View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Reading the thread, this (and other responses's like it) is what puzzles me the most. It's up to the rogue, *unless* someone has a skeleton key, etc. from their optional profession (ie; not a class utility mechanic), then it's open roll. This defies logic.
    So skeleton keys shouldn't have any practical use ever? Because you are going to use them to open those lockboxes and only them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    So skeleton keys shouldn't have any practical use ever? Because you are going to use them to open those lockboxes and only them.
    Not what I'm saying. I'm saying that saying Rogue gets what they want, but blacksmith with key shares with the group, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That's like waiting for someone to leave the room so you can take something without them noticing. I get your point, but this just makes you a shady sneaky asshole instead of a blatant one.
    No, it's an illustration of why it doesn't belong to anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I guess I can just kick you before you can ninja it.
    I don't think you can.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a rogue has lockpicking high enough, allows us to roll on locked chests and he isn't terrible, he gets an instant add to my friends list. I run as a healer and I always play with a tank. It's funny when a rogue is surprised when we invite a rogue friend to a dungeon without him asking. They are very appreciative.
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2019-09-17 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    How does that refute what I said?

I think everyone should roll greed at best, there is no "need" on any item without knowing what it is.
    I personally rather pass, won't be looking for someone to open it and so it just clutters the inv.

How does that refute what I said?
    Because having an opinion different than mine doesn't make what you said correct. In my scenario, you're the asshole. They are just opinions based on values.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you can.

As an update to this thread... I have ran several instances with rogues and EVERY SINGLE ONE have stated "I can unlock for us... /roll for it"

Your mileage may vary.. but it's mine that counts.

Because having an opinion different than mine doesn't make what you said correct. In my scenario, you're the asshole. They are just opinions based on values.
    So, your stance is that it's OK for the Rogue to be selfish and take the loot for themselves even though it took group effort for them to even have access to the chest in the first place.

Me calling that "being an asshole," makes me an asshole?

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    As an update to this thread... I have ran several instances with rogues and EVERY SINGLE ONE have stated "I can unlock for us... /roll for it"

Your mileage may vary.. but it's mine that counts.
    And that's fine, everyone is different.

- - - Updated - - -

So, your stance is that it's OK for the Rogue to be selfish and take the loot for themselves even though it took group effort for them to even have access to the chest in the first place.

Me calling that "being an asshole," makes me an asshole?

Seriously?
    My stance is that locked chests are for people that can unlock chests, and no one else, regardless of circumstance.

You can't just assume things that you want to be true to be true. What makes you an asshole is your entitlement.

Seriously.

My stance is that locked chests are for people that can unlock chests, and no one else, regardless of circumstance.

You can't just assume things that you want to be true to be true. What makes you an asshole is your entitlement.

Seriously.
    How is it entitlement when it took a group effort for anyone to even have a chance to unlock the chest, even the Rogue/Engineer/Blacksmith?

In this circumstance I'm saying selfish = asshole. It's selfish to say a piece of loot that took a group effort for anyone to have a chance at getting is not group loot.

I agree with the idea that it's ultimately up to the person opening the chest to decide how it gets distributed...can't really argue otherwise since they have to distribute the loot from it. But keeping everything in it to yourself when it took the entire group to get you to the chest for it to be opened is selfish.

How is it entitlement when it took a group effort for anyone to even have a chance to unlock the chest, even the Rogue/Engineer/Blacksmith?

In this circumstance I'm saying selfish = asshole. It's selfish to say a piece of loot that took a group effort for anyone to have a chance at getting is not group loot.

I agree with the idea that it's ultimately up to the person opening the chest to decide how it gets distributed...can't really argue otherwise since they have to distribute the loot from it. But keeping everything in it to yourself when it took the entire group to get you to the chest for it to be opened is selfish.
    Entitlement is a different thing to everyone. You think people without access to chests deserve them. I think that's entitlement. It takes group effort to get to mining nodes and herbs, yet we don't share those.

