Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean they didn't call 8.3 out by name but they said last Blizzcon that there's more story after Azshara and then showed the N'Zoth fish.
    And that entire presentation was focused on BFA.

Inb4 idiots come in to reply "yeah but the story can continue in the next expansion!!!@?!@?"

I mean they didn't call 8.3 out by name but they said last Blizzcon that there's more story after Azshara and then showed the N'Zoth fish.
    Sure there is more story, there are several expansions yet to come. I mean why didn't they just simply said 8.3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Inb4 idiots come in to reply "yeah but the story can continue in the next expansion!!!@?!@?"
    See above. It might sound idiotic for you but it's just a valid question why they didn't call it just 8.3.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    See above. It might sound idiotic for you but it's just a valid question why they didn't call it just 8.3.
    When 8.3 comes out, I will consider people who believed no 8.3 to be idiots.

If no 8.3 comes, anyone can consider me an idiot.

There are valid reasons and arguments to why 8.2.5 might be the end of BFA. But I feel like it’s more of people hoping that 8.2.5 is the end of BFA due to how many people are sick of it, and they are finding any reason they can to help back their claims.

When 8.3 comes out, I will consider people who believed no 8.3 to be idiots.

If no 8.3 comes, anyone can consider me an idiot.
    Why does anyone have to be an idiot though? It's just a normal discussion, there musn't be idiots in the end.

I mean if they were so dead set that there will be 8.3 and N'zoth will be it, why haven't they just simply called it 8.3 instead of "The End"? Why haven't they mentioned 8.3 not once? I mean there must be a reason for that or do you think it's coincidence they never spit out the words "eight point three"?

5+ Year Old Account
    Why does anyone have to be an idiot though? It's just a normal discussion, there musn't be idiots in the end.

I mean if they were so dead set that there will be 8.3 and N'zoth will be it, why haven't they just simply called it 8.3 instead of "The End"? Why haven't they mentioned 8.3 not once? I mean there must be a reason for that or do you think it's coincidence they never spit out the words "eight point three"?
    Maybe it has something to do with how tight is Ion running the ship. And who knows, maybe there will be an 8.3 patch, maybe not but as you said, it's all speculation now. Although it's odd that they haven't (not yet, at least) called it by its name, and we have the precedent of WoD, so... /ponder
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account

Because do it like this:

I mean if they were so dead set that there will be an expansion, why haven't they just simply called it an expansion instead of "The End"? Why haven't they mentioned an expansion not once? I mean there must be a reason for that or do you think it's coincidence they never spit out the words "an expansion"?
    Speculating no 8.3 at this point is honestly the same as speculating "what if Blizzard does no more expansions".

WoD was a fluke and Blizzard talked about it being that way, and how they wanted to rush away from it. Don't expect to see that happen again.

Because do it like this:
    Come on, this is something different. We know there is an expansion coming (alone by the statement that they've planned x amount of expansions already) but you never know about patches.

I mean I still haven't read a proper argument why you wouldn't call it 8.3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Come on, this is something different. We know there is an expansion coming (alone by the statement that they've planned x amount of expansions already) but you never know about patches.
    Read my edit. WoD as an exception, not the rule. I dont know why you'd try to treat an exception as the rule.

Read my edit. WoD as an exception, not the rule. I dont know why you'd try to treat an exception as the rule.
    I don't even say there won't be 8.3, I just say it's weird that they haven't mentioned it once. As I said, I am still waiting for arguments why - as a dev - you'd simply refuse to call it 8.3. Because you don't know yet if there'll be 8.3 and you want to be on the "safe side"? This is basically the only argument that comes to my mind.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to think BFA ends the moment 9.0 gets announced instead of when 9.0 goes live.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't even say there won't be 8.3, I just say it's weird that they haven't mentioned it once. As I said, I am still waiting for arguments why - as a dev - you'd simply refuse to call it 8.3. Because you don't know yet if there'll be 8.3 and you want to be on the "safe side"? This is basically the only argument that comes to my mind.
    The counter argument is "why" do they need to? Do you need to be reminded that WoW will get an expansion after the current one?

Also, being on the "safe side"? It might be a surprise to you but forums are a superb minority, meaning even if every poster on MMO-C though there wouldn't be an 8.3 this is still a huge minority compared to the rest of the playerbase. Just because the "sky is falling in wow" posts are frequently seen here that doesn't mean it's common sentiment.

I'm done with this conversation, it's really pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

People seem to think BFA ends the moment 9.0 gets announced instead of when 9.0 goes live.
    For some people it's apparently what they need. They have no sense of inference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    "Eternal Palace was merely a set back!" Azahara 2.0
    I hope no. I'd prefer her to go Illidan way and wait longer to get more screentime later. Kael'thas is gone forever, as Blizzard hates him enough to forget that his demonic corruption lets him reincarnate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    I don't think so since they told us we saw the "final boss of the expansion" at the end of the 8.2 raid cinematic, meaning there is still one more raid aka 8.3.
    I'd like to kill Lor'themar and replace him with Kael'thas.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I don't even say there won't be 8.3, I just say it's weird that they haven't mentioned it once.
    No, it's not. What is weird is you focussing on that like it means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not. What is weird is you focussing on that like it means anything.
    I mean they haven't done this before, in previous expansions things were just called what they were, 5.1, 6.2 or 7.3. In BfA hey don't and I find it indeed interesting why it's different this time or why they aren't clear about it.