Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Based on the reception Classic had, what are the chances we see 10-Man raiding come back?

It was 100% better than the current 20 man setup, more subs, and Classic proves this.

Thoughts?
    Heroic and Normal have an option to run at 10 man.. Am I missing something?

Mythic is 20, not 25 not 10.. 20

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    While Classic doesn't prove 10 man raiding was better, the OP is still right. Raiding participation was at its HIGHEST when 10 man heroic/and now mythic was a thing. Seriously, it needs to return. 20 man is fine, ti's balanced fine but as time has proven (even with 25 man) it's much more difficult to maintain a roster that large. Bring back 10 mans!
    it will also helps to solve the problem of tanks. no matter the size of raid, you will need 2 and only 2 tanks, so surely 2 groups of 10 will open space for 4 tank spots while a group of 20 will only give 2 tank spots. ( and Im talking about guilds, not Pug groups )

It was 100% better than the current 20 man setup, more subs, and Classic proves this.
    what are you smoking/taking? 20 people raids we have now are ALL better then the shit classic has to offer....

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Actual 10 man mythic raid would be awesome.
    No it wouldnt
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It's hard to prove yourself as a guild now if you can't recruit 20 mythic raiders.
    if you cant find 19 people to raid with your guild it sounds like a leader ship problem

Imho 10 man raiding was the best kind of raiding. I wish it would make a return. Karazhan and Zul Aman were amazing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can already raid 10-man, if you mean in the hardest available difficulty then you better keep dreaming, I seriously doubt they'll ever touch on that again.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You can already raid 10-man, if you mean in the hardest available difficulty then you better keep dreaming, I seriously doubt they'll ever touch on that again.
    At this point with the success of Classic, 10-man is 100% coming back, and it will be the hardest version of the game, or at the very least on par with the hardest content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    seperate lockouts would mean you would do both as you would get double the gear and more practice if needed with the encounters, it would cause issues either way if it was seperate or shared lockouts, every single expansion where both 10 and 25 man raiding was available you would do both for more gear and chance at progress.
    I meant shared lockout which makes it impossible to do both, and they did used to be shared.

At this point with the success of Classic, 10-man is 100% coming back, and it will be the hardest version of the game, or at the very least on par with the hardest content.
    you do realise raid particitpation for even heroic is fairly low, only around 350k ish even attempt going into heroic and less than 100k do mythics, probably less than 200k have even killed ashzhara on heroic, while its good to have hard content not much of the playerbase actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I meant shared lockout which makes it impossible to do both, and they did used to be shared.
    whats the point in more raid difficulties is only a small percentage of players even clear heroic let alone mythic.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    you do realise raid particitpation for even heroic is fairly low, only around 350k ish even attempt going into heroic and less than 100k do mythics, probably less than 200k have even killed ashzhara on heroic, while its good to have hard content not much of the playerbase actually do it.

whats the point in more raid difficulties is only a small percentage of players even clear heroic let alone mythic.
    A lot of players including me would actually still be playing with 10 man mythic. Currently its set up like either you go full nolife serious mode or stick to heroic which just isn't that challenging. Heroic is the new normal, mythic is the new heroic. Normal is the new LFR, and LFR is .. well I don't really know because there's 0 reason to run it.

I am in the group that prefer 2 difficulty normal and heroic with 10/25man options there are 2 difficulties currently that we don't need.

We already have 10 man raids.

Right now.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We already have 10 man raids.

Right now.
    Why dumbfucks always reply the same thing? Normal/Heroic difficulty is not real raiding, only mythic is real raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    That is not exactly the case though. While it is possible to raid 10 man, it is significantly harder than doing it with 14 man. Actually 14 man seems to be the minimal accepted raid size in practice. This is because of how the mechanics get wonky when there aren't enough targets and how the HP of the bosses scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    A lot of players including me would actually still be playing with 10 man mythic. Currently its set up like either you go full nolife serious mode or stick to heroic which just isn't that challenging. Heroic is the new normal, mythic is the new heroic. Normal is the new LFR, and LFR is .. well I don't really know because there's 0 reason to run it.

I am in the group that prefer 2 difficulty normal and heroic with 10/25man options there are 2 difficulties currently that we don't need.
    still not a really sufficiant number of raiders to justify having another version of mythic, 10 man would have to take a similar time to complete compared to the 20/25 version so you would still have to put the same time commitment anyway, raids should be large groups working together, 10 is way too small to even be considered a raiding team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Although your logic is flawed; unrelated, I want 10 man to return. It probably won't be in the form of raiding, but I'm wondering if they'll bring it back in some form of content.

10 man is always easier for most of the content, with 20 man it can be balanced properly across the board, 10 man raids previously have always been far easier to complete, its mythic content so whats the point is doing an easy version of it.

mythic difficulty was just heroic before the patch in MoP, it was the same difficulty but it was more balanced around 25 man and a little too easy for the 10 man version.

Lich king 25 was probably harder than most bosses as noone killed it prior to at least the 5% buff coming into affect and would take 250 plus wipes so your wrong when you say nothing compares to mythic when mythic is the old heroic.
    LK was not a hard boss at all, what made it hard was the limited attempts you had like 20 attempts to kill him at the beginning going up every so often. Method takes between 300-600 attempts to clear end bosses now days.

Where on earth are you getting this idea?

The two concepts you're linking have absolutely nothing to do with one another and the issue is only further exacerbated by your strange refusal to acknowledge that Vanilla's main source of raiding was 40-man not 10-man. I... I can't even. What is going on here?

I dont see the connection between classic and 10 man raids returning, but i'll take any excuse to have it back in the game. let us hope they return 10 man to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    LK was not a hard boss at all, what made it hard was the limited attempts you had like 20 attempts to kill him at the beginning going up every so often. Method takes between 300-600 attempts to clear end bosses now days.
    he was not killed before a 5% buff was active so its likely to have taken a similar amount of time as with any other boss due to lack of gear, many guilds may of had a second shadowmourne by the time of a first kill, lich king was probably a fight that was actually tuned properly unlike many fights blizz are useless. Not even counting healers with the legendery mace making healing easier than it should of been.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-09-18 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    ZulGurub was 15man raid, BRD, Stratholme, and Spire had 10man limit.
    ZG and AQ20 (shockingly I know) were 20 man.

-

Original raid implementation up to WoTLK:

15 Man - UBRS - Later 10 man.
    20 Man - ZG, AQ20
    40 Man - MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx

10 Man - KZ, ZA
    25 Man - GL, ML, SSC, TK, MH, BT, SWP

10 Man - VoA, Naxx, EoE, OS, Uld, ToC, ICC, RS
    10 Man Heroic - ToGC, ICC, RS

25 Man - VoA, Naxx, EoE, OS, Uld, ToC, ICC, RS
    25 Man Heroic - ToGC, ICC, RS
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-09-18 at 02:34 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Normal/Heroic difficulty is not real raiding, only mythic is real raiding.
    So your issue is with the difficulty, not the raid size.

Want to make it more difficult - head off to a Heroic 10 man raid with crafted 340 gear, or legion gear.
    Want to make it more difficult - take 10 randoms into Heroic and get them to wait at the start of the instance

The fact remains - 10 man raiding already exists.

Be rational young fella.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2019-09-18 at 03:25 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.