Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    The evidence is obvious that people have quit, most is a broad claim, but take twitch for instance, classic had over a million people on launch day, hundreds of thousands the week after, one hundred thousand now. This is proof that there is a decline.

Realms that had queue times, no longer have them. Realms that were high, are medium. More proof of a decline.

What more do you need?
    People were flocking to twitch to watch the opening of classic, watch streamers get to 60 etc etc. Now they are playing it. And server size has been increased as well as initial number of servers to MEET THE DEMAND because they didnt have enough servers for the massive influx of players. Amazing how you leave that out
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    *Vanilla* raids were hard. Very few people thought Classic raids would be hard, except for maybe Naxx. Starting at 1.12 IS NOT Vanilla difficulty. Anyone who played Vanilla knows how much of a difference 1.12 was compared to 1.0.
    It's amazing how many people don't understand this. 1.12 represented a significant power creep compared to release day vanilla. Clearing Molten Core in January of 2005 was a more difficult event than people are going to see on this classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Quality replies right here.
    Y'all seem bored, go farm a transmog set or something.
    Ho, sorry, you thought you deserved more?

You are free to like Classic for what it worths, but stop belittle Modern wow because it does not fit your taste.

Great summary of basically all classic players. Of course the classic army will show up an say none of it is true, but not surprising they can't face reality when they run back to a 15 year old game. They have a hard time coping with the the present and the truth, and seethe when its shown to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    Great summary of basically all classic players. Of course the classic army will show up an say none of it is true, but not surprising they can't face reality when they run back to a 15 year old game. They have a hard time coping with the the present and the truth, and seethe when its shown to them.
    Generalization is never true and never correct really. Read my reply then you will understand more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    It's amazing how many people don't understand this. 1.12 represented a significant power creep compared to release day vanilla. Clearing Molten Core in January of 2005 was a more difficult event than people are going to see on this classic server.
    Link the patch notes confirming this. This is by far the biggest myth.

Myths about classic that have fallen apart?

Hmm. On yea, I can think of one: "you think you do, but you don't".

I like how literally nothing OP said was even true except the first point.
    Why do people feel compelled to make posts like this? Did his guild bail on him to play Classic and now he has to write a long blog spreading lies about it so he can feel better?
    Last edited by bitmapman; 2019-09-14 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Several threads on MMO Champion saying raids were easy and Ragnaros would be killed on week 1.

We need to stop the myth classic raids were hard guys!!! WE need to stop it!!!

Dude, it was never a "thing" being said Classic raids were hard. Never. Stop this bullcrap trying to say otherwise.

Point 2, Talents.
    Classic talents are 100% better than retails. By a HUGE amount. Not even close.
    Specially rogue, the talent choices affect your gameplay by 100% compared to other talent trees.
    Not even close.
    "herp derp, all todays raids fall over in a weeks time. Back in classic, Ragnaros took 154 days to kill! Clearly classic raids were harder!"

A lot of your points indicate that you are basically hooked streamers fan, but I want to focus primarily on your false assumtions on talent tree. I don't really see the people who complain about old talents a lot. Sure the old talents were primarily 1% to ability (tho, to be fair, not all of them), but the main magic about them is that when you are leveling for a long time to achieve level up, you want some kind of reward. Leveling back then was meaningful process hence each stat increase, every talent point you got felt like anniversary.

In retail this experience is completely absent. All you do on retail is faceroll till level cap and then get into the vortex of boring meaningless game mechanics they prepared for you at it. The leveling process does not exist, hence there is no journey and no rewards given per each level. And this is a bad design in an RPG game. Not everything should be tied up to the max level, this is boring.

The rush to the max level is disgusting and streamers with their fans brought it to Classic. I'm glad I experience the game on the server without twitch addicts.
    Last edited by Ethas; 2019-09-14 at 11:49 PM.

This is all so false.

Raids ARE hard. You're playing a nerfed version of Vanilla, the 1.12.1 patch. This is BLIZZARD'S FAULT. NOT VANILLAS

Old talent trees ARE better, it most certainly beats going 30 to 40 levels without getting anything.

It absolutely is about the journey to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Raids ARE hard. You're playing a nerfed version of Vanilla, the 1.12.1 patch. This is BLIZZARD'S FAULT. NOT VANILLAS
    No, even classic players in this same thread agreed with point 1, stop being delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    No, even classic players in this same thread agreed with point 1, stop being delusional.
    Let's remind that what's been agreed is that MC & Onyxia were very simple and easy. The jury's still out when it comes to other raids (BWL isn't going to be very hard, either, but I certainly wouldn't put Naxx in any way in the same category).

This distinction between "all Classic raids" and "first tier of raids" is always forgotten is certainly ubiquitous, and I doubt it's accidental...

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Let's remind that what's been agreed is that MC & Onyxia were very simple and easy. The jury's still out when it comes to other raids (BWL isn't going to be very hard, either, but I certainly wouldn't put Naxx in any way in the same category).

This distinction between "all Classic raids" and "first tier of raids" is always forgotten is certainly ubiquitous, and I doubt it's accidental...
    Yes i agree thats why i call out when people dont do the distinction, the guy said that raids ARE hard, no distinction, included all tiers and used the verb to be in present tense, and this is where hes wrong, raids WERE hard, not ARE, and not all tiers WERE hard, only a few, but players like him have selective memory for sure.

