Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

ATTACKED while questing, PVP

So, I was running from Duskwood to Stranglethorn Vale & shooting players an Arcane Intellect buff as I ran. Apparently when you buff a PVP player, you get flagged for PVP. This I did not know. Literally ten seconds after I got flagged I was attacked by a Horde Druid & Warrior who were hanging out in the Alliance zone. I Frost Nova'd them & blinked away to STV & hid under the bridge by the Rebel Camp until my flag wore off. This is why I play on a PVE server, I don't like being ganked while I'm out questing. Why would someone roll a character on a PVE server just to run around with PVP on? Why not just play on a PVP server if that's what you want? I hate world PVP, I mean I HATE it with a passion. Stop playing PVP on a PVE realm.

Or just smarten up and don't buff PVP flagged players? This isn't hard. PVP is optional on PVE realms; you opted in because you were careless/inattentive/whatever.

Getting punished for being a team player in Vanilla was, contrary to many beliefs, something that got you punished. The whole "Community" and "Blizzard promoted teamwork" back then... Simply isn't true. The game was every man for himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you see a player with Raid AIDS (green name), don't buff them. Simple as that.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendChris View Post
    So, I was running from Duskwood to Stranglethorn Vale & shooting players an Arcane Intellect buff as I ran. Apparently when you buff a PVP player, you get flagged for PVP. This I did not know. Literally ten seconds after I got flagged I was attacked by a Horde Druid & Warrior who were hanging out in the Alliance zone. I Frost Nova'd them & blinked away to STV & hid under the bridge by the Rebel Camp until my flag wore off. This is why I play on a PVE server, I don't like being ganked while I'm out questing. Why would someone roll a character on a PVE server just to run around with PVP on? Why not just play on a PVP server if that's what you want? I hate world PVP, I mean I HATE it with a passion. Stop playing PVP on a PVE realm.
    A good joke is always a nice thing.

what realm you on?......asking for a friend

You got yourself flagged, lesson learned. Don't come here expecting sympathy, although I'm guessing you came here with different motives than crying manbaby tears.

Welcome to Classic...? Pro tip: Retail used to work this way too, but it was changed in between MoP and WoD because groups were abusing it for Bloody Coins to get their Mushan mount from the Ordos vendor.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

So, I was running from Duskwood to Stranglethorn Vale
    I think we all knew how that would end.
    Anyhow, what did you actually want to discuss with this?

They pvp on pve because they are not good enough for a pvp server and have to go where they can seal club people

Stop playing PVP on a PVE realm.
    no kthnxbai
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Getting punished for being a team player in Vanilla was, contrary to many beliefs, something that got you punished. The whole "Community" and "Blizzard promoted teamwork" back then... Simply isn't true. The game was every man for himself.
    Reminds me when DHK's were a thing and you did "World PvP" and people would kill guards so everyone in the group/raid got a DHK.

I hope you are just trolling. If so this is quite funny.

If not, i'll play a tiny violin for you.

Sounds to me like the OP doesn't think he should get flagged for buffing. But since that buff affects any fights the pvp'er gets into, buffing is fair imo. And fwiw in case it hadn't occurred to any of you healing has the same result of getting you flagged.

This is a shitty attempt at trolling. Is this going to be on your livestream that 5 people (excluding your mother) watch?

This didn't happen. Anyone who actually plays the game knows you need to go into a friendly area to lose your PvP status. Hiding under a bridge in a contested zone for 5 mins will not do it.

Tell us what really happened OP. Did you see a horde flagged and decided to teach them a lesson only to get curbstomped? That's more likely than hiding under a bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's a shame blizzard listened to the crybabies and released an accurate classic wow, it should have been en enhanced classic wow and among the things which i find good is the new pvp system in retail when you can opt out from pvp. I find that system very good, if you offer players rewards most will be flagged for pvp in questing zones and if you simply don't want to be disturbed you take it off.
    I regret i started on a pvp realm, didn't expected for opposing faction players to be such assholes and gank me 24/7 no matter the level or what am i doing especially when there is no reward in it but just the satisfaction of making someone else's life hard.

Some quests require you to kill a target that is flagged for PvP (The quest inside stormwind keep comes to mind), so most people who are flagged have done so by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This didn't happen. Anyone who actually plays the game knows you need to go into a friendly area to lose your PvP status. Hiding under a bridge in a contested zone for 5 mins will not do it.
    No you don't. PvP flag drops in 5 minutes unless you're in an enemy-controlled zone.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Anyone who actually plays the game knows that this is completely incorrect. Why did you post this?