Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...1000#class=DPS

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...#class=Healers

These specs are ridiculously overtuned. Classes like hunter, paladin, druid and shaman have absolutely no chance at performing on a viable level. I understand people want no changes but if the tuning looks this bad (PS this tuning is worse than BFA) then I do not understand why the game is getting so much praise.

It's a shame when half of the classes in the game are not viable. I think of this as an absolute development failure.
    No. Idio... I mean Purists who thought they knew (or remembered) what Vanilla was wanted this. And this is how it should stay forever. Let them play their failure and I can enjoy peaceful refined retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just disable combat logs and dps meters and have fun instead of playing your excel game.

I do not understand why the game is getting so much praise.
    Nostalgia, flies away.

Sorry, if you wanted all classes to be balanced, you shoulden't play Classic.

These specs are ridiculously overtuned. Classes like hunter, paladin, druid and shaman have absolutely no chance at performing on a viable level. I understand people want no changes but if the tuning looks this bad (PS this tuning is worse than BFA) then I do not understand why the game is getting so much praise.

It's a shame when half of the classes in the game are not viable. I think of this as an absolute development failure.
    I enjoy my mage very much, If you want to have fun in classic, then you should play one of the viable dps classes, or just be a healer.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Oh dear me will you give it a rest? Are you seriously calling for paladins, druids and shaman to be made viable DPS in Classic? Are you really thinking that this would happen? If you are, why are you raising the issue as you see it on a non Blizzard site? What could the MMO Champion forums do about this?

And the speccs aren't overtuned as you put it. It's the other way around. But that's because vanilla was always about more than just raiding.
    Yes, elemental and enhancement shaman are not good in raid environment. Restoration shaman is.
    Consequently, Arms warrior is not that stellar in a raid environment either. All warriors are either fury or prot if they are "proper" raiding.
    Arcane mage is not viable ever, not pure arcane. Arcane/frost is the go to specc for MC and BWL. Arcane/fire is the go to specc after that.
    Rogues are combat rogues. Nobody plays Sub or Assa if you're talking "proper" raiding.

You see? Really apart from the warrior, who can be dps and tank, most of the other classes were only ment to fill ONE single role in a raid environment. Or that's how it became. Not that it's impossible for others. Many guilds brought one Boomkin, one Shadowpriest, one Enh Shaman for the buffs they bring. That will continue.

but stop trolling just...stop. You are calling development failure on something as it was in 2006. That's 13 years ago. They won't balance or fiddle with anything and rightly so. Leave it be if you don't wish to play or just be content with the fact that you'll never be top dps as a hunter.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

(PS this tuning is worse than BFA)
    Are you revealing to us that Blizzard has been working on tuning and bringing classes closer to each other performance wise over the years and the first iteration of their game had less balance than the current?

LMAO all of the frost mages "Abilities: Frostbolt: 100%"

CLASSIC IS HARD HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Classic is fun, its like playing a game with all the cheat codes. I can only dream of having a raid with 12-15 mages and 12-15 warriors back in the day and steam rolling it so hard.
    Just wanted to point out that playing a game with cheat codes is short term fun, and will make you quit out of boredom afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    People wanted classic, they're getting classic. And all the "balance" that comes with it.
    I was for balancing classes in Classic, but most others were not. People got what the majority voted for.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2019-09-17 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes but is it fun? No it isnt. Becouse achieve such balance you have to make every class play exactly same way and give everyone same toolkits which makes playing classes super boring.
    Yeh, it's much less boring pressing your Frost Bolt button until the boss dies. /sarcasm off

This is the biggest myth about classic class design tbh - that classes were somehow superior mechanically or more enjoyable when in fact hey had almost 0 depth.

its working as intended, vanilla isnt meant to be balanced, palas are made for healing, mages and rogues are pure dps so they are on top but they cant provide the benefits that a shaman or pally does, in the end the raid composition will be balanced. all classes bring unique abilities to the raid so it doesnt matter if hunters cant do as much dps as mages they will be brought to raid for other utilities

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Yeah the class balance in PVE at the end of TBC 2.4.3 is actually really good, pretty much everything is viable and even "less viable" specs such as Feral DPS can actually pull very respectable numbers (rather than being literally useless as in Vanilla), it's probably one of the better balanced expansions in general with only a couple of outlier situations (warrior cleave, warlock aoe), and those outliers didn't matter because most raid content relied on single target dps.
    Feral DPS is actually really solid in classic, you don't know what you're talking about.

Why the hell would a shaman make as much dps as a warrior? I don't get where people got the idea that balancing is right. The problem is that people have dps meter and these kind of websites. The shaman brings windfury to the group man, it's much better than anything. Paladin gives salvation to the whole group and more buffs that significantly increase the raid's overall dps.
    The priest is a fuckin priest, of course he must be the top healer. But guess what? the shaman has an inteligent heal (chain heals) that priests don't. Druids have hots that can heal the tank even when all the healers are CCed or running. Isnt that cool?
    It does not make sense that any caster could get close to a mage's or warlock's dps. It doesnt make sense that a healer could outheal a priest. It doesnt make sense that any melee could outdps a warrior/rogue.
    BTW raids are so easy for retail players that they could clear MC with a raid made of 40 druids. Getting in a raid as a feral druid (bad dps) is easy, they are literally raiding with 37 people lol. So why cry for more dps? You'll still raid and have gear that is good for your role (dps/emergency healer/emergency tank/group saver).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    Oh dear me will you give it a rest? Are you seriously calling for paladins, druids and shaman to be made viable DPS in Classic? Are you really thinking that this would happen? If you are, why are you raising the issue as you see it on a non Blizzard site? What could the MMO Champion forums do about this?

And the speccs aren't overtuned as you put it. It's the other way around. But that's because vanilla was always about more than just raiding.
    Yes, elemental and enhancement shaman are not good in raid environment. Restoration shaman is.
    Consequently, Arms warrior is not that stellar in a raid environment either. All warriors are either fury or prot if they are "proper" raiding.
    Arcane mage is not viable ever, not pure arcane. Arcane/frost is the go to specc for MC and BWL. Arcane/fire is the go to specc after that.
    Rogues are combat rogues. Nobody plays Sub or Assa if you're talking "proper" raiding.

You see? Really apart from the warrior, who can be dps and tank, most of the other classes were only ment to fill ONE single role in a raid environment. Or that's how it became. Not that it's impossible for others. Many guilds brought one Boomkin, one Shadowpriest, one Enh Shaman for the buffs they bring. That will continue.

but stop trolling just...stop. You are calling development failure on something as it was in 2006. That's 13 years ago. They won't balance or fiddle with anything and rightly so. Leave it be if you don't wish to play or just be content with the fact that you'll never be top dps as a hunter.
    Blizzard responded to his request and they created BfA. So where's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's almost like we didn't know already for 13 years that Warriors, Rogues and Mages were by far the strongest dps classes in Vanilla. What did you expect, something different? It's going to get worse, I can assure you.

1/10
    /thread, 10chars

Welcome to Vanilla, this must be your 1st time here.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Feral DPS is actually really solid in classic, you don't know what you're talking about.
    Yeah Ret and Enhancement are fantastic too! What a guy.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

That's just how it is man...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some play to compete. Others play for the fun of it. Best stick with players in the same camp as yourself if you want any entertainment out of your time spent in-game.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

This is a recreation of the game, as close as they can get it, to what it was at the time. No one promised a balanced experience. This is what is is, what it always was going to be, and what (I can only assume) it always will be. If you don't like it, that's perfectly fine, but in that case Classic probably is not for you.