Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Battle for Dazar alor in January and 8.1.5 brought the mini Shrine raid. It's ok to just admit you're wrong as you quite clearly don't know what you're talking about given you failed to mention an entire 2 raids. BFA has issues without having to fabricate new ones.
    Two new raids.

BFD

Wheres the rest of the content for those that dont raid?.

Oh yeah..................THERE WASNT ANY.

The best part is that a lot of the non raiding content that gets patched in for FF14 is also stuff that comes in many months after the initial barebones release of the expansion. It'd be like the first warfront and just 1 emissary rep not being till 8.1 then not releasing island expeditions, a 2nd emissary and Mythic+ till 8.2. I mean 5.1 isn't till 4 months after release and so far the main content is the 4 boss Alliance raid, a new 4 man hallway to mix up getting one of the 2 max level dungeons for the 100th time in Expert Roullete, and a single beast tribe with 4 dailies each day, Newgame+ which really has no real reason to be used, and moreBLU stuff so we can all be reminded how terrible the implementation of BLU is. The HoH 3.0, Eureka 2.0, and other beast tribes will be next year and I am hesitant to expect the new HoH to not just be another reskinned PotD or for the next Eureka to not be another tedious grind.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-09-17 at 09:29 PM.

Hilarious.

You criticize the stuff you can do in FF14 outside of raiding/endgame on page 2 and then you mention all that "garbage" in WoW and act like "that's content"
    Hypocrite...what a joke you are. Not to mention that on most points, you were actually wrong too, especially when you tried to decide what "dead content" is or what "isn't content" in the first place.
    "I don't like the UI for Housing and it's tedious - so it's a time waste"
    Wtf? It's so fucking obvious that you are really trying hard to make up points there just so you can disagree with something
    That list of WoW patchnotes you gave there in contrast is perfect evidence.
    If Housing in FFXIV isn't content and a time waste, then what the fuck are the micro-holidays, the new portal rooms or flipping "pet battles"?

Is it so difficult to accept that both FF and WoW can't deliver content every 2 months worth a shite?
    FF14 is targeting a different group than WoW with most of what you can do in that game.

to give an example:
    In WoW, me and my friends didn't touch any crafting jobs and relied on guild members for enchants/potion crafting, because they are basically useless outside of providing raid-essentials.
    In FF14, people level these jobs because they are actually enjoying the process of leveling them up.
    I have 4 friends in my static that do not have any profession in WoW but are currently leveling all 8(?) in FF14... and they don't even do it for the savage raid (we don't use pots, we buy cheap buff food in the auction house etc.).

When FF14 releases 4 bosses in a raid, I enjoy these 4 bosses more than I would enjoy 2 full raid tiers in WoW because I prefer the way FF14 designs bosses and the stuff around them.
    Cool music, a different (just different, not better or worse) way of approaching raid mechanics , the alliance-raid enviroment looks always amazing and when I listen to the theme for the new one which is coming up, I can't wait for it to finally release even though I know it's basically LFR-quality raiding.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-09-18 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Hilarious.

You criticize the stuff you can do in FF14 outside of raiding/endgame on page 2 and then you mention all that "garbage" in WoW and act like "that's content"
    Hypocrite...what a joke you are.
    You didn't understand what my post was about. You can't claim that 'WoW has no content outside of raiding' and then perceive every trivial shit in FFXIV as 'so much to do' like the person I replied to does. I hate double standards and that's why I called him out. Personally, I think that pet dungeons and mini holidays are on the same level as Gold Saucer or treasure maps — pointless fluff.
    I have 4 friends in my static that do not have any profession in WoW but are currently leveling all 8(?) in FF14... and they don't even do it for the savage raid (we don't use pots, we buy cheap buff food in the auction house etc.).
    I'm glad for your friends.
    When FF14 releases 4 bosses in a raid, I enjoy these 4 bosses more than I would enjoy 2 full raid tiers in WoW because I prefer the way FF14 designs bosses and the stuff around them.
    I'm glad for you too. I don't see how these anecdotes actually disprove direct content comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    The best part is that a lot of the non raiding content that gets patched in for FF14 is also stuff that comes in many months after the initial barebones release of the expansion. It'd be like the first warfront and just 1 emissary rep not being till 8.1 then not releasing island expeditions, a 2nd emissary and Mythic+ till 8.2. I mean 5.1 isn't till 4 months after release and so far the main content is the 4 boss Alliance raid, a new 4 man hallway to mix up getting one of the 2 max level dungeons for the 100th time in Expert Roullete, and a single beast tribe with 4 dailies each day, Newgame+ which really has no real reason to be used, and moreBLU stuff so we can all be reminded how terrible the implementation of BLU is. The HoH 3.0, Eureka 2.0, and other beast tribes will be next year and I am hesitant to expect the new HoH to not just be another reskinned PotD or for the next Eureka to not be another tedious grind.
    Yeah, strangely X.0 patches are very lacking in terms of repeatable (or even just long term) content. Though SE is probably doing this on purpose so that people could be grateful for patch content. That's like with their QoL stuff, they are releasing bite size improvement that other games had for years and fans are so excited because "the game is constantly improving". It's pathetic tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

