View Poll Results: Which class will be next in 9.0?

Voters
1201. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

609 50.71%
  • Necromancer

167 13.91%
  • Dark Ranger

180 14.99%
  • Bard

86 7.16%
  • Warden

24 2.00%
  • Spellbreaker

33 2.75%
  • Dragonsworn

61 5.08%
  • Timewalker

41 3.41%
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That all depends on how leveling experience would be, if blizzard won't change a shit, no matter what class they introduce leveling will be slog.
    If we get revamped leveling, i would feel excited even if it will be my 14 max level alt (mostly because last time i leveled was 2 years ago).
    Revamped leveling and hero classes is a monster on its own

How would it interact with heritage armor is my biggest concern.

The dragon class would possibly have a similar issue but it's very likely we have the races already because wrathion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Tinker would more than likely start from level 1, and be similar to the Monk in that the class itself wouldn't be called Tinker, but one of the specs (probably DPS) would. If I had to guess, I would say the specs would be Mekkgineer for tanking (mech piloting), Tinker(er) for DPS (Probably a mix of HotS and WC3 Tinker w/ clawpack), and Technician for healing (using derivatives of the Goblin Alchemist's abilities along with tech-based healing abilities like Healbot and Bandage Gun). In that scenario, I have no idea what they would call the class itself.

Mechanic maybe?
    What would the leveling mechanic be?

For example the monk got the daily 30% exp bonus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    What would the leveling mechanic be?

For example the monk got the daily 30% exp bonus
    Probably something similar. It shouldn't be too difficult for Blizzard to come up with something like the Monk exp bonus to help the leveling process.

Utilizing Titan tech to fight against the Old Gods isn't a valid purpose/motive in an expansion based around fighting the Old Gods?

Also it should be noted that while we're pretending that replicating Titan tech is some impossible goal, the lowly engineering profession allows you to build Titan devices via Jeeves.
    Sure, its relevent if its accessible to all classes like the Heart of Azeroth or Mechagon gadgets.

What you describe though is a giant shoehorning of concepts.

#notmytinker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sure, its relevent if its accessible to all classes like the Heart of Azeroth or Mechagon gadgets.

What you describe though is a giant shoehorning of concepts.

#notmytinker
    Artifacts would be available to all classes, but there's nothing wrong with a technology class utilizing titan technology, since its an aspect of technology in WoW. No different than a Shadow-based class or spec having access to the Shadow magic of the Old Gods (Spriest).

Artifacts would be available to all classes, but there's nothing wrong with a technology class utilizing titan technology, since its an aspect of technology in WoW. No different than a Shadow-based class or spec having access to the Shadow magic of the Old Gods (Spriest).
    Actually, it would diminish the cultural themes of the Tinkers tech greatly if it were themed under titan tech. It would intrude more than support.

No longer would the Tinker be known as an inventor. Instead they simply reappropriate some ancient tech they didn't actually invent. They can't invent Titan tech, after all.

Actually, it would diminish the cultural themes of the Tinkers tech greatly if it were themed under titan tech. It would intrude more than support.

No longer would the Tinker be known as an inventor. Instead they simply reappropriate some ancient tech they didn't actually invent. They can't invent Titan tech, after all.
    Why? Once they get to know how titan tech works they sure can invent new stuff in that field.

10+ Year Old Account

Nah. There's plenty of examples of inventions and innovations merely being derivatives of previously lost or repurposed technology.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Once they get to know how titan tech works they sure can invent new stuff in that field.
    Exactly.
    @Triceron is simply trying to come up with petty excuses.

Wait, why are we incorporating titan tech into a tinker class now??

In my lack of concern over tinker (since I'm fine if we get it, fine if we don't) apparently the class conceptualization here has gone a bit... further.

I would love to see a Tinker. Count me in. 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Wait, why are we incorporating titan tech into a tinker class now??

