is raw denial, but others should note that a 15 year old game would naturally throw some new boss mechanics.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

There's also M+ or high level arena/battlegrounds. But that's enough to show that Retail offers difficult content for those who want it. Meanwhile, Classic has... what? Molten Core? Onyxia? The part that was always the hardest is harder than ever, proving their point nicely.

If anything, things will become even more clear when AQ40 releases and people who worship C'thun for staying unkillable for months will finally shut up once he dies within a reset of being properly patched. And at that time, "whoever said C'thun was hard?!" won't quite work as it's much more common than saying the same about MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's ok, OP. I hope you're enjoying your time in other games. I'm about at a point where I can comfortably juggle Classic and FFXIV, myself.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Yeah yeah, and The Hobbit is better than LotR, Matrix Revolutions beats the original Matrix, the Star Wars prequels are better than the "sequels", Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2 LoD, and Game of Thrones season 7+8 is better than season 1-6. Once you try to make some sort of ultra-concentrated version where you only add the things "people want" and remove all the things more than 10 people complained about, you get soulless husks of the originals.

BFA is a soulless husk.
    All those "flaws" in Classic is part of the charm, and part of what makes it such a satisfying game to progress in.
    Those pesky obstacles, imbalanced things and grinds provide so much more of an overall satisfying RPG experience than the brainless on-rails experience of action-RPG BFA, it can't be compared. Getting a level up feels like a real stepping stone. Spending a talent building towards a certain talent, grinding for certain mats just to craft some level 25 item that'll last you for 5+ levels.
    Getting killed because you were reckless. Actual MMORPG gameplay.

I would be confident in saying that most people feels more invested with some random 30-40ish alt on classic than any level 120 alt they maxed the past week, just to plow through all unlosable content yet again. And that people have interacted with more random players in these few weeks than the last year of BFA. Actually interacted, not just were phased together to kill something that had no chance of fighting back.

BFA is the real you-think-you-do-but-you-don't.
    You think you want a perfectly balanced, perfectly streamlined on-rails theme park "RPG" experience that gives you gold stars just by participating and makes sure nothing is ever too inconvenient and nothing is too grindy, nothing is ever out of your grasp. You are supposed to love this version where all content is designed to make sure you win, just because there's heroic and high m+.
    But you f'ing don't.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-09-14 at 08:43 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Yeah yeah, and The Hobbit is better than LotR, Matrix Revolutions beats the original Matrix, the Star Wars prequels are better than the "sequels", Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2 LoD, and Game of Thrones season 7+8 is better than season 1-6. Once you try to make some sort of ultra-concentrated version where you only add the things "people want" and remove all the things more than 10 people complained about, you get soulless husks of the originals.

BFA is a soulless husk.
    All those "flaws" in Classic is part of the charm, and part of what makes it such a satisfying game to progress in.
    Those pesky obstacles, imbalanced things and grinds provide so much more of an overall satisfying RPG experience than the brainless on-rails experience of action-RPG BFA, it can't be compared. Getting a level up feels like a real stepping stone. Spending a talent building towards a certain talent, grinding for certain mats just to craft some level 25 item that'll last you for 5+ levels.
    Getting killed because you were reckless. Actual MMORPG gameplay.

I would be confident in saying that most people feels more invested with some random 30-40ish alt on classic than any level 120 alt they maxed the past week, just to plow through all unlosable content yet again. And that people have interacted with more random players in these few weeks than the last year of BFA. Actually interacted, not just were phased together to kill something that had no chance of fighting back.

You think you want a perfectly balanced, perfectly streamlined on-rails theme park "RPG" experience that gives you gold stars just by participating and makes sure nothing is ever too inconvenient and nothing is too grindy, nothing is ever out of your grasp. You are supposed to love this version where all content is designed to make sure you win, just because there's heroic and high m+.
    But you f'ing don't.
    Not our fault if you like a shitty product

Bwahahahahahaha the funniest part was when he said everyone is about to quit. I see more and more players in classic every day. Guilds growing at a tremendous pace. When I log into retail....its tumble weeds. Just other retail players telling each other this is fine
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    But you f'ing don't.
    Thats what mediocre players think, "i win cause i did the easiest content my poor skills can handle", if you are fine being mediocre then you do you, as long as im not one of them, im fine, but using this as an argument is pretty meme worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    with sharding?not rly posible for it to be ghost town,half the classic servers on the other hand,literaly have become ghost towns,they rly need to start with the mergers
    You play on half the classic servers? I play on 4 of them and they are growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    This is the full realms, there are 21 high realms, 140 medium realms, 16 low realms and 9 new players realms (i left oceanic, latin america and brazil realms out on purpose to make this post even more funny btw) on the US only, funny how the OP AND YOU are full of shit, kinda knew anyways knowing how classic biased you are lul.
    I don't see how this contradict in any way what I posted about the situation in my realms. At least you recognize that the OP is full of shit, but you might want to tone down your aggressivity and realize that it doesn't change anything about what I said ?

As for the bias about Classic, at least I've a logical reason to post here, while all the people who only look for a pretext to shit on it but still spend their time in the Classic forum just look like they've some unhealthy obsession.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-09-14 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Not our fault if you like a shitty product
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Thats what mediocre players think, "i win cause i did the easiest content my poor skills can handle", if you are fine being mediocre then you do you, as long as im not one of them, im fine, but using this as an argument is pretty meme worthy.

Quality replies right here.
    Y'all seem bored, go farm a transmog set or something.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    what ques?more than half the servers have no ques anymore...I had to change realms because the one I started on you cant even find 10 lvl 60's at this point
    You are aware they doubled the server size and added a ton more servers to meet the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I don't see how this contradict in any way what I posted about the situation in my realms. At least you recognize that the OP is full of shit, but you might want to tone down your aggressivity and realize that it doesn't change anything about what I said ?
    Cause you point out what happens in your realms to somehow show the OP that retail is dead, when its just as false as 90% of the OP claims, which again shows how biased you are, its hilarious.