FF is a great mmo. But all those cutscenes and that dungeon thing where you cant skip and the whole thing take like over 1h with 45mins being cutscenes. Noty, stopped at 61 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Personally, I think that pet dungeons and mini holidays are on the same level as Gold Saucer or treasure maps — pointless fluff.
    I'd prob like the Gold Saucer more if so much of what they added didn't get abandoned shortly after release. Oh sure they add more pets and cards but Verminion and Triple Triad have seen no real changes ever since they were released years ago and the same goes for other minigames like Chocobo Racing. Blizz keeps mini games like pet battles fresh with stuff like the pet battle dungeons and other challenges. It's unfortunate too since the base is right there to expand upon Gold Saucer games by adding things like new rules to Triple Triad or card effects or new maps to Chocobo Racing but they instead just sit there in perpetual stagnation.

It’s probably the only MMO that I played for longer than 5 minutes other than WoW tbh. WoW set the bar so high, hence every other MMO practically flicking out within a year. FFXIV was close until the overhauled it, so it’s actually enjoyable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    FF is a great mmo. But all those cutscenes and that dungeon thing where you cant skip and the whole thing take like over 1h with 45mins being cutscenes. Noty, stopped at 61 lol
    I for one would really like to be able to skip them in say...castrum
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I for one would really like to be able to skip them in say...castrum
    Nah it's okay. There is one very good reason for MS-Queue: Leveling shit you have no idea how to play. As (Praetorium at least) gives you a level worth of xp until lvl 75 or so... it has its uses.

I just chat with the other 7 people while Gaius rambles on.

There is only one place that does that, MSQ at lvl 50, it does give great xp, but you dont actually have to do it more then once. No other instances does that.

As for the OP, i feel FF14 is like all mmo riddled with flaws but somehow is greater then the sum of its part. WoW used to be like that to me, but its now lesser then the sum of its part, it lost the community aspect that linked it togheter. Youd think its because of queues, but its odd, FF14 always had queues and somehow social interaction is still like wow classic and tbc. I know the people in limsa, just the same way i knew the people at the top of the orgrimmar bank. I think the housing system on top of the weeb stigma kinda brings community togheter for a better experience then the game itself would be. FF14 has many rough edges, but the design philosophy is nice, its mostly lets take chances and lets try to make cool stuff on paper at least. Also the fact that its never a game you need to feel like you are falling back on others, i know someone with only lvl 50 jobs, contribute to the server massively on MB and housing, go to people wedding and stuff. Guy has only base game, somehow hes a big part of the community of my server, rich, help new players, etc. Imagine that in wow, someone with no expac somehow contributing, contributing to what?

As Yoshi P himself said at some point: im making a game where you dont need to play every day or even every month, but you can always come back to. Im on break right now, im gona play the Nier raid, mabye level a bit one of my dps job on the side. Which means i dont need to play every day. Im not gona fall behind, because being ready for the new content in ff14 is just finishing story quests and gearing for base Ilevel of things is piss easy.

So what is it really that made wow the way it is now: two complaint people always had: Catch up mechanic too easy, queue for shit solo too easy. Those are also true of FF14, yet the social aspect of many servers remain just as good. I think its what is mostly holding a rough game like FF14 togheter as a great experience. Its like back in the days playing video games on MSN gaming zone, eventually you knew most AOE 2 players and it was chill. My server is like that i get invited to people wedding, i invited people to my wedding, people have chill houses to go Chat zone in. Theres more to the game, then the game itself.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-09-18 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    There is only one place that does that, MSQ at lvl 50, it does give great xp, but you dont actually have to do it more then once. No other instances does that.

As for the OP, i feel FF14 is like all mmo riddled with flaws but somehow is greater then the sum of its part. WoW used to be like that to me, but its now lesser then the sum of its part, it lost the community aspect that linked it togheter. Youd think its because of queues, but its odd, FF14 always had queues and somehow social interaction is still like wow classic and tbc. I know the people in limsa, just the same way i knew the people at the top of the orgrimmar bank. I think the housing system on top of the weeb stigma kinda brings community togheter for a better experience then the game itself would be. FF14 has many rough edges, but the design philosophy is nice, its mostly lets take chances and lets try to make cool stuff on paper at least. Also the fact that its never a game you need to feel like you are falling back on others, i know someone with only lvl 50 jobs, contribute to the server massively on MB and housing, go to people wedding and stuff. Guy has only base game, somehow hes a big part of the community of my server, rich, help new players, etc. Imagine that in wow, someone with no expac somehow contributing, contributing to what?

As Yoshi P himself said at some point: im making a game where you dont need to play every day or even every month, but you can always come back to. Im on break right now, im gona play the Nier raid, mabye level a bit one of my dps job on the side. Which means i dont need to play every day. Im not gona fall behind, because being ready for the new content in ff14 is just finishing story quests and gearing for base Ilevel of things is piss easy.