In my lack of concern over tinker (since I'm fine if we get it, fine if we don't) apparently the class conceptualization here has gone a bit... further.
    Merely showing how Blizzard can justify a technology-based class in an Old Gods expansion. There should be no issue with a class based on Technology utilizing a technology concept such as Titan technology. Especially if it has been established that the races of Azeroth have already utilized it for various purposes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ah...I understand now.
    I'm reminded of Kevin Seimbeda and his "Rifts" rpg (pen and paper) when hearing complaints about his "glitterboy" and how OP it was compared to other classes. And his response was basically, "Yes. Some classes will be that strong compared to others. It's the GM's job to make it all work together."

Of course this has little bearing here. But there was a couple of months when our then new hero class "Deathknight" was pretty much OP. And I thought it was appropriate. If there was a pvp issue then it should have been settled by opposing DKs in the other faction....os so went my thought...maybe it would have just got messy if that had been a thing.
    Ah yes. I remember that.

Blizz: DK is not OP than other classes. Hero class just means it doesn't start at level 1.
    *DK end us being OP*

Shocked Pikachu face.

Not my point.

Point is why they even need Titan tech. Goblin and Gnome tech does the job sufficiently, is appropriately themed to the class.

Titan tech convolutes the class identity. It's not like an option of 'oh this one ability taps into Titan tech'. Once you unlock its secrets, there's really no reason for a Tinker to be using anything less.

It's a catch-22. If you're using Titan tech, then you're re-appropriating existing technology. If you're inventing 'new stuff in that field' then it's not really Titan tech any more, it's Tinker tech. And the plain fact is the Tinker class doesn't need to depend on Titan technology whatsoever, to the point where even including it would divert the class themes away from particular cultures.

I mean isn't the point of a Tinker to explore Gnome and Goblins more? Well if they're gonna use Titan tech, then we might as well open the class up to all races who have a connection to the Titans.

I just want them to fix the existing classes.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

5+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for Dark Ranger or Timewalker. Dark Ranger seems more likely though, so I voted for that.

I will make a party if it is not tinkers for 9.0.

Anyone attends?
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Utilizing Titan tech to fight against the Old Gods isn't a valid purpose/motive in an expansion based around fighting the Old Gods?
    Then that would make much more sense as a mechanic system like the Azerite necklace, going for all classes, since all classes would be fighting the Old Gods, and not just the tinkers.

Next Class will be Tinkerer, 2 specs same abilities as everyone else. 1 resource generating ability 1 small spammable dmg that takes a little resource 1 high 6-8 sec CD high resource spender 1 Aoe.. It will be a copy-paste of DH just you know renamed abilities with different animations... Cause.. You know.. Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Then that would make much more sense as a mechanic system like the Azerite necklace, going for all classes, since all classes would be fighting the Old Gods, and not just the tinkers.
    I dont recall every class getting demon hunter abilities and items when we fought the Legion...

15+ Year Old Account
    Minigun rockets laser blasters bombs drones mini helper bots, Tinkers could be so much fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my point.

Point is why they even need Titan tech. Goblin and Gnome tech does the job sufficiently, is appropriately themed to the class.

Titan tech convolutes the class identity. It's not like an option of 'oh this one ability taps into Titan tech'. Once you unlock its secrets, there's really no reason for a Tinker to be using anything less.

It's a catch-22. If you're using Titan tech, then you're re-appropriating existing technology. If you're inventing 'new stuff in that field' then it's not really Titan tech any more, it's Tinker tech. And the plain fact is the Tinker class doesn't need to depend on Titan technology whatsoever, to the point where even including it would divert the class themes away from particular cultures.

I mean isn't the point of a Tinker to explore Gnome and Goblins more? Well if they're gonna use Titan tech, then we might as well open the class up to all races who have a connection to the Titans.
    Except the entire theme wouldn't be Titan tech, it would be technology. Titan technology is part of the technology theme of WoW, and it should be part of a technology-based class by default. Again, if Blizzard brings in this class, it wouldn't be a Tinker class, it would be a class where Tinker is a spec within it, much like the Brewmaster and the Monk class.