... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gashluck View Post
    Well done Blizzard:

FUN DETECTED.

Yeah maybe it was a bug but players were farming and having fun ������
    It should say "ABUSERS DETECTED!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    They really should clarify if this is on Live or Classic.

they did

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    holy shit, that's actually pretty scary that Layering even seems to work in Instances.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope their Classic ban applies to retail too.
    it will, it bans the account based on that sub, wow classic is on the same sub as your live account.
    unless the people have 2 subs going, 1 for classic, and 1 for live wow, and have them seperated then no.

cause mine for example has 2

Fleplague 1: my main account
    felplague 2: a trail account i made on acident

both my live charecters, and all my classic charecters are under "felplague 1" so if i was banned i would lose both
    but if i had all my charecters on felplague 2, and my classic on felplague 1, and one got banned, the other would be fine. but i would need 2 subs for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Blizzard:

FUN DETECTED.

Man when blizzard banned me for using hacks to instantly kill bosses and teleport around the world and dupe gold, i got really mad, i was just having fun, wtf blizzard, FUN DETECTED

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    So, players abuse raid dng exp farm....nothing
    Players abuse raid/dng layering.....bans
    one means slightly faster leveling, the other means infinite gear at max level... seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Well done Blizzard:

FUN DETECTED.

If you are "Farming" then you go outside the dungeon and reset and then go again. You don't try to do something that reset the last boss while you are still in the room

Well done Blizzard:

FUN DETECTED.

How about you go back to the modded single-player game you crawled out of.

defending this exploit means you 1: were into such a group, 2: you have an IQ of 0

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    defending this exploit means you 1: were into such a group, 2: you have an IQ of 0
    He would not be able to breath if so.

Permabans please. Clean it better that you did with xp 10 man exploit / layer exploit.

the 2 are completly different,the xp thing was done by people just playing the game as intended,the guys abusing the layering to respawn bosses in their face....remember in cata 4.3 when ret paladins had a crazy dps increase bug?no one got banned or punished,because the bug was caused by normal gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Permabans please. Clean it better that you did with xp 10 man exploit / layer exploit.
    dont compare this to those situations,the xp thing and layer thing doesnt even qualify as an exploit,the xp was a bug and people were just playing normaly,nothing to punish for that,and layering in the case of farming was 100% working as intended,but blizzard just caved after all the complaning and changed it

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Who started the whole FUN DETECTED meme?

Because it's always been pretty fucking tedious imo.
    Actually, it's pretty old already. But it had nothing to do with exploits originally iirc.

They wont Ban dont worry. They want keep their Subs. They only throw Bans to some unlucky. Rest will still playing.

Out guild has all recipes 50+ Times once AQ Hit WE gonna sell all to prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    Uh huh, sure they did. Sure they did. Spreading blatant lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You cannot get "100k gold" in 48 hours by killing a 5man dungeon boss over and over.
    Actually it's fairly possible due to the tailoring patterns that are best in slot, most of the server economies have been dumped due to this. Basically you would farm the pattern then float it way under for easy turnover and rinse and repeat. Initial server prices before this rolled out were 400-700 but now they're ~100. That alone would have gotten people thousands of gold. Also taking into account the three different patterns and people also buying up cheap epics in hope of flipping them for much higher, there would have been high demand. Then there's all the extra things you can farm using this, so guilds as a whole would have earned 100k gold. Players who completely no life'd and rand the dungeons over and over could have made a few k especially if they saw the value of their items as part of that net worth increase.

It's a bit sad because Blizzard said they were "on top" of layer exploits and that people couldn't abuse the system but it's clear they just lie through their teeth at this stage. Classic has shown to be a bust just due to Blizzard's laziness, #nochanges was never a reality and they know they make way more out of micro transactions these days. Layering, leeway and no wall jumping has made this fairly mediocre from my expectations. I can't see a way for Blizzard to fix the economy after this one.

