Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Anyone else think Esfand knew exactly what his group was doing? lol
    You mean the thing that the blue post clarifies as a completely unrelated and known bug that's been in the game since 2004 but just wasn't broadcast? No, I wouldn't take that bet actually.

Well streamers getting a free pass was expected. They are Classic, Actiblizz and shareholders best friends anyway (best sort of marketing for a video game in 2019).

Esfand did get a nice PR stunt as well and get more famous by that move (asking GM while exploiting) and avoid backlash. Note that I have nothing against him. I saw a couple of his videos and he seems like a genuine nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...and the internet's never-sated justice boner throbs again.

I swear to fucking God, some people in this community wouldn't be happy if Blizzard publicly executed, by way of guillotine, anybody who ever exploited. It's fucking weird, and I never understood people's fascination with punishments for these kinds of things.
    That's an awful lot of salt you've got there. Did you get hit with a ban for exploiting or did you exploit and are worried about what the punishment will be?

Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    That's an awful lot of salt you've got there. Did you get hit with a ban for exploiting or did you exploit and are worried about what the punishment will be?
    No, I just hate cancel/outrage culture and the internet's hivemind tendency to admonish and exaggerate the negative effects of exploits. Blizzard provided a perfectly reasonable explanation of their stance yet you still see people in this thread smugly proclaiming anything less than a permaban isn't justice served. Why? Why care so fucking much about other people's punishment? It's perverse. I do not think other people should revel in the punishment of others.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-09-17 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    you do realize layering isn't even supposed to work in instances, right?
    Don't you dare disturb the narrative. I demands heads i say, HEADS!

Good response from Blizz side imho.
    There is already a post on reddit with email screenshot about 1 month ban. Hopefully it is not fake one.
    Would love to see these greedy ass people being banned and crying on their shady discords.

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Everyone but streamers will get punished
    As always in these type of threads people focus on streamers being banned instead true exploiters that ruined some servers enconomy...
    Blue poster provided info about Esfand so he is clean.
    What about Asmon? Anyone can provide any vid of him doing it?
    Oh, wait... there is none since it is easier to blame streamers for everything without any proof.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2019-09-17 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Well streamers getting a free pass was expected. They are Classic, Actiblizz and shareholders best friends anyway (best sort of marketing for a video game in 2019).

Esfand did get a nice PR stunt as well and get more famous by that move (asking GM while exploiting) and avoid backlash. Note that I have nothing against him. I saw a couple of his videos and he seems like a genuine nice guy.
    Instance resets randomly = exploiting bugs???

Have you even read the blue post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    No, I just hate cancel/outrage culture and the internet's hivemind tendency to admonish and exaggerate the negative effects of exploits. Blizzard provided a perfectly reasonable explanation of their stance yet you still see people in this thread smugly proclaiming anything less than a permaban isn't justice served. Why? Why care so fucking much about other people's punishment? It's perverse. I do not think other people should revel in the punishment of others.
    Your guillotine example is nice. People lied just to sate their bloodlust during the Reign of Terror. Ironically, the man who created the contraption was executed with it. What goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    I just still think a month timeout and items removed is extremely soft.
    You have a weird definition of "soft" here. The guy lose all the things he exploited to gain, and then is froze from the game one entier month ? I mean, that's more than the time Classic has been release. Seems pretty good as far as punishment go.

So Esfand report it and clear it anyway ? a two times clear ina week and the devs said its ok they can clear ? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    So Esfand report it and clear it anyway ? a two times clear ina week and the devs said its ok they can clear ? wtf
    hah yeah its weird. When Blizzard knew this is not intended, shouldnt they just have recommended esfand and his raid not to reclear MC?

its a seperate bug, so that might have something to do with it. I still find it weird. It probably got something to do with esfands status in the wow community. Well liked guy allround with a big network, among fans and people inside Blizzard. So that probably has alot to do with it.

And how do you know if someone intended to do something? Can you read minds?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    When you have to jump 10 specific hoops that you would never do randomly, one involving layer hopping in a dungeon, they're not doing it on accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    "Sorry Blizzard, i know I cleared Rivendare 23 rimes but i thought it was fine, we just had to invite my friend repeatedly because he had to shiw all his friend he was in stratholme ! Yeah we didn't think about reporting it, too."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Wasn't wrong, esfand and asmongold did it on stream and got a pass, others got 30days
    Got clips of Asmon doing it?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    "Sorry Blizzard, i know I cleared Rivendare 23 rimes but i thought it was fine, we just had to invite my friend repeatedly because he had to shiw all his friend he was in stratholme ! Yeah we didn't think about reporting it, too."
    I'm not saying there can't be cases where you know someone intended to do certain things. But you can't be sure all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    When you have to jump 10 specific hoops that you would never do randomly, one involving layer hopping in a dungeon, they're not doing it on accident.
    Changing layers happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Wasn't wrong, esfand and asmongold did it on stream and got a pass, others got 30days
    Didn't ninjakitten get a temp ban when she did it?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

While you're "fixing" stuff how about you nerf spellcleave meta, Acti-Blizz? This is getting out of hands. Instances with 2+ mages don't need a tank or healer at all. It's super effective and absolutely ruins party play. Try to do a quest with 2-3 mages aoe grinding a quest spot. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    While you're "fixing" stuff how about you nerf spellcleave meta, Acti-Blizz? This is getting out of hands. Instances with 2+ mages don't need a tank or healer at all. It's super effective and absolutely ruins party play. Try to do a quest with 2-3 mages aoe grinding a quest spot. Good luck with that.
    Welcome to Classic 2019 - nobody wants to waste their time when they can be a lot more efficient and spend more time enjoying the game than killing 40 mobs for 10 quest items 1 at a time.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    This is hilarious! Remember when this didn't happen in Vanilla? Because layering wasn't in vanilla, that's why! I'm beginning to wonder if Activision Blizzard put layering in Classic DELIBERATELY TO PUNISH PLAYERS and not to handle realm population because THEY KNEW exploits would happen and it would give them the chance to punish players by tempting players to exploit layering. Well played, Blizz, well played.
    Last edited by Nixiuz; 2019-09-17 at 09:21 AM.