Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I assumed the DLC dungeons are just that, extra dungeons to run.

Nice to hear the story is also behind them.
    its the new thing they are trying, integrating dungeons into main story. probably cause DLC dungeons are not selling very well (though honestly, its not becasue they are not tying into a new story, ZoS >_>) all the DLC dungeons have a story to them, though. Wrathstone was just first time when that story is directly connected to the chapter and subsequent adventure DLC. oh and scalebreaker dungeons on at least normal, are required to unlock one of the wings inside a lunar champion home, you get after doing Elsweyr's main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its the new thing they are trying, integrating dungeons into main story. probably cause DLC dungeons are not selling very well (though honestly, its not becasue they are not tying into a new story, ZoS >_>) all the DLC dungeons have a story to them, though. Wrathstone was just first time when that story is directly connected to the chapter and subsequent adventure DLC. oh and scalebreaker dungeons on at least normal, are required to unlock one of the wings inside a lunar champion home, you get after doing Elsweyr's main story.
    I see. More and more reasons to not bother unless paying for sub.

I see. More and more reasons to not bother unless paying for sub.
    I mean it depends on how you look at it. the story also makes sense without the dungeons, like if you didn't show up, NPC's would have just accomplished the tasks without you (in lair of maarselok they more or less say that you were an unexpected bonus, but the original plan was more or less what ended up happening)

on my non subscribed account I just do DLC dungeons during one of ESO plus trials, for achievements and the rest of the year - enjoy the random queue that doesn't stick me into one of those, which honestly - is a huge bonus IMO

I mean it depends on how you look at it. the story also makes sense without the dungeons, like if you didn't show up, NPC's would have just accomplished the tasks without you (in lair of maarselok they more or less say that you were an unexpected bonus, but the original plan was more or less what ended up happening)

on my non subscribed account I just do DLC dungeons during one of ESO plus trials, for achievements and the rest of the year - enjoy the random queue that doesn't stick me into one of those, which honestly - is a huge bonus IMO
    I mean, to experience the story i need to pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nothing nice about them, they are not exactly easy to complete in a PuG. I wish we didn't have so much story hidden in trials and dungeons.
    Yeah it was sarcasm :P

I mean, to experience the story i need to pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it was sarcasm :P
    well.. you need to pay for the new story regardless with or without dungeons. or.... you could just play it during numerous ESO plus trials. which is kinda what i was pointing out, they have those several times a year.

in any case, you need to pay for story chunks in GW2 as well.. but wouldn't you say base game is still worth experiencing even if you don't have acess to those chunks of story?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing nice about them, they are not exactly easy to complete in a PuG. I wish we didn't have so much story hidden in trials and dungeons.
    or at the very least, normal mode was rendered more puggable. like... newest dungeons. lair of Maarselok is doable as long as you have at least one person who knows the mechanics. moongrave fane on the other hand - the boss before last is an utter pug killer, much in a way planar inhibitor used to be, or frostvault protector. and its doubly annoying, cause everything prior to that boss? puggable.

although actual genuine solo mode, ala swtor would have been best. even in puggable dungeons, you rarely get to actualy experience the story, unless you spend nutty amount of time arranging for a group with 3 other people who also would like to go slowly, read all the lore, etc.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-09-08 at 07:44 PM.

I keep thinking that they just can't go on like this. The game would be so much better with three levels of difficulty (a normal easy enough to do with PuG or do as a challenging solo would be ideal for me). Heck I'd even love LFR for trials.
    yes. I really really wish they would take time to look at difficulties, standardize them and add an extra one. add vet zones for overland, so that all those "game is too easy" people would shut the hell up already, add narrative/solo difficulty to all the dungeons. i would bet they would sell a LOT more DLC dungeon packs if they did that.

but.. I'm guessing if something like that does happen? its going to be AFTEr performance overhaul they are working on and to be honest, i cannot fault their priorities there. performance issues, patching issues, current queue issues are crucial to fix and fix fast.

yes. I really really wish they would take time to look at difficulties, standardize them and add an extra one. add vet zones for overland, so that all those "game is too easy" people would shut the hell up already, add narrative/solo difficulty to all the dungeons. i would bet they would sell a LOT more DLC dungeon packs if they did that.

but.. I'm guessing if something like that does happen? its going to be AFTEr performance overhaul they are working on and to be honest, i cannot fault their priorities there. performance issues, patching issues, current queue issues are crucial to fix and fix fast.
    Since my character is pretty powerful, mobs in the overworld just die after I do my opener. (Power of light debuff to pull the mob, dual wield bleed ability ,and then templar light spear jabs). It would be nice to have a mode difficult mode that rewarded more experience/higher drop chances on armor or mats.

well.. you need to pay for the new story regardless with or without dungeons. or.... you could just play it during numerous ESO plus trials. which is kinda what i was pointing out, they have those several times a year.

in any case, you need to pay for story chunks in GW2 as well.. but wouldn't you say base game is still worth experiencing even if you don't have acess to those chunks of story?
    Yes, both ESO and GW2 are worth experiencing, at the very least once (i really dislike vanilla GW2 storyline...). Eso story seemed to be better.

