Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is honestly true, but I have a feeling most of these kids are going to burn out and go back to retail/fortnite/some other carrot to chase once they hit 60. The goal will be achieved, they won't be able to AOE the 60 dungeons, and every other player will be a mage, making it hard for them to get groups for the first time. I've had good runs with people who play normally, it seems around 9pm on school nights the AOE groups seem to fade from LFG for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Everywhere you look its people asking for mage aoe or cleave comp or ridiculous level requirements, like 46+ for things like ZF.

The result of years worth creating a playerbase with a "400ilvl minimum for a mythic +1 zerg derp" mentality.

And yes, i know i can make my own groups. Who cares. Its about retail mentality seeping into classic, which sucks balls.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts is you are blaming a system, instead of the users. Shouldnt the famous "classic community" be strong enough to overcome something so silly? Go back a month and there are multiple threads talking about how anyone asking for silly requirements for a dungeon would be laughed off the server by the community, and would never find a guild or form a group again.

What happened classic community?

Again we see that the classic dream was mired in unobtainable nostalgia. You can NOT relive Vanilla all over again, lots of things went into making that experience what it was and people have moved on now. This is NOT Bfa's fault, it is the progress of gaming, like it or not.

It's not retail mentality, back then in vanilla people barely min maxed cause they sucked, now thats not the case, deal with it.

I haven't experienced any of this type of behavior on Mankrik-US.

/shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose View Post
    Again we see that the classic dream was mired in unobtainable nostalgia. You can NOT relive Vanilla all over again, lots of things went into making that experience what it was and people have moved on now. This is NOT Bfa's fault, it is the progress of gaming, like it or not.
    People play vanilla because they like it, not to "relive vanilla".

Shoo, BFA troll.

"My xp per hour is low". Thats retail mentality.
    That was a thing all the way back in classic. I was watching titan panel like a hawk back then too.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had any issues as going as a Shadow priest or a shadow speced healer. I just pray that there is a mage in the group so I don't have to spend 2g on water

You can't cross the same river and return home.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    People play vanilla because they like it, not to "relive vanilla".

Shoo, BFA troll.
    Anyone who doesnt agree with me is a retail troll, thanks for showing us the classic player stereotype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I see some of this but I think it will eventually go away, at least I hope it does.

This was always going to happen though. The players aren't the same as in 2005. Some of them come from BfA, other from earlier expansions. Relatively few come having played Vanilla, I think.

Will this be the permanent mentality? I hope not. I'd like to see a return of guilds and friend lists being the primary source of groups, but I'm not sure that will happen. One of the worst things Blizzard did was to actively encourage PUGs with the rise of LFG. PUGs want, understandably, to run things quickly but retail Pugs are mostly made up of people who you'll never see again. Classic is different. Perhaps that will lead to a different PUG scene. Or not.
    I'm thinking that it won't over the long run. This is a long-running argument about whether or not the configuration of the content can really control behavior. Many have invested in the idea that it can and it must with Classic. I don't really think it will. 2019 gamers will find ways to play the game and content the way they've grown used to. We won't really know for a few months yet. A lot of people still need to decide if they want to invest in Classic for the long haul.

There are numerous other reasons why it won't be the same which have been talked about ad infinitum. The main one for me is that in 2004/2005 a lot of people didn't have a lot of sources to find out stuff in the game. So as new players in a relatively new game they tended to rely on one another more and often enough those relationships stuck. Now, there's simply no need to do that. If you need to group up with someone to do something, as often as not, it's more like simply using people to get done what you need to get done. Some may call that social but using people as disposable tools to progress is not quite the happy environment that people want to project onto the game.

How is the social guild scene in Classic? Not raiding guilds but social guilds that are mainly about helping each other out.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-17 at 08:11 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You can take the player out of Retail, but you can't take Retail out of the player.

I made it to level 3 in Classic, then never bothered again.
    I have some fond memorys of Vanilla WoW back in 2005/6. I prefer them to stay that way. A distant memory.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2019-09-17 at 08:07 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

"My xp per hour is low". Thats retail mentality.
    Its cute that you think that comes from retail... Since xp per hour dsnt mean shit since leveling in retail is a cakewalk.That is a private server mentality who have been min maxing vanilla for 10+ years.

ITT: People who think it's retail mentality when its private vanilla server mentality

bullshit, just because you were a casual before you started meta-gaming doesn't mean everyone is going to purposely retard themselves for your desire to retreat into nostalgia.
    WoW was always like this at the endgame, it's just that now that everyone knows vanilla's meta based on class balance(read: lol what balance?) so now everyone and their grandma does it.

this shit existed before WoW, exists outside of WoW, and will exist long after the last WoW server shuts down.
    it's called meta-gaming, and you do it or you're playing wrong, it's player-side adaptation to the design of the game, it's not new to anyone but you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I made it to level 3 in Classic, then never bothered again.
    So you played for about 20 minutes and determined that the game is bad

lol

It's definitely different, but what did you expect? For tens of thousands to just forget what we've learned over the last 15 years?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    People want easy runs? Color me suprised!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'm gonna ignore that the meta-game exists and play the way i want to play and expect everyone to do so, that way we have the true vanilla experience -> OP

Sorry OP this is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    I'm gonna ignore that the meta-game exists and play the way i want to play and expect everyone to do so, that way we have the true vanilla experience -> OP

Sorry OP this is delusional.
    The irony is hilarious

Are you really that dense that you blame retail for things the community does in classic that you don't like!?