View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with classic?

Voters
594. This poll is closed
  • Classic is awesome!

359 60.44%
  • Like but not enough changes

55 9.26%
  • Like but too many changes

31 5.22%
  • Disappointed but still playing

33 5.56%
  • Already playing other games

116 19.53%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very disappointed with it, but I didn't have much hope for it when people insisted no changes. Classic is just an old record player with a scratchy disc that sounds horrendous but your grandparents LOVE it and insist that the digital remastered version of that song is just a terrible version. I'm only playing reluctantly to hang out with some friends that joined again just for Classic. Otherwise, it's other games for me.

Wake me up when TBC servers roll out so I can bring out my druid again.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Fucking love it, up to 45 almost and just having a blast

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    err are you high,

The TBC patch was 2.0 and that is drastically different to 1.12.

There is no doubt 1.12 is on a higher power lvl than 1.2 area, but the gear available is not from 1.12, it's just the backend.

It was the right move by blizz to do it this way
    Maybe you should read the patch notes to 1.12 before you are posting and borderline isulting other posters.
    -

The experience itself is quite awesome. However, I'm greatly disappointed with the problems layering has caused so far.

Art by draken4o

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Maybe you should read the patch notes to 1.12 before you are posting and borderline isulting other posters.
    Ok, patch 1.12, drums of war. 22aug 2006. Not a single word about TBC in there.

Patch 2.0 was released 5th dec 2006 and had all the TBC changes, which then launched on 16 Jan 2007. This is the patch which had the quite OP PreTBC changes.

I accept your apology

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    I didn't expect it to be perfect, but i at least expected that Blizzard, a big company with years of experience would have at least provided a better paid experience than a few guys doing that in their home as a hobby.

The bugs are pretty minor ? Tell that to every hunter, their class is bugged as hell.

As one of the Apes raider said (mn i believe ?) It's nice to have blizzard guaranteed long term stability but if a private server was released in that state nowadays it would have been considered pretty bad quality.
    A private server didn't have over a million people trying to log on at the exact same second.

Context is important.

Overall it's been a pretty smooth launch, some bugs have been found and quickly dealt with. I think people are making mountain's out of molehills.

Extremely satisfied. No more fucking daily quests. Its whatever I want to do to advance my character instead of groundhog daying everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    A private server didn't have over a million people trying to log on at the exact same second.

Context is important.

Overall it's been a pretty smooth launch, some bugs have been found and quickly dealt with. I think people are making mountain's out of molehills.
    The million people are not logging on the same servers tho.
    Still waiting for pet AI to be fixed as well as alot of class bug that are mostly known since the beta. It's not what i call quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Enough time has passed for hype to begone now.

How are people feeling about state of game? Still enjoying or gone to play other games?

Want to play but no more vacation days?

Frustrated you spent literal days on queue and don't have motivation to play?
    Couldn't really select a right answer. I like it as a side experience, I've played Vanilla and my statement still stands, Classic is the museum (and it is not meant as a mean term).

It gives a warming nostalgic feel as of that looking in a photoalbum of your childhood days. A walk in this museum does give you the sensation of how it was, without being able to completely envelop you in it as you - as a person - might not see yourself able or wanting to play for too long. I would say it has a good representation of Vanille without being completely Vanilla due to various things such as changes to the game - and to the player.

For a new adventurer to set foot in this world, it will come as a big change but the story is out there, open for you to explore. Do not feel frightened that things seem to take longer than the present, Classic was not meant to sell you that journey.

As for the community, it is NOT like Vanilla, don't even try and sell it so but many servers do have a good standing (also a bad bunch of people - you can't get away from them) and many times you may find a 'curator' who is more willing to share out advice or items. Myself, I took quite a while to be sure to pass on equipment I didn't need to people who could use it, and bags to others when I had better. The journey will be long for many, don't make it longer by being rude.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I am I love it so far but what I want the most is a TBC server as that is when I loved wow the most and it's not even close.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Please lets be serious for a second. Only ~200 players world-wide cleared naxx in its existence. Thats not really much if we take 40m raid size into the picture.

Not sure if I understood your posting, its either trolling or you made a joke I clearly dont get.
    Not trolling, just confused how the 1.12 patch made your guild give up when obviously there was still content left to do that was not trivialized by the 1.12 changes and BC was 4+ months away. Maybe you weren't in a raiding guild and so I misunderstood, but your comment about preparing alts for BC made it seem like you were.