See above on entitlement.

See above on selfishness.

As I pointed out previously, by this mentality then everything that drops should be greed rolled or /roll for. This includes all dropped boss loot (after all how does anyone get access to it without the group), as well as any cloth, skins, herbs, and mining node ores (that’s gold that goes towards mounts and BoEs as well as skills and professions). Hell, you might as well include all cloth drops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    Locked chests are absolutely rogue property, you can't unlock them, they can, its a perk of that class. You aren't entitled to their skills.

Lock boxes however, are rollable loot.
    Are rogues entitled to em over a BS with keys or engi with seaforium?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Entitlement is a different thing to everyone. You think people without access to chests deserve them. I think that's entitlement. It takes group effort to get to mining nodes and herbs, yet we don't share those.

See above on entitlement.

See above on selfishness.
    Fair point I guess. I don't think many people would argue that mining nodes, herbs and skins count towards things you'd need to roll on though.

I never said people without access "deserve" them, I said it's group loot and should be treated as such, as in rolled for, like pretty much any other need/greed type item that would auto prompt the need/greed pop up like greens/blues/epics or gear dropped from a boss depending on what your party loot rules are.

I think your use of the term entitled here is a bit hypocritical considering your stance on this is based almost entirely on how entitled you feel Rogues/Engineers/Blacksmiths are to the contents of a locked chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    As I pointed out previously, by this mentality then everything that drops should be greed rolled or /roll for. This includes all dropped boss loot (after all how does anyone get access to it without the group), as well as any cloth, skins, herbs, and mining node ores (that’s gold that goes towards mounts and BoEs as well as skills and professions). Hell, you might as well include all cloth drops.
    I don't really see why the mentality needs to stretch into places it's never gone before. I've never seen anyone ever discussing the need or even want to need/greed/roll over mining nodes, herbs or skins except in situations where a group has more than one of those professions and even then they usually just take turns getting them. That's a false slippery slop kind of mentality.

Chests are a little different because they have a chance to drop things that are considerably more useful or lucrative than a mining node, herb or skin....mainly gear.

Lockboxes are for everyone, they can be opened out side of the dungeon. Locked chests go to those who can open them, the loot is often crap anyways. If something nice drops from it, ask the person nicely, "hey, could i please get that?" As you likely would on a regular chest u lose the roll on anyways. Just be glad you can at least see what was in the chest. If the unlocker wasn't there, no damn loot anyways. Calm all the entitled bullshit. And i play a mage, so no bias here.

Fair point I guess. I don't think many people would argue that mining nodes, herbs and skins count towards things you'd need to roll on though.

I never said people without access "deserve" them, I said it's group loot and should be treated as such, as in rolled for, like pretty much any other need/greed type item that would auto prompt the need/greed pop up like greens/blues/epics or gear dropped from a boss depending on what your party loot rules are.

I think your use of the term entitled here is a bit hypocritical considering your stance on this is based almost entirely on how entitled you feel Rogues/Engineers/Blacksmiths are to the contents of a locked chest.
    Then we disagree that locked chests constitute group loot.

It's not hypocritical if you know what entitled means.

this is likely just going to continue going back and forth about who's more entitled... the unlocker who prolly couldn't have reached the object on their own and the group who lacks the means to open it.

IMO either establish rules before hand so there are no surprises and if some asshat feels strongly doesn't waste time later.

IMO chests are group loot, if a rogue pulls that shit in a group i'm running they're more than welcome to not expect health stones or summons... i mean they can steal potions from the mobs as we go anyways.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you an asshole is your entitlement.
    SMH. Your position is a textbook example of entitlement.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Then we disagree that locked chests constitute group loot.

It's not hypocritical if you know what entitled means.
    It fits the literal definition of the word.... but Ok. Agree to disagree then on them constituting group loot. I think you’re in the minority here though.