Oh god. It is so good to be on 'only' on semi-high populated realm.
    No DDoS attacks, no streamers, no economy problems, not many layering abusers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Players generated over 100k gold. This is in classic. They've royally fucked the economy. Not only that, even if the exploiters were permanently banned, any gold or items that they dumped into the economy/AH will not be removed.
    Yeah... probably in the same way like they had bags full of Black Lotuses and Arcane Crystals, right?
    People have to understand one thing: having 100k gold =/= having STUFF WORTH 100k gold.
    Anyway i really hope for perma bans in this case.

Honestly i'd love to see bans here too.

Sodapoppin (and other streamers) getting banned again?

What annoys me is that this has permanently ruined the economy on the servers, there is no going back. They cant just roll it back, if you ask me they should be perma banned, which is one way of removiing the excess gold.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what the actual exploit was but I remember back in the day, we'd have our group leader die and run back so he'd be at the start of the dungeon. The rest of the group would log out then the group leader would reset the dungeon. Everyone would log back in, keeping them in the exact same position in the dungeon as they were when they logged out. Then, they would summon the group leader. That's how we would farm the final boss of UBRS for loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    cheating bad. very bad. needs account destruction forever and tears.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't know what the actual exploit was but I remember back in the day, we'd have our group leader die and run back so he'd be at the start of the dungeon. The rest of the group would log out then the group leader would reset the dungeon. Everyone would log back in, keeping them in the exact same position in the dungeon as they were when they logged out. Then, they would summon the group leader. That's how we would farm the final boss of UBRS for loot.
    It's similar, it's still breaking the game and, clearly, a bug.
    Bugs are in the game, that was part of Vanilla and in the spirit of #NoChanges the same sort of bugs are still in Classic.
    However taking these bugs and using them for any sort of gains is against Blizzard rules now and back then. Exploiting is and always has been punishable with rollbacks, character bans, account bans and so on.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    What is this nonsense?
    Gold value =/= economy. A huge demand item with high value being oversupplied just sucked the gold from normal players who bought the item and also allowed exploiters and market manipulators to become whales. So yeah demand doesn't increase for a BiS item because it is already as high as it will get, yet the amount of gold and value that have been shifted have significantly impacted the game. There was enough layers to keep a steady flow of these, go watch the videos of people clearing this stuff. It's already the same with Devilsaurs and what not. The AH and economy have been completely destroyed by layering not just from instances. Players and guilds have even said they will actively horde for AQ once the initial wave settles. I like playing the AH more than any other aspect of the game and it's very clear this has impacted the economy dramatically. I'm not max level because I've been enjoying amassing gold and it's clear that huge amounts of money have shifted the balance of the economy. Like I've gotten a significant amount of value from these exploits and I haven't even been in the dungeons.

I'd say layering was a huge failure.

People knew this was not right, that this was not intended by the game, that this was exploiting. They took the risk and in this case Blizzard interferes, bad luck. They gotta take the consequences. Also pretty sure Blizzard is gonna distinguish between people who exploited this only once and those who exploited this several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a pretty critical exploit indeed. This is on the sort of scale that nearly wrecked Diablo 3 in its infancy.

You have to hope they have more ways to actually figure out who abused it than visual inspections (wealth)
    Like boss kill tracking would be the dead give away.. where a player has somehow killed a unique dungeon npc dozens of times but barely killed the trash for more than a couple runs.

We've seen bugs before, and I can completely get behind rationalising on the 1% (probably less) out of 100% taking advantage.. but people were talking about layering abuses (openly) months before classic launched, the people who took advantage of it on an industrial scale knew what they were doing and deserve an account/credit card ban (though I am not confident this will happen)

And doing nothing/expecting what has been done to resolve itself, will inadvertently punish the remaining players in the long run.
    Last edited by Pete; 2019-09-16 at 08:46 AM.

„Sorry RL, can‘t come to the Raid in real WoW because i had to Chest in the 15 year old Patch of the same game and got banned.“