Poll: What is your favorite Friday the 13th movie?

Thread: Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th

Happy Friday the 13th! If you're into superstition, you either love or hate the date. How do you spend it? I personally watch the Friday the 13th movie marathon if it's on (and usually there's always one on.) If so, what's your favorite in the franchise? Since it has its own date, it gets its own poll, with 13 choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off of pure nostalgia because I was young when I watched most of them a long time ago...2.3.4. and Manhattan for being cheesy. Haven't seen the 2009 remake.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Part 2, but I have a soft spot for X. It was so bad. So very, very bad... delightful.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Off of pure nostalgia because I was young when I watched most of them a long time ago...2.3.4. and Manhattan for being cheesy. Haven't seen the 2009 remake.
    You should, it's surprisingly good, and especially if you liked the first OG 3.

Been some time since I watched them but I'd probably rank them from best to worst:

1. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
    2. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
    3. Friday the 13th (1980)
    4. Friday the 13th Part 2
    5. Friday the 13th Part III
    6. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
    7. Friday the 13th (2009 Re-make)
    8. Jason X
    9. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
    10. Freddy vs. Jason
    11. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    12. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday

I really wanted to like Jason Takes Manhattan more due to its premise, but it falls so short and I just know that the producers wanted to have a lot more Manhattan scenes. Jason Goes To Hell is still worse despite some awesome kills.

I don' really like Jason. I watch his movies but I prefer Freddy or pinhead. Way scarier to me since theoretically you could just leave town and cross the country to geta way from Jason.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I understand it was also the 50th anniversary of Scooby Doo.

I hope you had no run ins with meddling kids.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Been some time since I watched them but I'd probably rank them from best to worst:

1. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
    2. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
    3. Friday the 13th (1980)
    4. Friday the 13th Part 2
    5. Friday the 13th Part III
    6. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
    7. Friday the 13th (2009 Re-make)
    8. Jason X
    9. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
    10. Freddy vs. Jason
    11. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    12. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday

I really wanted to like Jason Takes Manhattan more due to its premise, but it falls so short and I just know that the producers wanted to have a lot more Manhattan scenes. Jason Goes To Hell is still worse despite some awesome kills.
    Good list, good to see Jason Lives getting recognition, it really is one of the best, having characters that we actually care about (Tommy and Megan.) Takes Manhattan is a guilty pleasure, it's when the series jumped the shark and I love it because of that. Plus, the final scene in the sewer is creepy if not confusing. New Blood gets credit for trying something different with a copycat killer. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the 2009 re-make, but while it's a solid film, it's not very memorable. The Final Friday is good for trying to give us a conclusion (as if that'd ever work. lol) If nothing else, at least it first teased Freddy vs. Jason which is a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine. May seem shitty, but watching it in a packed theater opening night at midnight with a bunch of people in their late teens and 20's was fun as hell. I don't even remember how I got in, I was still a Freshman in High School. Part 1 and 2 of course are classics, though I must say Part 1 doesn't stand the test of time and only the final act is good, but before that, teenagers getting killed by a mystery killer might have been scary in 1980 but knowing the twist, the movie is hardly watchable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don' really like Jason. I watch his movies but I prefer Freddy or pinhead. Way scarier to me since theoretically you could just leave town and cross the country to geta way from Jason.
    What's scary is, it'd probably take months but he'd find you if he really wants to kill you. lol He has nothing else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Good list, good to see Jason Lives getting recognition, it really is one of the best, having characters that we actually care about (Tommy and Megan.) Takes Manhattan is a guilty pleasure, it's when the series jumped the shark and I love it because of that. Plus, the final scene in the sewer is creepy if not confusing. New Blood gets credit for trying something different with a copycat killer. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the 2009 re-make, but while it's a solid film, it's not very memorable. The Final Friday is good for trying to give us a conclusion (as if that'd ever work. lol) If nothing else, at least it first teased Freddy vs. Jason which is a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine. May seem shitty, but watching it in a packed theater opening night at midnight with a bunch of people in their late teens and 20's was fun as hell. I don't even remember how I got in, I was still a Freshman in High School. Part 1 and 2 of course are classics, though I must say Part 1 doesn't stand the test of time and only the final act is good, but before that, teenagers getting killed by a mystery killer might have been scary in 1980 but knowing the twist, the movie is hardly watchable.

- - - Updated - - -

What's scary is, it'd probably take months but he'd find you if he really wants to kill you. lol He has nothing else to do.
    Agree on Jason Lives. That's when Jason became the Jason everyone knows and associates to the series. Before then, he was just a normal guy (sort of)--and not the supernatural being he's widely recognized as.

I really enjoyed them bringing back a grown and sane Tommy Jarvis (the New Beginning interpretation was..odd). I read an interview with one of the producers of the new Halloween, and he said if he was in charge of the Friday the 13th reboot being worked on, he'd make Tommy the focal point. Here's hoping they take his advice.

And lastly--a nod to the most vicious death in the series in Jason Lives, in my opinion, when he bends the Sheriff's back in a very wrong direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jason X but mostly because it was HILARIOUS. Outside of that I hated the film series.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the first one. The mom played the part of a deranged person amazingly well, and the jump scare at the end the first time I saw it scared the shit out of me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Jason is my fav of the Slashers. I bought the bluray box set and I must say that I really enjoyed the continuation arc of 4-6 a lot.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan