Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did you get your mount at level 40? Tips and tricks are appreciated

So i got to level 40 2 days ago and had nowhere near the gold for the mount. (i had 30 gold at the time i reach lvl 40)

And i did the last thing a min maxer would do.
    I farmed gold for 2 days instead of continuing leveling SHAME & BLASPHEMY!

I dont care, i had fun.
    Was so happy when i got the mount i spent at least 30 min walking...NO, not walking, not anymore i mean ZOOMING around Orgrimmar and listening to music.
    Dont remember being this happy about a reward in years playing MMO's.
    I was...smiling IRL and crap zooming on my mount and listening to loud music.

And i was previously literally SHAMED by a level 43 Priest on a mount on my "walk" to buy it.
    He laughed at me because i was sprinting (im a rogue) and walking side by side to him.
    I whispered him "this is my last walk bro, im headed to buy the mount right now"

------

Questions:

Did you get your mount at level 40?
    How did you do it? (if its a "secret" its ok)
    Were you happy once you got it?

-------

EDIT:
    I forgot to tell how i got the mount gold.
    I pickpocket farmed SM Armory and Library as a rogue for 8gold an hour. Honest work took me 2 days worth of gaming sessions

I got it, the main thing is to just train the bare minimum of abilities that you really need from your trainer.

as a rogue you pretty much only need to learn SS, evi and poisons
    leave kick gauge at rank one and stuff like rupture or expose armor is useless for leveling
    it saves a lot of gold especially at 30+lvl

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

Questions:

Shocking amount of AH items being put up at prices below vendor price.

I am including risk free arbitrage of crafted items, wherein mats purchased are converted into vendor items.

Example, Greater Magic Essence at any price less than 15S can be turned into a wand and vendored at profit. Just one example.

Yes

I played a warlock so it was free

I was happy before and happier after.

No, i got it at 45, because i spent way too much at trainer and auction house

At 40+ quests and drops start giving a lot of gold, fast and easy gold.

This is not the first time i get mount, so no did not feel any thing special.

Tho back in 2006 i was very excited and happy to get my first mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea got it at 40

tip: play a warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I pickpocket farmed SM Armory and Library as a rogue for 8gold an hour. Honest work took me 2 days worth of gaming sessions
    RFD is better for this method, at least it was on Private servers.

I got it at 40, but I didn't have the gold immediately at 40. I was at 70G when I dinged. I'm a Rogue.

I didn't buy abilities I wasn't going to use. I skipped Ambush, Backstab, Expose Armor, some of the poisons, etc.

Then, since I wanted to do the "Green Hills of Stranglethorn" quest, I went to the Kurzen Compound and decimated the level 33's. I pickpocketed them all (about 1.2S per pickpocket, with some lockbox skillups) and collected green hills pages. This got me about halfway through my level, but it also got me the last 20g I needed in two hours. I only had to buy two pages to finish the quest.

Had my mount money at 38 as a warrior. I grinded beasts in shimmering flats mostly.

I’m level 36 on my rogue and currently have 89g. I found a gold farming spot and managed to get 45g today, was so happy about finding it that I bought all my skills and upgraded my gear. I’ll probably go back and farm another 50g or so before I forget about gold and go straight to 60 where it’ll be easier to farm, might even consider not looting and just grinding it hard to 60.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got it at 41. Don't waste your money on boe gear and useless skill ranks, that's everything you need to do.

I'm a warlock so looks like I'll be getting mine for free.

30 levels from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine at 40, sold stuff I picked up whilst leveling on the AH, trained only the abilities I needed, gathering professions helped, did a little bit of farming when I wanted a break from questing.

On the way to getting the epic for 60

Nah. I'm a druid. Mounts do not concern me; I'm a cheetah byahhhh! I will save for the epic mount instead.

Had the money at somewhere around 36, but I play a mage so it's almost like cheating. It's the usual stuff you read. Don't buy silly stuff on AH and sell whatever jank you find in the world. Helps being a class that doesn't die a whole lot, have cheap repairs and can make their own food/water.

Or play a warlock/paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Nah. I'm a druid. Mounts do not concern me; I'm a cheetah byahhhh! I will save for the epic mount instead.
    Isn't cheetah 20% slower than a mount, though?

Sure did. Iron ore, wool and silk carried me at least half the way there. The rest just came naturally from quests and enemies and a bit of frugality.

Got mine right at 40 with 2 gold to spare. Bought very minimal stuff from AH, took skinning and vendored it all. Sent decent greens/blues to a bank alt to auction.

Cool story. Sounds sarcastic but i mean it.

Erm yeah, I got my mount at 40.
    My brother, a friend and I leveled together during the first week. my brother is a warlock so he didnt need any gold at all. Overall we needed 60g per person to get the mounts. We hit 40 and missed like 10g overall so we continued to do 2-3 more quests before heading back to get the horses.

I myself (rogue) had 75g, my friend (priest) had to train alot of spells so he had like 50g

EDIT: btw in the meantime i kept my engineering up2date
    Last edited by Mauzi92; 2019-09-15 at 07:21 AM.