So what is it really that made wow the way it is now: two complaint people always had: Catch up mechanic too easy, queue for shit solo too easy. Those are also true of FF14, yet the social aspect of many servers remain just as good. I think its what is mostly holding a rough game like FF14 togheter as a great experience. Its like back in the days playing video games on MSN gaming zone, eventually you knew most AOE 2 players and it was chill. My server is like that i get invited to people wedding, i invited people to my wedding, people have chill houses to go Chat zone in. Theres more to the game, then the game itself.
    Than they need to remove it because that single thing turned me of the entire game. Not everybody reads up on stuff for the games they play.

Than they need to remove it because that single thing turned me of the entire game. Not everybody reads up on stuff for the games they play.
    Just alttab, that's what everyone does.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

The cutscenes actually used to be skippable. However, new players who wanted to see the story complained because everyone else skipped the cutscenes and just cleared the place without them. Whichever one you do you make people unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Nah it's okay. There is one very good reason for MS-Queue: Leveling shit you have no idea how to play. As (Praetorium at least) gives you a level worth of xp until lvl 75 or so... it has its uses.

I just chat with the other 7 people while Gaius rambles on.
    Sadly..i'm stuck with 50lvl cap for the next 2-3 weeks. *can't get the rest of the expacs for 2 weeks at least* So far i do castrum for quick 200 tomes. It is very easy to gear up once you hit 50. I've done half a dozen alliance raids and NO lancer love. T.T Have gotten a few other job pieces tho, so that's a plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Question on the exp. I am stuck at 50 when i did it. Do you still get the great exp after the first run? How good is the castrum/preatorian and alliance raid exp ?

Sadly..i'm stuck with 50lvl cap for the next 2-3 weeks. *can't get the rest of the expacs for 2 weeks at least* So far i do castrum for quick 200 tomes. It is very easy to gear up once you hit 50. I've done half a dozen alliance raids and NO lancer love. T.T Have gotten a few other job pieces tho, so that's a plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Question on the exp. I am stuck at 50 when i did it. Do you still get the great exp after the first run? How good is the castrum/preatorian and alliance raid exp ?
    The longest one with the most cut scenes gives full levels or nearly full until lvl 70+, then its still millions of XP. Once you complete it, you can do roullette main story quest, which is both of these. Outside of XP its not worth doing, if you dont want to do it, certainly dont theres too many other way to level secondary job to force yourself doing that shit lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    After 10 years of WoW and never picking up a single FF game, a guildie of mine invited me to try out FF14 online. After fiddling around with SWtoR, BDO and Tera, I was reluctant to invest myself in yet another MMO.

Why should this be any different? I asked myself.

Still, im in a decent position in my life where I can pay the money for a video game and just shelve it if I dont like it. I dont like the restrictions of TRIALS or free to play blocks where you cant get the entire experience.

I bought FF14 complete edition and I jumped in.

Its been 3 days now and I am in heaven. I cannot get enough of this game and I think its mainly going to come down to storyline and community. Everyone is optimistic and generally happy. I have bounced around on 4 different servers over the past decade and over time, the disdain from WoW just creeps in. Is it justified? Probably. But its not something I want to hear about on the daily.

Fast forward to recently and Final Fantasy is just perfect. I have no regrets spending the money and I wish I would have done so a long time ago, when I heard this game was coming out and I ASSumed it was destined to fail.

This is just a positive review of someone that picked this up in 2019 and I encourage others to jump in and get that feeling of a new, unexplored world.

Thanks for your time.
    they have sexier women models on final fantasy 14 but wow has my sexy jaina.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The longest one with the most cut scenes gives full levels or nearly full until lvl 70+, then its still millions of XP. Once you complete it, you can do roullette main story quest, which is both of these. Outside of XP its not worth doing, if you dont want to do it, certainly dont theres too many other way to level secondary job to force yourself doing that shit lol.
    Just out of curiosity, which is the longest one? Can that be done via roulettes?

Just out of curiosity, which is the longest one? Can that be done via roulettes?
    Praetorium is the final eight man instance of the 2.0 story. You can get it by queuing for the Main Scenario Duty Roulette, though there is also a chance you'll get the other penultimate instance of 2.0, Meridianum. People prefer Praetorium because it gives you the most EXP for the least amount of effort; you spend maybe a grand total of 10 minutes actually pressing buttons in the instance. Otherwise, you can alt tab out and browse the web for half an hour while unskippable cutscenes are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Praetorium is the final eight man instance of the 2.0 story. You can get it by queuing for the Main Scenario Duty Roulette, though there is also a chance you'll get the other penultimate instance of 2.0, Meridianum. People prefer Praetorium because it gives you the most EXP for the least amount of effort; you spend maybe a grand total of 10 minutes actually pressing buttons in the instance. Otherwise, you can alt tab out and browse the web for half an hour while unskippable cutscenes are playing.
    Nice nice...now all i have to do is buy SB so that i can actually lvl. Or just play other jobs/unlock stuff/deck out my lancer in 120-130gear while waiting.
    I swear lancer gear must be quite rare from CT. *i'm working on gae bolg now and will do the hard trial quests when i do them for gae bolg* then unlock bahumet coil. *then time to farm dreadwyrm *