Most of it is true, I guess you dont play classic or you play with a toxic group of people not with new ones.

Apart from 1 we know it so its easier.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    1. Classic raids are very hard.
    Yeah I don't understand how anyone could say that. They were time consuming to get prepared for and to do, but not really particularly hard. But MMOs weren't mechanically difficult back then anyway. Maybe a case of people misremembering.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones
    This is true.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60
    This is true.

4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends
    The first part is true, the second part isn't true, there's bound to be one person who won't be social so you can't say everyone. Overall majority of people playing do interact and are sociable in my experience in three different servers with multiple alts.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.
    This is true.

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy
    This is true.

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW
    This one is the truest of the bunch. I love Classic because I love playing casually. End game is just dull raiding and wpvp, and I can engage in wpvp at any point I want no matter the level. I'm happy I can log in and just do whatever I want with my time, questing, grinding, professions, since there's no rush to any end game the game is whatever I decide to do! On retail there's no incentive to those things. When I take a break from the game I just come back to grind out the catch up system and get to raiding, no other content matters so once that's done it's back to being bored. To me the most important as a casual player is always having alternatives to make meaningful progress for my character and retail doesn't offer that at all to me.

So these are the main ones I know about. If you have any other myths that were completely debunked by Classic's release feel free to post.
    But that was only one.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2019-09-15 at 12:09 AM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not blizzard fualt that some people are socialy chalenged to the point when the game literaly has to force others to speak to them .

also you seem to mistake aquitances with friends -_- huuuuge mistake to make irl -_-

whenever i hear edgy statments like yours i think about those after dramas where girl talks to someone once and then he starts to stalk her because she was the only one ever to show him minor interest -_-

but i bet your situation is different and those people who grouped up with you to kill boars faster are your BFF now
    Grouping up and doing things togeter repeatedly is as much a friend anyone in wow can become for me i will never let any e relationship evolve past that point whether they are e-acquaintances or e-friends is just semantics(english isn't my first language).to me they are one and the same because i dont have any interest in becoming real friends. I have enough irl friends that fill that role i do not require friends who live more then 30 minutes away. However i havent made a single “acquqintance” in Bfa because its honestly just not needed to reach goals outside of mythic raiding. I pugged my way to 2.4k using the lfg tool never playing with the same dude more then twice. And i never talk during my mythic 10 plus runs cause there is no reason to imo the lfg tool does everything for me i just show up play my class get my loot and get out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Enough of this nonsense. All the vanilla fanboys repeat the same thing like parrots "AGhgAH I mAdE MoRE FrIenDS heREee!!" . It's no one's fault you don't interact in Retail, the option is there (and encouraged) for those who want it.

Figure out something new and actually true to promote how "good" Classic is.
    Retail makes me see the other players as tools to use and discard i cant help it i guess i just fall easily into the use and abuse mentality. Its harder to do that in classic. Because the player pool is limited to a server so my actions have more consequences. I see little purpose in forging any relation with people in retail i pugged my way to 2.4k rating whitout using voice cyclying through hundreds of pugs who i kicked as soon as they made a mistake. Because of the lfg tool i was still able to achieve my goal. And i do the same when i make mythic plus groups.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2019-09-15 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    He is wrong in your opinion but he is right by mine.

And in Vanilla, if you did pvp and pve, you were screwed because talents for Pvp were nothing alike for pve. And same if you wanted to tank/heal to help a friend or something like that.
    It is not an opinion, he was objectively wrong. There are both choices to be made in the talent tree, even if you use the best talents there are points that can go anywhere, and respecing doesn't only cost 45g or 50g (most people will not reach 50g respec costs). Both of those things he lied about to make it seem like his opinion was interesting and important about something that very few people in this forum give a shit about, certainly what he has said has not changed anyone's mind on the game and is literally the same argument that has been repeated since the game began changing in earnest. Now, you can not like them, you can not like the talent trees and not like how respecing is done, you can even think respeccing costs too much gold, both of those ideas are subjective and you're free to think whatever you like, although people are still not obliged to agree with you.

Even in his reply he admits that he would never reach a 50g respec because the best things have already been determined and he would only ever follow the cookie cutter build, so what was the complaint about it costing too much in the first place? But I'm guessing that since he can only follow what others do that he doesn't do much thinking in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

I wonder if posts like this are serious. Like have you ever actually played one of the bosses or at least watched a video?

e.g.
    Patchwerk: literally stand still the entire fight
    Thaddius: move into the opposite camp when your debuff changes, the most difficult bit were people who were too dumb to move clockwise
    Heigan: move for 2 seconds, then wait for 1 second (that one was actually kind of difficult with a terrible connection)
    4HM: when debuff reaches 2-3 stacks, move camp

Basically any Classic encounter consists of 95% standing still, focusing on your 1-3 button rotation. Compared to modern games everything happens in super slow motion. No mechanic in Classic will prove a challenge, even for painfully mediocre retail players.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2019-09-15 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Normal raids in retail have more diverse mechanics than Classic this far. To claim otherwise is raw denial
    The fact that you think "more mechanics = harder" is raw denial.

C'thun has less mechanics but is insanely harder than most retail bosses.