We think we do... [Week 4]

TBH not even new hyped games last longer than 1 week...

there are people still caring about twitch? roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    there are people still caring about twitch? roflmao
    Uh, duh? I mean, I don't watch it, but it's pretty obvious that Twitch is a great indicator of the success of and interest in a product. Look at all of the top games listed there - they all made a shit ton of money. While I think posts like this are unnecessary, saying "who cares about twitch?" is a dumb response. Companies use twitch engagement as a tool to see what types of games will be successful and as a way to determine their own success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    What, EXACTLY, is the purpose of your thread?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Pretty impressive considering how fast BFA dropped in comparison when it launched. I find watching WoW streams incredibly boring to watch myself, though I’d rather watch a Classic stream to see more hilarity during events like world pvp. Streamers like Sodapoppin and Asmongold are really carrying the scene with just their personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Uh, duh? I mean, I don't watch it, but it's pretty obvious that Twitch is a great indicator of the success of and interest in a product. Look at all of the top games listed there - they all made a shit ton of money. While I think posts like this are unnecessary, saying "who cares about twitch?" is a dumb response. Companies use twitch engagement as a tool to see what types of games will be successful and as a way to determine their own success.
    Its an okay indicator and shows classic is doing well, doesn't show that its bigger than retail x-pac launch. FF14 has a decently big player base so does ESO but neither get that many views.

Based on server caps and total amount of people sitting in queues there was an estimation that on launch around 2-3million people were playing or trying to play classic in total. Very impressive number but below what retail x-pac launches get.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Its an okay indicator and shows classic is doing well, doesn't show that its bigger than retail x-pac launch. FF14 has a decently big player base so does ESO but neither get that many views.

Based on server caps and total amount of people sitting in queues there was an estimation that on launch around 2-3million people were playing or trying to play classic in total. Very impressive number but below what retail x-pac launches get.
    And that's the only point I can see trying to be made in this thread. That classic is doing well. Not that it's beating retail, or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    And that's the only point I can see trying to be made in this thread. That classic is doing well. Not that it's beating retail, or anything like that.
    But it has to beat retail otherwise Classic fans can't get high off each other's smugness!

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post

"Not even ne hyped game" excuse me fucking what?

Yeah, they want to watch classic.

Half of them want to watch asmonbald and would watch him on an adult site too.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    But it has to beat retail otherwise Classic fans can't get high off each other's smugness!
    As someone who has been playing both the last few weeks, let me tell you this goes both ways pal. Let 'em enjoy it, retail only players were pretty huge twats about how awful classic would fail for months up to release.

Yeah, just conveniently ignore the 2 years of "it's just nostalgia, classic sucks, everyone is going to quit when they remember how bad it is" from retail fans

On the other hand... who the fuck uses Twitch in light-mode? It burns my eyes...

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Or, Retail has to beat Classic, otherwise Retail fans can't get high off each other's smugness!

Seriously, do you people (on both sides of the fanaticism) even think about what you say and write?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as there's nothing to discuss other than be another thread taking a victory lap. There are other threads for that so please keep the discussion in one of those.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."