It is what I expected it to be: Relatively simple, a little boring, minimally challenging endgame. The endgame is even more limiting than I imagined since they announced that they'd release content in phases. It'll be months between new raid tiers and raids are going to get full cleared the first day every single time. The PvE content is not at all challenging, and the PvP content is nonexistent and will be for a while.

So am I satisfied? I suppose I am if satisfied means I got what I expected to get. However, I think a majority of people were expecting more due to nostalgia/hype.

Content in classic is being released in phases not because they wanted to give an "Authentic classic feel" but because they knew it would get consumed effortlessly. If all content had been released all at once, we'd probably already see Naxx cleared. Better to stretch out that subscription time to justify the costs of developing classic by time gating.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2019-09-17 at 05:54 PM.

Playing it at a super casual pace to pass the time in between whatever else holds my interest, currently Borderlands 3 and FF14.

Capped on WoW Tokens and Battle.net Balance with millions of gold still to spare, effectively making the game "free" for me for a long while still... done with Retail though.

But to answer the question, yes I am enjoying it. Miss the old talent system. If they introduce TBC servers I'll be jumping for that in a heartbeat.

Everything is great with the exception of:
    1. Classic being released on 1.12 patch (everything is faceroll atm)
    2. Layering & Layering Abuse
    3. EXP Mess up for Raid Groups, this gave players who used it an unfair advantage to lvl up faster

It's unfortunate but raid content won't be relevant until Naxx now as far as "experiencing the difficulty equal to vanilla".

Enjoying it so far. I like that everyone is still in the learning stages, and levelling stages. Many players enjoy grouping, giving random buffs to each other, and it feels much more like a multiplayer game again than a single player game and seeing other people in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What did he say that was incorrect?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Everything is great with the exception of:
    1. Classic being released on 1.12 patch (everything is faceroll atm)
    It would be faceroll on any patch.

I remember being a complete nub in vanilla, and not once, ever, did I struggle in a dungeon. So as a total nub, they were still completed with no problems. There was never a time, oh we can't kill this.

15 years later, ofc it's going to be easy when we know everything inside out.

We need the content scaled up, but with vanilla mechanics, it's always going to be mostly faceroll.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-09-18 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It would be faceroll on any patch.
    How can you even lie so blunt?

From no-caster gear to green items outmatching full T2 (pre. 1.12) geared casters is ridiculous. Melee went from dominating DPS to getting out-DPSed by a factor of 10-15 in AoE. And every dungeon, raid got insane heavy nerfs, it is in the patch notes leading to 1.12.

And dont forget some neglected "DETAILS" like mana regeneration with canceled casts.

MC/BWL progression was done with 2-3 heal teams to get any mana regeneration at all. With the new system you get allways mana regen at pre-casting, it changed the game in how many healers you need and how much consumables DPS and healers had to use to make specific fighst even possible.

Classic noobs laughing out loud how litte consumables you need right now for MC - NO SHIT. Its like comparing a LFR fights to a tight Mythic raid gear check in the first week of progression.

You can lie to yourself, to the poeple in the forums all day long, the patch notes are free to read for everyone and if you manage to see some vanilla first kills, you might see some strange healing/dps numbers, because it was a different game with much more preparations for raiding.

Even if you are not really understanding how healing worked or how easy boss fights might be with 4-10x as much DPS in green gear as in full T2. You might look at a simple mage, pressing 1 button to average 1k-1.3k dps in green/blue mix right now in classic streams and you might look at some numbers from full naxx geared mages pre 1.12.

It is just mind-blowing that people like you even dare to compare classic / 1.12 shit with 2 years of vanilla.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-09-18 at 02:49 PM.
    -

layering killed it, private servers were vastly superior.

Just tried to do the onyxia quest in Stormwind and it is bugged. Literally one of the most important quest and can't do it. Blizzard quality lol

i just wish there would be less mud-flinging between retail and classic.

didnt expect different though

The nice thing about self-selection poll's like this is they tend to over state negative feedback which means the response from the player base is probably even more positive than indicated here. The final choice is probably especially wrong. I'd guess less than half of those answers are true.