The new PTS notes are out and unfortunately are a complete and utter shambles. What they buffed a few weeks ago are nerfing to the ground in the next patch, AoE dots get an extra nerf in increased by 60% plus costs, a bunch of abilities lose their utility/secondary effects etc etc. I have no words anymore for this game, not constructive words any way, so I am leaving this thread to people that might have something useful to say.

Many thanks to all the people for all the help in the last year or so with advice, builds, suggestions, general guidance etc. It is still greatly appreciated and if you keep playing ESO I honestly hope you are having fun.

meanwhile, my SO is cackling, because this just took away all his issues in pvp, while making his pvp character more powerful O_O. me I'm just annoyed at all the ways this is really fucking over pve, but yanno. some things may change yet, so who knows....

10+ Year Old Account
    There were 2 positive takeaways when it comes to PvE Damage.

Frost Magdens got the damage from Arctic Winds back, which is nice. Might be able to make a Frost DPS build again.

And Magplars can now crit with Backlash which is awesome in and of itself, but now makes it a neat option for Healers to help increase the group damage. It Heals over time, It collects damage dealt from other players, and can now crit when it pops.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

also, crit surge getting major sorcery is IMO a good change. as well as buffing matriarch heal for the sorc healers. but... a few of my guildies were testing their damage on pts and they on average lost about 1/3 of their dps... which for a lot of guilds that are just barely able to progress through most recent vet trial content? is a progression death knell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The new PTS notes are out and unfortunately are a complete and utter shambles. What they buffed a few weeks ago are nerfing to the ground in the next patch, AoE dots get an extra nerf in increased by 60% plus costs, a bunch of abilities lose their utility/secondary effects etc etc. I have no words anymore for this game, not constructive words any way, so I am leaving this thread to people that might have something useful to say.

Many thanks to all the people for all the help in the last year or so with advice, builds, suggestions, general guidance etc. It is still greatly appreciated and if you keep playing ESO I honestly hope you are having fun.
    ZoS is literally copying the worst Aspects of BfA

10+ Year Old Account
    also, crit surge getting major sorcery is IMO a good change. as well as buffing matriarch heal for the sorc healers. but... a few of my guildies were testing their damage on pts and they on average lost about 1/3 of their dps... which for a lot of guilds that are just barely able to progress through most recent vet trial content? is a progression death knell.
    That's what I foresee as well. Reducing damage by on average 60% per DOT, as well as increasing costs of abilities by between 500-1,000 magicka is a huge DPS hit. The above average players will still complete their content, but the below average players are going to be pretty upset when it becomes that much more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn they nerfed across the board no 1 was safe this patch

new world event is up. killing anything, but especialy boss type creatures - gives tickets to buy last onyx indrik berry and the whole event is basicaly summerfall 2.0, except rewards are a pet, costume and a decoration that is lootable for a bunch of random rewards. there are also sweepstakes active right now

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57033

10+ Year Old Account
    new world event is up. killing anything, but especialy boss type creatures - gives tickets to buy last onyx indrik berry and the whole event is basicaly summerfall 2.0, except rewards are a pet, costume and a decoration that is lootable for a bunch of random rewards. there are also sweepstakes active right now

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57033
    I like that delve bosses are quick and easy tickets = ) Makes things simple and quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a huge free crown reward in the store right now that opens 10 boxes with various epic writs, materials, and undaunted keys with a costume and pet as well. I got like 20 keys.. the rewards are fucking ridiculous. Also if you aren't farming dragons right now idk what to tell ya. Its free real estate.

Bone goliath target dummy and crafting stations for your house too
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-10-07 at 05:27 PM.

yep. if you haven't been doing Elsweyr pathfinder? you are welcome! incidentally - the reward, unlike summerfal one, is NOT automatically awarded and this one is only available for 2 weeks, so grab it now (I also grabbed it on EU, while mainly playing on US... just in case :P )

crafting stations are attunable, there are 3 sets of Elsweyr gear (though so far i got only shitty traits, but hey - its purple, so decon mats)

10+ Year Old Account
    yep. if you haven't been doing Elsweyr pathfinder? you are welcome! incidentally - the reward, unlike summerfal one, is NOT automatically awarded and this one is only available for 2 weeks, so grab it now (I also grabbed it on EU, while mainly playing on US... just in case :P )

crafting stations are attunable, there are 3 sets of Elsweyr gear (though so far i got only shitty traits, but hey - its purple, so decon mats)
    Shouldn't wait until next patch to get the new craftable sets or it doesn't work like that? I've never used them as I don't farm writs or craft much.